Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I think this episode was better than the first one. First, we got action in the first half with sci-fi warfare. They really got the point across that Objects are among the strongest technology on the battlefield.

I guess it's safe to say that the show took on a more serious turn.
Frolaytia also shows more of her tough side....

A lot of action apparently in the snowy field. I think the VA did a decent job portraying their characters' roles. ED theme song is kinda cute :>
Stark700Oct 11, 2015 6:23 AM
Oct 9, 2015 10:21 AM

Sep 2010
Wow, the base got completely destroyed. :o
It was good to see Havia save Qwenthur!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 9, 2015 12:36 PM

Apr 2010
There are so many flaws in this anime.
Starting with last week they where on a military airport in Alaska but they didn't even have professional tools for clearing snow of the runway.
Isn't airlifting one of the most efficient ways to getting supplied when your in a remote area in Alaska, despite that the commander said the guys from the aviation department weren't that importuned.

Then that is this episode the characters are pretty lightly dressed considering they are in Alaska the main character walking around without anything on his head while it was snowing.
Having nothing on your head while it's snowing is a terrible feeling the snow sticks too your hair and the feeling of that becomes painful within minutes.
You also lose most of your body heat trough your head so if you want to stay warm in a cold environment you need something to keep your head warm.
Basically the characters should have frozen to death with what they are wearing.

I won't start on the Objects since thats what this anime seems to be about but there flawed.

Despite all this i have to say that this episode was better as the previous one.
Oct 9, 2015 12:47 PM
Oct 2015
Depending on the weather aerial resupply can be a no no, plus we have no idea of the condition of the air space that they are under, it could be under enemy hands in one stretch and friendly in the other. As for their clothing, this is not the first anime that has seen characters in irregular gear for winter warfare and to concentrate on it is kind of nitpicking against the series. Also the Object flawed? They are giant tanks that are closer to real world tech than most other mechs and they try to be different than the regular walker mechs we see in the trillion or so mech anime out there.

All in all the second episode was an improvement, the action was intense as hell.
Oct 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty liked the episode.
And I like the ED.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 9, 2015 2:42 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nice action, much more entertaining than the first episode. The MC has balls.
Oct 9, 2015 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
First episode was crap... I could give it just 4/10. However, it's good to see an improvement.... 7/10...
Oct 9, 2015 2:45 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well definitely better than the first episode at least
Oct 9, 2015 2:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Unpopular opinion so far it seems, but I actually liked the first episode better. There was just a lot of action in this episode, which is not bad of course. From that, we get a good understanding of how terrifying the Objects can be, and how real war feels like, in which most of them haven't experienced due to their culture of war. Unfortunately this enemy is different, ignoring the white flag, and the soldiers seem to be annoying people (their conversation about what to do with the Milinda).

It was nice to see how our main characters are like as well, although I can't say the emotions in this episode got through well. Especially the part where Milinda talks about how she's been looking down on everyone else who has to rely on her. The idea was interesting, but at the same time, it didn't make me feel anything in particular. So in that sense, the first episode was more interesting to me.
Oct 9, 2015 3:08 PM
Oct 2014
I think I've gathered the general rule of thumb in this world. Stay the fuck away from an Object battle at all costs.
Oct 9, 2015 3:11 PM

Sep 2010
I enjoyed this episode much more than the first one and while I was thinking that I will drop the series after this ep, I am not doing it anymore, at least for now.

The only thing that seem strange to me that what happens in this episode was too sudden. After extremely slow start, suddenly a big spider mech appears and boom the base blows up and the main characters are in vanguard on suicidal mission. Not to mention that the "big white ball" on good side team also get destroyed so suddenly and with little resistance at that. (it did get destroyed right? I am not sure as we didn't see it blow up)

But apart from the sudden switch I can't complain about this ep especially when I had so little expectation for it. I also started to like the main characters as well. The blond guy got a lot of development, we understand the heroine now better as well, and the other dude isn't that shallow either.

