Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2015 10:18 AM
Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
...Rin sleeps with her pants on, apparently, but it's still a great look for her! I guess Sumire finally got things figured out at the end, so is it possible that we're finally getting into the main storyline of the season?

Tutu Ballerina seems to be arranged to perfectly fit the duo's (relatively) lower voices, by the way. It's nice.
Apr 26, 2015 5:15 PM

Jan 2012
Man! Sumire managed to stay well under the radar for me - until this very episode. Everything just clicked all at once, and now I'm completely entranced in her aura. Tutu Ballerina is a fabulous song.

One of these days, Juri and Sumire need to bring together the fire and ice! Also, Hinaki and Madoka are shaping up to be some fun supporting personalities. Once again is there a reference made to the DreAca elite, yet none of them are anywhere to be seen since 2Wings took down WM...
Apr 27, 2015 1:25 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Tutu Ballerina looks stunning when Sumire performed it on stage! Now what I can't wait to see is Sumire and Rin performing it together.

It was a funny running gag with Johnny-sensei yelling "NO, da!!" to Rin's willingness to perform despite the sprained ankle. He even did it in text in a funny style. xD Apparently he can even read minds too.
Apr 27, 2015 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
Jonny was just over the top today
Apr 28, 2015 12:13 AM

Jan 2012
Johnny's way with words, whether English or Japanese, is unparalleled. He's certainly on his game, although I'm still not used to seeing him in red.
May 4, 2015 12:13 PM

Oct 2011
so... we had Tutu Ballerina as performance and than also as ending? I don't mind :D actually it could also be opening as I love this song.

Johnny-sensei was great. also fact that he made Rin stop was nice to see.

and finally Sumire... oh my, wouldn't it be nice if she was main character instead of Akari? for some reason she does remind me of Mizuki - knows what she wants to do, how and is able to inspire others.
Aug 21, 2015 8:00 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Funny how Mizuki was working over at DreAca, yet fast forward some months later and DreAca is nowhere to be seen. Well except for Seira because well she was in the top 5 last time they showed the rankings.

Anyway, Sumire went all out here. Held her own after Rin hurt herself. Pretty much doing double duty. Sumire's outfit was fantastic. I loved how simple yet elegant it looked. Purple sure goes well on her.

First time seeing Bepp-sensei getting serious. Raised his tone after Rin said she wanted to dance. It was fun to see Bepp-sensei appear randomly whenever Rin said dance.

Also, nice history lesson here. They showed all the units formed which imo was a nice thing they did. It makes units seem even bigger. The only unit we never got to officially see was Ichigo/Aoi. Instead we got Ichigo/Seira.

Madoka is also becoming a great supporting character. Just like Hinaki is for Sumire, Madoka also is for Rin.

We sure have some great supporting characters.
- Aoi to Ichigo
- Kii to Seira
- Madoka to Rin
- Hinaki to Sumire

Aug 26, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2007
Was a nice episode. I liked it. What I wanted to see was Rin and Sumire dancing together. But talking about Sumire, I like her solo performance and the song. The song is better with her than with the ED credits.
Sep 22, 2015 7:31 AM

Apr 2011
Good singing. Nice tutu ballerina
Nov 30, 2015 2:35 PM
Aug 2012
It was cool performance, it was the first time I've seen an idol using a mic-just impressed me that it was all about singing only
Apr 30, 2018 10:02 AM

Jul 2015
Sumire and Rin forming an unit! That's not something I expected.

Rin pressured herself so much to not disappoint the expectations that she got a small injury, I laughed so hard in the comedy part with Johnny saying NO whenever she thought of dancing xDDD

Sumire really grew as a character thanks to everyone around her and she didn't give up with the idea of both being together, her performance clearly showed those feelings, great episode!
Dec 17, 2018 6:39 PM

Jul 2017
Damn! this episode more than made up for the last couple of episodes this season.

That face from madoka is everything.

Sep 15, 2021 11:55 AM

Feb 2020
Excellent episode. Sumire and Rin are a super cool idol unit!

It was fun when Johnny yelled "NO!" whenever Rin thought of dancing. xD

SerafosMar 2, 9:04 AM
Oct 2, 2021 3:45 PM

Nov 2012

Something about the effects and lighting of Sumire's performance felt different this episode.
Dec 5, 2023 6:23 AM
Dec 2023
Omg this episode was such a treat

Not only did we get best girl Rin, but her and Sumire are forming a unit, so that's gonna smack <3 Too bad Rin hurt herself, but we did get a Tutu Ballerina solo from Sumire and she killed it so I'm not complaining

Johnny is such a good teacher tho, like he was very clearly concerned about Rin and was doing everything he could so she wouldn't dance, people in this world need to be more like Johnny tbh

Looking forward to Dancing Diva!
Feb 8, 11:39 PM

May 2019
Great Sumire episode. She has grown a lot since her first debut in the third season. Slowly breaking out from her shell, growing more confidence and make a unit. The way she came to Rin's class announcing new unit formation sounds like a love proposal. Sumire's performance on Tutu Ballerina was so dazzling. Johnny warning to Rin for no dancing is hilarious. I really love the approach for slow character progression like this. It feels natural and not rushed like in the second season.
VivaceRexFeb 8, 11:44 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 79 Discussion

billybob300c - Apr 24, 2014

18 by aloradear »»
Yesterday, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.