Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2009 4:09 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Vera is willing to give away her family's fortune, Gangryong recklessly risks death, as expected, and the traditional martial artists prepare a challenge. I love this multiple story arcs approach.
Aug 17, 2019 1:54 PM

Jun 2011
I really tried liking this series, but I just can't.. so much text and I was mostly bored out of my mind.

Everything that's wrong with the series starts with the main character, Gangryong, who has absolutely nothing going for him.. boring motivation to get stronger, no motif or goals other than to fight more for whatever reason. He's gotten ridiculous plot armor like it's not even a joke, dude fought with broken bones and won against opponent that should be far above his level.. should've also died in the first few days of school. This guy is reckless but never had to pay for it.. I mean, yeah he's in cast for majority of the time, but when time calls for it, he would fight a level 8 and win even with cast on, that's just ridiculous.

Then there's the fanservice, like god, it's just annoyingly intrusive. I can't take any of the female characters seriously for that reason. Your clothes get torn when you fight, apparently.

Then there's the story and the setting.. they're just so.. meh. It would've been better if we actually got more time with the lightning tiger before his eventual demise instead of spamming all that flashback explaining every single step of EOTL when the situation calls for a Gangryong plot armor.

The action so far have also been very meh.

Gonna just drop the manga here..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 23, 2019 11:13 PM

Jul 2008
ToG25thBaam said:
I really tried liking this series, but I just can't.. so much text and I was mostly bored out of my mind.

Everything that's wrong with the series starts with the main character, Gangryong, who has absolutely nothing going for him.. boring motivation to get stronger, no motif or goals other than to fight more for whatever reason. He's gotten ridiculous plot armor like it's not even a joke, dude fought with broken bones and won against opponent that should be far above his level.. should've also died in the first few days of school. This guy is reckless but never had to pay for it.. I mean, yeah he's in cast for majority of the time, but when time calls for it, he would fight a level 8 and win even with cast on, that's just ridiculous.

Then there's the fanservice, like god, it's just annoyingly intrusive. I can't take any of the female characters seriously for that reason. Your clothes get torn when you fight, apparently.

Then there's the story and the setting.. they're just so.. meh. It would've been better if we actually got more time with the lightning tiger before his eventual demise instead of spamming all that flashback explaining every single step of EOTL when the situation calls for a Gangryong plot armor.

The action so far have also been very meh.

Gonna just drop the manga here..

No one cares if you drop the series, but spare us this pseudo-intellectual wankery cobbled together from TVTropes and shitty Youtube anime analysis videos.

Your criticism of the story's lack of logic and "fanservice" would make more sense if you weren't also a fan of both seasons of Code Geass, and your criticism of the main character would make more sense if you weren't also a fan of Dragon Ball and Naruto.

You didn't like the series. Had you left if at that, I wouldn't even bother replying.

But the criticism is laughable; half that it's a shounen battle series, and half for qualities that were vastly more egregious in series you loved.
Aug 23, 2019 11:43 PM

Jun 2011
YoungVagabond said:
No one cares if you drop the series, but spare us this pseudo-intellectual wankery cobbled together from TVTropes and shitty Youtube anime analysis videos.

Your criticism of the story's lack of logic and "fanservice" would make more sense if you weren't also a fan of both seasons of Code Geass, and your criticism of the main character would make more sense if you weren't also a fan of Dragon Ball and Naruto.

You didn't like the series. Had you left if at that, I wouldn't even bother replying.

But the criticism is laughable; half that it's a shounen battle series, and half for qualities that were vastly more egregious in series you loved.
If you don't care you should not have responded.

This is not a criticism for the series, it's my personal thoughts on the series on the chapter I dropped it, as a note for my future self in case I forgot what the series was about, or if I ever wanted to pick it up again, I have a note of reference. The whole post was basically "I don't like that Gangryong has no motives for him wanting to get strong" or "I don't like the fanservice". It's in plain sight.

Or is the internet so sensitive these days that you can't even leave your own personal opinion on the series without getting people triggered?

And just to respond to some of your points,

You're better off using any other anime as point of reference for fanservice. As far as I am concerned there was no fanservicey scenes during serious moments in Code Geass, granted, it was over 5 years ago that I've seen it.

And in Dragon Ball case, there were much more enjoyable things about the series such as the adventure, the comedy, and all that. Watching the protagonist grow is also part of the adventure and it's fun. Unlike Veritas getting stuck in this damn school and the protagonist getting plot armor as an excuse to get stronger, "learn from live battle", he said.

As for Naruto, the guy has far better purpose in life than just to get stronger. Your examples have missed the point very badly.

And this was the entire point of my comment. Sad you and many other people today think that if there's even any slight comments towards any part of any series, it's gotta be malicious.

Do you need me to enlarge my words? I said, this is NOT a criticism for the series, it's a note to myself. Whether you like it or not doesn't matter to me, but your stuck up attitude is pissing me off.
Aug 28, 2019 7:44 AM

Jul 2008
ToG25thBaam said:
YoungVagabond said:

If you don't care you should not have responded.

I don't care about your malformed opinion, no.

I do, however, enjoy calling out hypocritical stupidity and mocking pretentious idiots. Hence my reply.

You're better off using any other anime as point of reference for fanservice. As far as I am concerned there was no fanservicey scenes during serious moments in Code Geass, granted, it was over 5 years ago that I've seen it.

Haha, are you insane, or genuinely this dumb? Code Geass was packed to the brim with fan service. Entire segments were pure fanservice of their big-boobed females looking appealing for sad losers like yourself.

There are even compilations of Code Geass fanservice online;

https://www.google.com/search?ei=KZFmXZm-DYvI-gSfqaPQDA&q=Code+Geass+fan+service&oq=Code+Geass+fan+service

Keep in mind that I'm not calling fanservice itself bad. Rather, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of this dope complaining about fanservice in Veritas while being fine with far more fanservice in one of his favorite series, Code Geass.

