Forum Settings
Forums

Canada BANS a man from the entire internet for "attacking" a feminist.

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 23, 2015 6:16 AM

Aug 2013
JustALEX said:
Zeally said:
how does one get banned from the entire internet

They literally banned him from using ANY device that can access the internet.

>guy breaks leg badly
>cant ring ambulance not allowed phone
>gg feminists

And how is he supposed to work with no internet access or device that might get online. The feminists are basically wanting this guy to slowly die become jobless homeless then die so they can feel good.

Fuck em.
Nov 23, 2015 6:16 AM
Mar 2011
JustALEX said:
Zeally said:

draconian not even pedos get that sort id ban
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 23, 2015 7:05 AM

Sep 2011
DateYutaka said:
snip.

sargon kissing up the milo and the far right again why he fuck and i not surprised

Idiot.

I used to think feminism had a merit and legitimacy. Day by day, I find the movement as revolting as KKK. They can't argue properly, they can't defend their attitude. What good are they for? They would feel right at home in North Korea. Everybody there won't criticise them. Just look at Kim.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Nov 23, 2015 7:57 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Yeah, I've seen a lot about this case, and there was no harassment, threats or anything really deserving a conviction. Reading the tweets you won't find any.
If anything, the guy was the one being harassed by self-righteous feminists, spearheaded by professional victim Stephanie Guthrie (not her first time, either --watch her TEDx talk. Seems likely.

Anyway, there were no threats; he just disagreed with feminists launching a internet lynch mob against the guy who made the game about punching Anita Sarkeesian.
Nov 23, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2015
JustALEX said:
Zeally said:

That's just.. unfair....
#CHEXIT
Nov 23, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2012
Syndromic said:
I used to think feminism had a merit and legitimacy. Day by day, I find the movement as revolting as KKK. They can't argue properly, they can't defend their attitude. What good are they for? They would feel right at home in North Korea. Everybody there won't criticise them. Just look at Kim.
This is why people hate Muslims too, btw.
Nov 23, 2015 2:10 PM

Mar 2008
Hell reading those tweets they even were talking like buddies almost in some. In fact she actually was the one harassing him with libel. All he did was call her a fat angry pig for what she was doing. She should be the one charged with something.

His twitter also has a tweet with him saying "If you like harassing people on Twitter until you can celebrate them using ALL CAPS— Seek professional help... You're a sick fuck"

Rothion said:
JustALEX said:
Canada becoming so goddamn far left and their feminists seem to be some of the biggest fucking cunts anywhere.
Wouldn't associate this degeneracy with a political spectrum.
People use the wrong axis all the time. Its authoritarianism.
kobun said:
more feminist propaganda

why do I even go in this section it just disappoints me everytime with its predictability.
Its not propaganda, because its true.

DreamingBeats said:
from what i understand, she blocked him, and he was only following her because she wouldn't stoop talking crap about him on twitter.

regardless, he posed no harm anymore than a regular MAL user would pose a threat against you. do you really think someone insulting you and saying that you are wrong deserve to be put on jail by a biased jury? i don't think so.

edit: lol @ taking her story seriously.
Then shes guilty of defamation of character and he can sue her.
Nov 23, 2015 2:23 PM

Jan 2015
Canada is becoming Sweden rip
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 26, 2015 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
Just fine him!

Banning him from internet is too harsh! And stupid! The punishment is supposed to fit the crime and banning him from the internet now means you are effectively hampering his ability to communicate with most people!

They might as well just give him a jail sentence! That would be more reasonable!

Where did the judge get his or her law degree anyway?
Nov 26, 2015 10:06 AM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:
Syndromic said:
This is why people hate Muslims too, btw.

At least they give us Kebab! So unlike feminist there is something positive from that!
Nov 26, 2015 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
20 years from now:

> You questioned a feminist?

> Give that man the death penalty.
Nov 26, 2015 10:32 AM
Mar 2011
Syndromic said:
DateYutaka said:
snip.

sargon kissing up the milo and the far right again why he fuck and i not surprised

Idiot.

its him and the so called lefist in GG ass licking the far right people like Beibart made me not get behind GG cuase im just never going to bacl anyhting that has far right influence it goes agenst my very ideals what iv laveb by and my father lived for before me

sargpm amd them leftist pseodu leftistd] kissing up to the far right sickens me to my core

as much as 3rd wavers do
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 26, 2015 10:44 AM

May 2015
You think to yourself "there's no way these retards can do anything worse" but then they do. Feminism is a complete joke in this day and age.

