Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2015 6:21 AM
Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rin is cute/cool personified. They really went all-out with the effects for her performance.

Johnny-sensei ;_;
Apr 9, 2015 8:39 AM

Mar 2012
Kinda underwhelmed by this one. Rin seems like just a less interesting collection of other girls' traits. Her voice is kinda cute but ehhh. Episode just coasted by. 2D dancing looks dorky as fuck. Performance was impressive but the weird vocal harmonies killed it. meh
Apr 13, 2015 9:52 PM

Jan 2012
One of the grooviest tunes I've heard in this series for that performance. Eager to see what else this young woman can do!
Apr 13, 2015 11:06 PM

Dec 2013
pretty boring episode. no offense to anyone who thought otherwise.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 14, 2015 8:52 AM

Jul 2008
SinKira said:

The show is becoming so...dull? I can't think of the best word to describe it. This season has literally been like they are following a manual of what makes an Aikatsu episode. Throw in a plot we have seen 1000 times, like getting a premium dress, have a performance, and then sprinkle in every characters' catch phrase a few times.

I realize you could potentially describe the entire show like that, but lately it feels more robotic. Like it is on autopilot. The first season of this show had real drive (I don't to say ambition, but it did more than I expected a children's idol anime to do), while this season is just...doing the bare minimum.

I love the music, characters. and art of Aikatsu. I just hate that the show is getting so boring/repetitive. Like...even though I disliked a lot of S2 with Dream Academy, I would prefer to actively dislike a story Aikatsu attempts than be bored out of my mind watching the show do nothing.

/rant
Apr 14, 2015 9:42 AM

Nov 2009
GarLogan78 said:
SinKira said:

The show is becoming so...dull? I can't think of the best word to describe it. This season has literally been like they are following a manual of what makes an Aikatsu episode. Throw in a plot we have seen 1000 times, like getting a premium dress, have a performance, and then sprinkle in every characters' catch phrase a few times.

I realize you could potentially describe the entire show like that, but lately it feels more robotic. Like it is on autopilot. The first season of this show had real drive (I don't to say ambition, but it did more than I expected a children's idol anime to do), while this season is just...doing the bare minimum.

I love the music, characters. and art of Aikatsu. I just hate that the show is getting so boring/repetitive. Like...even though I disliked a lot of S2 with Dream Academy, I would prefer to actively dislike a story Aikatsu attempts than be bored out of my mind watching the show do nothing.

/rant

Just proves they shouldn't have replaced the fun loving Ichigo with less fun characters.

Hell... everything Ichigo did was over-the-top and exciting, and the new girls? what did they do that was super exciting? nothing much as of yet... mostly they just copy what Ichigo already did to a lesser extent.

That's why it feels really repetitive.
Tho you also have to understand... this is a school setting, and most events are set in stone and activities rarely change.
Just go look at a Real Life Class, do the way they teach things change every single year? not much... they uses the same work sheets, text books, and the way they teach.
If anything's new, it's just a new textbook so they can leech more money out of students, even tho the only things changed are page numbering and maybe a few new lines or changed placements for things... but everything else stays the same, lol @ da school scam.

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

BTW... did Johnny-sensei just changed out of his tracksuit in public (out of screen) and into the new tracksuit while the girls are watching?... lol
amlgApr 14, 2015 9:56 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 14, 2015 10:51 PM

Jun 2008
Premium dresses don't mean anything anymore, do they?
"I want your premium dress."
"Okay."

So hard to get...unless you're a main character.
Apr 15, 2015 7:40 AM
Mar 2014
GarLogan78 said:
SinKira said:

/rant

I'd say that the show has always been formulaic. Yes, Ichigo was much more an active character than Akari and the gang, but the extent of what she can do gets stale after 100 episodes. Really, the so-called formula to an episode has remained the same--it's only that the means are less over-the-top. While watching idols scale cliffs and chop down trees is entertaining, can it really be enough to hold up the newest group of characters? Whereas the first two seasons were about overthrowing a mysterious top idol, Aikatsu is now about following a more routine path; the girls have no specific goal other than to aim as high as they can and have fun doing it.
Apr 15, 2015 5:30 PM

