Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2015 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
Well, I must admit, I knew what was coming and I still teared up a bit :'(
Mini-mage... RIP, at least, you died with a smile on your face and your onii-chan next to you T.T
Damn, they even kept the eyes slashing thing from the VN. Well, they had to, to show Blondie mercylessness.

Blondie will have to pay for this (let's hope). But now is not the time, because Shiroe is freaking weak and they are only two. And now Tohsaka is in shit too.

Illya backstory was really well done. I loved how they also added those bits with her mother (or the Graal?) putting her in despair and moving her in a more cynical and lonely path...

Fuck man, I'll next my fix of DxD oppai laugh for that episode :(
And fuck this guys, I'm too messed up to do an album for today episode.

Oh also, I barely just noticed (because I admit that I never read MAL thread) that it's filled with haters. Man, that's hilarious.
minouneetzoeApr 18, 2015 11:35 AM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 18, 2015 11:20 AM

Sep 2011
HungryPriest said:
This ep had surprisingly(or not?) low amount of feelz. Guess I'll have to go listen Die Lorelei to remedy that.

Basically, a short version of my impression. :P
Apr 18, 2015 11:20 AM

Sep 2009
Uhhh... After those unnecessary additions in this episode and episde 14, I can only pray that:

Please reassure me that I'm not in for a disappointment next episode. /poofs

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm givng this episode... 2.5/5.
Apr 18, 2015 11:21 AM

Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
THIS WEEK ON AKAME GA FEITO

- Not liking the explodey michael bay type of start. THe strongpoint of this in VN was that it was completely calm outside and shirou/rin only noticed fight going on when inside. Here ufo michael bay'd it up for no reason.
- First pacing killer interruption for zerobullshit flashback...yay? Well at least so far the bullshit flashback served more purpose than Caster's FIller master.
- We gotta add needless tryhard edge tho.
- oh look another inconsistency int he filler - the chains holding back Hercules? OH I forgot that this is not canon but BullshitVerse.
- Finaly winter forest part....sort of...as in pretty much the only canon part so far...and...with no actual explanation from VN on why even this is happening. And with additional edgelordery.
- Well congrats Ufo. You ruined most of winter forest....
- FINALLY Shirou/Rin...another little bit of canon stuff...sort of...
- Oh look we got back to the fight the mood of which was already killed by badly placed flashback.
- ANd the fight is yet again static camera sfxsfxsfx fight...here I hoped we will get something .
- Oh look Illya calls to berserker MILIMETERS BEHIND HIM. Way to miss the point, ufo.
- Where the fuck was Gil's Gungir use?
- Fuck the tackle bullshit -_-
- Oh look. Scared Gil. Yay for non cannon stuff, Bullshitverse.
- Oh look a too-late scream of SHirou. way too miss the point, ufo.

Well huge part of this episode can be summed up as edgelordery "mature" fanservice filler just like the previous filler episode last week.
A lot of episode could have been better if the flashback was IN ONE PIECE and BEFORE the fight, not hte midfight.

THe episode was emotionally dull as fuck. The atmosphere was not portrayed correctly, Illya/Berserker bond was understated, most of Winter Forest context was missing and most of filler additions non-canon and pointless.

Even Stratos as generic and dull as it is gave me more feels at the end of ep than this. The atmosphere and tension is just...missing.

And they made shirou look like idiot in this yet again. Fuck this shit.

Also...

CANT HAVE MONOLOGUES GUYSE. VISUAL MEDIUM YO
HUNDRED OF FLASHBACKS INTERRUPTING THE SCENE IS TOTALLY FINE THO.

Sasuga, Bullshitverse.

3/5

edit: the preview....holy rushjob batman, ufo. What will you do now --__--

3/5 is way too generous for this episode.
Apr 18, 2015 11:22 AM

Jul 2007
Siegzilla said:

1. When the hell was that said?

2. He did in the anime as well. They just switch the order of events around ((Nasu approved BTW))

No he did not. By the time Illya is crawling around, Berserker is ash already in anime.
Nasu going George Lucas does ont justify it.

3. Actually this was way more powerful with Rin stopping Shirou from doing something reckless with him screaming helplessly

No it was not. I tmade him look like an idiot and took away from tension of TRYING to do something. Not ot mention his scream too late made him look dumb

4. So? It's a exposition system which makes sense.

Its a tryhard egelordery that's what is.
Illya might as well narrated that info while walking in the forest without the tryhard edge.

5. Actually yeah we did. Go re-read the VN. The wolves tore chunks out of Herc.

for fucks sake HERC
NOT ILLYA
They were not chewing on Illya which not only feels tryhard edgy but makes no sense in context of her powers.

Spinelplus said:
Uhhh... After those unnecessary additions in this episode and episde 14, I can only pray that:

Please reassure me that I'm not in for a disappointment next episode. /poofs

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm givng this episode... 2.5/5.

Apr 18, 2015 11:23 AM
Feb 2015
That was sad... Poor illya and berserker...
That blonde servant is just too good... He might be the strongest one but he has the worst master..

