Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2015 7:54 PM

Apr 2014
Kana Hanazawa as Shiraishi is just pure sex
Jun 28, 2015 9:00 PM

Apr 2014
BernieSorbet said:

But she was voiced by the owner of this face.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 28, 2015 9:05 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty enjoyable show. I would have thought that was an anime original ending.
Jun 28, 2015 9:07 PM

Jun 2014
Well this was a nice finale! I really like how it ended and I think Yamada made the right choice for his wish!

I also liked the scene between Yamada and Shiraishi at the end!

Overall I gave this an 8/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jun 28, 2015 9:21 PM

Aug 2013
Even as an anime only watcher this felt rushed, but it wasn't so rushed that I didn't enjoy it. Still had a blast with the show.

I think they made it blatantly obvious by that ending that we will never get a season 2.

At least Yamada killed 2 birds with one stone. Wished for the witches powers to be gone, and by doing so, eliminated Rika's memory power so everyone got their memories back.

Also had one of the top 5 OPs this season, and the ED wasn't bad either.

Good thing is this was one of those shows where all of the AO watchers were like, "this was good, and now I also want to read the manga"; whereas a lot of shows were either "this is bad and I want everything to burn", or the manga readers were like "this was shit, read the manga" (well there were a few of those salty bitches here too). At least the overall response to the show was positive.
Jun 28, 2015 9:50 PM
Jul 2013
It was a nice anime. Got boring after 4 episodes but characters were chill.

7/10
Jun 28, 2015 10:05 PM

Nov 2007
The second half of the anime was rushed and got worse with each passing episode. I would read the manga from chapter 1 if I were interested.

7/10 for the earlier episodes and the voice-acting.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 28, 2015 10:07 PM

Jun 2014
It's so ironic that when I'm complaining about an adaptation no one has the same opinion as me but here when I think it was decent everyone is quite frustrated with the adaptation.

Yeah the manga was fun and all and the anime was a rushed mess but I could still enjoy the anime since the comedy was intact, some arc was okay (we could understand them, and had some legitimate fun with them) some were really rushed to the point its not fun (only some) and the last arc was okay. It went way better than I expected but it was still disappointing.

So as a manga reader I would rate it 6 but since I mostly rate on enjoyment I will give this a 7.
Also manga reader's calm down a little bit and just point them to the manga.
Jun 28, 2015 10:08 PM
Sep 2013
So the series is finally over, too bad this would have been better if its two cour. A lot of important things and also some funny scenes were skipped in this adaptation. Like in this episode they haven't shown Rika having feelings for the President when the three of them(w/Leona) was in the supernatural club. They also skipped this scene when the time was paused for the others:

Anyways overall 6/10.

You guys might want to give the manga a try to fully understand and enjoy this series.
Jun 28, 2015 10:16 PM

Jun 2014
Jonesy974 said:

I think they made it blatantly obvious by that ending that we will never get a season 2.

Why do you think that?
Jun 28, 2015 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
Oh so cute, a happy ending for Yamada and Shiraishi, last episode with various events, it was a good development, I thought it would be faster, but took advantage well of the outcome of the anime

I liked the adaptation, even being a little rushed in relation to the manga, but seized well the main points of the plot, also had a good soundtrack and animation, manga is certainly superior, but I also recommend the anime ..
Jun 28, 2015 10:51 PM

Oct 2008
I was pretty ready to give this a 5 or 6 due to the previous few episodes being terrible, but I think they saved the anime from being total crap with the last episode. It was also rushed, but easy to follow and all the loose ends were wrapped up. Made a pretty satisfying conclusion imo. Although overall I prefer the live action drama, the anime had a better version of the ending. 7/10
Jun 28, 2015 11:28 PM

Jun 2012
I rate this 8/10, because I did enjoy it. It was rushed, I agree, but I could follow the plot. This series could've been way better if they'd tried.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jun 28, 2015 11:38 PM

Jan 2011
Thai777 said:
Jonesy974 said:

Why do you think that?

