Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2015 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's a recap movie but they did add some stuff and captured the most important parts like with Mirai and Akihito's relationship. Their initial meeting on the school rooftop also is there to start off the movie.

This had quite a serious tone to it though and less comedy than the TV series. Ended it like what I had expected to be. A lot more interested in the second part though so we'll see.
Apr 14, 2015 6:57 AM

Mar 2014
Before anyone asks: no, there's no subs and they'll probably take a while.
For for those wondering this was sold at the theaters only, seems like there won't be a public release at all, so I'm glad these have showed up at all.
Guess I'll watch the raw myself.
Apr 14, 2015 8:51 AM

Mar 2014
"Who..."
"Kuriyama-san?"
"Who am I?"
"Eh? Kuriya-"
"You... who are you?"
"Kuriyama-san..."

Dat hype.

Eh, I don't even know, stuff happened at the speed of light as expected, by the 45th minute mark this was at the end of episode 9 or something, basically no club/SoL scenes, some characters have like 2 lines and we aren't even ever introduced to any of them really except Mirai and Akihito, no scenes of the stuff that happens in the shadows or them "plotting" to kill Akihito either (even Izumi and Miroku dissapearing was only mentioned for like 5 seconds at the end and it was never shown what either of them was really doing, though, I guess, what Izumi was doing was pretty obvious but Miroku gets no screentime and it frames it in a way that almost makes it look like Miroku is working with Izumi (not really working with, just have the same goals)), so yeah.
Don't remember the series perfectly but as far as I could tell nothing new, nothing significant anyway, some differents angles here and there and I think that scene where Mirai fights Akihito before dissapearing had a new song over it because I really don't remember that being there, but nothing really worth mentioning.
Aside from the conversation above that happens after the credits (after the 80 minutes mark) and a shot of Mirai when she was younger with her mother saying something she can't hear, nothing new here.
I'm excited for the next movie but them shafting just about everyone who isn't Mirai or Akihito in this one doesn't particularly make me too hopeful because this was pretty bad but those are recaps for you I guess.

But there was an "onii-chan" somewhere in there so it was completely worth it.

So yeah, if you want to watch this just skip to the 80 minutes mark and watch it to the end and then watch this video... 20 or 30 times:
Apr 20, 2015 5:26 PM

Mar 2014
Does this recap use scenes from the TV series or is it new scenes with the same story?

I'm wondering this because I'd like to know if it is worth my time or not.
Apr 20, 2015 5:31 PM

Mar 2014
Fate said:
Does this recap use scenes from the TV series or is it new scenes with the same story?

Read my comment above, it probably uses footage from the BDs which usually are changed a little (animation fixes and whatnot) but I don't think they reanimated this (considering the next movie is just about to come out I doubt they could even have pulled off two movies this close to each other anyway).
Apr 20, 2015 5:37 PM

Mar 2014
Paulo27 said:
Fate said:

Read my comment above, it probably uses footage from the BDs which usually are changed a little (animation fixes and whatnot) but I don't think they reanimated this (considering the next movie is just about to come out I doubt they could even have pulled off two movies this close to each other anyway).

Oh okay thanks.
I probably won't be watching this then.
Apr 20, 2015 9:18 PM
Aug 2012
Paulo27 said:
Before anyone asks: no, there's no subs and they'll probably take a while.
For for those wondering this was sold at the theaters only, seems like there won't be a public release at all, so I'm glad these have showed up at all.
Guess I'll watch the raw myself.
This guy is wrong their are subs.
Apr 20, 2015 9:31 PM

May 2013
I liked this movie even though it was a recap. That cliffhanger though.
Apr 20, 2015 11:32 PM
Jul 2009
Is this worth watching? Or would you just recommend watching the series and then watching the second movie? I haven't watched either so I'm wondering from people who have
Apr 21, 2015 12:45 AM

May 2010
recap? both movies? screw that!
Apr 21, 2015 12:48 AM

Jan 2009
zolt4r said:
Is this worth watching? Or would you just recommend watching the series and then watching the second movie? I haven't watched either so I'm wondering from people who have

watch the TV series, its only 10+ episodes anyway
Apr 21, 2015 1:06 AM
Jul 2009
j0x said:

watch the TV series, its only 10+ episodes anyway

So you'd say watch the TV Series and then movie 2?
Apr 21, 2015 1:07 AM

Jan 2009
zolt4r said:
So you'd say watch the TV Series and then movie 2?

i never seen this recap movie yet but from what i heard it has some new scenes/footages that i would watch

just watch the TV series first because a recap movie removes a lot of content that are still enjoyable to watch
Apr 21, 2015 1:24 AM
Jul 2009
j0x said:

just watch the TV series first because a recap movie removes a lot of content that are still enjoyable to watch

I meant the second movie as in not the recap but the one that occurs a year after the anime series

http://kissanime.com/Anime/Kyoukai-no-Kanata-Movie-I-ll-Be-Here-Mirai-hen
Apr 21, 2015 3:00 AM

Aug 2013
The entire premise is still confusing as all heck even after reading explanations from fans and watching it all over again through this recap movie.