Naturally the anime has many flaws and especially in this season lands far on my list but I am not looking forward to the next ep to find out whatever my guess as to what they want to do is correct.
Oct 9, 2015 3:22 PM

Feb 2014
Damn all those headshots. That guy is MLG as fuck.
Oct 9, 2015 3:24 PM

Aug 2008
One girl in a skin-tight suit is not enough to make this show worth watching... Maybe that's why they added an "18 year old" with huge tits as well. And it's still not enough. Just too stupid, too bland and too boring.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 9, 2015 3:34 PM

Jun 2015
Damn, those explosions were something!
Read Toriko!
Oct 9, 2015 3:38 PM

Feb 2013
llcruz said:

Well Qwenthur's Rifle was loaded with smart bullets, so even a noob could probably shoot headshots if you aim in the general direction.
Oct 9, 2015 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, the head-shots were nice.

This episode a little better than the first episode.
Oct 9, 2015 3:42 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
So, why exactly that Water Strider left Qwenthur and Havia intact? Did it take pity in them and turned away? If so, they might've just made the gravest mistake that'd cost them dearly, as the lead trio are certain to exploit some sort of weakness in the OP Heavy Object, no matter what it takes.

Just hope that the course of action doesn't come off too contrived or expeditious. But that probably won't be the case, since Qwenthur is bound to discover the grim truth behind the Objects; which is most likely to occur in process of finding out the flaws in them.

Oct 9, 2015 3:55 PM

Jan 2015
Is that the ̶1̶5 ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ anime version of Shadow of the Colossus ?
Oct 9, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2012
Well things certainly went to hell rather quickly, but at least Milinda was saved. I'm quite liking our main trio so far. Looking forward to seeing how they intend to take down an object.
Oct 9, 2015 4:04 PM

Aug 2010
Not bad Qwenthur. Dem head shots were nice.
Oct 9, 2015 4:32 PM

Mar 2014
"What? We have a somewhat reasonable chance of escape? Masaka! Time to active my justice powers and go save the loli!"
Oct 9, 2015 4:43 PM

Oct 2014
Pretty nice ep, went by rather fast
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2015 4:50 PM

Dec 2013
An improvement from the first episode but still mixed feelings.

Didn't expect their Heavy Object to be destroyed so quickly.
Oct 9, 2015 4:51 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This was such an improvement on the first episode! Those headshots man!

4/5
Oct 9, 2015 5:14 PM

Nov 2013
This was a good episode. People should be complaining less now.
Oct 9, 2015 5:15 PM
May 2015
Is thus the same person who wrote index novels than damn is this shit bland the first half seem stupidly rush and some of the things come out of no were the object they are facing is the strongest never was stated last episode or I missed it. This anime would be good if the object wasn't in it ,the war aspect of this episode was really good.
Oct 9, 2015 5:39 PM

Jan 2011
with the foreshadowing last week i was thinking this was gonna happen later... not like directly after the first episode lol not only that they lost their base too,glad he shot i was like these guys are giving all the reasons to shoot just do it Qwenthur!
Oct 9, 2015 5:40 PM
May 2015
Last episode was kinda boring
This episode, however, is a lot better..

And again...Forced fanservice. Y u do dis J.C Staff?

Oct 9, 2015 5:43 PM
Mar 2014
Much better than the first. Almost dozed off during the first ep. I'm a LN reader and that made it worse cause I already kinda knew everything.

Some comments and thoughts as a LN reader after reading through all the above comments.
-Briefly mentioned that the Baby Magnum was a first gen multirole object. Jack of all trades, master of none. F.O. Water Strider is a second gen specializing in tundra warfare. WS victory was mostly due to its mobility.
-Quensar getting headshots. He is a battlefield student and can't hit anything unassisted. He was using those pricey bulllets Hevia was shooting the deer (moose) with in the first ep.
-aerial resupply and the snow covered airstrip. Alaska is disputed territory between LK and FO. To the south is the homelands of C.C. and I.A. L.K homelands are in Europe I think. How they actually resupply I have no idea. Flying around will get you nailed by a laser. maybe. Or maybe they just didn't need any supplies so airfield left covered just cause. I can't come up with a good explanation of this.
-FO pilot leaving before finishing off LK soldiers. That object due to design is hard to maintain operational. There is no precedent of an object being defeated by anything other than another object. So he decided to return to base for maintenance then return to the chase. The object is much faster than the LK troops after all. It would be embarrassing if it broke down while it was chasing foot soldiers.
-FO object chasing main characters into mine shaft and not firing: This is what happens when you tell an object elite to catch/chase (not kill) people traveling on foot. Go send a infantry unit. Command fail.
-fanservice. There is random fanservice in the novel. And dirty jokes. alot. in the most random places/situations -.-
Oct 9, 2015 5:54 PM