Nov 27, 2015 7:29 PM

Jun 2015
DateYutaka said:
kobun said:
more feminist propaganda

why do I even go in this section it just disappoints me everytime with its predictability.

how

Its predictable & nothing new.
Nov 27, 2015 7:30 PM

Jun 2015
Syndromic said:
DateYutaka said:
snip.

Idiot.

Imagine being this afraid about an equal rights movement that you compare them to the KKK, a literal terrorism group.
Nov 27, 2015 7:33 PM

Nov 2011
That's retarded.

Nov 27, 2015 7:39 PM
Aug 2015
JustALEX said:

lol, just realized that Anita Sarkeesian is ALSO Canadian.

And then suddenly Canada becomes not so great, within a span of seconds... :(

Imeon said:
JustALEX said:

That's just.. unfair....

Inhumane*

Internet may as well be a basic human privilege considering the age we're currently presiding in.
Nov 27, 2015 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
Bryance said:
JustALEX said:

lol, just realized that Anita Sarkeesian is ALSO Canadian.

I can't hear you over the sound of free healthcare.
Nov 27, 2015 7:56 PM
Mar 2011
Syndromic said:
DateYutaka said:
snip.

Idiot.

its true he claims ot be left but has spent almost 18 moths kissing up to baitbart via milo who is an open mysgonist [ im not a 3rd waver] but jist listening to him to can hear it just the idea of of kissing up to bribart lke sargon has has stripped any credibility he has as a leftist

if you no how left i am it would be like me kissing up ot fascist somthing that is not in my morals and ageist my best core views of the world

Nov 27, 2015 7:59 PM
Aug 2015
mayukachan said:
Bryance said:

Touche.
Nov 27, 2015 8:56 PM

Nov 2009
mayukachan said:
Bryance said:

Would call it "collective healthcare" too be honest. It isn't free, not by a longshot. It is a good deal if you are consistently needing medical treatment, however if you live the majority of your life perfectly healthy then you just got screwed tens of thousands of dollars in unneeded health insurance through significantly higher taxes used to pay for that insurance.

I've also heard some rather nasty stories about how Canada's "healthcare" is somewhat messy and more importantly unsustainable. Quite a few people have been fearing just how large a chunk the healthcare system takes out of Canada's budget.
Pirating_NinjaNov 27, 2015 9:00 PM
Nov 27, 2015 8:57 PM

Nov 2015
People can take things too far. However, we can't let an idea be damaged by the extremists from either side.
"We are made of stardust, our whole body consists of material that has been here before the beginning of time."
Dec 3, 2015 7:24 PM
Dec 2015
Happens every day. This chick took it too far. gg
Dec 3, 2015 7:47 PM

Apr 2013
lmao.

I knew it. In 10 years our world is going to be ruled by feminazis and driven to the ground.

We're all fucked. Fuck Canada.
Dec 4, 2015 3:52 AM

Mar 2015
The world is tumbling down~

Prepare your SJW stances people, it's time to suck up to the new leaders of mankind~
Dec 4, 2015 4:53 AM

Aug 2014
RiP Humanity.
Dec 5, 2015 12:39 PM

May 2009
jal90 said:
JustALEX said:

Well, that's a nice video for a cunterattack. I cunt see it not working. The court should definitely take this evidence into a cunt.

Regardless of stupid videos, this is probably the most absurd sentence I've ever heard. It's literally inapplicable, not to mention over the top and biased.

Regardless of the words he used, he makes a valid point (as he pretty much always does): she was harassing him, not the other way around.

People talk shit on Twitter and other social media all the goddamn time, but I don't hear any stories about them getting banned from the internet altogether. Why: Because most people know that most of these comments are just made to mess with you a bit. You shouldn't take them too seriously, and if you can't handle that, then why are you even on social media (or the internet) in the first place?

Toxic feminists can't handle criticism, whether it's directed at them, or their idols (which Anita Sarkeesian clearly appears to be), so they go out of their way to make the one dishing out said criticism a living nightmare, even if it means sending angry letters filled with lies to the employers of the critics.

Another feminist who calls herself Laughing Witch tried to do this to Thunderf00t when he mocked and criticized the toxic feminist movement and its representatives, as well as Muslims. In his case, it didn't work, and he's still doing what he does best: science stuff, but there have been other cases in which the employers got cold feet and actually sacked the employee for something he did in his private time and which had nothing to do with the company.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2015 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
Bryance said:

I'd take free speech over "free" healthcare any day.
Let's go bowling.
Jan 22, 2016 11:20 PM

Jul 2013
Just want to update this thread.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/01/22/verdict-expected-today-in-twitter-harassment-trial_n_9047716.html

TORONTO — A Toronto man's repeated and often insulting Twitter interactions with two women's rights activists would not reasonably have led them to fear for their safety, an Ontario judge said Friday in acquitting him of criminal harassment.