The series would have been a fraction better if Akihito had said "Do I look like a monster to you?" instead of "Do I look normal to you?"
Apr 21, 2015 9:45 AM

Nov 2013
as i scroll the comments, thanks for not spoiling the cliffhanger. i will watch this tonight ;p
Apr 21, 2015 10:51 AM

May 2012
It was an alright recap. Watched half, but skimmed through the other half. If there were any new scenes, they must have been really minor cause I didn't notice much.

Ending was a bit weird. Wonder what the sequel movie is gonna be about.

Apr 21, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2008
2 minutes of new content at the end. WOOO!!

Looks like she lost her memories returning or whatever.
Apr 21, 2015 2:38 PM

Sep 2013
DId anyone else notice that the color of the eyes of akihitos mother change from blue, showed right after he punched her to red when she was explaining things to akihito whiile she was sitting down?

Also, in her picture from the first season, her eye color were light brown, or akihito's eye color. wtf?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Apr 21, 2015 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
Jose07 said:
DId anyone else notice that the color of the eyes of akihitos mother change from blue, showed right after he punched her to red when she was explaining things to akihito whiile she was sitting down?

Also, in her picture from the first season, her eye color were light brown, or akihito's eye color. wtf?
Contacts?
Apr 21, 2015 4:17 PM

Apr 2015
I feel betrayed. Thank God. I never spent a penny for a recap movie.

The only interesting part in the movie was like the last 3 minutes of it.....

"who are you?"
"who am I?"
#CHEXIT
Apr 21, 2015 4:36 PM

Aug 2014
Juast a recap of the TV series
Apr 21, 2015 4:49 PM

Jan 2009
saw the movie, well just the new scenes, skip to 1:20 to see the new content

so Kuriyama lost her memories, so the second movie will focus on regaining that lost memories then
Apr 21, 2015 5:07 PM

Mar 2014
j0x said:
saw the movie, well just the new scenes, skip to 1:20 to see the new content

so Kuriyama lost her memories, so the second movie will focus on regaining that lost memories then
Incoming confession at the end of the movie when she gets them back with the credits right after.
Apr 21, 2015 7:55 PM

Apr 2014
This is just a recap of the TV series.
I think the recap go really well?
Not bad(since I not really into recap episode).
Looking forward to the next part(whole new stuff).
9/10 from me!
Apr 21, 2015 10:24 PM

Oct 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cried my eyes again
T____________________T

2nd part HURRY!!!
Apr 22, 2015 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
I watched the series so long ago that I didn't remember almost anything, so this was a really great way to get ready for the 2nd movie.
Apr 27, 2015 12:24 AM

May 2013
it felt too rushed but at least I can hope to the second movie because amnesia
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 27, 2015 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
Just skimmed through most of the movie but, wow, I felt that was even rushed for a recap. I did enjoy the TV series when it first aired so I'm still looking forward to seeing what KyoAni will do with the whole Kuriyama amnesia bit.
Apr 30, 2015 2:41 AM

Oct 2014
At least the beginning gave some context of why Mirai's objective was to kill Akihito. Now the recap is sort of topsy turvy absolutely absurd and totally madness if you haven't watch the series and even in the series everything was so thrown around you'll have to search hard for the story. I was surprised when they went to the series half climax in 20 min of an hour long movie. Fantasy elements still don't make sense but since this show is primarily a love story I'll forgive it for now.

Still feels as cartoony as the series but trimmed out the slice of life filler somewhat. A lot of relation building with the two protags, other characters were sort of there and in the recap they don't even bother telling you what they were so you better had watch the series.

Seriously three quarters of the way through my brain began to malfunction, nothing makes sense. What is even that alternate world is it that the sunset resentment thing the sister and that I think evil guy were talking about

Stopped exactly an hour into it. Too exhausting. Love the european styled soundtrack going on in the movie.
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
May 1, 2015 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
Just a recap except the end, but I'm liked it. The first part was too fast and not really appreciable, but the next was very good.
I cried again during some scenes, therefore the feelings are still here.

That cliffhanger was great, now I'm eager to watch the second.

Very pleasant for a recap. 8/10, because, 9/10 will be for the second movie.
May 6, 2015 8:22 AM

Jul 2009
For me they didn't make a good edit of stuff here, we barely saw some characters and some stuff seems disconnected, but well, it's a recap...

Best part was the last 2 minutes, so Kuriyama lost her memory, looking forward to see the next movie!
May 9, 2015 3:24 PM

Sep 2008
I love it!
I wish I could watch it at cinema!
All these fighting scenes must looks really amazing! *.*

Can't wait to see second movie!
May 10, 2015 4:28 PM

May 2012
Really lovely to see something from this serie again! Even if it was a recap of the main series it was very lovely, the pacing of course is way faster but that obvious for a recap of this length! But all in all I really liked this and can't wait to see the second movie! 8/10
May 19, 2015 10:57 AM

Jul 2010
It was the same as the series. I loved it, though.

I can't wait to see second part. It seems Mirai forgets about everything because of many, many reasons.
Jun 4, 2015 9:26 PM

Jan 2011
It was way too fast. I enjoyed the series but a lot of what I liked from the series was missing from the 1.5 hr recap.