Because...it's blatantly obvious. And not just because of how it ended. If there was vested interest in this title then it would of adapted more of it's content instead of stream lining the main plot to get to the conclusion in 12 (not even 13) episodes.
IZEROIIJun 28, 2015 11:45 PM
Jun 28, 2015 11:40 PM

Jun 2013
This should have been at least 20 episodes or something. Not that it matters, because I still enjoyed the hell out of this. Ending was great even thought it was rushed to make it to this point. Time to read the manga I guess
Jun 29, 2015 12:05 AM

Apr 2014
Rayzer said:
BernieSorbet said:

She was mainly voiced by Hayami Saori (the owner of that face) but when she switched bodies with the dark blue-haired chick she was voiced by Kana Hanazawa
Jun 29, 2015 12:35 AM

Jan 2013
It had potential to be a really great harem romance anime but they town all that down the river and concentrated all romance on Urara. Still pretty good story 7/10.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jun 29, 2015 12:36 AM

Jan 2013
I really wished that this was a 2 cour adaptation since it skimmed through important stuff, and they didn't even gave a hint of what's going to happen on the second arc, if this was any other anime, it would happen...

Being a big fan of the manga, I can't help it bug give this an 8, it probably would get a 7, but it was still very well done, despite 2 or 3 episodes were they suffered with the rush, they managed it well, the animation was good (god that opening and ending, specially that opening, the music was also great), and the voice actors did a great job, it wasn't all that bad in the end. At least it got more people into the manga.
Jun 29, 2015 1:32 AM

Apr 2010
As an AO viewer, I could tell it was rushed, especially toward the end, but I enjoyed it a lot tbh, though I'm not interested enough in harem series in general to read the manga from the start. Feel sad for me if you like but eh, I'm generally pretty happy with how they did it even if they should have made it 24. I did find it confusing at one point why there was no real haremy feel about it, but I still thought it was good. I can say I'm glad I've never read the manga cause 90 chapters into 12 episodes is criminal.

8/10 gave me a lot of laughs, and it's a hell of a lot better than a lot of butchered rushed anime that I've watched without reading the manga.
Jun 29, 2015 1:36 AM

May 2013
Best OP for this season and a very good anime i really enjoyed it 8/10
Jun 29, 2015 1:42 AM

Apr 2014
BernieSorbet said:
Rayzer said:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
She was mainly voiced by Hayami Saori (the owner of that face) but when she switched bodies with the dark blue-haired chick she was voiced by Kana Hanazawa

Ah yeah. I forgot when Asuka switched bodies with Shiraiishi.

And to those anime only watchers who "still enjoyed this even if it's rushed" should really read the manga.
Because what you watched was like last 5 minutes of a fantastic show or a leftover of a delicious food.
And to those manga readers like me, Don't be such a masochist by still liking this crap adaptation just "because you love the manga."
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 29, 2015 1:43 AM

Dec 2014
good show im satisfied, but i feel like it should of been a full season, it was too short.
NYAA!
Jun 29, 2015 2:01 AM

Feb 2012
I seriously want to give this a high rating of 9 or 10 because I enjoy the manga so much, but I'm rating the anime and NOT the manga. So, I'll give it a 7/10 because of how a lot of the episodes lost it's quality by being so rushed. They skipped many good parts from the manga.

Having a season 2 is quite ambivalent. It is a possibility if they wanted to, but how they ended this season is making me doubt it. They didn't conclude this open-endedly. They could've finish this season with
. But due to the fact that they substantially compacted a lot of chapters into one episode (rushed) and stingily gave a mere 12 episodes for this season, I highly doubt. But who knows, with the high availability of materials/chapters, it still could be possible. I really don't want them to ruin any more of the manga TBH, so I veto the idea of a s2.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 29, 2015 4:15 AM
Jul 2011
Now That Extremely Hilarious! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! XD He Really Wished For The Seven Witches Become Normal Girls.
Jun 29, 2015 4:35 AM

Dec 2009
Had so much potential. It's unfortunate that it had to be all crammed into 12 episodes.
Jun 29, 2015 4:50 AM

Apr 2015
That's it?! No tongue? Now, I felt betrayed, I wished for a romantic kiss. But since they spent all of their time per episode kissing each other, a simple kiss has no impact at all.....
#CHEXIT
Jun 29, 2015 5:26 AM

Jun 2014
Loved this!
:3
Jun 29, 2015 5:38 AM
Mar 2015
i like this anime..
but the problem is they skip a lots of stuff...
which makes it umm... less good
i'll give 7.5/10
Jun 29, 2015 6:46 AM