I wish we saw more action but it was interrupted by all of the flashbacks...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Blonde foreigner is too damn OP! Berserker didn't even get a proper chance to go berserk and pretty much just lost all his lives continually.

The flashbacks were quite gloomy, particularly Illya's conversation with those people pierced by blades in the water basin.

Dem feels when Illya's was dying though.. Blonde foreigner is one merciless guy! >.<

Good episode. Shirou and Tohsaka probably should escape from there before he finds them.

Mar 2013

Sep 2011
Siegzilla said:
CookingPriest said:

Yeah. Both this and previous ep feel like they are trying way too hard to be edgy and forsaking any sort of atmosphere or emotions for that.

And the fight was pretty much SFX spam too.

Despite having read the VN you're criticizing stuff that was in it. Herc broke the chains in the VN out of willpower, and stayed intact from willpower as well. The way the VN described it, YES there were tons of swords and spears being launched at Herc. Specifically 22 swords and spears is what finally killed him.

I mean the moment, when he resurrected "one last time" just to surprise Gil, not the fight itself.

Jul 2013
ZeroDragon said:
ALL OF THOSE GIFS THAT I SHALL BE ABLE TO OBTAIN

Just for you:
Apr 18, 2015 11:25 AM
Mar 2015
Zulkir said:
Siegzilla said:

Despite having read the VN you're criticizing stuff that was in it. Herc broke the chains in the VN out of willpower, and stayed intact from willpower as well. The way the VN described it, YES there were tons of swords and spears being launched at Herc. Specifically 22 swords and spears is what finally killed him.

I mean the moment, when he resurrected "one last time" just to surprise Gil, not the fight itself.

That made the moment a lot more powerful to me. He did basically the same thing in the VN just so Illya could die peacefully.
Apr 18, 2015 11:25 AM

Jun 2014
I don't know how to feel about this, it was very depressing

Apr 18, 2015 11:26 AM

Aug 2014
That was amazing 10/10 best episode of the series by far. The knk like ending song was nice.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

May 2013
5/5 in my opinion.

I mostly liked the original scenes, the fight was handled well(not too much filler fighting but stuff actually happening), very drama. Some problems with it as always but in the realm of anime it's easily 5/5.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."

Aug 2014
If anyone has problems with this episode (outside the flashback)-fuck them

Sep 2014
black1blade said:
That was amazing 10/10 best episode of the series by far. The knk like ending song was nice.

It was just a Ring Your Bell remix.
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 18, 2015 11:29 AM

Aug 2014
Gate of babylon was the best it has ever been and the swords only kinda turned in gold lasers.

Apr 18, 2015 11:30 AM

Dec 2013
The only thing I want to happen in the future now is for this Blonde bitch to experience the most painful death ever written. Fuck him.

#BringbackBerserker :(
Eh
Apr 18, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
Finished rewatching it and i thought it was great.

Probably the best episode so far.
Apr 18, 2015 11:33 AM

Mar 2013
Had me tearing up a little bit near the end. Yep. I mean that doesn't happen much for me when it comes to anime - with VNs it's more common. But I thought this was done very well. It was a callback to the same kind of feelings I had while reading the VN, sort of. One of the best episodes so far, in my opinion.

I also really liked the anime original flashback scenes, though not as much as the rest (like winter forest).

Berserker... you're strong.

Illya... don't worry, this is just UBW.

Goldie... I've always, always hated you. I hated you in the VN, and I still hate you now. It will never change.
Apr 18, 2015 11:34 AM

Sep 2012
That long and grimdark homonculi scene aside, this was a great chapter.

I think this is actually the first time (counting the VN and other adaptation) that I ever cared about Illya and Heracles. Honestly, I expected this to be a lot worse based on the reactions and the leaked spoilers. The animation as always was wonderful and the surprise on Gilgamesh's part, while not exactly the same as in the VN, I believe made the scene more emotional and therefore better.

Looking foward to Lancer next episode.
Apr 18, 2015 11:34 AM

Feb 2013
The King of Bollocks does it again /s.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 18, 2015 11:35 AM

Sep 2013
SH4kun said:
I think this is actually the first time (counting the VN and other adaptation) that I ever cared about Illya and Heracles.

this
Apr 18, 2015 11:35 AM
Apr 2014
So where is the

Next week?
Apr 18, 2015 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
Why does Miura hate Shirou so much? This is worse than D&D butchering Stannis' character.
Apr 18, 2015 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
CookingPriest said:

I just want to say, that I disagree with almost all of your forum posts regarding FSN.

This episode really hit me hard. I thought the way ufo handled it was spectacular, and the ED... Holy shit

black1blade said:
If anyone has problems with this episode (outside the flashback)-fuck them

Pretty much my thoughts haha
Apr 18, 2015 11:38 AM

Jul 2007
Kolios said:
Why does Miura hate Shirou so much? This is worse than D&D butchering Stannis' character.

dont remind me of the butchery that is Game of thrones -_-
Apr 18, 2015 11:40 AM

May 2013
I liked nearly all of the "filler" scenes and it all gives me tons of hope for the future.