There is no doubt that Stephanie Guthrie and Heather Reilly were harassed by Gregory Alan Elliott, either due to the volume or content of his tweets, but that alone does not meet the legal threshold for a conviction, Ontario Court Judge Brent Knazan said.

After a three year court battle, Gregory Alan Elliott is found not guilty for the twitter harassment case as of today. I'm not surprise. He was banned from using the internet and lost his job as a result of it.

Would he have been convicted anyway if he couldn't afford to pay the legal fees ($100,000+)? Hopefully, he counter sue.
Jan 22, 2016 11:30 PM

Nov 2011
he won the trial, but because of the cost the trial incurred him (the cost of losing his job and being unemployed and the cost of his trial), it's highly doubtful that people in Canada would feel free to disagree with radical feminist in Canada. the feminists effectively won.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 23, 2016 12:48 AM
Feb 2014
I hate feminism gone haywire just as much as the next guy but you really don't have to get into arguments with them on the Internet to stroke your ego. I'd say he had it coming but at the same time, the punishment is too severe and absurd as it is.

Prove me otherwise.
Jan 23, 2016 1:37 AM

Feb 2014
Banning him from the Internet?

That's almost impossible.

Good luck, Canada.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jan 23, 2016 2:21 AM

Dec 2007
mial said:
Just want to update this thread.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/01/22/verdict-expected-today-in-twitter-harassment-trial_n_9047716.html

TORONTO — A Toronto man's repeated and often insulting Twitter interactions with two women's rights activists would not reasonably have led them to fear for their safety, an Ontario judge said Friday in acquitting him of criminal harassment.

There is no doubt that Stephanie Guthrie and Heather Reilly were harassed by Gregory Alan Elliott, either due to the volume or content of his tweets, but that alone does not meet the legal threshold for a conviction, Ontario Court Judge Brent Knazan said.

After a three year court battle, Gregory Alan Elliott is found not guilty for the twitter harassment case as of today. I'm not surprise. He was banned from using the internet and lost his job as a result of it.

Would he have been convicted anyway if he couldn't afford to pay the legal fees ($100,000+)? Hopefully, he counter sue.
It was a criminal case, so he can't counter-sue. That requires a civil case.

Now, my knowledge of Canadian law is somewhat limited, but I would expect he has potential civil cases against the "victim," the investigator, and the prosecutor. He may also be able to press criminal charges against them if evidence of collusion is found (they're all associated). Unfortunately, judges tend to be above the law in regards to civil charges about courtroom conduct, though he could (and should) file an official complaint there too.
Jan 23, 2016 2:26 AM

Nov 2009
He should just join one of those MRA organizations (even if he isn't an MRA) and just point out what feminism did to him, bet he could make a bit back making youtube videos . . . Maybe.
Jan 23, 2016 2:49 AM

Jun 2012
Spooks said:
20 years from now:

> You questioned a feminist?

> Give that man the death penalty.

I know this is supposed to be a joke, but I could see this happening.
Am I the only girl who thinks feminism is dumb?
Jan 23, 2016 5:55 AM

Nov 2012
It's more like people need to stop referring to these people as feminists, because this new third wave feminist movement, supporting policing of language and going out of their way to destroy the lives of those that disagree with them, is quite frankly, disgusting.

Jan 23, 2016 9:42 PM

Aug 2010
DreamingBeats said:
he won the trial, but because of the cost the trial incurred him (the cost of losing his job and being unemployed and the cost of his trial), it's highly doubtful that people in Canada would feel free to disagree with radical feminist in Canada. the feminists effectively won.

Not quite. Infact I think it's the opposite. People will refer to this case as an example of how crazy people on the internet are out to get you as well as the real life pain and consequences of the alleged that can be as a result which is completely preposterous and otherwise would be completely avoided had the crown just dismissed the case.

So in the future when they see a case like this they will look at the consequences of this example and just not take the case at all or most likely be found not guilty making this case as the precedent.

And also I would like to add THANK GOD THIS SHIT IS OVER
ThRippJckJan 23, 2016 10:29 PM
Jan 23, 2016 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
And it surprises anyone that extremist liberals are just as stupid there as they are in the US?
Spoiler alert: They aren't.
Their new leader (the one with the following of women, because "ZOMMMG JUSTIN IS SO CUUUTEE", sorry I can't spell his last name to save my life), is apparently a huge sympathizer with the modern third wave feminist movement though, so it makes sense as to why this is allowed. Though apparently Canada's wimpification started awhile ago, when they allegedly started giving everyone trophies in 'noncompetitive' sports leagues just for showing up
removed-userJan 23, 2016 9:53 PM
Jan 25, 2016 6:39 AM
Jan 2015
I would move out of Canada if I was that guy. Can't live without my internet.
Jan 25, 2016 6:53 AM

Feb 2015
Well to be fair, it's his fault for making these stupid flash games, that serve no other purpose as offending people. That's character assassination.

