Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2015 10:57 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That's one heck of a speech coming from Kawasumi lol

I think he meant every word of it though especially when it comes to protecting Suiren from anything or anyone :D
Oct 15, 2015 4:24 AM

Sep 2013
so it's the ending?? this chapter, i mean.
Oct 15, 2015 7:58 AM
Oct 2015
I read somewhere that this was the last chapter? It finished soon, the last chapters felt too rushed. As in they tried closing the doors on matters a bit too soon. I hoped it would continue like show their distant relationship and reunion etc. O well. Kawasumi's 'proposal' was cute, they are such a cute adorable couple.
“There's no advantage to hurrying through life." -Shikamaru Nara
Oct 15, 2015 8:52 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
This was the final chapter guys.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Oct 15, 2015 12:21 PM
Oct 2012
I agree it was a bit rushed but I still over it! I did the typical fangirl whilst reading haha laying on my bed rolling around reading the last chapter I loved it sooo much haha deffo one of my top 3 :-)
Oct 15, 2015 6:13 PM

May 2012
This is really the end?
Oct 16, 2015 1:46 AM

Jun 2014
It should have ended a lot sooner, there was a ton of unnecessary drama
Naruto Fangay right here. Kappa 2EZ4RTZ BibleThump Lepo Lepo
Oct 17, 2015 3:22 AM

Feb 2014
I honestly tried to like this :( the pacing and the characters let me down. Suiren is a cutie but after a while her personality got on my nerves.

It was okay for me.
Oct 17, 2015 7:15 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
goodness what the heck of an ending was that?

last twenty or so chapters were pretty meh overall. Atohira loving Suiren was just thrown in there, Koharu as a character... I didn't get the purpose of her besides making pointless complications and the author did a whole load of nothing with her anyway.

And what a closure to Aya's little side story there, why even bother? I liked Aya as a character but that was just so disappointing.

Too little happened in too long.
Oct 19, 2015 8:32 AM

Mar 2012
this is the ending???????? the manga is already too slow but then in the last 15 chapters it gets rushed????? such a bas writing tbh

completely disappointed
Nov 14, 2015 12:58 PM

Aug 2006
The first 40 chapters or so was really cute (I don't mind slow paced romance) but after that, I felt like the manga dragged on a little, or rather, there wasn't much to expand on. But it was still a good read (the pretty art helped) and I don't regret reading it at all.
Dec 17, 2015 8:22 AM

Dec 2011
Can't be the last. Chapter list says 83 and there was no page saying the end or full author notes saying thank you and can't wait to release next project, etc. There's definitely more coming.
Dec 23, 2015 9:36 AM

Sep 2015
Aaahh it has ended T^T It would be great to add a few chapters to show how their relationship develops as they mature into young adults. Even without that, I still love the ending >.<. Sure there are some skip-able chapters but all in all I enjoy everything this manga has to offer. It left me contented and satisfied.
Jan 17, 2016 5:33 PM

Jun 2010
Okay. That felt kinda rushed. But was it really the last chapter? It didn't feel like it was the last one though. Hmmm...
Jan 18, 2016 2:40 AM

Jul 2012
Actually a really good series despite being super simple and lacking depth. The writing is good and so is the pacing of the romance between the two mains.

I really enjoyed the character dynamics and interactions between the main pair. They are both quiet and introverted which made it really interesting. Usually a heroine like Suiren would get paired up with a sunshine boy (Ryosuke for example). But here, she got the quiet, yet strong boy. They are both very traditional and innocent which was great.

I thought this series had more potential but it did not meet it. The side characters were done half assedly. Seriously, this could have been just a tad better if the subplots felt more normal and less "oh no we're lacking in ideas for this week/month's chapter!". Especially, Koharu, Atohira and Aya. Like they had potential to be better but no. The Atohira love triangle was really awkwardly thrown in.

Well, either way, this series is a classic despite a few flaws. By classic I mean, it does what a shoujo manga should do and it does it well. I had a fun time so 8/10 final score.

A few superficial things: paneling was excellent, so we're colours and art. And the big pro is that the artist puts a lot of effort in making actions stronger than words, for the main pair.

