Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2016 8:27 PM

Jan 2012
This is one of the requirements for the anime challenge:

Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)

What does the word "cours" mean? I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks
Jan 7, 2016 8:33 PM

Jan 2012
MadeULook said:
I have mostly everything planned out but I just need some help with:

1. Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant.

2. Watch an anime with children as the main cast. I'm drawing a blank here.

@MadeULook an anime that has children as the main cast (along with an adult) is Barakamon. This aired Summer 2014

What genre would you like? I have watched a broad range of anime, though I'm not familiar/watch much horror
Jan 7, 2016 8:39 PM

Apr 2011
ManzoHiroshi said:

Thanks

1 cour = 3 months. That's generally what cours represent. So 1 cour anime = 12-13 episodes, 2 cour anime = 24-26 episodes, etc.
Jan 7, 2016 9:28 PM

Aug 2007
I have almost of all my lineup done but need a recommendation from you guys.

Btw, how does this entry 'Choose an anime from the predictive search using a generated random word' work, exactly? I get a random word from the site, enter it in search and then pick an anime from those that show up? Or does it have to contain the word in the actual title?
Jan 7, 2016 10:07 PM

Oct 2014
ManzoHiroshi said:

Thanks
Cour refers to the airing period and is only applicable to TV series. One cour is one anime airing season which is three months. It would not be surprising to not understand it as "Black Rock Shooter" with 8 episodes and "The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato" with 16 episodes would both be considered one cour by most people even though one is twice as long as the other. In the past anime would take long rest periods without breaking the anime into separate seasons so although "The Big O" took 14 cour to air it was only actually airing for two of those and should be looked at as a 2 cour anime. Katanagatari is only 12 episodes, each being 50 minutes long, but it only released one episode every month so it is a 4 cour anime. Chi's Sweet Home is 104 episodes long, each being 3 minutes long, and four episodes were released every week so it aired over six months making it a 2 cour anime. Princess Tutu had 13 episodes which were 24 minutes and 25 episodes which were 12 minutes. It aired over four seasons making it a 4 cour anime despite being the same length as a 2 cour anime.

By "Watch an anime with three or more cours" they are expecting you to watch a 35+ episode anime such as Death Note, Shoujo Kakumei Utena, Hyouge Mono, or Kingdom, although since 4 cour anime tend to be more common it may be easier to find a 4 cour anime that you'd like to watch.
Jan 7, 2016 11:43 PM

May 2013
"Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)"

I am not sure what this means, but I think it means to be able to watch a lengthy anime. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

"one-/two-/three-cours" ==> I dont understand what this means.

Thank you so much.

Jan 8, 2016 12:00 AM

Oct 2014
Saber_Princess said:
"Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)"

I am not sure what this means, but I think it means to be able to watch a lengthy anime. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

"one-/two-/three-cours" ==> I dont understand what this means.

Thank you so much.
Cour refers to the airing period and is only applicable to TV series. One cour is one anime airing season which is three months. It would not be surprising to not understand it as "Black Rock Shooter" with 8 episodes and "The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato" with 16 episodes would both be considered one cour by most people even though one is twice as long as the other. In the past anime would take long rest periods without breaking the anime into separate seasons so although "The Big O" took 14 cour to air it was only actually airing for two of those and should be looked at as a 2 cour anime. Katanagatari is only 12 episodes, each being 50 minutes long, but it only released one episode every month so it is a 4 cour anime. Chi's Sweet Home is 104 episodes long, each being 3 minutes long, and four episodes were released every week so it aired over six months making it a 2 cour anime. Princess Tutu had 13 episodes which were 24 minutes and 25 episodes which were 12 minutes. It aired over four seasons making it a 4 cour anime despite being the same length as a 2 cour anime.

By "Watch an anime with three or more cours" they are expecting you to watch a 35+ episode anime such as Death Note, Shoujo Kakumei Utena, Hyouge Mono, or Kingdom, although since 4 cour anime tend to be more common it may be easier to find a 4 cour anime that you'd like to watch.

