Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 2015 7:10 PM
May 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LolipaulyMar 25, 2017 3:41 PM
Jul 4, 2015 7:23 PM

Jul 2008
LET THE INCEPTION BEGIN!!!

Pretty damn good episode, but now the flashback within a flashback within a flashback begins! This should be awhile...
Jul 4, 2015 7:30 PM

Dec 2012

Nani..
Jul 4, 2015 7:30 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah Corazon arrives hopefully the flashbacks go by without a break inbetween :D
Jul 4, 2015 7:41 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Pretty good for the 700th episode! x)

Law and Luffy's battle with Doflamingo intensifies. Although we won't be seeing the fight again after a long while. Law's backstory begins in episode 700 and this is gonna be a long one.

Corazon looks awesome and I like how he keeps fumbling down. xD And loli Baby 5 was too cute! >3>

Jul 4, 2015 7:41 PM

Jun 2014
I remember saying to a friend of mine that One Piece reminds me alot of a (good) JRPG, when you take into account the recruiting of characters, the journeying of the characters and now these last few episodes have been alot like Private Actions (from Star Ocean fame) or maybe side quests. I approve.

The fact the writers of this show were able to make a filler about a cooking contest a good, interesting episode makes me realize I'm probably going to be in good hands the next 400 eps.

The only problem I really had with this episode was the woman Sanji faced off against, and the fact that a character I assume wasn't in the manga being forced into his back story is not something I approve of. It's no big deal, though.
Jul 4, 2015 8:53 PM

Oct 2013
So that is Corazon.
Jul 4, 2015 9:43 PM

Jun 2014
I FINALLY caught up to One Piece. Not having to wait for one episode a week was fun while it lasted. Time to read the manga, the infamous pacing issues I've heard so much about were pretty true
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 4, 2015 10:29 PM

Nov 2014
I don't know how I was imagining Corazon to be, but certainly this Corazon was very surprising.
Clumsy brother who hate kids, interesting!

I really miss the time I was catching up with one piece where I can watch 20 episodes in a raw. This is my first flashback that I'll be watching on a weekly base, and I don't think it will be easy :(

and YAY we've reached episode 700!
Jul 4, 2015 10:34 PM
Sep 2014
blessofcurse said:
The only problem I really had with this episode was the woman Sanji faced off against, and the fact that a character I assume wasn't in the manga being forced into his back story is not something I approve of. It's no big deal, though.

Excuse me but, what are you talking about? May I know which character you think is being forced into his back story? .-.

thebrentinator24 said:
I FINALLY caught up to One Piece. Not having to wait for one episode a week was fun while it lasted. Time to read the manga, the infamous pacing issues I've heard so much about were pretty true

WELCOME ABOARD! It can also be fun to watch OP week to week, but the pacing issues are sadly true and apparently here to stay.

Well, the first half of the episode was pure crap and I'm 99% sure didn't happen in the manga.
The animation was horrible this week but I'm very glad we're finally going to see Law's past! My poor baby Law :'c
I was hoping they'd have something special planned for the 700th episode, but apparently not. Oh, well.

Jul 4, 2015 11:34 PM

Apr 2011
Episode 700 woo! Corazon is fucking nuts haha... Throwing Law like that then just catching himself on fire while trying to look badass with his cig... omg xD
Jul 4, 2015 11:38 PM

Feb 2013
You know it's gonna be a bad episode when it takes 7 friggin minutes just for it to start lmao. Why exactly did we need to hear DF's entire speech again? Oh yeah, because its fucking One Piece. The whole first half was basically a complete waste of time.

Law's flashback is also pretty meh so far :/.

2/5.
Jul 4, 2015 11:46 PM

Jun 2009
Shape430 said:
You know it's gonna be a bad episode when it takes 7 friggin minutes just for it to start lmao. Why exactly did we need to hear DF's entire speech again? Oh yeah, because its fucking One Piece. The whole first half was basically a complete waste of time.

2/5.

really now always must be people around that just complain about all and everything
the flashback just started talk when its at least have threw and state your thoughts cause its getting the best and saddest flashback ever in OP
Jul 4, 2015 11:51 PM
Jun 2015
Episode is 700..... 7+0+0=7......Corazon has seven letters......... Corazon was foreshadowed to appear in episode 700..ODAAAAAAA LOL......but seriously a nice episode
Jul 5, 2015 12:49 AM

Mar 2015
700 episodes and we are from being done :D
The flashback starts and we finally get to see Corazon.
I'm so excited to see the fb animated.