Seiyuu choices if this got an Anime: (without looking at drama cd cast)

Kawasumi: Originally wanted Ono Kensho but then Nobunaga Shimazaki started playing in my head.
Atohira: Hosoya Yoshimasa, but if they wanted to go for a more delinquent personality, Suzuken works too.
Ryousuke: easily Okamoto Nobuhiko or someone high pitched like Kimura Ryouhei
Suiren: Ai Kayano, or Yurika Kubo because both gals pull of a precious, delicate voice
Aya: Mimori Suzuko because I can see Umi from Love Live in her character
Maguro: Kusada Aina because I can see Nozomi from Love Live in her character
Daisuke: Shimono Hiro or Matsuoka Yoshitsugu because they're perceived as not fully matured or dominant

After checking drama cd: Yup, I can hear Osaka Ryouta!! He would fit lmao. HanaKana is a great choice as well. Can't believe I forgot about her. Sawashiro was my second choice for Aya! Perfect... Shimono is a good choice for Ryousuke!
Apr 6, 2016 7:59 PM

Aug 2013
oh... the last? Guess it's time for me to quit hanging on to the 8 from when I dropped it from a 9... I want to give this a 6 out of spite but I'll give it a goodbye with a 7.
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Apr 7, 2016 7:29 AM

Apr 2012
Overall, it was a little bit disappointing.

The art was fantastic, no doubt. Everyone looked good, backgrounds were good, heck even the food looked good.

The story itself though was not as great. Already being a slow paced manga, near the end, it dragged even more, and then suddenly it kind of ended. The love triangle with Atohira started and ended abruptly. Koharu didn't really get a proper resolution. The side story with Aya felt like wasted potential. As was a lot of the side characters actually.

That being said, the romance was cute. It was an interesting aspect to see two quiet people date. The gestures over words was done well enough and got the message across. 6/10!

May 10, 2016 12:14 PM

Jan 2015
Ending was real sweet but wanted more QQ so many thing were left unanswered
Jun 5, 2016 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
this was horrible story telling.

side characters: why the heck did Aya, the best friend and childhood friend, get her main spotlight through two chapters about unrequited love at the End? She should have been the main side character, braking out of her comfort zone and experiencing things. Experiencing not always having to or being able to protect Suiren. Their childhood friendship wasn't even emphasized until the End!! Yuri got the side character spotlight, and that was just Dumb imo.

coherency. continuity. freaking Nonexistent. chapters ending abruptly at the weirdest times. messy panels. not messy as in ugly art, but fluency. it's nowhere to be found. and the MC doesn't start carrying conversations until like 50 chapters in. Their relationship, from the start, should have been a journey about her growth and change. She's shaking and nodding the entire time and suddenly 50 chapters in she speaks a paragraph? Where is the flow in this manga?

The worst of all: The love rivals. 1) Atohira is probably the WORST love rival I have ever witnessed in any demographic. There was no flow into him falling in love. He just kept popping up and Scolding his childhood friend about not holding hands and kissing, as if that is any of his business lol? And, then he is jealous? How? Why? I understand how Kawasumi fell for Suiren. She stared at only him. She was randomly talking to him only. Her somewhat effort came thru their contact. But, nope, not even the slightest explanation as to why Atohira fell for her. He admitted She only smiles about Kawasumi, She only talks more about Kawasumi. He couldn't possibly fall for her Just BC she was unattainable, right? Plus all that time later and he still kisses her on the cheek. Um..? That shit is not okay? Lol What if Koharu had kissed Suiren's boyfriend on the cheek just bc she was rejected? Gtfo.

Koharu. I'm upset that she didn't have a meltdown of some sort. An outburst of jealousy. Rage. SOMETHING directed at Suiren. What the heck was the point in showing us that Koharu fell for Atohira when Atohira fell for Suiren if we weren't going to see a major throwdown of emotions????? She sincerely loved two people who loved another girl, The same girl. That is heartbreak we should have seen unfold physically and emotionally. I honestly could complain all day. The cuteness overload does not save this story, At All. 4/10 for me.
sadcyborgJun 5, 2016 7:06 AM
Jun 13, 2016 1:23 PM
Dec 2015
Sad that that was the ending ): it was a very good ending but I would have loved it if we got to see the long distant relationship and then the marriage at the end ): but very heartwarming manga
Jun 22, 2016 2:33 PM

Aug 2015
Is that really the ending?? Why does mal has it listed as 83 chapters then? Also, the little space that always says 'to continue' at the bottom was left empty...