Oh right, and this ending is one I like far more than the usual one.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Apr 18, 2015 11:40 AM

Feb 2014
I hate Gilgamesh so much.... when will he die. R.I.P. Illya.
Apr 18, 2015 11:41 AM

Nov 2013
OH. MY. GOD.
This episode was amazingly bad. It's everything wrong with this anime, wrapped up into a 20-minute package.
I have to rewatch it to be able to express how bad this was (probably tomorrow). I didn't give a shit about Ilya and Berserker in the VN either, but this is on another level entirely.
Apr 18, 2015 11:42 AM
Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
Kolios said:

You hate Game of Thrones that explains a lot.
Apr 18, 2015 11:43 AM

Apr 2011
RIP Illya you will be missed :(

Dec 2014
I usaully don't feel to much during most things, but gotta say, this episode did an pretty good job at pulling at my feels quite a bit.

Some of the flashbacks are badly placed and make the fight scene seem lacklustre.

Now I just want more Shirou...

Also, isn't Goldie's name still a spoiler, orrr?
Aug 2010
This ep was really good - if not, one of the best. Only wished I could see more of Berserker vs Gil, but yeah, time constraints. The flashback added more depth to Illya before her final moments.

Oct 2009
So I think Fate Stay Night (The Fate path) was way better even though it was less flashy. This was not a fight, just Gil killing some Mongrel... _and Shirou got amazing screentime yet again_ ...
TheDodoApr 18, 2015 11:47 AM
Apr 18, 2015 11:46 AM

Sep 2013
lmao

Apr 18, 2015 11:46 AM

Jun 2011
TheDodo said:
So I think Fate Stay Night was way better even though it was less flashy. This was not a fight, just Gil killing some Mongrel... _and Shirou got amazing screentime yet again_ ...

R u talking about Deen's tv series or movie
Apr 18, 2015 11:48 AM

Sep 2012
cupc said:
lmao

Tohsaka giving Shirou jackhammer lessons.

Jul 2007
Actually I sort of agree.

Take away the animation budget and ufo name and this is pretty much rehash of deen raping the material.

Oct 2009
Theorder14 said:
TheDodo said:
So I think Fate Stay Night was way better even though it was less flashy. This was not a fight, just Gil killing some Mongrel... _and Shirou got amazing screentime yet again_ ...

The series.

Aug 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Rip Illya ;;
One of the better episodes, I think.
Well, the fight was interrupted by flashbacks repeatedly so it was kind of underwhelming. That said, these were much better than the Caster flashback last episode.
Also lol Shinji getting in the middle and talking shit.
Will have to wait for subs to judge Winter Forest. 4/5

On rewatch, this episode was actually better. Winter Forest was still a little lacking and Shirou being derp and getting lolswordshot was something I could have done without but other than that, overall, probably one of the best episodes of the show so far. 4.5/5

Dec 2014
Ah yes.

All the GIF possiablitles for this episode.

Aug 2014
Siegzilla said:
CookingPriest said:

Just finished season 4 and it is amazing.

Apr 2014
Lollo36 said:
OH. MY. GOD.
This episode was amazingly bad. It's everything wrong with this anime, wrapped up into a 20-minute package.
I have to rewatch it to be able to express how bad this was (probably tomorrow). I didn't give a shit about Ilya and Berserker in the VN either, but this is on another level entirely.

Why would anyone care about Illya in UBW? HF I'd understand but here she's just a lesser Grail waiting to get picked up by someone and it just so happens to be Gil-kun.
Apr 18, 2015 11:49 AM

Jun 2011
TheDodo said:
Theorder14 said:

The series.
U do realize the scene didn't even get adapted in the series so how exactly did they do better O.o?
Apr 18, 2015 11:49 AM

Nov 2013
What a disappointing anime. Shit disturbing episode made only for the shock factor. Only keeping the score high for now because of animation quality and battles. What nonesense.
Apr 18, 2015 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
Without those last 5 minutes I was most likely going to post something on the lines of Illy is so kawaii

But those last 5 minutes got me pretty bad the way he took her sight and then put his sword through her

Her reaction too the way she noticed it was dark and only wanted to find Berserker and then when she said it was cold, it was so dark and so adorable an it gave me the freakin chills

And Shirous face during the hole thing with Rin begging him not to make any noise

Then Gilgamesh tries to kill her with a punch thank god berserker came out but he never stood a chance

this episode was so beautiful until the last 5 minutes but my god it was amazing it was seriously amazing I love fate/stay night

Aug 2014
cupc said:
lmao

She's turning the tables on him ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sep 2013
SH4kun said:
cupc said:
lmao

Tohsaka giving Shirou jackhammer lessons.

Shirou taking in her magic wand
Apr 18, 2015 11:51 AM

Oct 2014
Siegzilla said:
CookingPriest said:

GoT does butcher some of the characters from the book though. Especially Stannis.
Pages (35) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.