Jul 2008
vodall said:
GarLogan78 said:

/rant

I'd say that the show has always been formulaic. Yes, Ichigo was much more an active character than Akari and the gang, but the extent of what she can do gets stale after 100 episodes. Really, the so-called formula to an episode has remained the same--it's only that the means are less over-the-top. While watching idols scale cliffs and chop down trees is entertaining, can it really be enough to hold up the newest group of characters? Whereas the first two seasons were about overthrowing a mysterious top idol, Aikatsu is now about following a more routine path; the girls have no specific goal other than to aim as high as they can and have fun doing it.

It honestly might more of me getting sick of the show than any actual structural problems within it. I am finding it harder to tune in to the same exact thing every week.
Apr 16, 2015 5:07 PM

Mar 2014
So I just caught up after starting the show in January I think?
Of course I haven't waited for one episode a week up until now but even then (especially Season 2) felt kinda boring to watch, so I'm shocked that people are still stuck with the show after the mess of S2. (Characters this season are definitely much better than season 2 though)

I thought this episode was okay, but yeah it's getting too easy to obtain premium dresses now. Didn't Ichigo climb a cliff for hers? Wished they would have added something more entertaining but I am liking the new characters.

I like the concept of Rin co operating with Johnny's dance style. She's borderline too cocky for me but I might get over it.

Judging from the Opening song Madoka seems like a character who's quite shy but has her mischievous moments, or will just tease Rin a lot, but we'll see. She's not really been developed at all yet compared to Rin.

(Also: Why do we just find out after over 100 eps that Johnny's name isn't his actual name?)
Apr 21, 2015 11:35 PM

Dec 2013
amlg said:
GarLogan78 said:

/rant

Just proves they shouldn't have replaced the fun loving Ichigo with less fun characters.

Hell... everything Ichigo did was over-the-top and exciting, and the new girls? what did they do that was super exciting? nothing much as of yet... mostly they just copy what Ichigo already did to a lesser extent.

Tho you also have to understand... this is a school setting, and most events are set in stone and activities rarely change.
Just go look at a Real Life Class, do the way they teach things change every single year? not much... they uses the same work sheets, text books, and the way they teach.
If anything's new, it's just a new textbook so they can leech more money out of students, even tho the only things changed are page numbering and maybe a few new lines or changed placements for things... but everything else stays the same, lol @ da school scam.

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

BTW... did Johnny-sensei just changed out of his tracksuit in public (out of screen) and into the new tracksuit while the girls are watching?... lol

I love you. guys I seriously felt the same way and didn't want to express it because I didn't want to get bashed or flamed on and reply back to people lol.

I really hope this season gets better or else it's gonna be seriously boring.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 22, 2015 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
SinKira said:

I love you. guys I seriously felt the same way and didn't want to express it because I didn't want to get bashed or flamed on and reply back to people lol.

Haha don't be afraid to say how you thought about an episode~

The only reason I am so critical is because I like Aikatsu so much and it has shown it can live up to certain standards. So when it doesn't meet them (to me, anyway), I get disappointed.
Apr 22, 2015 12:32 PM

May 2013
SinKira said:
amlg said:

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

Lol, people bashing the show are actually in the majority here ever since their beloved main trio passed the baton.
WingsOfValorApr 22, 2015 12:36 PM
Apr 23, 2015 10:09 AM

Nov 2009
WingsOfValor said:

Lol, people bashing the show are actually in the majority here ever since their beloved main trio passed the baton.

I am here for the cute girls actually, doesn't really matter much which cute girls are there.

Only reason I like Ichigo a lot is cause she was really funny, energetic, and everything she does is over-the-top. Perfect fun GF, will never have a dull day.
(don't care that much about the other 2)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 23, 2015 10:23 AM

May 2013
amlg said:
WingsOfValor said:

I am here for the cute girls actually, doesn't really matter much which cute girls are there.

