New
Pages (75) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
May 29, 2016 6:17 AM

Sep 2012
Digital Devil Saga 2 - 7.5/10

Great characters and atmosphere.
Well writen and emotional story.
Good gameplay.

Definitely better than the first game. My problems with it is the Devour mechanic, since it kind of enforces grinding to get more skills and can ultimately make some bosses a cakewalk if you go for their weak elements (or kind of hard if you haven't spend money on those expecific skills), certain difficulty curves for story reasons since you have to use weaker characters that you may have not leveled up or got new Mantras for (something that was done pretty well in the first game) and the finale, which apparently was writen by another person.

Overall, though, is was a pretty good experience and probably my favorite SMT game after Nocturne and Strange Journey.
May 29, 2016 7:06 AM
Nov 2014
It was good But nothing amazing
Db xenoverase 7/10
May 29, 2016 7:19 PM

May 2016
I never get to talk to other gamers so this is a last of the last few games I have finished. I hope no one minds I am listing a few. If so I am sorry.

Dark Souls 3 10/10 exactly what I was hoping for. Been a souls fan since Demon Souls

I got a WoW legion beta invite in the first wave. I have completed most of the current content on 2 classes and it seems like the best expansion since wotlk 8/10

Endless Legend Shifters Expansion 9/10

Divinity Original Sin 10/10

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 10/10 some of the best games I have ever played. Got em in a steam sale for like $4
May 30, 2016 1:49 PM

Nov 2012
Forest of Drizzling Rain 6/10
I enjoyed the story and liked the characters, but the gameplay was lacking. Some of the puzzles were badly designed.

Fantasy Maiden's Odd Hideout 4/10
God awful "puzzles" and boring slow dialogue. I liked the idea behind this game, but it was poorly executed. I couldn't enjoy this game because the gameplay sucked so much.

Misao 9/10
For what seemed like a generic school horror tale, this game did a really good job with the story, characters, and gameplay.

Hmm... what's the next RPGMaker horror game for me to try?
May 30, 2016 1:56 PM

Feb 2016
Uncharted 4 9.5/10 loved the game.
May 30, 2016 2:02 PM
May 2016
Naruto ultimate ninja storm collection: NUNS 7/10, NSUNS 2 5/10, NSUNS 3 8/10
Jun 1, 2016 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
Hyper Light Drifter - 8/10

Great atmosphere, graphics and gameplay, though I would have liked more types of levels (like a bigger world, overall, as seen on one of the original concept arts), and more sword tecniques, instead of 6 guns. The story was also really interesting, especially since most of it comes from exploration, thinking and deciphering the language of the Librarians. I like these kinds of things (like in Fez). There are quite a lot of intriguing theories.
I hope they make a sequel someday.
Jun 4, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2015
Momodora: Reverie under the Moonlight 8/10
Graphics and animations were really good. I wish the game was longer.
Jun 4, 2016 2:39 PM

Aug 2014
Hotline Miami 2. 6/10

Man, what a disappointment. After playing the first few missions I expected it to be at least on par with Hotline Miami, but as I continued playing I realized how much worse it was.

First of all, the level design. The good thing about it is that there is some variety to the environments. Most of the levels in the first game were ordinary houses/mansions. HM2 is filled with beaches, houses, bars, night clubs etc. Unfortunately, they're way too fucking big, and big levels don't exactly work with what games like HM are trying to achieve. It gets even worse when you realize most of the levels not only have large environments, but also consist of up to 3 sequences, further adding to the tedium. The fact that they're crawling with enemies, most of which are armed with guns doesn't help it at all, and there lies another problem. There's just an overabundance of guns and it's absolutely not fun to play around them, especially not with how the enemy AI works. Another tedious thing about the levels is that they're filled with windows, even in places where it isn't practical to have a window. Levels in HM could be completed in minutes, whereas in HM2, I completed the penultimate level in a whopping 2 hours, and a couple of others took me around 1 up to 1 and a half hour. I barely had any fun in the last third of the game. The last level was great though.