For easy mode you only need to complete a one cour anime (the most common type, typically 10-15 episodes), for medium you need to complete a two cour anime (also very common, 20-30 episodes), and for hard you need to complete a three cour anime (much less common, 33-45 episodes). For each you may choose to watch a longer anime than you are required to.
zombie_pegasusJan 8, 2016 12:04 AM
Jan 8, 2016 12:05 AM

Apr 2009
Hey I was wondering if someone could recommend something for these?

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
 » Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action

Thanks in advance!
Jan 8, 2016 12:34 AM

Mar 2013
Haikyuu for the first.

Bakuman for the second
Jan 8, 2016 12:38 AM

Dec 2015
Under Adaptations, when you speak of one-two-three cours, does that mean separate seasons?

Example - I was going to watch Gantz and Gantz 2nd Stage as a "two" cour anime. Is that what it means?

If so, cool. I want to watch that. But if not, what are some examples, and can someone explain in layman's terms what this means? Thank you!
Jan 8, 2016 12:44 AM

Jun 2015
ryukhyuk said:
Under Adaptations, when you speak of one-two-three cours, does that mean separate seasons?

Example - I was going to watch Gantz and Gantz 2nd Stage as a "two" cour anime. Is that what it means?

If so, cool. I want to watch that. But if not, what are some examples, and can someone explain in layman's terms what this means? Thank you!

From what I understand with the cour thing, you need an anime that has spanned for at least the number of cours you want. So if you chose the hard challenge for example, you are gonna need an anime that spanned for ~9 months or more.

I picked HxH for this. I think it aired for like 2 years or smth, so I am 100% covered.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 12:52 AM

Oct 2014
ryukhyuk said:

Anime that are split into separate seasons are treated as more than one anime. For example, Kirarin☆Revolution is a single anime that is 153 episodes which makes it 12 cour. Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream and its sequels Dear My Future and Rainbow Live are 51 episodes each adding up to 153 episodes but they are three separate 4 cour anime.
Jan 8, 2016 1:23 AM

Dec 2015
katsaroulhs said:
ryukhyuk said:

From what I understand with the cour thing, you need an anime that has spanned for at least the number of cours you want. So if you chose the hard challenge for example, you are gonna need an anime that spanned for ~9 months or more.

I picked HxH for this. I think it aired for like 2 years or smth, so I am 100% covered.

So, does that mean a cour equals just one "season" that it aired?

Do the seasons have to be consecutive? Does it matter? I guess I may not be clear on whether a "two-cour" anime is a longer running anime over more than one "season." What would constitute a two-cour anime???
Jan 8, 2016 1:27 AM

Jun 2015
ryukhyuk said:
katsaroulhs said:

Do the seasons have to be consecutive? Does it matter? I guess I may not be clear on whether a "two-cour" anime is a longer running anime over more than one "season." What would constitute a two-cour anime???

A cour, as I said, is a 3 month timespan. What do you mean by consecutive? If an anime started airing in January, and finished in September, it run through 3 cours. Or do you mean if an anime entered a hiatus, and then started again? I am not so sure about that, however, for all intends and purposes, it run through said cours, so I guess it counts.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 1:27 AM

Nov 2014
I've got the other 47 planned out after much deliberation and learning how to use BBCode, so I turn to the rest of MAL for help with my last 3.

» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships:
» Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character:
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant:
Jan 8, 2016 1:30 AM

Oct 2014
ryukhyuk said:
katsaroulhs said:

An anime that has aired two standard consecutive seasons such as Nanatsu no Taizai or Shirobako are two cour and will work for the challenge. The Big O and Chi's Sweet Home will also work even though they didn't air in the standard way. Ghost Stories will still work even though it's only 19 episodes and so will Shiba Inuko-san even though it's only 52 minutes.
Jan 8, 2016 1:32 AM

Jun 2015
Xmir said:
I've got the other 47 planned out after much deliberation and learning how to use BBCode, so I turn to the rest of MAL for help with my last 3.

» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships:
» Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character:
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant:

I will just tell you what I found for this criteria:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Kimi no Todoke (Sawako Kuronuma, dandere)
And I rec you Ergo Proxy.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 1:36 AM

Jun 2015
How old do the kids have to be for the children as main cast one?
:)
Jan 8, 2016 1:38 AM

Jun 2015
desseroni said:
How old do the kids have to be for the children as main cast one?

I would guess below teens. So like 14 or less?
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 2:49 AM

Jan 2015
So I started an anime in 30/12/2015 and got nearly half way through it.
Could it be counted for this challenge?
Jan 8, 2016 2:51 AM

Jun 2015
suraj_anton said:

The rules state that you should start/finish anime for the challenge only during the time of the challenge. However this seems like a special case, so you will have to wait for SheyCroix to clarify this.

I personally wouldn't allow it.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 2:55 AM

Oct 2014
I watched the first 15 episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist in 2015 but most people consider those necessary to watch before starting Brotherhood so could I still count it as starting the 03 anime in 2016?
Jan 8, 2016 3:05 AM

Sep 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
I watched the first 15 episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist in 2015 but most people consider those necessary to watch before starting Brotherhood so could I still count it as starting the 03 anime in 2016?

I don't really understand your question. If you want to watch FMA 03 then you have to start at ep1. Same for FMAB.

katsaroulhs said:
ryukhyuk said:

A cour, as I said, is a 3 month timespan. What do you mean by consecutive? If an anime started airing in January, and finished in September, it run through 3 cours. Or do you mean if an anime entered a hiatus, and then started again? I am not so sure about that, however, for all intends and purposes, it run through said cours, so I guess it counts.

If a show goes on a hiatus, which probably won't happen within 3 cours anyways, it doesn't count. It has to be consecutive. Split cours don't count, either, even though it doesn't make sense that they don't.
Jan 8, 2016 3:25 AM

Oct 2014
Miragee said:
zombie_pegasus said:

I don't really understand your question. If you want to watch FMA 03 then you have to start at ep1. Same for FMAB.
I'm not rewatching those episodes just to make it count for the challenge. I'm still watching three of the four cours in 2016 so I think it should count. I was just saying that if I had started FMAB after those 15 episodes then it would count for the challenge but instead I've deciding to continue the original so it should also count for the challenge. Although it isn't one of the main challenges there is a bonus challenge for completed a dropped or on-hold anime which you likely would have started before 2016.
Jan 8, 2016 3:49 AM

Jul 2009
Someone recommend me something please~ I would like some comedy, but anything's fine.
Jan 8, 2016 4:39 AM

Sep 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
Miragee said:

I'm not rewatching those episodes just to make it count for the challenge. I'm still watching three of the four cours in 2016 so I think it should count. I was just saying that if I had started FMAB after those 15 episodes then it would count for the challenge but instead I've deciding to continue the original so it should also count for the challenge. Although it isn't one of the main challenges there is a bonus challenge for completed a dropped or on-hold anime which you likely would have started before 2016.

You have to have to watch the whole series in this year. Doesn't matter whether your are watching 1 or 15 episodes last year. Same goes for FMAB. You have to watch the whole 64 episodes of FMAB. Cutting in the beginning because you watched some episodes of FMA 03 doesn't count. In the end, handle it as you like. It's not like anybody is going to check it...

namea said:
Someone recommend me something please~ I would like some comedy, but anything's fine.

Try "Humanity has declined", it's satire.
Jan 8, 2016 4:40 AM

Jun 2015
Miragee said:
zombie_pegasus said:

katsaroulhs said:

If a show goes on a hiatus, which probably won't happen within 3 cours anyways, it doesn't count. It has to be consecutive. Split cours don't count, either, even though it doesn't make sense that they don't.

i see. Thanks for clearing that up..
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 4:44 AM

Jul 2009
Miragee said:

namea said:

Try "Humanity has declined", it's satire.

