Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2015 12:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh snap, I think that's the Gear 4. Shit. Just. Got. Real.
Apr 9, 2015 12:52 AM

Mar 2015
Gear 2 in chapter 387
Gear 4 in chapter 783
well played Oda,well played.I have no clue what it will look like though...Luffy as a giant would be meh.Pls go full Ace mode.Why not tbh if he can make a Red Hawk,why couldn't Gear 4 be "fire" mode?Would work well against Mingo.Or maybe it's something about Haki?No idea ;D
No chapter next week :(
Apr 9, 2015 3:05 AM

Sep 2014
Holy Crap!.....Gear 4?!

Oda-sensei u a damn lil..... :D

HeroKenzan said:

Pls go full Ace mode.Why not tbh if he can make a Red Hawk,why couldn't Gear 4 be "fire" mode?Would work well against Mingo.Or maybe it's something about Haki?No idea ;D
No chapter next week :(

yeah i'm thinking the same.....

G2: increase in speed and strength.
G3: Rubber expansion and immense power
G4: Full body CoA Hawk Luffy ?

also curious how he will activate it....(like in G2 through blood pumping and G3 thumb in his mouth)

#Hype

Apr 9, 2015 3:07 AM
Jul 2012
Hurry up week, i gotta see whats is gear 4 ;-;
Apr 9, 2015 3:20 AM

Dec 2012
Luffy going for Gear 4. Wonder what that is going to be?
Cannot believe there is gonna be a break next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 9, 2015 3:20 AM

Dec 2013
Apr 9, 2015 3:21 AM

Mar 2013
HeroKenzan said:
Gear 2 in chapter 387
Gear 4 in chapter 783 (

OOODDDAAAAA
Holy crap Gear 4 ? Curious to see it
Apr 9, 2015 3:23 AM

Jan 2014
Gear 4!! interesting
Apr 9, 2015 3:23 AM

Sep 2013
Nothing like ending the chapter with "Gear 4" and then going on a week break. Thanks Oda. Still hyped though.
Apr 9, 2015 3:27 AM

Oct 2013
It should be forbidden to create such a cliffhanger and take a break of one week afterwards.
Apr 9, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 2010
Something to look forward to after a year of the mundane. Woohoo! :D
Apr 9, 2015 3:28 AM

Jul 2014
Zoro used Pica K.O!
It was super effective!
Bartolomeo was incapacitated for 5 chapters!
Apr 9, 2015 3:31 AM

Jun 2013
"One Piece will be on a break next week" - DAMN YOU ODA, DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!

Just when I got hyped. Why do they enjoy torturing fans so much. I mean seriously, look at the hook he left us. Great chapter.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Apr 9, 2015 3:33 AM

May 2014
So in One Piece Luffy out of no where uses Gear 4 and everyone likes it.

In (for exemple) Fairy Tail someone uses a new technique out of nowhere and everyone is Asspull. Damn standarts.
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Apr 9, 2015 3:38 AM
Jan 2013
kakoa1234 said:

In (for exemple) Fairy Tail someone uses a new technique out of nowhere and everyone is Asspull. Damn standarts.

Cry more butthurt Ass Tail fanboy.
Apr 9, 2015 3:40 AM

Sep 2013
kakoa1234 said:

Maybe you could at least wait for 2 weeks to see what the technique is even about before going nuclear over it.
Apr 9, 2015 3:42 AM
Apr 2015
Viltsu300 said:
kakoa1234 said:

ft is not a manga .Problem solved.GG nice try wp
Apr 9, 2015 3:44 AM

May 2014
Viltsu300 said:
kakoa1234 said:

Yeah sure. Now iam the butthurt? I quite enoy seeing Luffy. But everyone are so "OMG new abilitie amazing the best." in FT " Nakama Asspull"

But hey, people are like this
Apr 9, 2015 3:44 AM

Nov 2011
kakoa1234 said:

it's not really out of nowhere tho is it. This is after two years of training with rayliegh, and this is luffy's first real challenge after that. So far it has been enough to showcase his haki, but it wouldnt have made sense for him not to come up with a special technique. I havent read fairy tail so I can't compare. :p
Apr 9, 2015 3:45 AM

May 2014
ArtemisFlow said:
kakoa1234 said:

Maybe you could at least wait for 2 weeks to see what the technique is even about before going nuclear over it.

FT haters dont even wait an hour to start cursing. And i did not curse. I made a comparasion.

I will wait to see how this roles in Luffy´s case. And Gear 4 must a really cool upgrade :D
Apr 9, 2015 3:45 AM

May 2014
TrueHaremKing said:
Viltsu300 said:

Yeah, its ok
Apr 9, 2015 3:47 AM

May 2014
zeozen said:
kakoa1234 said:

it's not really out of nowhere tho is it. This is after two years of training with rayliegh, and this is luffy's first real challenge after that. So far it has been enough to showcase his haki, but it wouldnt have made sense for him not to come up with a special technique. I havent read fairy tail so I can't compare. :p

I know that. But Luffy never used such things before (He dint need it maybe)

But for exemple. Natsu vs Sting and Rogue everyone said it was asspull and shit caus natsu solo them... But Natsu trained Second Origin.

