Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 7, 2015 6:15 PM
May 2015
Regarding the word thing, are they gonna have to decipher them always? In the time it took to line up the hiragana/katakana, the Maki could've attacked them.

Also, I bet the usual 3 vector formation is a kind of super mode.....hell if that other guy joins, they can have 2 Aquarions or a Mega (all 4)....
Jul 7, 2015 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
love destiny jump the fuck?! seriously!!
Jul 8, 2015 3:52 AM

Nov 2010
Firstly I loved Aquarion for the amazing musics by Akino and Bless4, so Aquarion Logos let me down pretty quickly, both OP and ED.
Secondly, I kinda meh-ed at this episode, the pace was for me, all over the place, quite jumpy and weird in all.
Mainly, I really loved Aquarion for the heavy story on love, despair, reunions, people's feelings, etc. I do hope Logos continues to deliver a strong plot. Didn't see anything related to the first and second season of aquarion, so a bit disappointed on that, but we'll see

It's still episode 1 of Logos, and I personally will stick a bit longer to just examine how the plot is going.
Jul 8, 2015 4:28 AM

May 2015
To Drop or Not? Guess ill stick to a few episodes more see if there's that Aquarion Feel. The OP and ED is CRAP, Aquarion with no AKINO/BLESS4 Yoko Kanno what the hell were they thinking I can't really imagine how they would put that crap op on the climactic scenes and FUDOU where the hell is FUDOUUUUUUU!!!
zurgboy00Jul 8, 2015 6:57 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2015 7:57 AM

Sep 2009
the protag is waaaay more likely then the wuss Arima and hot head Apollo.
Jul 8, 2015 8:19 AM

May 2012
As someone who've haven't watched the previous aquarion series, the first episode this was pretty confusing. Can you really watch this without having watched the previous series.
Jul 8, 2015 8:28 AM

May 2013
arilando said:
As someone who've haven't watched the previous aquarion series, the first episode this was pretty confusing. Can you really watch this without having watched the previous series.

Probably not. Sources say previous series will lead to each other.
But Episode 1 hasn't had any correlation to previous series as of yet. As far as we know.
Jul 8, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
WTF I just watched? The Aquarion EVOL OVA really had the connection to this Aquarion Logos? Because th heart sign was just the same!
And what the fuck Bruce Lee was doing on here? I thought this is Japanese? Is Chinese overtaking Japan now?!!!
Well the animation alright, OST was really good, OP was also good and ED was just fine. Maybe I'll get the full song or it's Music Video sometime.
I just picked this up because It says "New Series". But I don't know If I can watch this without watching the previous series.
Or maybe I'll watch the previous Aquarion series when I got time.
And I'm just watching this because of Sakura Ayane was here! But it seems she will be providing lewd sounds/voices here!!
FUCK THIS IF IT REALLY IS!!!
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 8, 2015 1:19 PM

Sep 2008
at some point of time aquarion now looks like a precure anime -_-
lame designs, lame theem, where is muy stupidly awesome anime ?

this looks like a persona 4 style art with the precure enemies..
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 8, 2015 2:38 PM

Jul 2009
Rayzer said:
WTF I just watched? The Aquarion EVOL OVA really had the connection to this Aquarion Logos? Because th heart sign was just the same!
And what the fuck Bruce Lee was doing on here? I thought this is Japanese? Is Chinese overtaking Japan now?!!!
Well the animation alright, OST was really good, OP was also good and ED was just fine. Maybe I'll get the full song or it's Music Video sometime.
I just picked this up because It says "New Series". But I don't know If I can watch this without watching the previous series.
Or maybe I'll watch the previous Aquarion series when I got time.
And I'm just watching this because of Sakura Ayane was here! But it seems she will be providing lewd sounds/voices here!!
FUCK THIS IF IT REALLY IS!!!
Sousei no Aquarion EVOL and Aquarion Logos episode 1 are not connected. That is to say, the OVA does not lead into season 3. It doesn't explicitly state that anywhere.

