Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2015 11:31 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Sabo is fucking awesome with his abilities against Burgess. I think he really showed up at the right time for Luffy.

Looks like not much time left until the birdcage is closing. 3 minutes left D:
May 20, 2015 11:39 PM

Sep 2014
Nice Zoro cover ^^

So Luffy won't get his haki back till a minute after the cage closes...damn D:

Sabo being baddass as always :D

Oh god, dat Sparkles of lights at the end of the chapter....either Kizaru is coming or the strings are breaking. Cant wait for the next Chapter! >.<

May 21, 2015 12:00 AM

Jun 2011
Haha I've enjoyed the talk between Sabo and Luffy, and also Sabo and Burgess.

Good to see Zoro trying to break the birdcage instead of sitting there doing nothing, too bad he probably can't cut DD's string. Nice to see the colosseum gang back, hmm, couldn't really read what was said there, I wonder what's their role gonna be.

Oh yea, did Sabo just said that he won't have extra hand on him while facing Burgess? Hmm never thought that Burgess would give him that much trouble.

3 minutes until the tomato splats.. 4 minutes before Luffy recovers his strength.. R.I.P. Dressrosa.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 21, 2015 12:34 AM

Dec 2012
A lot happening in this chapter.
Sabo vs Burgess. Sabo is freaking awesome.
Love his smile.
Zoro trying to cut the string and Franky pushing the sea stone factory against the string.
The colosseum gladiators are back.
3 mins unitl the birdcage kills everyone and Luffy has 4 mins until his haki is recovered.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 21, 2015 12:45 AM

Dec 2011
After a great chapter of Naruto, this one is awesome as well and that arc might end in about 10 chapters or less.Sabo is badass and already have the control on Ace power and nice to see all the gladiators back. but will Luffy be able to get his haki back when he need more time....
May 21, 2015 12:51 AM

Oct 2008
so burgess can't use haki !!! good good !!! BAD*SS sabo FTW :D

so 3 min. for closing the birdcage and luffy needs 4 min. !!!! thanks Oda for this short chapter it didn't satisfy me as much as previous chapters !!
May 21, 2015 12:54 AM

Aug 2010
Thank you Oda :D Only 4 minutes out of the 10 is left nice progress ^^

Loved the Sabo and Luffy talk :3

So Burgess is strong enough to keep Sabo at bay huh. Interesting to know I guess.

Zoro being BA and holy shit the tontatta are pushing the factory lol
May 21, 2015 1:01 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty nice progress. *looks at DBZ

That Sabo action was amazing!

Zoro needs to cut that birdcage. Maybe with Fujitora's help.
May 21, 2015 1:08 AM
Jan 2015
Rurushu88 said:

so 3 min. for closing the birdcage and luffy needs 4 min. !!!! thanks Oda for this short chapter it didn't satisfy me as much as previous chapters !!

I don't think so .. Remember when WhiteBeard try to cut Aokiji ? there's probably some more detailed explanation about this case when sometimes Logia seem unaffected to Haki , or probably just because of Haki's strength

Good chapter indeed ,and btw , that flame dragon king fist =.= seems I hv ever heard it , lol . Seriously , sabo , are u Natsu's teacher ? :o
May 21, 2015 1:12 AM

Nov 2009
Rurushu88 said:

Look at the last double page. Burgees is using haki if you look closely .
May 21, 2015 1:21 AM

Mar 2015
Sabo is so awesome :)

Good progress and overall okay chapter.
May 21, 2015 1:26 AM

Sep 2013
The hype and the epicness is real.
Gotta love Sabo with his speech and his smile.
Really awesome to see Zoro doing something about the bird cage.
Time is limited the bird cage is slowly closing.
Luffy is gonna rekt Doflamingo.
Next chapter will probably be the last chapter of this whole fight.
THE HYPEU~~~
May 21, 2015 1:29 AM

Mar 2012
Epic stuff from Sabo! As expected, he's completely occupied with Burgess. Seems like Luffy and Gatz (poor guy getting his name butchered xD) will need some more help distracting Doflamingo for the remaining four minutes. Makes me wonder if Law and "Cabbage" will try to do something.