Jul 2010
I hope this means the enemy digged their own graves in the future, where the Water Strider gets defeated by a mile.

Quite the action orientated episode, which was nice, though the Object vs Object battle ended rather quickly.
Oct 9, 2015 6:02 PM

Mar 2014
better but i kept nodding off honestly still really average.
Oct 9, 2015 6:20 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Okay that was way better than the first episode holy shit lol

The intensity and brutality was so real, all that carnage, destruction and death.....The Object battle even was great this episode

Lots of emotions in this one too and I gotta give props to the blonde MC, because the things he did and said in this episode is nothing short of respectable.... Nice headshots too

Great episode overall and I can't wait to see how they deal with the eny object and find out who's in it.... If we get more episodes like this I have no doubt in my mind that people will change their views on it
Oct 9, 2015 6:26 PM

Jun 2014
this episode was better than the first one. i didnt like the random boobgrab , i mean, you have a fucking cannon pointing at you and you are spacing out? wtf.
anyway , are they going to steal the object?
Oct 9, 2015 6:32 PM

Apr 2015
Episode was better than the last. It turned to a rather intense direction and gave more sense of the princess's character. I can't say this show has really caught my interest yet, though.
Oct 9, 2015 6:40 PM

Mar 2015
Vindstot said:
So, why exactly that Water Strider left Qwenthur and Havia intact? Did it take pity in them and turned away? If so, they might've just made the gravest mistake that'd cost them dearly, as the lead trio are certain to exploit some sort of weakness in the OP Heavy Object, no matter what it takes.

Just hope that the course of action doesn't come off too contrived or expeditious. But that probably won't be the case, since Qwenthur is bound to discover the grim truth behind the Objects; which is most likely to occur in process of finding out the flaws in them.

Priority shift, the Water Strider had already destroyed the opposing Object and it's maintenance facility and command center, moping up enemy combatants/support personnel probably isn't as important as securing an enemy pilot to extract intel from, maybe useful as a hostage too. As the C.O. said, Milinda was acting as a decoy so the rest of them could escape.
Oct 9, 2015 6:56 PM

Jan 2015
Aversa said:
Starting with last week they where on a military airport in Alaska but they didn't even have professional tools for clearing snow of the runway.
Isn't airlifting one of the most efficient ways to getting supplied when your in a remote area in Alaska, despite that the commander said the guys from the aviation department weren't that importuned.

Then that is this episode the characters are pretty lightly dressed considering they are in Alaska the main character walking around without anything on his head while it was snowing.
Having nothing on your head while it's snowing is a terrible feeling the snow sticks too your hair and the feeling of that becomes painful within minutes.
You also lose most of your body heat trough your head so if you want to stay warm in a cold environment you need something to keep your head warm.
Basically the characters should have frozen to death with what they are wearing.

I won't start on the Objects since thats what this anime seems to be about but there flawed.

Despite all this i have to say that this episode was better as the previous one.

Imagination is not really your sort of thing is it?
Oct 9, 2015 7:29 PM

Aug 2015
They are going to take down the enemy Object by themselves?!

BIG BOSS APPROVES THIS ANIME.

Oct 9, 2015 7:51 PM

Jul 2015
Those objects are nothing to mess with, plus I like there design too
Oct 9, 2015 7:51 PM

Jan 2015
Good episode, better than the first.

Oct 9, 2015 8:22 PM
May 2013
Reizo_Da_Firenze said:
They are going to take down the enemy Object by themselves?!

BIG BOSS APPROVES THIS ANIME.

