Forum Settings
Forums

Muv-Luv Alternative 'Schwarzesmarken' Anime Adaptation Announced

New
May 20, 2015 3:23 PM

Nov 2011
An announcement on the Age Soft official website revealed that the light novel spin-off of the Muv-Luv franchise titled Schwarzesmarken will receive an anime adaptation. The adaptation of the novel will premiere this Fall.

Schwarzesmarken is written by Hiroki Uchida and Kouki Yoshimune, and illustrated by Carnelian. The novel series started its serialization in Tech Gian in November 2010 up until March 2014. The series completed at seven volumes, with a total of 42 chapters.

Synopsis
The story follows the East German Army's 666th TSF Squadron in its battles and political conflicts during the BETA's westward push in 1983.

The East German Army 666th TSF Squadron "Schwarzesmarken" (Black Marks) is a special forces unit tasked with assaulting BETA forces using unconventional tactics; specifically, they target Lux and Magnus Lux to deny the BETA the advantage of ranged firepower. Their orders are given the topmost priority, such that it is common practice for the 666th to ignore allied distress calls that will result in deviation from their original mission, even if only for a short moment. (Source: Baka-Tsuki)

Source: Otakomu

Schwarzesmarken on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 11, 2016 6:04 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2015 3:28 PM

May 2012
Hopefully this wont be as bad as the other muv luv anime.
May 20, 2015 3:30 PM

Mar 2008
May 20, 2015 3:37 PM

Sep 2009
more Muv-Luv is always welcome.
May 20, 2015 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
Trilogy anime never. Although that's most likely a good thing.
May 20, 2015 3:44 PM

Nov 2011
Maybe this will be a 2 cour like Total Eclipse? Hmm...

Anyways, it premieres Fall so I expect more info in the weeks or months to come.
May 20, 2015 3:55 PM
Mar 2012
More spin-off adaptions and no Extra, Unlimited, or Alternative adaptions in sight lol. Taking on the main series is downright masochistic for those that will adapt it. I'm somewhat glad the trilogy isn't getting an anime adaption, it is guaranteed to get butchered.

Schwarzesmarken will also be receiving multiple visual novel adaptions, more info and CGs here: http://www.age-soft.co.jp/Product/sm/
May 20, 2015 4:19 PM

Nov 2012
LastChapter said:
More spin-off adaptions and no Extra, Unlimited, or Alternative adaptions in sight lol. Taking on the main series is downright masochistic for those that will adapt it. I'm somewhat glad the trilogy isn't getting an anime adaption, it is guaranteed to get butchered.

Schwarzesmarken will also be receiving multiple visual novel adaptions, more info and CGs here: http://www.age-soft.co.jp/Product/sm/

I don't think adapting the original series would be that bad with selective editing. My biggest worry is that they would do Extra and Unlimited together in 12 episodes and then Alternative in another 12.
May 20, 2015 4:24 PM

Apr 2012
weird pseudo german :-P
May 20, 2015 4:26 PM
Mar 2015
tv or ova?
was the format mentioned?
May 20, 2015 4:32 PM

Jan 2013
They should at least try to get the title right. Schwarzesmarken isn't even a fking proper german word for gods sake. They apparently don't seem to care. Just slap some random words together and call it a day.
May 20, 2015 5:14 PM

Nov 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:
They should at least try to get the title right. Schwarzesmarken isn't even a fking proper german word for gods sake. They apparently don't seem to care. Just slap some random words together and call it a day.

Did you even read the description? It's their team name, it doesn't have to make grammatical sense. Your complaint is the same as if I started saying that "ThunderCats" isn't an English word and got mad about it.
ArkXMay 20, 2015 5:17 PM
May 20, 2015 5:37 PM

Nov 2013
So to those who are well informed about the series, is it okay to watch this without reading the original VN trilogy? Or will I be spoiled/not understand anything?
May 20, 2015 5:38 PM

Nov 2012
GARBrotato said:
So to those who are well informed about the series, is it okay to watch this without reading the original VN trilogy? Or will I be spoiled/not understand anything?

It's possible that one of the biggest twists has already been spoiled. If you really want to play the VN someday then it's better to just never look at anything related to the series.
May 20, 2015 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
Still waiting for the Alternative adaption.. which will never happen I know ;__;
May 20, 2015 5:40 PM

Sep 2011
Whenever I see these shows that have all these super German names and characters I cringe. It's bad enough to hear Japs butcher English, it's even worse when they do it in German. Often times they can't even pronounce the names, but I digress.

