Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2009 5:24 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I enjoyed the beating she was getting, i really like the chairman firedragon :P
As long as he is against them, i like him!!! :P

Looks like she will have a counterattack though.
Dec 14, 2009 5:24 PM

Feb 2009
Another short chapter. But gotta love how much of an evil ass that Fire Dragon is...
Dec 14, 2009 6:35 PM

Jul 2008
I was actually suffering from a bit of Veritas withdrawal before reading this. Thankfully, this chapter didn't disappoint. What a neat revelation to add excitement and intrigue to the fight.

They're certainly setting up Fire Dragon as the major villain now, aren't they?
Dec 16, 2009 8:42 AM

Mar 2008
The dummy seems to have the brain of the guy (forgot his name) that just died (hence he can use a lot of high level techniques)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2009 8:49 AM

Aug 2009
I still find this manhwa being somehow averaged. it's a very boring seeing the protagonist that weak compare to the rest. And Vera is just too powerful. I don't mind seeing that the dummi is somehow connected to Gruesong (I bet they uses his body).
Dec 16, 2009 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
My minor is . . . KAMEHAMEHA!
Dec 17, 2009 3:31 AM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:
The dummy seems to have the brain of the guy (forgot his name) that just died (hence he can use a lot of high level techniques)

Thank you, Captain Obvious. This was only explicitly stated in chapter 62 by three different characters, in addition to being plastered all over the front cover.

Kleeyook said:
I still find this manhwa being somehow averaged. it's a very boring seeing the protagonist that weak compare to the rest. And Vera is just too powerful. I don't mind seeing that the dummi is somehow connected to Gruesong (I bet they uses his body).

Virtually every action shounen starts out with a weak protagonist who becomes stronger over the course of the work. The leveling up is a basic element of any such story.

Also, Vera is far from overpowered; Lightning Tiger was definitely stronger than her, Fire Dragon is at least as powerful as her, Anichella fought her to a draw, Gu Honse used to be the same level as her, her older sister Yuri was/is more powerful, and the other members of Heaven's Riches are at least comparable.
Dec 17, 2009 6:10 AM

Mar 2008
YoungVagabond said:
kaminakun said:

Thank you, Captain Obvious. This was only explicitly stated in chapter 62 by three different characters, in addition to being plastered all over the front cover.

I was reading a non-English translation. I only knew about the English release afterward so I was just stating what I thought would be the key of the chapter for those who haven't read the English release yet. If this is how your attitude is in this forum, I can see why there are so few people posting.

YoungVagabond said:
Kleeyook said:

Also, Vera is far from overpowered; Lightning Tiger was definitely stronger than her, Fire Dragon is at least as powerful as her, Anichella fought her to a draw, Gu Honse used to be the same level as her, her older sister Yuri was/is more powerful, and the other members of Heaven's Riches are at least comparable.

The people here power up way to quickly. It is true that Vera was weak compare to other Heaven Riches' members in the past (when Lightning Tiger was still around), but at this point in the story she does give reader the impression that she is superior to Fire Dragon (at least to me). With the rate the people level up, it is hard to say if the top guns among the school have already reached a level close to what Vera was when she was fighting Lightning Tiger.

You also have to keep in mind that there was a seal placed on Vera when she was fighting Lightning Tiger (but was later removed by him). So perhaps she IS in fact much more powerful now?
KaminaKaiDec 17, 2009 6:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2009 8:16 AM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:

I was reading a non-English translation. I only knew about the English release afterward so I was just stating what I thought would be the key of the chapter for those who haven't read the English release yet. If this is how your attitude is in this forum, I can see why there are so few people posting.

You're telling me your non-English translation didn't include the chapter's cover page? Seriously?

And nothing else you write above makes any sense, either. This topic is for people who HAVE read chapter 62 already...so why would they need to be told the "key" to anything?

kaminakun said:

The people here power up way to quickly. It is true that Vera was weak compare to other Heaven Riches' members in the past (when Lightning Tiger was still around), but at this point in the story she does give reader the impression that she is superior to Fire Dragon (at least to me). With the rate the people level up, it is hard to say if the top guns among the school have already reached a level close to what Vera was when she was fighting Lightning Tiger.

You also have to keep in mind that there was a seal placed on Vera when she was fighting Lightning Tiger (put was later removed by him). So perhaps she IS in fact much more powerful now?

Everything you wrote above about Vera's power level is, by chapter 62, still very much conjecture. As the readers, we aren't told, and don't know. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Notice how many contractions you use above.

So if we're not sure what Vera's true power is, how can you definitely say that she's "overpowered"? That makes no sense.
Dec 17, 2009 6:49 PM

Mar 2008
Is it so weird that the chapter's cover page is not included in the translation? Not all translation groups include that (at least for the non-English ones). Please try to think outside the box a little.

Note that what I wrote about Vera's power was my opinion (hence I put in bracket "at least to me"). You are entitled to your opinion but I don't see how I am contradicting myself. What I pointed out about Vera's seal (on her stomach) was a fact. Lighting Tiger canceling the seal was also a fact. Hence my last statement was "So perhaps she IS in fact much more powerful now?" and even that was somewhat a question.

Let me ask you this, where did you read me post Vera is "overpowered"? I am leaning toward the side that she's ridiculously strong, but have I even mention the word "overpowered"?? Or perhaps you are just making things up.
Dec 18, 2009 6:18 PM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:

Let me ask you this, where did you read me post Vera is "overpowered"? I am leaning toward the side that she's ridiculously strong, but have I even mention the word "overpowered"?? Or perhaps you are just making things up.

I was responding to Kleeyook, who stated "Vera is just too powerful". Since you quoted that part of my response, I assumed you were helping him to defend that point.
Dec 19, 2009 7:59 PM

Mar 2009
Aw, I was enjoying the beating too, why the hell that Council member girl had to be involved in the dummy devolepment stuff...>=d

Sorta felt bad and pissed about they using Guesong's corpse to create a high level dummy, although it was an interesting and morbid addition to the manhwa.

So let's see what the bish has up to her sleeve.

More topics from this board

» Veritas author remade the entire series into a Webtoon, Veritas Part II will actually happen

Apollinho - Jun 3, 2022

2 by Tumerking »»
Jan 16, 12:16 PM

» Collecting volumes? Languages?

MrCruesliPants - Nov 27, 2021

2 by MrCruesliPants »»
Nov 27, 2021 6:41 AM

Poll: » Veritas Chapter 53 Discussion

YoungVagabond - Sep 30, 2009

7 by ToG25thBaam »»
Aug 29, 2019 2:55 AM

Poll: » Veritas Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Khalid - Sep 20, 2010

54 by removed-user »»
Dec 14, 2018 6:30 AM

Poll: » Veritas Chapter 46 Discussion

R-Zero - Aug 6, 2009

13 by foscor70 »»
Sep 9, 2018 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.