Haha, and Zoro just doing Zoro things by trying to stop the birdcage. Though I doubt he'll be able to do it alone, he'll probably end up cutting it. Either way, the birdcage needs to be stopped first or else everyone within it is screwed besides Doflamingo.
G_Spark233 said:
^This. Fujitora really needs to do something. Now would definitely be no better time.
May 21, 2015 1:51 AM

Jul 2014
I wonder how Toei will extend those four minutes. :P
May 21, 2015 2:01 AM

Jan 2015
Sabo's so badass too bad we didn't see much of the fight this chapter

I hope Zoro gets some help and cut this Birdcage. Mingo would be so mad lol but i actually think he can't get more pissed of than he's already
May 21, 2015 2:04 AM

Oct 2008
AceIII said:
Rurushu88 said:

Look at the last double page. Burgees is using haki if you look closely .

i think this is his hand armor .... dunno for sure !!!

frankykun13 said:
Rurushu88 said:

I don't think so .. Remember when WhiteBeard try to cut Aokiji ? there's probably some more detailed explanation about this case when sometimes Logia seem unaffected to Haki , or probably just because of Haki's strength

Good chapter indeed ,and btw , that flame dragon king fist =.= seems I hv ever heard it , lol . Seriously , sabo , are u Natsu's teacher ? :o

maybe .... and maybe not .... we still don't know all DF powers untill now !! but what made me say that burgess do not have haki that sabo still new to DF usage so I don't think he is in Aokiji's level of using the DF ....
May 21, 2015 2:06 AM

Oct 2008
BlackHawk0 said:
I wonder how Toei will extend those four minutes. :P

40 episodes maybe LOL
Rurushu88May 21, 2015 2:25 AM
May 21, 2015 2:28 AM

Oct 2013
Actually, I thought Sabo would one-shot Burgess.
May 21, 2015 3:12 AM

Jun 2013
Sabo is awesome. Looks like they don't have much time.
May 21, 2015 3:16 AM
May 2014
Rurushu88 said:
maybe .... and maybe not .... we still don't know all DF powers untill now !! but what made me say that burgess do not have haki that sabo still new to DF usage so I don't think he is in Aokiji's level of using the DF ....

I think Sabo just dodged Burgess's first attack by turning into his element
May 21, 2015 3:26 AM

Mar 2015
Can't wait until Luffy recovers and fight Doffy.
May 21, 2015 3:48 AM

Oct 2008
Jayns said:
Rurushu88 said:

I think Sabo just dodged Burgess's first attack by turning into his element

He maybe wouldn't be able to dodge it IF burgess could use haki because sabo is still new for DFs
May 21, 2015 4:10 AM

May 2014
I think we are agree that Doflamingo > Luffy

Such a great villian is going to be down!
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
May 21, 2015 5:06 AM

Nov 2008
XPwnDEnd said:
Epic stuff from Sabo! As expected, he's completely occupied with Burgess. Seems like Luffy and Gatz (poor guy getting his name butchered xD) will need some more help distracting Doflamingo for the remaining four minutes. Makes me wonder if Law and "Cabbage" will try to do something.

Haha, and Zoro just doing Zoro things by trying to stop the birdcage. Though I doubt he'll be able to do it alone, he'll probably end up cutting it. Either way, the birdcage needs to be stopped first or else everyone within it is screwed besides Doflamingo.
G_Spark233 said:
^This. Fujitora really needs to do something. Now would definitely be no better time.

Fujitora has turned into a big a-hole in this arc. He showed early on that he could cut Doflamingo's strings, but he hasn't done so for anyone else but himself, and he won't do squat about the birdcage. He has turned out to be as worthless as Smoker...
dbaranyiMay 21, 2015 5:09 AM
May 21, 2015 6:12 AM

Aug 2008
kakoa1234 said:
I think we are agree that Doflamingo > Luffy

Such a great villian is going to be down!

Consider that even with Law's help Luffy still struggle, yeah.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 21, 2015 6:15 AM

Nov 2014
Hmmm... I hope burgees gets rekt! Sabo giving us that sweet smile and Ace is still with them. Plus those Katz and Batz moment were hilarious, takes us back in time (T_T) trolololol. So Mancherry was put into good use with the revival of the Colo fighters and awesome to see Bartoloko there with the gang.
Seems like Robin-chwaan is keeping tabs on what Zoro is doing. Dofla is pissed so I hope things will get finished soon.

Does the Title foreshadow something next chapter? Before 4 minutes. imo its just they have to get things done before 4mins.
May 21, 2015 6:21 AM
Sep 2012
So down to 4 minutes already, things moved faster than I thought. Anyone let's see what Zoro can go against Birdcage, looks like Sado's fight is over before it begun.