The chapter was long than most though. Still after halfway through the series it just went down. I didn't particularly dislike the characters, but still. It was obvious that Aya had a thing for Ryousuke, but that wrap up was super lame. If they weren't going to bother they should had just left it as a 'she didn't realize' type of deal.

The art was really pretty though.
Jul 31, 2016 3:29 AM

Mar 2015
i don't even realize it was ending until i rechecked my list O_O...

the fuck was that? it started out really nice slow progressing drama, and the the whole unnecessary side character drama starting to bug me a lot.. 6/10...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 26, 2016 8:20 PM
Jun 2010
I feel like all of the important character development happened during the last 10 chapters or something?

I'm... disappointed. Although I'm happy that Shibazeki did get a "change" somewhere during the story, I would've liked to see her have taken the initiative to talk more during earlier chapters. She realized that she needed to change too late. And frankly, Kawasumi needs to learn to prioritize his shit better. That drama of defeating Atohira in a match & neglecting Shibazeki could've been avoided easily.

The romance was cute though.

However, many of the side characters' stories were unresolved as well. What happened to Koharu, to Aya, to Atohira, etc? /:
Oct 4, 2016 11:09 AM
Jul 2012
Made a character chart for the manga
Dec 7, 2016 7:13 PM

Oct 2016
That was it?
It ended when they finally start to make progress? I thought she's gonna show more of them now that they start to voice out what they feel.

That scene at the auditorium is cool. Kawasumi finally did it and cooly as well and him running with Suiren after they got out of school. Everyone was cheering likr they got married or something.

The scene at the gate of the school with the girls made me cry. They got really close and they have to go separate ways because of college. It would be nice to see more scenes of them together during college meeting up whenever they can.

The issue with Aya. She should have addressed it sooner. I have a feeling Aya likes Ryosuke in the earlier chapter but since we're invested in Kawasumi and Suiren's relationship it was ignored. But it shouldn't be addressed like that in few chapters near the end. She should have a better closure for that feelings of her like Atohira (he was lucky he was able to accept and let go of that feelings after confessing).

The last few chapters was really rushed and it was a shame. It would have been better if the pacing was the same though it would be a really long series.

@pieetr was it mentioned that Atohira and Koharu started dating or you assumed it with what Atohira said to her? I feel like Koharu was just forcing her feelings to him. Don't know why she has to keep appearing after being rejected by Kawasumi twice.
Dec 7, 2016 7:22 PM
Jul 2012
@pieetr was it mentioned that Atohira and Koharu started dating or you assumed it with what Atohira said to her? I feel like Koharu was just forcing her feelings to him. Don't know why she has to keep appearing after being rejected by Kawasumi twice.[/color][/quote]

@xiashenghan
Dec 7, 2016 8:55 PM

Oct 2016
@pieetr
Oh thanks.

Dec 8, 2016 9:59 PM
Jul 2012
@xiashenghan
Jan 11, 2017 2:31 AM

Jul 2015
suiren was so cute <3
A lot of forced Drama ruined some of my enjoyement
still like it 7/10
tragedydesuJan 12, 2017 1:00 PM
Jan 27, 2017 6:38 PM
Jan 2017
Lol. Oh God. This is all fluffy all around. Takane is a shitload of cuteness though, but Koharu's personality is much better. One poster hit it squarely when he said the author really did a good job conveying the actions and body language due to the lack of dialogue. Shiba is a goddamn truck of cuteness, those shirt tugging panels, her chibi expressions is just too sweet.

Lastly, Aya.. god damn I can't help but feel for her. She's my favorite character, and she has the only chick who had such a cruel closure. Wtf, losing Baka Ryo to one fodder extra character nobody cares about. It's like Kurosawa losing his soulmate to Afro guy in Love so life. Argh.

Overall it was satisfying, everybody had their closudes, wrapped in the end, even Koharu. It's just Aya T_T

9.5/10. That proposal to Shibazeki in the end was Hardo-boildo.

*Senior Pink approves
Feb 23, 2017 3:28 AM

Jul 2015
Tensho said:

last twenty or so chapters were pretty meh overall. Atohira loving Suiren was just thrown in there, Koharu as a character... I didn't get the purpose of her besides making pointless complications and the author did a whole load of nothing with her anyway.