...I mean there was a lot cut. I suppose the meat and potatoes were here but...

And the ending was a little disjointed. She turns and remembers and then suddenly we have amnesia. Anyway, I guess something like this had to happen to build the second movie. Excited to watch part 2 none the less.
Jul 25, 2015 2:39 AM

Dec 2010
Not a bad recap. I have seen worse. At least they focused on Akihito and Mirai's relationship. Though it's a bid saddening the side characters barely had screen time. I bet people who watched this movie first before the anime wonders who the hell is Sakura and her relationship with Mirai. Give it a 8/10 since they were able to recap the major events in the series. Except maybe Miroku's evil intentions.
Sep 3, 2015 7:29 PM

May 2013
I'm not a fan of the TV show, either, but this movie really did it injustice. A lazily recut order of random scenes, with not a shred of coherent story holding them together. Terrible.

Oct 5, 2015 7:47 AM

Jun 2014
I would say this is not a bad recap.
I've finished this series long time ago and watching this recap is more effective than rewatching the TV series.
On my side, this recap refreshes some of the nostalgic feels and reminds me of that romantic OST too.
And I think that cliffhanger at the end is actually teasing enough.
IIRC the Blu-ray will be released in 2 days from now, on October 7th. Can't wait to watch it though :)
Nov 26, 2015 12:50 AM

May 2010
Loved the movie. True, some scenes weren't very easy to figure out, but others felt more coherent than the TV series, or so I felt. 8.5/10
Dec 23, 2015 5:21 PM

Jun 2012
Turned off by that amnesia ending.
Mar 15, 2016 6:03 AM

Apr 2015
This is a recap, and I don't have much to say about this. It felt rushed for me, but oh well.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 26, 2016 10:33 AM

May 2008
Wow, that was a waste of time. I watched it with my friend who had not seen the series. If a newcomer cant even keep up why bother making it?

I enjoy watching people's favorites. Recommend your favorite show to me, even if I have it dropped/on hold.
Jul 10, 2016 12:06 AM

Mar 2015
Yeah I watched the original series over a year ago and while this movie did serve to remind me of what happened and to prep me for the second movie (the only reason I watched this), it definitely isn't for anyone who hasn't seen the series yet.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 14, 2016 12:03 AM

Jan 2013
The pace was very fast, decent recap, barely remembered much beforehand.
Hopefully the next movie has more small character interactions.
Ohh, and amnesia so reset on relationship progress
Aug 17, 2016 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
I guess at this point I know not to expect much from a recap movie. Especially one covering 12 episodes in one movies. (Madoka movies are the only ones i've seen that are good enough to actually standalone without previous knowledge of the TV series) Still, this was a nice refresher, as it has been awhile since I watched the TV series. And now i'm ready to watch the sequel movie. Some interesting scenes added after the credits truly changed the ending of the TV series. I wonder how Aki's mother knew Mirai. And why did she suddenly lose her memories? I see the sequel movie has a higher rating than this or the TV series, so i'm hoping it's good.
Sep 1, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
It felt empty cause of the amount of the soundtrack imo. well, as a summary/recap it was okay imo. not that good nor even that bad. the atmosphere actually felt more serious than the tv series but i prefer the tv series than this one has. they cut some of the minor and important scene too. i watched this recap movie to remember some part of the story which i forgot so yeah....pretty decent. i wouldn't recommend newcomers to watch this movie instead of the series cause they cut many important scenes from the tv series which will make you confused. so i would recommed for the newcomers to watch the tv series first and then just jump into the second movie. it would felt way more comfortable imo.

so...well....it was an okay recap overall.
but dat ending tho...dat after credit scene...
moving on to the next movie!!! xD
Nov 3, 2016 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Absolutely loved the movie. Felt like it showed everything that was important and awesome.
I'm soooo looking forward to the next movie, maybe we'll get some explanations about Kuriyama's amnesia *.*
Dec 23, 2016 7:20 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
IMSadBiscuit said:
This is a recap, and I don't have much to say about this. It felt rushed for me, but oh well.

So so, we expect recaps to be such, but this one was beyond the usual.
Skipping some moments I loved in the TV series.
6.7 for me.
Liked that teasing at the end, gonna get into the sequel right away, that tease hyped me alot!
Sep 3, 2017 6:00 PM

Apr 2013
The last minute of the film... damn that was harsh lol

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Song Post-Credits.

Hiatt - Nov 7, 2016

1 by Dealka97 »»
Nov 14, 2020 3:38 AM

» Just make a second season or OVA.

xsilicon9 - Apr 20, 2015

2 by Paulo27 »»
Apr 23, 2015 3:49 PM

Poll: » Is this movie a good idea?

AnimeZ0id - Jul 8, 2014

26 by Paulo27 »»
Apr 14, 2015 7:05 AM

» CM

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2014

18 by Stark700 »»
Feb 14, 2015 5:48 AM

» Recap?

AnimeZ0id - Oct 11, 2014

3 by tsubasalover »»
Nov 28, 2014 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.