Jul 2014
i really enjoy this series 9/10
Jun 29, 2015 7:09 AM

Apr 2014
so it end it...
i enjoy it alot even is was rushed
if had 22+ episodes i had give a 10/10 but going give it 7/10
time to read the manga :P

the only thing i going miss is the OS
Jun 29, 2015 7:13 AM

Dec 2010
...overall a lovely anime, the romance and the supernatural powers really balance well in this anime... its the kissing that made this anime popular

...8/10
Jun 29, 2015 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
That was a very heartwarming end to this anime. Yes it felt rushed and probably cut a lot of content (I didn't read the manga/LN) but I felt like it did very well regardless.
Might it have been more of a harem if they added in missing scenes of the other girls (like Niseoki LOL)?
Overall I loved the comedy and the feels this show gave. Feels like a relatively overlooked show because you might think it's an ecchi harem, but I'm glad I kept up with it!
Also, great OP and ED!
9/10
Jun 29, 2015 7:43 AM
Jun 2015
DesuTronic said:
I wasn't expecting anything other than what has already been said for many weeks now about it being rushed.
But is it a bad thing if I didn't read the manga and didn't pay very close attention to the plot and still enjoyed it?
Even though so many people have already voiced their opinion about it being rushed and 12 episodes being to short for this anime.
It was still made good enough for it to be enjoyable to watch. It looked pretty and had a lot of conflict between characters.
It might not be a masterpiece but its still relativity good.

The fact that they've skipped lots of content (relevant content), makes the notion of having a 2nd season even harder to take in.

For example they cut all the scene where Sarushima have a brother and Yamada's sister scene. Also some of Odagiri key shipping moments were omitted which will probably impact the season 2. Also Leona, who is a key character to Tamaki's arc, is completely omitted in the last episode.

They keep on butchering little or big points of the manga that can affect a character development. They rushed 10 chapters into one episode. Most of manga readers would enjoy this because they understand the story, but newcomers are going to be confused. If I didn't read the manga, I wouldn't know why Noa kissed those 3 students. Second season will probably happen, but if they keep on butchering it, not all people want to see their favorite manga getting butchered.
Maybe OVA is the key? Then second season..

I really recommend you give the manga a try, the stuff that happens after the witch ceremony is even better imo.

[i]Mod Edit: Spoiler Tag corrected so that it becomes an actual tag.[/spoiler]
rodacJul 6, 2015 7:23 PM
Jun 29, 2015 9:07 AM

Feb 2014
I'll rate the series 8/10 even though this adaptation was rushed and skipped a lot of chapters.
Jun 29, 2015 9:47 AM
Jun 2010
They ruined this great story by rushing it, 1/10.

They need to redo the anime.
Jun 29, 2015 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
They cut the show to less than it's bare essentials, and I think I've bored everyone here enough with my Bum-Rush rants since episode 5, so I'll just leave it at that.

The show wasn't bad, it was just way too focused on Yamada and Shiraishi at the expense of all other character's development. If they really want to make a sequel to this, they'd better do a "Mahou Sensei Negima" and essentially remake the first season with 20+ episodes instead, otherwise the essential details that they skipped will come back and take a bite out of their sorry butts.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 29, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2014
Okay, since it's a last episode already, I'm not gonna say anything about ''rushed''.

It ended just like that, left me with no feelings at all in this series. The manga still thousand times better though.
Also, they skipped almost all of Leona's flashback. Kinda pissed, since adding those will leave much more impact during Leona and Yamazaki's sunset scene..!
Also, they skipped most of the comedies in this, despite comedy is supposed to be one of the main genre of this anime. Another minus 1 point--no wait. 2 points!

Overall, disappointed, since I hyped a lot when this series got anime! I like the artstyle in this though, and the animation quality is pretty satisfying.
...That's all about it. The story is jumbled mess thanks to their effort of cramming 90+ chapters of the manga into 12 episodes.
(6/10) This should've been 2-cours. If season 2 ever announced, they better not butcher that as well!
Also, HanaKana's role is wasted hard! Asuka's barely got any time to shine! in the anime, at least.
Jun 29, 2015 11:48 AM

May 2015
The series was enjoyable to some degree; I won’t deny that. Still, at the end of the day, this wasn’t a very good adaptation; you’d be kidding yourself if you think otherwise. You don’t even have to be a manga reader to see that.