And what a closure to Aya's little side story there, why even bother? I liked Aya as a character but that was just so disappointing.

This post sums up my entire thoughts on this manga. Despite there being about 83 chapters or so, it feels like there was so many things lacking in the overall story, let alone Kawasumi and Suiren's relationship.. Like there's no closure between Aya and Ryosuke, Atohira's arc was kinda weird and had no closure either, Yuri and Daisuke's relationship is so irrelevant, and don't even get me started with Kawasumi and Suiren...

Like why was there so many time skips? Kawasumi and Suiren's relationship was already progressing slowly enough as it is, so how will time skips help? Like how did they even manage to get through 2-3 years of dating each other? We need to actually see the progression in their relationship and not just have it shoved down our throats because of the time skips.. Also, how did they even overcome any of the issues they faced together as a couple.. UGH. 83 chapters and I still feel like I haven't even seen enough of this manga to even be satisfied. Don't get me wrong. I really do want to like this manga, but it's just hard because of all these flaws..

Overall, I give this a 7/10 (and that's being generous). The story written on paper isn't so bad, but the execution of it was just, idek..

Kuma said:

the fuck was that? it started out really nice slow progressing drama, and the the whole unnecessary side character drama starting to bug me a lot.. 6/10...

RIGHT? The beginning was nice and sweet, but then things just started happening way too fast to even process it..
GemFeb 23, 2017 3:35 AM

caught in the wonder
Feb 23, 2017 4:07 AM

Mar 2015
Gem said:
Kuma said:

RIGHT? The beginning was nice and sweet, but then things just started happening way too fast to even process it..

personaly, how fast the ending was not a problem, but how little attached me to character that supposed to taken seriously since they are pretty much there look like only to developing main couple, but then suddenly had to taken seriously... the drama simply didn't provoke my feelings......
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 23, 2017 4:41 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Gem said:
Tensho said:

This post sums up my entire thoughts on this manga. Despite there being about 83 chapters or so, it feels like there was so many things lacking in the overall story, let alone Kawasumi and Suiren's relationship.. Like there's no closure between Aya and Ryosuke, Atohira's arc was kinda weird and had no closure either, Yuri and Daisuke's relationship is so irrelevant, and don't even get me started with Kawasumi and Suiren...

Like why was there so many time skips? Kawasumi and Suiren's relationship was already progressing slowly enough as it is, so how will time skips help? Like how did they even manage to get through 2-3 years of dating each other? We need to actually see the progression in their relationship and not just have it shoved down our throats because of the time skips.. Also, how did they even overcome any of the issues they faced together as a couple.. UGH. 83 chapters and I still feel like I haven't even seen enough of this manga to even be satisfied. Don't get me wrong. I really do want to like this manga, but it's just hard because of all these flaws..

Overall, I give this a 7/10 (and that's being generous). The story written on paper isn't so bad, but the execution of it was just, idek..

The extra chapters have been trickling in one by one long after I wrote that but actually haven't changed my opinion on the series really. I think Yuri had a little chapter of her own which I don't remember much of tbh lol but I do remember wanting to see a bit more of her romance and Koharu also got some closure with Atohira? in university which I liked most out of the bonus chapters. I recall Aya's little arc in the manga and it still kills me to remember how badly things went for her lol
May 11, 2017 8:27 AM
Dec 2011
loved the ending but i kinda was hoping aya-chan would get a boyfriend too. Idk why but i even wished she'd end up with atohira-kun (。•᎔•。)
May 11, 2017 10:07 AM

Sep 2012
crimson_fukr said:
Lol. Oh God. This is all fluffy all around. Takane is a shitload of cuteness though, but Koharu's personality is much better. One poster hit it squarely when he said the author really did a good job conveying the actions and body language due to the lack of dialogue. Shiba is a goddamn truck of cuteness, those shirt tugging panels, her chibi expressions is just too sweet.

Lastly, Aya.. god damn I can't help but feel for her. She's my favorite character, and she has the only chick who had such a cruel closure. Wtf, losing Baka Ryo to one fodder extra character nobody cares about. It's like Kurosawa losing his soulmate to Afro guy in Love so life. Argh.