Looks okay, I don't think I've ever seen anything from the Muv-Luv franchise. Might watch.
May 20, 2015 5:41 PM
Aug 2012
Fullmetal89 said:
It's bad enough to hear Japs butcher English, it's even worse when they do it in German.
Why is that?
May 20, 2015 6:55 PM

Aug 2014
Hopefully it's not shit like the last one...
May 20, 2015 6:57 PM

Nov 2013
arkv said:
GARBrotato said:

It's possible that one of the biggest twists has already been spoiled. If you really want to play the VN someday then it's better to just never look at anything related to the series.
Has already been spoiled? o.O

I have not read the synopsis yet, if that's where the spoiler is then I won't read it- thanks. Yes I do plan on reading the VN someday.
May 20, 2015 7:09 PM

May 2013
> 'Schwarzesmarken'

That's not a fucking word. I hate Japan.

Still need to watch the first season, though. Should get to it.

May 20, 2015 7:12 PM

Apr 2010
Ventris said:
> 'Schwarzesmarken'

It's a team name. It doesn't need to be a word. Common sense pls.
May 20, 2015 7:14 PM

Jul 2012
Well my reply was deleted. I guess I can understand why though, just a reaction image isn't much of a reply.

Let's make this longer then. No one asked for this, that German-esque word isn't a word, and why is this even happening.

The only reason I finished season one was because I don't love myself enough and wanted to get it off my dropped list. Stupid reason, I know, but I think it's worth having that "Go ahead and drop me!" achievement. Either way, screw this. Or, to put my thoughts in more accurately:
May 20, 2015 7:19 PM

May 2013
Solkiskey said:
Ventris said:
> 'Schwarzesmarken'

Yes, it needs to be a German word if it's a German army unit. People usually don't name their teams after random letter combinations. It's also really obvious what they meant to say, so this is just (another) case of the author being too lazy to google a correct translation.

May 20, 2015 7:20 PM

Apr 2010
ihateeveryone said:
Well my reply was deleted. I guess I can understand why though, just a reaction image isn't much of a reply.

Let's make this longer then. No one asked for this, that German-esque word isn't a word, and why is this even happening.

The only reason I finished season one was because I don't love myself enough and wanted to get it off my dropped list. Stupid reason, I know, but I think it's worth having that "Go ahead and drop me!" achievement. Either way, screw this. Or, to put my thoughts in more accurately:

Why are you complaining that it's not a word? It's a team name, it does not need to be a word.

I'm also fully expecting this to suck-- only the original Muv Luv trilogy has been amazing. TE was a huge disappointment.

Though I've heard Schwarzesmarken isn't a shitty soap opera like TE and is actually more like Muv-Luv Alternative... so we'll see.
May 20, 2015 7:51 PM

Sep 2013
Hope it's better than total eclipse :)
I want more BETA and less drama :(
May 20, 2015 8:03 PM

Mar 2012
i bet 1 Billion Dollars that this anime adaptation will suck like in every VN adaptation ever.

mark my words.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
May 20, 2015 8:34 PM

Feb 2008
Time to finish reading the light novels before the anime kids jump onto it.
May 20, 2015 9:06 PM
Mar 2015
komic said:
more Muv-Luv is always welcome.
May 20, 2015 10:05 PM

Sep 2013
Well, why not. Alternative is pretty cool
May 20, 2015 10:59 PM

Aug 2014
Still no trilogy adaptation... ಠ︵ಠ, either way can't wait.

ProfileAniოe List言わぬが花Man₲a List
May 20, 2015 11:24 PM

Oct 2009
Kinda bothers me that they won't touch the original trilogy... I guess that's not a bad thing, but I'm kind of tired of spin-off adaptations.
May 20, 2015 11:29 PM
Sep 2010
GARBrotato said:

Technically speaking, Alternative/Schwarzesmarken's premise itself is already a spoiler, it's unavoidable, so don't worry too much about it. I think it's fine to watch this without reading the VN, though it'd be better if you read the VN first.

Loli-Sazanami said:
i bet 1 Billion Dollars that this anime adaptation will suck like in every VN adaptation ever.

Schwarzesmarken isn't a VN.
FighbirdMay 21, 2015 1:29 AM
May 20, 2015 11:42 PM

Apr 2011
I bet they all die in the end.
MagitoMay 22, 2015 3:13 AM
May 21, 2015 12:42 AM

Mar 2015
Ah that's cool will watch it.
May 21, 2015 12:47 AM

Jan 2012
Hmmm , I hope it's not a piece of dung like the previous Muv-Luv adaption.

I also just hope a good studio actually adapts this unlike the previous one.
May 21, 2015 12:55 AM

Jul 2013
G- g- goddammit, I looked at the title and thought it was an adaptation of the VN, but alas, it wasn just that of some light novel~

;_________________________________;

Trilogy anime when? Well, I guess it's for the best so it's not butchered or anything...

Total Eclipse was utterly horrible.