Erza (A lot of her fights are kinda dumb true) got a new Armor after Second Origin and everyone said it was asspull.

Its ok.
Apr 2015
kakoa1234 said:
TrueHaremKing said:

Yeah, its ok

You compare FT to Op . lel com on what do you expect? you must be insulted.
Jan 2014
fckkkkkkkkkkk that breakkkkkkkkkkk, ODA HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME, IM GONNA PULL A CARTMAN AND FREEZE MYSELF, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.
Apr 9, 2015 3:49 AM

May 2014
TrueHaremKing said:
kakoa1234 said:

Yeah, its ok

I dint compare internelly. I compared when someone gets a power up "out of nowhere"

One piece is indeed better wrote than FT.

But i just dont get the community who says FT character gets suddenly power ups (Which is false! They explain how. Unless Erza xD)
But in OP everyone loves that
Apr 9, 2015 3:59 AM
Apr 2015
Luffy Saiyan mode? :o
Apr 9, 2015 4:01 AM

Dec 2013
kakoa1234 said:
TrueHaremKing said:

I dint compare internelly. I compared when someone gets a power up "out of nowhere"

But i just dont get the community who says FT character gets suddenly power ups (Which is false! They explain how. Unless Erza xD)

This was pretty inevitable and is probably due to his training during the time skip
Apr 9, 2015 4:06 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I was hoping to see a "Gear 4" someday and it's finally going to happen! HYPE! Hype for next chapter which is........................2 weeks away. Yeah...

Anyway, this chapter was freakin' amazing! Luffy's battle against Doffy should be coming to an end very soon.
Apr 9, 2015 4:19 AM

Oct 2011
Finally! GEAAAAR 4!!!!

Apr 9, 2015 4:21 AM

Mar 2012
GEAR 4? The hype is real

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Apr 9, 2015 4:22 AM

Oct 2011
kakoa1234 said:

In FT the new techniques are always out of nowhere, not to mention that each character has more stamina than even Kenpachi.
We've been waiting for Luffy's new techniques ever since the time skip happened, it's not "out of nowhere"

Apr 9, 2015 4:26 AM

Oct 2009
kakoa1234 said:

One piece might have some asspulls but don't compare it with FT. Anything is better than that shit, everyone knows that FT is a giant asspull all by itself.
Apr 9, 2015 4:27 AM

Jan 2015
Shit just got real! I'm so hyped and yet so sad cus no chapter next week :(
Apr 9, 2015 4:27 AM
Apr 2014
omg, omg, OMG! this is it, GEAR 4 BABY!!!!
Apr 9, 2015 4:28 AM

May 2014
TheDodo said:
kakoa1234 said:

One piece might have some asspulls but don't compare it with FT. Anything is better than that shit, everyone knows that FT is a giant asspull all by itself.

Everyone? 80% of the haters doesnt even watch FT. They assume it as asspull because everyone is stayin that. Nuff said.

Ans pisses me off that OP does that and no one bats an eye because of his populoraty-
Apr 9, 2015 4:29 AM
Feb 2014
>Gear 4 is finally gonna happen
>Break next week

Thanks Oda boiiii
Nevertheless excited to see it, though I hope it won't be some super OP technique Luffy's gonna spam from now own everytime Gear 2 or Gear 3 won't do the trick
Apr 9, 2015 4:30 AM

May 2014
G_Spark233 said:
kakoa1234 said:

This was pretty inevitable and is probably due to his training during the time skip

True. But now everyone is calling shit Natsu one shotting fodder after his timeskip.

Obsiouvly he would wreck this fodders if he is gonna try to fight Zeref and Acno.

Luffy with Gear 4 must really OP. And Donflamingo is much mroe weak because of Law. Luffy may win
Apr 9, 2015 4:32 AM

Oct 2009
kakoa1234 said:
TheDodo said:

Everyone? 80% of the haters doesnt even watch FT. They assume it as asspull because everyone is stayin that. Nuff said.

Ans pisses me off that OP does that and no one bats an eye because of his populoraty-

I have read and watched FT, I know how the story goes. I don't overrate One Piece either, I stopped watching the anime version and I don't always read the chapters in details.
Apr 9, 2015 4:33 AM

May 2014
The breaks Oda makes are to much... damn

Jun 2011
MANNNN I AM SOOOOO HYPEEEEEEEED. I heard the next chapter is going to come out 2 weeks later.. not 1 week. :/ Daaaaamn at least let us take a good look of that Gear 4th first.. ):

kakoa1234 said:

It's the way it was written and revealed. We all knew Luffy had more to him, and fans have been expecting this since way back.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Nov 2013
Enough of this quotewar. So, what will gear 4 be?
Apr 9, 2015 4:34 AM

Oct 2013
ODA HAS DONE IT AGAIN GEAR FOURTH IS A GO!!!!!