All in all, the series felt more like a quick summary than anything else. It went from key point to key point of the story non-stop, skipping tons of important information necessary for character development.

Rushing done right I’d call this…………

Dude, there is not such thing as “rush done right.” It was rushed, and period. But hey, I like that positive attitude of yours.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jun 29, 2015 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
I've never read the manga but I didn't feel like the show was hard to follow at all. At the end of the day, all that matters to me is that it was an enjoyable watch :)
Jun 29, 2015 12:49 PM

Jan 2015
10/10 - the anime adaption feels exactly like the manga

Jun 29, 2015 2:37 PM

Mar 2009
Yes, adapt 90 chapters of the manga into 12 episodes. Genius idea!

I was really enjoying this series up to episode 6, but then everything started getting ridiculously rushed. I couldn't even understand the story anymore. You don't need to be a manga reader to tell it was rushed. Good thing the girls were cute, or I probably would have dropped it.
Jun 29, 2015 2:59 PM

Aug 2014
KeitaIssei said:
Second season will probably happen

What makes you say probably? The way they decided to wrap up things makes it seem less likely and I highly doubt the BD will sell well. Chances of a 2nd season are very slim, unless a miracle happens I wouldn't expect it to happen.
Jun 29, 2015 3:10 PM
Dec 2012
Can someone clarify something about the last arc?
Now no one should know about the seventh witch cuz he will be able grant any wish he wants once he gather them together, after Yamada knew the name and since they cant apply the power of witches upon him the president of the student council made everyone forget about Yamada right? WHY?? what does this have with the condition about the 7th witch? his friends deosnot know anything in the first place!!?

another question
why did not shiraishi kiss Yamada at the end of the episode?
Jun 29, 2015 6:02 PM

Mar 2014
Really couldn't ask for a better ending imo. Definitely surpassed any expectations I had for the anime. 8/10
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 29, 2015 6:11 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was quite ok. I liked the way it ended.

All in all though, this anime didn't make the manga justice at all. It's way too rushed, so much character development is skipped and so many funny and sweet scenes are omitted. This could have been so much better, which i think is a bit sad.

Despite the rush it was still enjoyable to see this animated and it had some nice moments.

That being said and also since this manga is one of my favorites, i really have to recommend the manga. So if you found this anime entertaining do yourself a favor, read the manga. Seriously. It's really good.

All in all kind of a weak 7/10 for me.
Shir0zenJun 29, 2015 6:37 PM
Jun 29, 2015 6:43 PM

May 2013
I love how Odagiri covered Yamada's eyes when Leona stripped. And thus, Saionji accepts to join the ceremony.
Glad Saionji can't erase feelings. And also glad we got to see Yamada with Asuka (or at least her body).

And with that, Yamada made his wish and he sort of got a kiss from Shiraishi.
Well, I'm off to read the manga now! See ya!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 29, 2015 11:38 PM

Jun 2014
IZEROII said:
Thai777 said:

Why do you think that?

Because...it's blatantly obvious. And not just because of how it ended. If there was vested interest in this title then it would of adapted more of it's content instead of stream lining the main plot to get to the conclusion in 12 (not even 13) episodes.

I still don't see what the problem with how it ended? And personally I don't think that cramming everything mean that they don't care about it and won't make a second season if the sales are good.
Jun 30, 2015 1:19 AM

Dec 2012
All's well that ends well huh? That kiss (fail) at the end was probably the most romantic one of the entire show. Loved the confession. No mixing words, no shying off, no unnecessary interruptions. Just straight down "I love you."

This series did a great job at shattering my expectations of an average ecchi/harem with its insane premise and hilarious antics. The comedy reminded me of D-Frag and I like how it was able to combine ecchi-tropes with its own fresh breath of fun. Yamada-kun has a colorful cast of characters that meshed well for plenty of crazy hilarity. What's more, I really wasn't expecting a plot so when it started to focus on the lore of the witches that caught me off guard and reeled me in even deeper.

8/10, certainly an enchanting show that put its spell on me through and through.
Jun 30, 2015 4:13 AM

May 2013
Despite the rushing parts, i still enjoyed this anime and yeah, ill read the manga soon. 8/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 30, 2015 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
Good ending, that doesnt feel like an ending. That confession scene and the last moment was really adorable :)

Rushing is the only problem with this anime. 8/10, good so far :)
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

121 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

159 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.