Also this video is clearly biased.
Jan 25, 2016 9:35 AM

May 2009
JonasTheJay said:
Well to be fair, it's his fault for making these stupid flash games, that serve no other purpose as offending people. That's character assassination.

That's BS. SJWs need to grow a fucking thicker skin, because even the slightest little thing triggers them. It's even more stupid that he was even convicted for it. It's a direct attack on free speech (something SJWs don't believe in), and the judge responsible should be fired.

Now that the man's been cleared of all charges, he should countersue the SJWs that ruined his life. That should give them a wake-up call they'll remember for a long time and teach them not to fuck with people.

Doesn't make it any less true. Heck, these videos hold many times more truth than any feminist propaganda.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2016 9:44 AM

Feb 2015
AO968 said:
JonasTheJay said:

That's BS. SJWs need to grow a fucking thicker skin, because even the slightest little thing triggers them. It's even more stupid that he was even convicted for it. It's a direct attack on free speech (something SJWs don't believe in), and the judge responsible should be fired.

Now that the man's been cleared of all charges, he should countersue the SJWs that ruined his life. That should give them a wake-up call they'll remember for a long time and teach them not to fuck with people.

People need to realize that they can't do all sorts of crazy shit on the internet without any consequences.

"it's just a prank bro" , "it's not a death thread I was just trolling", "ever heard of freedom of speech? I can say whatever I want XDDDD"

These kind of people seriously need to stop. The internet is not a magical place without rules, where everyone can whatever the fuck they want.
Jan 25, 2016 11:12 AM

Oct 2014
JonasTheJay said:
AO968 said:

People need to realize that they can't do all sorts of crazy shit on the internet without any consequences.

"it's just a prank bro" , "it's not a death thread I was just trolling", "ever heard of freedom of speech? I can say whatever I want XDDDD"

These kind of people seriously need to stop. The internet is not a magical place without rules, where everyone can whatever the fuck they want.

And who decides who can say what in the internet? American law? German law? Canadian law? The law of the specific person's own nationality? The law of the country the servers of the website that's currently being posted in?

If it's not clearly specified where "freedom of speech" ends and where "character assassination" starts, people will not even realize what they do. This is very dangerous because without yourself knowing that you passed the "border" you are suddenly deemed a criminal.

It's like you are walking around in town and suddenly get shot by the military because you unknowingly walked into an unlabeled shoot-on-sight military area.
Grey-ZoneJan 25, 2016 11:17 AM
Jan 25, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2010
JonasTheJay said:

Did you look into this or what? He didn't make the games, he was trying to stop the women from destroying the kid who made the games because it opposed them.

The feminists went after him because he challenged them by defending the kid
Jan 25, 2016 8:57 PM

Jun 2011
JonasTheJay said:
The internet is not a magical place without rules, where everyone can whatever the fuck they want.

Uh, yeah, it pretty much is. That is the great thing about the internet, it's the ultimate free speech zone.
Jan 26, 2016 12:36 AM

Dec 2007
JonasTheJay said:

To be fair: You're not being fair, because he didn't make the games. He merely defended the person who did that as having the right to do so. That is not up for debate: it's still legal to do it.

But, to actually be fair, the law that was used was supposed to be about actual threats of inflicting physical harm, which obviously were not present. As such, to be fair, there were never any valid grounds to charge him in the first place, regardless of whether he was offensive or displaying a bad attitude or anything else. He was severely penalized for NOT violating the law! It's kind of impossible for that to be fair.
Jan 26, 2016 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
AO968 said:

while i agree that he should be compensated, we're talking about a heavily biased court here - they took a long time to decide something that should have been obvious...
it'll probably take a very long time for the guy to receive some sort of compensation, and even then, it'll probably not be much.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 26, 2016 5:35 AM

Feb 2015
ErwinJA said:
JonasTheJay said:

To be fair: You're not being fair, because he didn't make the games. He merely defended the person who did that as having the right to do so. That is not up for debate: it's still legal to do it.

But, to actually be fair, the law that was used was supposed to be about actual threats of inflicting physical harm, which obviously were not present. As such, to be fair, there were never any valid grounds to charge him in the first place, regardless of whether he was offensive or displaying a bad attitude or anything else. He was severely penalized for NOT violating the law! It's kind of impossible for that to be fair.

Ok I was wrong, I thought he made the game himself.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.