Only reason I like Ichigo a lot is cause she was really funny, energetic, and everything she does is over-the-top. Perfect fun GF, will never have a dull day.
(don't care that much about the other 2)

That's alright, it's not like I don't like Ichigo as well, I am just tired of people crying about Ichigo being gone. Her story was finished with the movie and her surpassing Mizuki. Season 3 is about Akari and her friends, most people don't seem to get that.
Apr 25, 2015 10:52 AM

Oct 2011
amlg said:
Few scenes earlier he was talking to them in his underwear... but that's Johnny-sensei - I don't think that anyone would think it's weird thing for him to do.

WingsOfValor said:
That's alright, it's not like I don't like Ichigo as well, I am just tired of people crying about Ichigo being gone. Her story was finished with the movie and her surpassing Mizuki. Season 3 is about Akari and her friends, most people don't seem to get that.
I would say they talk about being repetitive and there is some truth to it - they have to introduce new idols, do some stuff with them and than make their own stories. and I like this change - not that new ones are perfect (actually rather bland but maybe Rin and Madoka will move things a bit) but having more and more stuff happening just to Ichigo (+ friends) would be boring.
at least they don't reset everything like in Precure.
Aug 12, 2015 9:49 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The only thing Ichigo failed to do or didn't get the chance to do was enter a partners challenge with Aoi. It was like he dream pair that never occurred. Soleil don't count because that's a trio, but even then, Ichigo teaming up with Ran would have been a good pair to see.

Rin is a good character imo. I like how she sees Johnny as a role model. Her performance was good as well. Seemed like the creative team went all out with her. I think Rin/Madoka will get a big push as the show goes on. So far there's no real goal in Aikatsu. Before this season, it was all about surpassing Mizuki. Now what's the clear goal long term.

Sep 19, 2015 8:27 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, she got a premium faster than Akari I think. Plus a new tracksuit for Johnny. Yeah!
Nov 24, 2015 7:42 AM
Aug 2012
New dress is looking kinda cool, but girls are becoming less and less atsui to fit the description of Aikatsu ideology, oh I'll always miss my precious atsui Ichigo-chan times...
Apr 23, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was amazing! I love Johnny's character and knowing more about him and his old partner was awesome. We also got a premium dress for Rin, who then used it in one of the best dance scenes so far IMO, both clothes and music were too good.
Sep 15, 2021 7:51 AM

Feb 2020
Rin's new dress is so cool and stylish.

Johnny's real name isn't Johnny? They could have said that a little bit earlier to us, lol. His new tracksuit looks nice.

Johnny and Sunny are like two peas in a pod. They talk exactly the same way.

Rin's smile is so cute and precious.

SerafosMar 2, 9:03 AM
Oct 1, 2022 6:55 AM

Dec 2012
Ok, Rin officially has me going loco, (Juri voice) which means, CRAZY! I really like how her cool dance moves still have a graceful, feminine charm to them. Her premium dress reminds me of Rina from Love Live. Great to see how she's now considered part of the dream that Johnny & Sonny share - the crossroads that connects their two separate paths.
Dec 5, 2023 6:15 AM
Dec 2023
A bit fast for Rin to get a premium dress, but eh. At least she didn't already have it on her

Nice episode! Love the Johnny lore, and WAIT HIS NAME ISN'T ACTUALLY JOHNNY?! My whole life is a lie...

Rin's dress is so cool, but I don't really get how it's supposed to be a Pinocchio dress, it doesn't really remind me of Pinocchio tbh

Okay but Rin forgetting to breath is so silly, I love her so much. I can't wait to see more of Madoka too!
Feb 8, 9:05 PM

May 2019
This is a really good episode for Rin and it also provides a new dimension on Johnny sensei. Dance Fusion coord looks so good and Akari described it very cool and stylish. I like the design on this brand too. Johnny sensei finally got a new tracksuit and it's great to see the designer, mentor and the idol works together as a team. Now Rin finally understand what it means to work as a team, she could now make a great unit too one day. Rin is a very good addition to the cast. Damn kids these days are so lucky for getting new premium dress. Now we need more story from Madoka's side.
VivaceRexFeb 8, 9:10 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 79 Discussion

billybob300c - Apr 24, 2014

18 by aloradear »»
Apr 24, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.