Anyway, about the AI. It's absolutely disgusting. The moment you walk inside a room, if an armed enemy is a few meters away, they'll immediately turn around and you get instakilled, EVEN when they have their backs turned against you. This happens most of the time, and I'm saying that because it can be incredibly inconsistent. Enemies can also see farther than you can, and due to the large nature of the environments, the instance when you can get killed by an enemy that is off-screen happens very often and it can get extremely annoying. HM has these as well problems too but they're far less noticeable because levels were tight and small. I can point out to only a single instance where you can get killed by an enemy that you can't see (without it being your fault in the first place) and that's in one of the bonus levels with the biker. It's extremely hard to play HM2 and not be forced to cheese it, and I can guarantee you that that's what most people did.

Story. It was serviceable. Honestly, HM is a game that didn't really need to be expanded upon, because HM wasn't about the story in the first place. I would've been perfectly fine if the unanswered questions remained unanswered. One thing to note is that the story progression is Tarantino-esque and that makes it hard to follow, so I'd suggest you to search for a timeline explanation on the Internet if you don't feel like replaying the game a couple of times just to get a basic grasp of what's going on.

Atmosphere. Hotline Miami felt like an acid trip, and that's one of the things I liked most about it. In HM2, the trippy atmosphere was replaced with... nothing actually. Not necessarily a bad thing, it actually works in the context of HM2 because it aims to give an objective explanation about what happened before and after the events of HM.

Soundtrack. As you can expect from a Hotline Miami game, it's fantastic, although I found the soundtrack of the first one to be more memorable and atmospheric. It really reinforced the trippy atmosphere in the first one.

Graphics. They're pretty much the same, although I found the blood splatters in the first one to be better done... does that even make sense?

Final thoughts. HM2 was a game that could've been better than the first one, but due to some jarring mistakes by the dev team, suffers from serious problems that unfortunately make the game, for me, not fun. HM is a game that I will be revisiting many times, but I cannot say the same about HM2.

That's all. Sorry for the wall'o'text, these thoughts are fresh in my mind and I wanted to write them down before I forget everything.
VoidlingJun 4, 2016 2:46 PM
Jun 4, 2016 3:52 PM

Sep 2012
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus - 5/10

Mediocre story and fanservice.
Lackluster and one-dimensional characterization
Decent length and replay value
Good at best, alright at worst combat system.

It was an acceptable time waster. The girls are pretty hot and so are their outfits, but the way the fanservice works (a couple of clothes get destroyed after you do damage) is terrible and breaks the pacing of the gameplay. The plot is simple and doesn't take itself too seriously for the most part, is just silly for the sake of being silly. The characters are pretty much cliches and archetypes (the pervert, the hardworking girl, stalker, nerd, creepy girl...) so you will eventually find someone you like there, but even the Crimson Squad, which is somewhat the most developed lacks depth, so don't expect too much.

The game is around 20-30 hours or so, so it's pretty long. You can increase the difficulty of scenarious you've already played once you beat the game to get the characters you like to lvl 50 easily or to challenge yourself, so is not that bad. The combat can be repetitive, but if you get the girls with the best/faster movesets or that work in an unique and effective manner in the three different stages (Yin, Yang, Flash) it can be pretty fun to play. The problem is that, since story missions have a certain character locked in, you will eventually have to play through some of them with characters you don't really want, so is a shame.

Overall, a repetitive fanservice game that lacks depth and polish, but that can be fun for a while if you find a character that you like playing as.
Jun 4, 2016 4:24 PM

Dec 2012
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 9.5/10
Date Finished: Today

I couldn't get it into on my first play through, but over 2 years later I came back and instantly fell in love. An incredibly addicting pirate adventure, it's another example of how the franchise has continued to evolve in all of the right directions. The open world sailing was a very unique choice, I'm usually not a big fan of vehicle roaming but being able to sail the seas on a pirate ship was thrilling. Plundering lost treasure, exploring uncharted islands, and sinking fleets made it one of my favorite activities in the game.