And lastly Luffy, looks like he better one shot Doflamingo when he recovers, because the timer on when he recovers and one birdcage an pretty much the same.
May 21, 2015 6:35 AM

Jun 2014
lots of things happening at once, but still nothing is even close to finishing.

May 21, 2015 6:48 AM

Mar 2014
Sabo, The Revolutionaries' Second !!
4 minutes 'till the Resolution !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2015 7:10 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
I wonder how Luffy will save the day now?

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
May 21, 2015 7:14 AM
Jun 2014
What was Fujitora looking up at in the end of that chapter?
May 21, 2015 8:50 AM

Dec 2009
3 minutes until Namek explodes!
May 21, 2015 10:50 AM

Sep 2013
Chapter 787?
787 backwards is 787?!
Oda’s amazing foreshadowing skills like always.

Bartolomeo looking good :)
May 21, 2015 11:00 AM
Sep 2014
Dahkra said:
What was Fujitora looking up at in the end of that chapter?

There were some dots in the sky and since it was Fujitora looking up I thought those are maybe meteorites? I don't know why he would make meteorites rain in this exact moment, but that's what it seemed like to me...
This was a great chapter! I really liked the last page where King Riku and his people are crying in pain and asking Doflamingo to stop the madness. Those were very emotional panels.
Those 10 minutes are now reduced to 4 in just one chapter? I'm impressed, Oda!
I just hope those next 3 minutes they have until the birdcage completely encloses them won't go for more than two chapters... Please, I want this arc to end. Well, it seems it will end within the next 5 chapters or so, so I'm good ^^
Can't wait to see the rest of the crew back at the Sunny too, I miss them </3

May 21, 2015 11:03 AM
Oct 2013
ninkendo said:
3 minutes until Namek explodes!

5 Episodes later.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

What what´s happening? What is this? This power?

12 episodes later AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
May 21, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
Come on Sabo, stop playing with Burgess. Just one shot this scum mofo.
And Zoro you, you should just cut the fucking cage, you are a monster, don't just push.
May 21, 2015 12:13 PM

Aug 2014
Lets review some of that is happening right now :
1. Sabo vs Burgess who wins? of course we know the answer
2. Doffy is pissed like someone loses their 100 billion bank account
3. Gatz has many new names (forgot already)
4. The collosseum normal warrior is getting slaughtered
5. The collosseum strong gank is up to something
6. Zorro is just doing Zorro things (BA)
7. Birdcage time is almost up and finally the last one
8. That sparkles of light that Fujitora saw???
May 21, 2015 1:00 PM

Mar 2014
_Kuuhaku_ said:

Good point. I was wondering what that meant as well. Thought i was the only one who saw it cause no one had talked about it yet lol
May 21, 2015 1:25 PM
Oct 2013
Thiago_0107 said:
_Kuuhaku_ said:

Good point. I was wondering what that meant as well. Thought i was the only one who saw it cause no one had talked about it yet lol

Actually I didn´t think that´s noteworthy to me it looks just like he´throwing meteors at it.
It´s not surprising that they do nothing because it´s likely that he´s trying to gage the necessary power for it, therefore he doesn´t bring a big one down.

Anyway what dissapoints me and what I found fishy about this chapter is that apparently no one is capable of destroying the Birdcage. And if Zorro and Fuji are capable I do not understand why they fuck around instead of just doing it. Yes some need the fake tension, but it´s still fake tension.

I mean even if the solution is to beat Doffy, does Fuji wait for Luffy to do his job and if he fails, then he´s gonna move. Kinda makes sense, yet it doesn´t explain why he´s incapeable of destroying the Birdcage.
May 21, 2015 1:33 PM

Mar 2011

Actually I think it has already been explained. Logia users turn automatically in their respective element against non haki attacks, but they can also do it at will to evade a full-haki attack. So it's more a question of observation haki rather than armament haki

That page with Doflamingo going all berserk , bodies hanging from his string....hot damn
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
May 21, 2015 3:07 PM

Aug 2014
I'm hoping Sabo wrecks the shit out of Burgess.
May 21, 2015 9:21 PM

Apr 2014
am I just being too smart or what?
If the Factory won't get cut by the birdcage, why don't they just hide inside it?
May 21, 2015 10:56 PM
Jan 2015
tr1ckst3r said:
If the Factory won't get cut by the birdcage, why don't they just hide inside it?