Shape430 said:

Just wait,the flashback arc is arguably the best thing about Dressrosa and my personal second favourite backstory in OP...you'll soon see why.
Also try to enjoy it to the max because once it's over,you'll have enough other things to complain about :D
Jul 5, 2015 1:43 AM

Jun 2014
sushantssj said:
Episode is 700..... 7+0+0=7......Corazon has seven letters......... Corazon was foreshadowed to appear in episode 700..ODAAAAAAA
ROFL
Jul 5, 2015 1:54 AM

Jun 2014
sushantssj said:
Episode is 700..... 7+0+0=7......Corazon has seven letters......... Corazon was foreshadowed to appear in episode 700..ODAAAAAAA LOL......but seriously a nice episode

nice analysis

I'm thinking Law used his secret ability on himself? Just a guess
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 5, 2015 3:35 AM

Sep 2014
Damn 700 episodes and it's far from being over o/
Corazon finally, this is going to be good!
Looking forward to the next episodes.
Jul 5, 2015 4:06 AM

Nov 2012
Underwhelming milestone episode, hope the next ones are done right.
Jul 5, 2015 4:33 AM

Jul 2013
Corazon seems like an interesting character. I'm liking this so far.
Jul 5, 2015 4:44 AM

Aug 2013
Happy 700, One Piece!!
Jul 5, 2015 7:02 AM

Aug 2009
wow 700 episodes! , awesome!
Jul 5, 2015 7:20 AM

Jun 2011
So so so so so so so damn good! My man Corazon is finally here! The delivery of the comedy with Corazon was pretty good, I laughed. XD

The beginning of the episode, where 2 kids were running away, then fall over and cried while a soldier saves them from a bandit(?), that scene was strangely depressing. It gave a sense that Dressrosa is falling over. (it is falling over in fact but you get my point)

In this episode, we have an infamous scene animated, a blunder created by mangapanda when the chapter was first released. "Feel the pain of Sabo and Issho's victory", I can't help but have a smile on my face when I watch that scene. :) Then Fujitora goes on and question if the WG is some kind of God, who can do whatever they want.

Oh, there was an elephant that kept bumping into the birdcage, damn, elephant's head > birdcage slicing power. Kaido's henchman foreshadow. :p

The fights were pretty damn sweet. Dat stomp from shadow Doffy tho! Doffy's delivery on "Humans are all cruel" was so good, I almost got chill. He definitely has a reason to say so.

Reading the manga in the past, it wasn't made clear whether the "national treasure" is in fact the Ope Ope no Mi due to inaccurate/unclear translation, and here it was confirmed that it is something else. Can't wait to find out what it is.
We find out that the OP in OP OP no mi is in fact overpowered overpowered no mi. Eternal youth?

Now onto the flashback, it's so far so damn good. Kamiyan's delivery as young Law was really nice. I almost couldn't recognize him. His final scene in this episode was damn well acted, also well animated. Young Doffy looking cool as fuck. And needless to say, my man Corazon is perfect! Can't wait for more interaction between Law & Corazon and Law and Baby 5 / Buffalo

BRING ON THE FLASHBACK! <3 One thing I didn't like tho in this episode was the cutting corner in animation, too much shaky scenes acting as intensifier.

P.S. Also, congrats One Piece on 700th! <3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 5, 2015 8:44 AM
Oct 2013
Half the episode can be skipped. Toei Master of trolling.
Jul 5, 2015 9:24 AM

Sep 2008
FINALLLYYY... I have been waiting for Corazon to make his appearance!
Jul 5, 2015 9:26 AM

Nov 2014
Give it 3 Episodes of Law and his past and we win with the next episodes to come.
Jul 5, 2015 9:43 AM

Oct 2013
Congrats to One Piece anime fo making ot past 700 and many more to come....fecking love Corazon!! Buhaha!!
Jul 5, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
Corazon First Appearance:
He slipped
Slapped kids
Fell from (or with) chair
Threw a kid
and burned himself.
I FVCKIN LOVE HIM!!!

Happy 700th episode! What a great episode, not to mention the kid Law voice is really cute (as expected of Kamiya-san).

Jul 5, 2015 12:39 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, 7 mins wasted in the intro/summary! That aside the last part of this episode was really interesting can't wait to see the continuation.
Jul 5, 2015 1:39 PM
Jul 2013
melchor2679 said:
Wow, 7 mins wasted in the intro/summary! That aside the last part of this episode was really interesting can't wait to see the continuation.

It is what it is.
Jul 5, 2015 1:45 PM
Aug 2014
I freaking LOL'd IRL during the Corazon moments XD

Episodes was pretty meh, I just hope they give us more decent art like episode 695-699.
Those little bits of good animation and art is really appreciated, so I hope it continues.
Jul 5, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
700 Episodes. 10 days worth of One Piece watched... Feeling proud!
Jul 5, 2015 3:15 PM

Jun 2014
IsGalis said:
blessofcurse said:

Excuse me but, what are you talking about? May I know which character you think is being forced into his back story? .-.

thebrentinator24 said:

WELCOME ABOARD! It can also be fun to watch OP week to week, but the pacing issues are sadly true and apparently here to stay.

Well, the first half of the episode was pure crap and I'm 99% sure didn't happen in the manga.
The animation was horrible this week but I'm very glad we're finally going to see Law's past! My poor baby Law :'c
I was hoping they'd have something special planned for the 700th episode, but apparently not. Oh, well.

Yep. It's been established about 300 episodes ago, that the anime has DBZ style pacing. The problem isn't really felt that much when you're binging, but it's excruciating week to week. Thanks toei, lol.

BTW, the entire first half of the episode was actually in the manga. The only main underlying difference is that the anime's version felt a lot more like recap due to all the previous padding.