Edward Kenway is a very fresh and fun character, I actually like the angle they took with him. His growth was all the more compelling and his tale managed to be both tragic and uplifting. I nearly cried on the epilogue, just too beautiful for words.

The only real setback was the present day story. The conspiracy was engaging and it's a great way to ease first timers in, but the first person self-insert was a big no-no. Otherwise I love the Assassin's Creed lore, both the historical settings and the events taking place in the modern one.
Jun 4, 2016 10:29 PM

May 2012
Doom 4 - 7.5/10

Not nearly as good as Doom 1 or 2, which are pretty much masterpieces, but still a noble attempt to bring Doom into 2016. I was honestly expecting it to be slow, clunky, and terrible with linear as fuck level design, but was surprised by how fast the combat was and how many secrets there are in the game. The levels aren't as well designed as the ones from Doom 1, but they're still leagues better than most modern FPS maps.
The multiplayer and Snapmap are both fucking trash though.
Jun 4, 2016 11:36 PM

Apr 2010
Legend of Zelda (NES) - I mean, what's can you say? The game is a classic, and at times frustratingly hard. The dungeon's themselves are more of a pain in the ass, than the bosses, lol. Still, the open world was great, and get's me more excited for the new Zelda Wii U/NX version that is supposedly open world. Said I wasn't gonna use a guide, but that last dungeon had me pulling my hair out, lol.

9.5/10
Jun 4, 2016 11:39 PM

Mar 2016
Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea 7/10

Cutie characters, tragic backstories and events.
Jun 5, 2016 12:06 AM

Mar 2014
Ara Fell - 9
+Feels like a classic 2D j-rpg from late SNES era, but has some modern conveniences like save everywhere, no random encounters, and skippable cutscenes. Pretty graphics.

+Highlight was the characters and dialogue, felt fresh.

-Combat has some neat twists to the standard fare, but I still got tired of battling any regular fodder by the later half. A downfall of most rpg games I guess. It doesn't help that the party doesn't keep learning very many different attacks.

+Bosses were cool looking and had their own gimmicks.

+World is open and pretty big with hidden things to find, kinda like Zelda games.

- At 20-some hours, wished it was a little longer

Ni no Kuni - 9
+Beautiful settings, sometimes liked just to wander around looking at everything. Enjoyed collecting and raising variety of monsters. Charming characters and satisfying story.

-Battle system felt clunky, like trying to scroll around thru options and keep getting interrupted. Might've been better to be action battle or menu battle and not this kinda mash up of both. Party AI not so great either.

-Trying to tame a monster was really random and sometimes got frustrating.

+Had a ton of side-quests. Fast travel option was very handy getting those done. Felt like game was lengthy, got a lot of play out of it.
Jun 5, 2016 1:27 AM

Oct 2013
Danganronpa - 9/10. Awesome story and awesome characters and awesome soundtrack with fun gameplay.

Yakuza 1 - 7/10. My 2nd playthrough after many years lol good story, nice vibe n shit, good soundtrack. Controls are clunky as fuck though and that has a negative impact on the gameplay and especially combat. VERY frustrating and that English dub is painful. Would have been an 8 if the controls wernt so frustrating. It has not aged well.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 5, 2016 3:12 AM

May 2016
You can't really finish this game but-

Overwatch 9.5/10

It would be (and probably will be at some point) 10/10 with a few more game modes
Jun 7, 2016 3:46 AM

Apr 2010
Dead Rising - 6/10

10 years late to the party I suppose. Not a bad game, but not something I would play again. The A.I. is pretty crappy, and the story didn't really explain itself well, but it's fun just being able to have anything be a weapon.
Jun 9, 2016 2:37 PM