GARBrotato said:
arkv said:

Has already been spoiled? o.O

I have not read the synopsis yet, if that's where the spoiler is then I won't read it- thanks. Yes I do plan on reading the VN someday.

Do it then, Brotato-kun, and don't bother yourself with this anime once you've finished one of the greatest VNs of all time~

arkv said:
LastChapter said:

I don't think adapting the original series would be that bad with selective editing. My biggest worry is that they would do Extra and Unlimited together in 12 episodes and then Alternative in another 12.

Well, I wouldn't mind if they did Extra and Unlimited together in one 12-episode series (I mean, Extra is downright unbearable...) but they have to do Alternative in 24 episodes if they ever indeed do it ;v;

May 21, 2015 1:40 AM

Dec 2007
Just waiting for the trilogy announcement and gonna continue to ignore all this bullshit sequel anime.

Ventris said:
Solkiskey said:

Yes, it needs to be a German word if it's a German army unit. People usually don't name their teams after random letter combinations. It's also really obvious what they meant to say, so this is just (another) case of the author being too lazy to google a correct translation.

No, team names are often two words put together, and putting them together often doesn't make one word in itself. Even bablefish translates it to something ok (Black marks) so I see no reason to complain about the word. And if it's obvious what they meant to say that means i'ts legible in some way, therefore its not just 'random letter combinations' as you imply it to be. Therefore it is 'proper' enough German. Therefore, calm down with the hate.
KetuekigamiMay 21, 2015 2:06 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2015 2:35 AM
Sep 2010
Total Eclipse was written by original creator Yoshimune Kouki and it sucked... well, unless you're implying the original VNs sucked too. I'm not expecting too much from Schwarzesmarken but I hope it is at least decently animated. Let's hope a competent studio is in charge of this.
FighbirdMay 21, 2015 2:42 AM
May 21, 2015 2:38 AM
May 2013
I cannot contain my hype .
I hope it will be a TV series with at least 20 episodes . Meanwhile I should grab the novel .
Fighbird said:

Schwarzesmarken isn't a VN.
It will be soon enough https://vndb.org/v14910
May 21, 2015 2:40 AM
Sep 2010
I know, but it isn't the source material.
May 21, 2015 3:00 AM

Mar 2009
Guess they decided to go the safe way and adapt the spinoffs instead of the main series since they'd have to pass a high expectation barrier if they ever attempt it...
May 21, 2015 3:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
after TE I have a hard time being hyped for this
May 21, 2015 3:04 AM
Sep 2010
Mecasonic said:
Yoshimune Kouki is only listed as 原作 (Original Creator) for Schwarzesmarken so I assume he is not involved with the actual writing.
And yes, I'm definitely implying that the original VNs sucked too.

Yeah okay. I misinterpreted your message as "since Schwarz isn't written by the original creator it might suck".
May 21, 2015 3:09 AM

Aug 2012
Mecasonic said:
And yes, I'm definitely implying that the original VNs sucked too.

I completely disagree, but if that's how you saw it, I can't do anything about that.
May 21, 2015 3:21 AM

Aug 2013
inb4 its as shit as eclipse
huh
May 21, 2015 5:58 AM

Jan 2013
arkv said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

Did you even read the description? It's their team name, it doesn't have to make grammatical sense. Your complaint is the same as if I started saying that "ThunderCats" isn't an English word and got mad about it.

ThunderCats works fine grammatically. Put a spacebar between the two and you've got a perfectly fine term for e.g. a team. Schwarzes Marken can in no way shape or form be used in this conjunction.
One shouldn't use neologism for coming up with a team name.
May 21, 2015 6:32 AM
Sep 2010
I heard they actually addressed the name issue in the novel, some Russian dude with bad German gave them that name. I guess Age realized their mistake.
May 21, 2015 6:35 AM

Jan 2013
Fighbird said:
I heard they actually addressed the name issue in the novel, some Russian dude with bad German gave them that name. I guess Age realized their mistake.

Oh well so they know their team name is wrong. That's one way to go about it
May 21, 2015 7:28 AM

Aug 2013
The 2012 Muv Luv was so bad in unsatisfying manner. It's got mecha and some interesting conflicts yet the characters' interactions and the plot surrounding them felt so flat i nearly lost my patience halfway through. I was initially pinning my hope on the love triangle aspect, hoping it would be creating lots of tension, and it just didn't happen. Even the soundtrack and both OP songs nearly made me fall asleep. It basically lacked sheer bombast and craziness that makes mecha anime so appealing for me.
May 21, 2015 7:37 AM
Mar 2014
I hope this is good and not TE level

arkv said:

Yoshimune said that he wanted a cour for extra,a cour for unlimited, a cour for first half of Alternative and a three movies for the rest
He also said that this is unlikely to happen
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.