Thanks a lot, I had my eyes on this for a while, so now I have a chance to finally see it.
Jan 8, 2016 4:47 AM

Jun 2015
I wasn't the one who recommended that. XD
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 5:44 AM

Jul 2015
Can someone recommend me an anime? Preferably 1 or 2 cour

Jan 8, 2016 6:04 AM

Apr 2015
KeviNinja said:

Michiko to Hatchin, it's 22 episodes.
Jan 8, 2016 6:07 AM

Feb 2013
Can someone recommend me an anime for this?
> Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant.
I asked for it a few pages before but nobody answered me :( this is my list.
Jan 8, 2016 6:36 AM

Sep 2014
Ritshiro said:
> Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant.

Watch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's already on your ptw, it's excellent and you liked Psycho Pass so chances are good that you will like this one as well.
Jan 8, 2016 7:11 AM

Jul 2015
-Eien- said:
KeviNinja said:

Michiko to Hatchin, it's 22 episodes.

Was already planning to watch it, guess I have a reason now :D

Jan 8, 2016 7:31 AM

Feb 2013
Miragee said:
Ritshiro said:

Watch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's already on your ptw, it's excellent and you liked Psycho Pass so chances are good that you will like this one as well.

Thank you! ^^ yup I put it in PTW a long time ago because someone said the same about Psycho Pass :P
Jan 8, 2016 8:22 AM

Feb 2013
I have little issue with - "For each item select an anime that fits its criteria. Each anime can be used once within the challenge."

I mainly watch ongoing anime and have no idea what anime will come out next seasons since Im choosing what anime Im going to watch like week or two before start of season itself and of course, we dont know all anime that will come in fall season etc.

What should I do then? Can I fill my form with season anime four times a year or smth like that?
Jan 8, 2016 8:23 AM

Sep 2014
Leco105 said:
I have little issue with - "For each item select an anime that fits its criteria. Each anime can be used once within the challenge."

I mainly watch ongoing anime and have no idea what anime will come out next seasons since Im choosing what anime Im going to watch like week or two before start of season itself and of course, we dont know all anime that will come in fall season etc.

What should I do then? Can I fill my form with season anime four times a year or smth like that?

You asked that question before and it got answered before... You can edit/fill in your list at any time and as often as you like.
Jan 8, 2016 8:35 AM
Dec 2015
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
Can someone please help me with this one? Either from my PTW or some comedy, horror, fantasy etc.
Jan 8, 2016 9:12 AM

Mar 2013
.Stein;s gate.
.Ajin
.Kill la Kill.
Jan 8, 2016 10:51 AM

Jan 2011
Leco105 said:

You can edit the criteria as many times as you want, switch around just use them ones in the list
Jan 8, 2016 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
MocarnyJogurt said:

Anyone has something interesting to recommend? :]

Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Kyousou Giga (TV)
Jan 8, 2016 11:29 AM

May 2012
Recommendations please? If possible few titles up to 3 cours that are really good or funny. :)

Also, can I use two (or more) different seasons of the same series (for example Clannad and Clannad After Story) to fill two different criteria? I planned to keep all the sequels/prequels as an emergency supply, cause watching 50 new TV series with all series related to it could turn out to be too hard. But I will still try not to use them! :]
wiedzminekJan 8, 2016 11:32 AM
Jan 8, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2008
I need a three-cour anime, any suggestions? Something action packed!
Jan 8, 2016 11:36 AM

May 2014
I made two badges, feel free to use them:

Jan 8, 2016 11:37 AM

Oct 2014
Rojo said:
I haven't seen it, but Kingdom is three cour and it looks pretty action packed. It's seinen so it won't be mindless action.
Jan 8, 2016 11:39 AM

Jun 2015
wiedzminek said:
Recommendations please? If possible few titles up to 3 cours that are really good or funny. :)

Also, can I use two (or more) different seasons of the same series (for example Clannad and Clannad After Story) to fill two different criteria? I planned to keep all the sequels/prequels as an emergency supply, cause watching 50 new TV series with all series related to it could turn out to be too hard. But I will still try not to use them! :]

Cross Game is a really good 3 cours anime.
:)
Jan 8, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2012
desseroni said:
wiedzminek said:

Cross Game is a really good 3 cours anime.