Overall it was satisfying, everybody had their closudes, wrapped in the end, even Koharu. It's just Aya T_T

*Senior Pink approves

It wasn't Love so life but Onani Master Kurosawa
May 24, 2017 12:27 AM
Jan 2017
Inferno_Cop said:
crimson_fukr said:

*Senior Pink approves

It wasn't Love so life but Onani Master Kurosawa

Welp, my bad, my bad. Onani pissed me the fuck off. Took a while before it left my system too.
Feb 16, 2018 5:03 AM
Feb 2018
I wasn't sure if it was really the last page of the last chapter, so I stared at it for some time to make sure no one had ripped out the last page. wwww

The story was really nice and unique, as it was refreshing, until about Atohira's interest in Suiren (which sort of felt like it was forced and thrown randomly into the story to create the rival atmosphere). That didn't bother me at all unlike Koharu suddenly reappearing and meeting Atohira at the gōkon. It just got really predictable after that, that she would fall for Atohira. It made me cringe every time they were in the same panel because my gut feeling was already punching and yelling at me! XD This disturbed me so much, I actually wasn't able to concentrate or coo over how sweet and sincere Kawasumi and Suiren were towards each other after that incident until the manga had ended. (╥_╥) My RyoAya pairing was cut short (I don't have any ill-feelings towards Mina), so I had hoped Aya would then rather fancy Atohira---or better yet, the other way around. With all of this in place, you would understand how the extra chapters---which cannot be discussed here, I believe---ended up severely hurting my feelings. *I don't think I will ever recover from this, to be honest.* (TДT)

Anyway, the story felt rushed midway as their second year school life abruptly turned to their third year, followed by the graduation whereas their first year alone was probably longer than the two years combined. It made me wonder if Morishita-sensei was only given a limited amount of chapters left to work on and had to fit as much as she can into them. The artwork was a delight until the end though.

I'm not planning to reread this manga again. If I happen to, I'd only read the first few chapters, but I seriously doubt I would pick this up again. Ever. I'm going over to read seinen manga for a while because this really crushed me. Yes, people, I am THAT affected. (╥╯﹏╰╥)ง Koharu fans, please don't attack me. You've already won. =w=)v Please, just let me grieve. And I apologize for the lengthy post. I just had to let it all out.

BUT. I will always support and protect Kawasumi and Suiren's relationship.
Sep 21, 2019 9:20 PM

Jul 2019
Well, there's nothing diff that made the last chapter stand out and memorable. Yeah he somehow proposed, the ending just doesn't feel satisfying. We got like 3 hugs, and 2 kisses (1 on the cheek) for the entire story. I wish we saw their relationship progressed more, or the 'extra' chapters showed them in univ -> Work -> Family, or high school reunion
Apr 29, 2020 4:59 AM

Apr 2016
I don't know why but Koharu is the character I did like the most at the end. It's a good series to pass the time.
Aug 21, 2020 12:33 AM

Jun 2015
The last few chapters felt like they dragged on with some unnecessary drama. Other than that it was a lot of fun to read.
:)
Mar 12, 2022 4:23 PM

Apr 2020
This is the definition of a slow burn manga, the slowest one I’ve read honestly. It was cute & the art was really nice. I’m loving her new manga Yubisaki to Renren a lot.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Dec 5, 2023 2:14 AM

May 2020
Honestly this was meh. The romance was whatever and the characters just weren't very interesting.

Justice for Aya. At least give her somebody to like or be liked by goddamn.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibi Chouchou Chapter 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 2, 2015

6 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 7, 2023 12:15 AM

Poll: » Hibi Chouchou Chapter 2 Discussion

MermaidGalaxies - Mar 19, 2012

10 by YasashiiTimes »»
Dec 18, 2022 11:46 AM

Poll: » Hibi Chouchou Chapter 63 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2015

2 by ialex32 »»
Oct 12, 2022 11:07 PM

Poll: » Hibi Chouchou Chapter 55 Discussion

Jicetus - Jan 7, 2015

11 by ialex32 »»
Oct 12, 2022 10:07 PM

Poll: » Hibi Chouchou Chapter 43 Discussion

julyan - Aug 14, 2014

8 by ialex32 »»
Oct 12, 2022 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.