Sep 2011
Salt and Sanctuary - 8/10

Really fun game, despite being an all-out copy of Dark Souls. It was a nice "adaptation" of combat mechanic of the Souls series into 2D.
The platforming was really annoying at times, but the lore (at least the small amount there was) made up for it. I wish a lot of the areas wasn't so small...and dark... I mean I get that it's supposed to be part of the charm, but the darkness was a bit annoying sometimes. Apart from that I liked the design of most of the areas.
Combat and the arsenal of weapons was good, but difficulty spikes of the bosses was all over the place :/ I 1st tried like half of them, while some were 2-3 tries, and some others like the mad alchemist was just bullshit.
I hope they make a 2nd game, because I had fun while it lasted :)
Jun 9, 2016 7:28 PM

Aug 2015
Life is Strange... Well, I'm bad at giving ratings so I can't give numbers. I'll just say that it was really good. Disappointed with the ending though
Jun 9, 2016 7:41 PM

Jun 2011
Soul Sacrifice (Vita) 8/10
++ Online
+ Great graphics
+ absolute fun gamplay
- repetitive
- Error network augh!
Jun 9, 2016 10:04 PM

Jan 2016
BioShock - 6/10
+great voice acting
+neat characters in big daddy/little sister

-combat could've been better
-no penalty for dying = abusable system
-But mainly, wasn't able to immerse me.

Well made in its fundamentals, but I suppose it's just not my cup of NesQuik. I still intend to play BioShock Infinite.
hintoJun 9, 2016 10:12 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2016 12:55 AM
Apr 2016
The Phantom Pain - It feels rough around the edges but it's an excellent game nontheless.
Jun 11, 2016 11:05 AM

Dec 2012
Stardew Valley
10/10
One of the best games I've ever played, If I could forget one game and play from the beginning again it would be this one
Never forget! Don't believe in you who believes in me, don't believe in me who believes in you, believe in you...who believes in yourself!
Jun 11, 2016 6:48 PM

Dec 2011
Until Dawn - 7.5/10
Jun 11, 2016 11:04 PM

May 2016
one piece pirate warriors 3: Hmmm 5-6/10
it was a fun play, Shank and whitebeard are OP as as fuck.
Akainu and Aokiji also a fun way that ice spam and lava spam was OP too :P
Jun 13, 2016 3:02 AM

Apr 2016
Life is Strange 9,5/10
Jun 13, 2016 10:59 AM

Jun 2011
One Piece burning blood - 7/10
++ Playable characters
+ Online
+ Interactions before the match
- Spamming
tbh, i like the pirate warriors much more. but this one was a nice change.
Jun 14, 2016 12:20 AM

Mar 2016
Senran Kagura Estival Versus. I'd give it a 7.5/10 although those numbers can only be so important and informative.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Jun 14, 2016 5:55 AM

Dec 2008
One Piece Burning Blood - 7/10.
The AI can go to hell though. Garbage programming.
And the whole AI 3 hitting you thing is extremely frustrating, but gets better as you progress.
Jul 7, 2016 10:52 PM

Jun 2011
Steins;Gate (Vita) - 9.8/10
I thought i really loved the anime but the game put it on shame! dam that shit good..!
+++ Characters.. specially Madu scientist & super duper adorable cutie Mayushii~
++ The art is beautiful!
++ OST
++ Much Much more details than the anime.
+ Much more fleshing specially for side characters like Daru!
+ Hilarious, fun through the whole thing.
- Slow & streched on some parts.
I put up to 45 hours.. it's pure fun. oh & i have to hunt the true ending too.
Cuz it is the choice of Steins;Gate... Muhahahaha.
El.Psy.Kongaree... ops Kongroo
---
Edit: Just got the true ending & the platinum not easy like many ppl say in forums lol
Satou0KunJul 8, 2016 5:38 AM
Jul 7, 2016 11:01 PM
Jun 2013
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

5.5/10

Shit game play but story kept me going .
Jul 8, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2010
Stat Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

6/10

It's just average. If you're a fan of the series or a lover of JRPGs, you might be able to get past some of the flaws and find some enjoyment like I did, but it's definitely not something I'll be recommending. The story, world, and overall feel of the game just didn't do it for me. Not cutscenes is a big turnoff because you can never skip! Sakuraba did a pretty good job with OST though.
Jul 8, 2016 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
Just finished Dark Souls 3.