And in Dragon Ball case, there were much more enjoyable things about the series such as the adventure, the comedy, and all that. Watching the protagonist grow is also part of the adventure and it's fun. Unlike Veritas getting stuck in this damn school and the protagonist getting plot armor as an excuse to get stronger, "learn from live battle", he said.

As for Naruto, the guy has far better purpose in life than just to get stronger. Your examples have missed the point very badly.

Yep, you really are this dumb. The protagonists of Naruto and Dragonball are both wide-eyed, enthusiastic boys (much like most of their readership) who want to become the strongest/greatest.

That's even more simplistic than the protagonist of Veritas, a mad dog delinquent who has an unexpected cruel streak that doesn't become apparent until much later in the work.

That you bemoan the hero of Veritas with stupid terms you borrowed from TVTropes and Youtube anime videos while defending Naruto and Goku exposes you as an inconsistent idiot.

Do you need me to enlarge my words? I said, this is NOT a criticism for the series, it's a note to myself. Whether you like it or not doesn't matter to me, but your stuck up attitude is pissing me off.

Then go piss your panties and cry into your anime pillow, kid.
Aug 28, 2019 8:22 AM

Jun 2011
wow you remind me a lot of that one MHA fanboy, a lot of name calling with little to no points being made in the entire comment.

I actually went in and checked the Code Geass fanservice link that you gave, and to my surprise, there's not a single scene that was shown that had ecchi during a serious moment, which was my entire point in the first place. Ecchi as in, a girl getting her clothes torn during fights, as well as panty flashes. I've been very consistent on this regard for the longest, and there may be one or two series that I could've overlooked because of other good parts, however for the most part I've held this against most series.

And while I do know what TVTropes is, I've never really browsed it, so continue calling people dumb or uninformed, and name call all you want, make you look real mature.

YoungVagabond said:
Yep, you really are this dumb. The protagonists of Naruto and Dragonball are both wide-eyed, enthusiastic boys (much like most of their readership) who want to become the strongest/greatest.

That's even more simplistic than the protagonist of Veritas, a mad dog delinquent who has an unexpected cruel streak that doesn't become apparent until much later in the work.

That you bemoan the hero of Veritas with stupid terms you borrowed from TVTropes and Youtube anime videos while defending Naruto and Goku exposes you as an inconsistent idiot.
Lmao, when you judge characters by their appearance.. since when being wide-eyed has anything to do with anything I just said? None. You're judgemental, but I didn't expect much from you anyway.

If it's something that happens past this chapter, I wouldn't know, but if it took over 50 chapters of a 80 chapters series to become something then it's not doing things right. So far Gangryong has pretty much nothing going for him except for his desire to become stronger, and his occasional outburst at the disrespect his mentor got.

Meanwhile, Naruto wanted approval hence his silly action, he carries a weigh with him, and behind that cheerfulness there's a hint of sadness and loneliness. If you're hating on Naruto because it's cool to hate on it, then I have nothing else to say to you. Naruto has more depth than Gangryong could ever hoped to be.

And as for Dragon Ball Z, I've already explained it, I'd rather have a goofy happy go lucky guy as the protagonist than the crude "look at me I take no shit I am so badass" protagonist, speaking of which, you remind me of Gangryong, the 'too cool for school' dudes. Explains why you're defending this so much. (hey look I can do personal attacks too) I also like the adventure part or the training part of DBZ much more, so hey there's something else going for the series rather than, you know, whatever that Veritas was.

Then go piss your panties and cry into your anime pillow, kid.

oh my god lmao, reminds me of someone who called me a woman hater because I used the meme wamen, it sure is nice to just say whatever you want.

Engaging in this any longer is a waste of time, you're basically insulting people because "waaa waaaa dude doesn't like ma fav series waaa waaa look what a hypocrite dude is" It's funny, because I do admit to being a hypocrite sometimes, there are type of series I said I hated but yet have one of it as my favorite, but eh, I guess you're a flawless human. Good for you, man, happy for ya. :claps:
Aug 28, 2019 4:55 PM

Jul 2008
ToG25thBaam said:
Lmao, when you judge characters by their appearance.. since when being wide-eyed has anything to do with anything I just said?

"Wide-eyed" is not a reference to physical appearance, but an adjective used to describe a character who beholds events with innocence and amazement.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/wide-eyed

As if we needed any further confirmation that you are, in fact, a moron.
Aug 29, 2019 2:55 AM

Jun 2011
YoungVagabond said:
"Wide-eyed" is not a reference to physical appearance, but an adjective used to describe a character who beholds events with innocence and amazement.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/wide-eyed

As if we needed any further confirmation that you are, in fact, a moron.
Thanks, guess I was a dumb ass on that one, well can't be helped English is like my 3rd language. My other points still stand but I guess you'd rather prove I am an idiot than actually argue your points. :shrug:

More topics from this board

» Veritas author remade the entire series into a Webtoon, Veritas Part II will actually happen

Apollinho - Jun 3, 2022

2 by Tumerking »»
Jan 16, 12:16 PM

» Collecting volumes? Languages?

MrCruesliPants - Nov 27, 2021

2 by MrCruesliPants »»
Nov 27, 2021 6:41 AM

Poll: » Veritas Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Khalid - Sep 20, 2010

54 by removed-user »»
Dec 14, 2018 6:30 AM

Poll: » Veritas Chapter 46 Discussion

R-Zero - Aug 6, 2009

13 by foscor70 »»
Sep 9, 2018 9:30 AM

Poll: » Veritas Chapter 79 Discussion

Phanima - Aug 15, 2010

21 by napahul »»
Apr 15, 2016 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.