A WEAPON TO SURPASS OBJECTS.
Oct 9, 2015 8:32 PM

Nov 2013
them shots tho!
Oct 9, 2015 8:45 PM

Jun 2015
Aldnoah zero look like a masterpiece compare to that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2015 8:55 PM

Sep 2015
Two episodes that start with narration... Seems like Qwenthur is reciting his autobiography or something, and the whole anime is some kind of flash back (or story telling).
Oct 9, 2015 9:14 PM

Mar 2013
llcruz said:

He was aimbotting tho

phoe_enix said:
Two episodes that start with narration... Seems like Qwenthur is reciting his autobiography or something, and the whole anime is some kind of flash back (or story telling).

It's a novel adaptation what do you expect

Blame the director I guess.

Vindstot said:
So, why exactly that Water Strider left Qwenthur and Havia intact? Did it take pity in them and turned away?

The ammo is probably worth more than the lives of those two idiots.
Oct 9, 2015 9:15 PM

Jun 2014
Somewhat decent episode I guess, a lot of action but I didn't like the random fanservice moment. Seriously man, you're fighting for your life but you're busy getting excited over underage boobies. Well, lets see what happens next.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 9, 2015 9:28 PM

Dec 2014
It was an a-ok episode, despite the awful fanservice. Anyway, the series as a whole seems to be getting better.
BlancchetOct 9, 2015 9:48 PM
Oct 9, 2015 9:40 PM

Nov 2014
its was okay i guess , well lets wait for the 3rd episode and see where it goes.
Stop the meaningless talk
Oct 9, 2015 9:59 PM
Sep 2015
As it stands so far, I'd compare Heavy Object to a lightly buttered piece of white bread. Sure it looks nice and you'd eat it if it was the only thing on the table, but eating it gives you no satisfaction because it's so plain and too dry because there just isn't enough butter on it. You wouldn't say you didn't like the bread, because it was still food and it did its job, but you wouldn't choose it over that bowl of pasta over there with a perfect amount of cheese sprinkled over it. Compared to the pasta, the bread seems so plain and generic with nothing that particularly sets it apart. I hope that made sense.
Oct 10, 2015 12:12 AM

Jun 2013
Aversa said:

i think aviation department that frolaytia mention is to fight, not to getting supplies. dunno how they get the supplies.
why dont they wear proper equipment? their base just got blown away and the enemy's object can come at anytime, i dont think anyone can be calm enough to wear proper equipment at that situation the pressure is real. he is just a student and not to mention the others want to retreat and leave him alone.

citizen169 said:
Much better than the first. Almost dozed off during the first ep. I'm a LN reader and that made it worse cause I already kinda knew everything.

Some comments and thoughts as a LN reader after reading through all the above comments.
-Briefly mentioned that the Baby Magnum was a first gen multirole object. Jack of all trades, master of none. F.O. Water Strider is a second gen specializing in tundra warfare. WS victory was mostly due to its mobility.
-Quensar getting headshots. He is a battlefield student and can't hit anything unassisted. He was using those pricey bulllets Hevia was shooting the deer (moose) with in the first ep.
-aerial resupply and the snow covered airstrip. Alaska is disputed territory between LK and FO. To the south is the homelands of C.C. and I.A. L.K homelands are in Europe I think. How they actually resupply I have no idea. Flying around will get you nailed by a laser. maybe. Or maybe they just didn't need any supplies so airfield left covered just cause. I can't come up with a good explanation of this.
-FO pilot leaving before finishing off LK soldiers. That object due to design is hard to maintain operational. There is no precedent of an object being defeated by anything other than another object. So he decided to return to base for maintenance then return to the chase. The object is much faster than the LK troops after all. It would be embarrassing if it broke down while it was chasing foot soldiers.
-FO object chasing main characters into mine shaft and not firing: This is what happens when you tell an object elite to catch/chase (not kill) people traveling on foot. Go send a infantry unit. Command fail.
-fanservice. There is random fanservice in the novel. And dirty jokes. alot. in the most random places/situations -.-
bad english incoming
sorry for that
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.