8/10

Not as good as Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne but way better than Dark Souls 2

I haven't played Demon's Souls.
Jul 8, 2016 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
EnergyPudding said:
Life is Strange 9,5/10
I'm playing that game next! I heard great things, can't wait!
Jul 11, 2016 9:03 AM

Nov 2015
Age of Mythology 10/10
If you have never had the opportunity to play this game you truly are missing out on one of the masterpieces of all time (in my opinion).
Jul 11, 2016 8:23 PM
Jan 2013
Skyrim 6/10 - The game is definitely overrated in many regards. The exploration is great -- at first, but quickly becomes dull. There's also a lack of a solid, main storyline as the game leaves that to the player to decide which I'm not use to and aren't really fond of.
Jul 11, 2016 9:33 PM

Aug 2014
Penumbra: Overture 6/10 - decent, the big problem is the horrible combat and lack of enemies. but if you're looking for some very atmospheric horror game you should check this out.
Jul 11, 2016 9:35 PM

Aug 2014
Penumbra: Overture 6/10 - decent, the big problem is the horrible combat and lack of enemies. but if you're looking for some very atmospheric horror game you should check this out.
Jul 12, 2016 10:32 AM

Jul 2016
Soul Calibur 5: 8/10

I grew up with Soul Calibur 2, so the differences between SC2 and SC5 might take a while for me to get used to, but other than that, I enjoy it a lot. I especially like the character creator, although I wish there were more clothing/face/hair options that were free.

Was it the shyness in my soul that made me lonely just like you? No one noticed I was there, when I walked into the room.

-Freddie Mercury
Jul 12, 2016 1:39 PM

Mar 2016
Last game i finished was just cause 3 : 6/10
Okay storyline, combat is cool . But after finishing the story, the game was just left in the drawer collecting dust . Not much to say.
Jul 12, 2016 2:26 PM

May 2015
Doom (2016) solid 8/10
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 12, 2016 10:27 PM
Jul 2018
Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: Anata to Koibito Tsunagi: 7/10
Jul 12, 2016 10:33 PM

Jan 2011
TMS or Tokyo Mirage SEssions sharp FE

I am hovering between 8 to 8.5. I feel the super weebs and JPRG fanboy and girls overhype this game.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 13, 2016 8:37 PM

Jul 2015
Skyrim 9.5/10

It never gets old even though I beat it 3 times. I love everything about it, except the AI bugs and poor navmeshing sometimes.
Jul 13, 2016 10:40 PM

Jun 2011
Rocket League (PS4) - 7.5/10
++ Pretty fun
+ Compatitive
+ Very polite community! (you get praised for every goal/pass & no one get pissed when you miss up - never seen that in any online game :p)
- Pretty easy & short
I got the platinum in a single day.. i thought it was much harder since many of the trophies are rare!
but it was pretty enjoyable little game.
Jul 14, 2016 3:46 AM

Jul 2008
SouthPark Stick of Truth 7,5
if you like the series it's a good game.
Jul 14, 2016 3:50 AM

Dec 2015
undertale. 10/10. Got the best ending and was satisfied with it. I did not want to do the route where you kill everyone.
Jul 15, 2016 11:43 PM

Dec 2011
INSIDE - 10/10

A pretty bold and smart art-house game, I don't think I've played something like this in a very long time.
Jul 16, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2016
Rabi-Ribi
Metroidvania Bullet hell/10
Can recommend.
Pages (75) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

22 by Nette »»
47 minutes ago

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

33 by deg »»
49 minutes ago

» small form factor aka sff computer or pc

deg - May 1

8 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» Switch 2 launching with Breath of the Wild Remake!?

rohan121 - 10 hours ago

5 by Theo1899 »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

8 by Mine_Hawk »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.