On the other hand, the videos seem to be 50-minutes long. I assume the were aired one after the other. The translator likely didn't want to deal with timing and things like that so he just left it as a merged video.
Jul 8, 2015 3:18 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Wow. What... happened? I know Aquarion is different but this isn't what I wanted for season two. Moving on.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 8, 2015 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
cyruz said:
Wow. What... happened? I know Aquarion is different but this isn't what I wanted for season two. Moving on.
Season 1: Sousei no Aquarion
Season 2: Aquarion EVOL (Parallel world)
OVA: Sousei no Aquarion EVOL (likely a crossover between the first two seasons)
Season 3: Aquarion Logos (assuming it's another Parallel world)

I know what you mean. Sousei had all the action and impact you could ever want. EVOL had enough romance to fill the universe multiple times over. I can't see which angle Logos is/will take.
Jul 8, 2015 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
zurgboy00 said:
To Drop or Not? Guess ill stick to a few episodes more see if there's that Aquarion Feel. The OP and ED is CRAP, Aquarion with no AKINO/BLESS4 Yoko Kanno what the hell were they thinking I can't really imagine how they would put that crap op on the climactic scenes and FUDOU where the hell is FUDOUUUUUUU!!!

I'm out
Jul 9, 2015 12:15 AM

Jan 2011
having watch the hour long version i was all down seeing all the characters return and Aquarion being as dumb as ever but then the new season actually started...all my hype died

It's just not the same man! nostalgia is a bitch
Jul 9, 2015 3:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Like someone mentioned above, this really didn't feel like Aquarion at all. Aquarion has never been a good series, but it's been fun in an extremely camp and kitsch sort of way. This was neither. It also felt like it was extremely low budget for some reason.

My take on it is that Satelight's A team is probably working on the upcoming Macross series.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 9, 2015 8:05 AM
Jan 2014
Stupid, lame, corny, yet interspersed with enough brilliant moments to keep me watching until the end. Guess I would end up watching the entire series if the writers can keep up the pace and prevent the plot from becoming one cluster-f**k.
Jul 9, 2015 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
Damn. That second half was lame.

Jul 9, 2015 6:04 PM

Sep 2011
1st half was okay and then 2nd half just shit the bed. Honestly contemplating on dropping it lol.
Jul 9, 2015 11:36 PM

May 2015
1st half was not really part of the new series its just a crossover ova. In all honestly I would very much prefer a crossover series than this new one, I can't imagine where this will lead up to. I just wish they would just stick with evol art style the new work seems so dull that aquarion feeling is lost specially with that OP and ED.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2015 12:33 AM

Jul 2009
zurgboy00 said:
1st half was not really part of the new series its just a crossover ova. In all honestly I would very much prefer a crossover series than this new one, I can't imagine where this will lead up to. I just wish they would just stick with evol art style the new work seems so dull that aquarion feeling is lost specially with that OP and ED.
A crossover series between the parallel worlds of Sousei and EVOL would be complicated or rather, one big mess no one wants to clean up with how different the world 12,000 years prior in EVOL was from Sousei.
Jul 10, 2015 11:10 PM
Jul 2015
No one even mention that the settings are dumb as fuck?! This anime is rubbish.
Jul 11, 2015 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Using the power of words to make people suffer.
Jul 12, 2015 1:07 PM

Feb 2013
I'm not sure what I just watched... 50 minutes? First half a weird mashup for season1 and 2 (though nicely self contained). Then 2nd half the was first episode of season 3, which is completely unrelated. I wonder why these 2 things are together? WTF Funi (and wtf is with that messed up jerky framerate?)

I dropped the other 2 seasons... likely will be the result of this one as well. I can already tell it will be unrelated enough to not matter. I will not watch another funi episode though... will wait for a real sub group to do it before I drop it.
Jul 13, 2015 9:28 AM

Apr 2012
really liked and enjoyed Aquarion Evol but this is just garbadge... dropped (and i am not often drop an anime)
Jul 21, 2015 5:16 AM
May 2008
All the charactars have a generic design. Animation quality is meh. The scene of the joining is meh. No insert songs. OP is very weak.