Those animals were torn apart and to shreds in the manga. That elephant was so desperate to get out of the bird cage, it was cutting itself and forcing itself through the sharp bars. In the anime, the cage just acted as a wall of some sort. I guess they wanted to avoid animating all that blood.

Anyone else notice that animation drop when it got to the flashback though? The art still looked great but the movements got clunkier. Flashbacks are usually the highlight of the anime so I hope they do it justice like the other ones.

Especially with the HUGE and major implications this flashback brings to the table, it's going to be awesome. I'm hoping for the best!

Also, I don't mind the 7 minute long recaps. As long as the episode's content is finely paced and padding is lessened, it's fine. I'd take 15 mins of recaps in a heart beat as opposed to staring contests, and slow panning backgrounds.
SIOPAOBUNJul 5, 2015 3:19 PM
Jul 5, 2015 5:48 PM
Jun 2015
I'm so excited to see law's flashback that I've been hearing about so much
Jul 5, 2015 9:48 PM

Jun 2011
SIOPAOBUN said:
I guess they wanted to avoid animating all that blood.
Oh god, how are they gonna handle what comes next. :/ The 'censoring' law has gotten so ridiculous over the past decade..

SIOPAOBUN said:
Also, I don't mind the 7 minute long recaps. As long as the episode's content is finely paced and padding is lessened, it's fine. I'd take 15 mins of recaps in a heart beat as opposed to staring contests, and slow panning backgrounds.
Pretty much this! When there's padding, people complain. When there's more recap (which is always skip-able) to avoid padding, people still complain.
I know it's frustrating to get so little of One Piece every week, but it really can't be helped.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 6, 2015 5:11 AM
May 2015
My guess there's going to be a time that kid law does a super crying moment, haven't seen the flashback before but as I think he's a canidate for luffy's crew that seems to be a crucial thing *unless you're brook*.
Jul 6, 2015 7:27 AM

Apr 2009
The first half wasn't bad on its own really, it just doesn't compete with the prospect of Doflamingo and Law flashbacks so it made it feel a bit draggy.

Speaking of which, really enjoyed them. Corazon is nothing like I imagined and I loved the timing of Diamante's "He doesn't like kids; be careful" as Law's getting picked up.

The ending was great, too. Caught me completely off guard and made me burst out laughing.
Jul 6, 2015 7:36 AM

Jul 2012
Well Manga readers seem excited for this flashback, Seems like an average flashback so far minus the child abuse lol... Oh god I just remembered the giant kids in the last arc that were being held captive and drugged almost to death...

Edit: Also people are finding Corazon funny? I mean I could understand it being funny to children but that type of humor does nothing for me
exLightningJul 6, 2015 7:39 AM
Jul 6, 2015 10:29 AM

Jun 2015
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i still totally love one piece.

In all this time i have only one criticism of where One Piece has gone, and that is that i preferred the no fan service Nami and Robin, they are both such strong characters and i think it cheapens them. But aside from that One Piece is still just as amazing as it has ever been :D woo hOOO!!!!

If One piece can actually find its way to a decent ending, i think it will be one of the most legendary pieces of story telling out there :)
Jul 8, 2015 1:41 AM
Apr 2015
Where the fuck is Sanji, Chopper, Brook and Nami?
Jul 8, 2015 2:55 AM

Jul 2014
Corazon looked more evil than his brother. :P
Jul 8, 2015 4:33 AM

Jul 2013
BlackHawk0 said:
Corazon looked more evil than his brother. :P
yeah wonder how Law became so close to him
Jul 9, 2015 11:20 PM

Jan 2014
[SIZE=350]700 BABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY <3 !!!![/SIZE]

One Piece is love, One Piece is life :D
Jul 10, 2015 3:57 AM

Jan 2012
Nice episode, a hell of a lot better than they have been before now. Law is my favorite character in the series so I don't mind these flashbacks of him.
Jul 10, 2015 9:12 PM

Jul 2012
pretty sure this episode was only 16 minutes long, maybe it was 699 that was 16 minutes, either way this shit's starting to grind my gears.
Konbu is important
Jul 11, 2015 12:24 PM

Mar 2010
Law meeting someone with two loose screws was ironic.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 11, 2015 7:59 PM

Apr 2011
700th episode. Only few years left to thousandth ep out.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Jul 11, 2015 10:05 PM

Dec 2013
Happy 700th episode to this series :)

Action was pretty cool. Law was petty badass taking on Doffy with what he learned from Doffy's group. Flashback hype! Excited to finally see Corazon animated!
Jul 16, 2015 7:42 AM

Jul 2013
FUnNshot said:
I'm the only one who thinks the treasure in Mariejois is One Piece? :D

Yes, first thing that comes in my mind!
Jul 17, 2015 8:23 AM

Apr 2013
I don't give a shit about Law's past, but I wanna see the Donquixote gang fuckin' shit up!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 322 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Sep 4, 2007

66 by kejora »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 320 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Aug 23, 2007

64 by kejora »»
56 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 319 Discussion

Lepchin - May 19, 2009

39 by kejora »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 317 Discussion

VK11 - Jul 13, 2007

48 by kejora »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

479 by Kitsu-nee »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.