*mindblow* Good idea man !!
May 22, 2015 12:51 AM
Oct 2013
tr1ckst3r said:

Why not jump into the underground hole where Barto and co crawled out.
You can blame panic for it, but oh well Rebecca should bring up that idea to Riku, but it´s Rebecca.
May 22, 2015 1:16 AM

Sep 2014
tr1ckst3r said:

give this man a medal :o
May 22, 2015 1:25 AM

Jun 2011
tr1ckst3r said:
Someone mentioned this chapters ago, but thinking about it, how would the whole citizen of Dressrosa fit into the factory?

Isterio said:
Pretty sure those strings are rooted in the ground.
May 22, 2015 2:44 AM
Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:

Isterio said:
Pretty sure those strings are rooted in the ground.

There are like a million excuses I can come up with, all of them are kinda legit so who cares which one we pick. The point still stands. Why doesn´t Fuji make a move or why doesn´t Zorro cut that shit down.

There is one excuse I found to be leigit, it´s the nature ofthe Birdcage to be indestructable and the only way to stop it is Luffy must beat Doffy. That would explain why Fuji isn´t moving since he would have to attack Doffy which he wants to avoid.

Anything else like it´s too strong, or it has Haki embeded in it, I call bullshit on that. If Zorro is incapable Fuji should be able to tear that shit up
May 22, 2015 4:45 AM

Jun 2011
Isterio said:
There are like a million excuses I can come up with, all of them are kinda legit so who cares which one we pick. The point still stands. Why doesn´t Fuji make a move or why doesn´t Zorro cut that shit down.

There is one excuse I found to be leigit, it´s the nature ofthe Birdcage to be indestructable and the only way to stop it is Luffy must beat Doffy. That would explain why Fuji isn´t moving since he would have to attack Doffy which he wants to avoid.

Anything else like it´s too strong, or it has Haki embeded in it, I call bullshit on that. If Zorro is incapable Fuji should be able to tear that shit up
Zoro was shown to not be capable of bringing down the birdcage in the chapter.

Fuji's case was debatable, I think he did said that he won't stop what DD was trying to do, but yes, I would like him to actually do something instead of just saving the civilians.

The only fully legit one right now is Sabo. He could have tried to bring down the birdcage, but he didn't, which is imo a PIS, unless it was hinted that he tried but couldn't do a thing to it.

Another legit one is, Zoro should have went to aid Luffy in taking down DD, but we all know how the usual goes. Unless, Zoro is in fact a tier below Luffy and DD, just like Sanji.
May 22, 2015 5:03 AM
Oct 2013
[quote=ToG25thBaam]
Isterio said:

Zoro was shown to not be capable of bringing down the birdcage in the chapter.
Nvm that, I do not have a problem with scaling Zorro down a little, I´m not a fan of it but it´s reasonable

Fuji's case was debatable, I think he did said that he won't stop what DD was trying to do, but yes, I would like him to actually do something instead of just saving the civilians.
Which civilians does he save? None , he did jack shit because of CIS or plot covenience. He just doesn´t do anything, if it wasn´t for King Rikku calling out to his people that Granny would have died, don´t tell me Fuji would have jumped there heroicly to save her, which makes his character stink.

The only fully legit one right now is Sabo. He could have tried to bring down the birdcage, but he didn't, which is imo a PIS, unless it was hinted that he tried but couldn't do a thing to it.
I do agree on this but I think in Sabo´s case it´s more reliance on Luffy, "little bro will fix it I´ll believe in him Fujitora has not such an excuse.

Another legit one is, Zoro should have went to aid Luffy in taking down DD, but we all know how the usual goes. Unless, Zoro is in fact a tier below Luffy and DD, just like Sanji.
Completely disagree with this and I do not understand why you do point this out. since Fishman island it should be clear what faith Zorro has in his captain and that he never would interrupt one of his fights. This is the opposite of the character we know Zorro to be. I do not understand how someone like you missed out on that, did you just forgott about Punk Hazard and Fishman Island? What you propose here is like making Luffy like women, which could be justfieable but totally out of character.

The only logical scenario would be that Luffy get´s defeated and Zorro substitutes but that would mean that he´ll leave the crew since his captain would have proven to be unreliable
IsterioMay 22, 2015 5:09 AM
May 22, 2015 5:14 AM

Nov 2012
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Today, 4:20 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.