I loved Aquarion EVOL but Logos doesn't has charismatic characters, good music, or good songs I'll only watch 1-2 more chapters before drop.
Jul 26, 2015 12:46 AM
Sep 2013
The first half was more shameless than the entirety of G Gundam and also made zero sense. Why the hell were they trying to kill each other one second and started acting all buddy-buddy the next? The 2nd half was shameless too but not nearly as much and it at least made sense somewhat so it was better but still pretty weird. I usually watch the OP/ED of everything at least once but the music here was so bad I couldn't bring myself to do it.

And why the hell are you people talking about characterizations anyways? Its only been one episode. Never mind, you guys are probably one of those waifu-tards.
Aug 1, 2015 8:28 PM

Oct 2008
Now this is more corny and more confusing. (cuz i just watched Sousei no Aquarion Evol b4 watching this)
But musics? of course its Kanno Yoko so its exempted and a given!
glad to hear May'n again.
3/5.

Aug 22, 2015 10:41 AM
Dec 2010
like a few ppl here im want to know wheres fudo at?!?

i refuse to start this series till fudo makes a real appearance
Aug 26, 2015 3:39 AM

Aug 2015
I watched it expecting the worse thing in the earth.
It's actully better than 80% of this season anime.

It's as corny, dumb, hilarious and fugly as any 70's mecha show. It's pretty good so far.
The OP music is not even that important so I don't understand why everyone here is making a HUGE DEAL of it.
Jan 19, 2016 4:59 PM
Jan 2016
Ive watched both sequels and LOVED IT especially Aquarion Evol and I was excited to see the 3rd sequel and the first episode was amazing where there`s a dimension problem and the 1st and second sequel meet and it was WOW. Now they start the 1st episode of Logos and I`m like wtf is this. They changed it a lot and they did keep some stuff but the characters seem so different and the REALLY worst part is THERE FIGHTING FUCKING WORDS like wtf they should've kept the abductors or the dark angels but noooo they went with fucking WORDS like honestly they changed it so much and also Pollon the reincarnation of Apollo and Amata/Kagura there not even close to the reincarnation in Logos so it really sucks! Im really pissed at the creators or manga idk. So whoever changed the anime idc if its the other creators from 1 or 2 but if its new creators that explained it and FUCK YOU bitches meh gawd!
Oct 26, 2016 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
child soldiers im used 2 but a transforming cafe/base is something ill never be able 2 swallow
Nov 22, 2016 5:32 AM
Nov 2013
kyled00m said:
cyruz said:
Season 1: Sousei no Aquarion
Season 2: Aquarion EVOL (Parallel world)
OVA: Sousei no Aquarion EVOL (likely a crossover between the first two seasons)
Season 3: Aquarion Logos (assuming it's another Parallel world)

I know what you mean. Sousei had all the action and impact you could ever want. EVOL had enough romance to fill the universe multiple times over. I can't see which angle Logos is/will take.

season 2 is after 1. it's not a parallel world and i hope logo won't be crap.

Farabeuf said:
Like someone mentioned above, this really didn't feel like Aquarion at all. Aquarion has never been a good series, but it's been fun in an extremely camp and kitsch sort of way. This was neither. It also felt like it was extremely low budget for some reason.

My take on it is that Satelight's A team is probably working on the upcoming Macross series.

it's a great series. but logo idk yet.
rjc523Nov 22, 2016 5:38 AM
Dec 27, 2016 8:31 AM
Dec 2016
i'v just watched this aquarion logos....i loved the first 2 seasons i was so excited for a new series but after seeing episode 1 i'm so disappointed i won't be buying or watching this new series

it's like HEY! lets make a new GunDam but this time lets give it a PokeMon vibe
they have turned a good series with a good story and killed it by turning it in to a word game and the new animation is a bit low end...oh well hope the next SAO don't go this way

1 thing to remember in life and the only thing that really matters
''LIFE IS A GREAT BIG ONION'' so lets have salad!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2015

22 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 29, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

20 by CondemneDio »»
Aug 24, 2021 6:13 AM

» Is this anime really bad?

Dexistance - Apr 7, 2021

2 by 28012001 »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:46 AM

» Can I watch this without watching previous series?

ASTRO999 - Jul 6, 2015

21 by behajo »»
Apr 7, 2019 11:17 AM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2015

2 by phantom346 »»
Apr 2, 2016 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.