Thanks! I will finally learn baseball rules
Jan 8, 2016 11:52 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Just answering some questions that seemed to left a bit of doubt. If I missed any not answered by someone else already, then sorry.....

delija9091 said:
aifukola said:
Can I watch something from a studio I've watched stuff from before, if I don't recognize the name of the studio, or should I look for something I've never watched from before?

Wouldn't it be easier to just go under "Anime Search" and pick a studio that you don't know from the list? Your approach is "kinda" cheating.
But it's not like anyone is going to check your challenges, so whatever you decide.

Actually I will. Once the participant reply with a turn-in form (completed the challenge).
It would be better to pick a director/composer/studio from which you haven't seen anything before. Since once you have watched something from there, you technically know that director/composer/studio (the way they work in an anime). Unless you have seen lots of anime, this shouldn't be that difficult.

Thnx4dafood said:
Can you use an original anime movie in the slot for an "original anime"??

Any type can be used.

Nocturnal said:
...how does this entry 'Choose an anime from the predictive search using a generated random word' work, exactly? I get a random word from the site, enter it in search and then pick an anime from those that show up? Or does it have to contain the word in the actual title?

It doesn't have to say the actual word on the title. Just to appear once you have written it in the search bar.

suraj_anton said:

No. All the anime used for the challenge must have been started during the challenge period (Jan 01 - Dec 31)

Miragee said:
zombie_pegasus said:

You have to have to watch the whole series in this year. Doesn't matter whether your are watching 1 or 15 episodes last year. Same goes for FMAB. You have to watch the whole 64 episodes of FMAB. Cutting in the beginning because you watched some episodes of FMA 03 doesn't count. In the end, handle it as you like. It's not like anybody is going to check it....

Don't say it like that. I do plan to check the forms once they have been turned in....
For an anime to count for the challenge it needs to be watched during the challenge period (Jan 01 - Dec 31). The only item that has an exception is the bonus one that says to finish an on-hold or dropped. Since you started that one before.

wiedzminek said:

Yes, as long as they are different entries you can.

coromandel said:
I made two badges, feel free to use them:

Thanks! Will add them~

SheyCroixJan 8, 2016 11:55 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 8, 2016 12:00 PM

Jul 2012
SheyCroix said:
Just answering some questions that seemed to left a bit of doubt. If I missed any not answered by someone else already, then sorry.....

delija9091 said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just go under "Anime Search" and pick a studio that you don't know from the list? Your approach is "kinda" cheating.
But it's not like anyone is going to check your challenges, so whatever you decide.

Actually I will. Once the participant reply with a turn-in form (completed the challenge).
It would be better to pick a director/composer/studio from which you haven't seen anything before. Since once you have watched something from there, you technically know that director/composer/studio (the way they work in an anime). Unless you have seen lots of anime, this shouldn't be that difficult.

Do you check the rewatch entries too? I've never felt the need to use the rewatch feature, so it'd be good to know in advance.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Jan 8, 2016 12:03 PM

Jan 2008
zombie_pegasus said:
Rojo said:
I haven't seen it, but Kingdom is three cour and it looks pretty action packed. It's seinen so it won't be mindless action.

Thank you!! Adding it to my list!!!

Here are some more letters.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Great Anime that have 5 seasons or more that is underwatched.

RjtheGreat14 - May 3

29 by TRC_Randy »»
32 seconds ago

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

34 by Lioness83 »»
5 minutes ago

» Disney Japan Executive Promises to Censor Anime ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - Yesterday

69 by traed »»
21 minutes ago

» What makes Anime different from Cartoons ?

tchitchouan - 12 hours ago

41 by Angel_crush1 »»
28 minutes ago

» How much time do you spend discussing anime?

RobertBobert - May 6

20 by perseii »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.