IT WAS AMAZBALLS THE HPYE IS UNREA!!!
Apr 9, 2015 4:35 AM

May 2014
TheDodo said:
kakoa1234 said:

I have read and watched FT, I know how the story goes. I don't overrate One Piece either, I stopped watching the anime version and I don't always read the chapters in details.

I didnt mention you dont see FT. I said 80% doesnr watch and say what the others who doesnt like say.

FT = "No one dies"

OP = It took 500 chapters to finally someone imporant to die. Ace.

Thats an exemple. But OP ia far more popular than FT so Ft has no chance here. No one will care
Apr 9, 2015 4:36 AM
Feb 2014
kakoa1234 said:
G_Spark233 said:

True. But now everyone is calling shit Natsu one shotting fodder after his timeskip.

Obsiouvly he would wreck this fodders if he is gonna try to fight Zeref and Acno.

Luffy with Gear 4 must really OP. And Donflamingo is much mroe weak because of Law. Luffy may win

Can you, like, not bring Fairy Tail into this? Because by doing so, it sounds like to me you're an angry FT fanboy who pointlessly defends it in every thread when that shouldn't happen in the first place since no one was talking about it here.
Apr 9, 2015 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
Oh snap that cliff hanger, and a hiatus with it but that's fine Oda-sensei needs the rest. Amazing chapter, wow Gear 4 never in a million years, I wonder what'll it look like.

Cavendish: "Entrust -> Faith->Charisma->Popularity-> Straw hat is my fan!?" - Lmao Cavendish

Doflamingo had a point though, "Fufufu!! Please, the unfortunate are to be found everywhere! There's simply no saving them all! There's too many! Far too many for a mere pirate passing through. Why the Hero complex!?"
Apr 9, 2015 4:38 AM

Jun 2011
@kakoa1234

Man I loved the dialogues in this chapter, Law's, Cavendish's, and Luffy's. This Luffy reminds me a lot of Enies Lobby Luffy. Loved how everything led up to Luffy's speech, and the cliffhanger,
Monkey said:
No, it's you who is blocking my path! You've made my friends cry of pain, and upset my partners! Even so, you aren't defeated. That is why I am taking over the job of defeating you! I will not let anyone die anymore! It's you and your birdcage blocking my path to proceed further,

Gear "4"

EPIC. FANGASM.
ToG25thBaamApr 9, 2015 4:44 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 9, 2015 4:39 AM

May 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
MANNNN I AM SOOOOO HYPEEEEEEEED. I heard the next chapter is going to come out 2 weeks later.. not 1 week. :/ Daaaaamn at least let us take a good look of that Gear 4th first.. ):

kakoa1234 said:

It's the way it was written and revealed. We all knew Luffy had more to him, and fans have been expecting this since way back.

You do realize Natsu and Gajeel were testing them right? And thats what they meant. Difficulty? They even made jokes after Sting blew up the stadium. If Natsu was all torn apart, bleeding etc. I would get it. But Natsu started to be serious and finish them off. Simple.

See thats what am i saying about "asspulls". Luffy has an excuse because he trained.

Natsu and Gajeel also trained (Natsu even got Second Origin) and they get the asspull title.
They are far more pwoerfull than Sting and Rogue.
Apr 9, 2015 4:41 AM

Feb 2012
kakoa1234 said:
The breaks Oda makes are to much... damn

Even Oda needs some sleep sometimes and he doesn't get any of that on normal days.
This guy can take as many breaks as he wants as long as it helps him create the best fighting shounen ever.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Apr 9, 2015 4:42 AM

May 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
kakoa1234 said:

BRO, you must first understand that being more popular means getting more hate, it's not the opposite.

kakoa1234 said:

There was NO, and I stress, NO TIME SKIP for Natsu and the gangs from Tenrou Island first time skip I mean, they were annihilated by Acnologia like few minutes before.. By your logic everyone who tried fighting Zeref and Acnologia must be real strong? And no, Sting and Rouge were not fodder, until they were fodderized by Mashima.

I was teeling about Tartaros Time Skip. Natsu came strong.

In tentou Isnland Natsu and the others trained very ahrd. Natsu, Erza, Gray etc. even got Second Origin.
And it was made clear Sting or Rogue dont match Gajeel and Natsu. They never won.
Apr 9, 2015 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
FUCKEN GEAR 4, OH GOSH IM SO STOKED FOR IT!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

33 by Kanelbullar »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.