Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 31, 2015 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
xshizuneix said:
PoeticJustice said:

People have been doing this shit for a long time. What makes bruce so special that he shouldn't be made fun of? People have made fun of rape, pedophilia, murder, genocide but this is where we are going to draw the line? Are you fucking kidding me?

True, I don't get what the big deal is. The LGBT community has been criticized a million times, so a joke by a celebrity shouldn't be worth the attention. People can be with whoever they want for all I care (got my full support!), but its not going to stop people from making stupid jokes. We shouldn't go crazy over a joke guys. Yall need to calm down.

I mean, I used to be a part of the LGBT community (gay)

Then someone in it literally asked me "What, are you gay because vagina's aren't good enough for you?" and it turned into a huge flame war against me and other fellow gays.

And then I decided I would stop associating myself with Social Justice or even the LGBT movement.
Mar 31, 2015 9:58 PM

Oct 2009
I think it all rooted in granted overflowing rights of not-being offended by the law of the nation (antisemitism, racism, feminism, LGBT, etc.), and the self entitlement of opinion that is fed by misconception of freedom of speech and tolerance.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 31, 2015 9:59 PM

May 2013
Thats my question too.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 31, 2015 9:59 PM

May 2012
sammario said:
lnfo said:
im especially sensitive today
Then you most likely want to murder everyone on the internet
thats what i call a 10 where im at 5 - kind of sensitive
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Mar 31, 2015 10:05 PM

Sep 2014
azzuRe said:
I think it all rooted in granted overflowing rights of not-being offended by the law of the nation (antisemitism, racism, feminism, LGBT, etc.), and the self entitlement of opinion that is fed by misconception of freedom of speech and tolerance.

I like how you call that a misconception, as it is. There is a fine line between freedom of speech and hate talk.
Mar 31, 2015 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
Foxford said:
azzuRe said:

I like how you call that a misconception, as it is. There is a fine line between freedom of speech and hate talk.

I feel like anyone should be able to say what they want, as long as it's not PROVEN that they're doing something illegal based on any trait they have. I hate how just because there might be a chance someone said something mean to you based on a trait you have, it suddenly supersedes all harassment laws. I understand people don't enjoy racism, but just because some is being racist doesn't mean they should be suddenly way worse than the person who said some extremely rude things to someone of the same race and gender.
Mar 31, 2015 10:11 PM

Nov 2009
You think people are sensitive nowadays? Go check out the Inquisitions bro. People didn't just voice how butt hurt they were . . . They killed those who dared to try and hurt their butt.
Mar 31, 2015 10:21 PM

Jul 2011
Foxford said:
I believe that people should be able to joke and talk about everything. Its not only a part of freedom of speech but also how the mind of many people works. I really do believe that laughing things off makes it easier on people and helps them have an easier, more relaxed, attitude to life.
I dont mind your view, i understand it to a certain extent, but there is no need to be so rude about it. Many opinions differ, but being offended really means nothing, if you come to thing about it. Its just a feeling very often associated with distaste. The fact that people go through so many hateful actions due to being "offended" is ridiculous to me.

I get what youre saying, people should be open and talk about things etc, but these jokes can also desensitize people and make them apathetic.
And yeah, people do ridiculous shit when theyre offended, but... people who have a large audience/fanbase should also be somewhat more considerate of others before mocking someone/something that lots of people take seriously. Im not trying to excuse or defend the lunatics who were involved in the charlie hebdo shooting btw but mocking millions of muslims with naked Muhammad cartoons and calling it satire is a bit much. The rest of the world isnt like the US, lots of people find these types of things to be in bad taste and will judge you anyway
Mar 31, 2015 10:40 PM

Jun 2013
Alot of people need to learn to laugh at themselves more. How can you ever be happy if you're constantly butthurt over ever little stereotype or joke you hear?

I work with a lot of stuck up bitches. ;-;
WHAT IS THIS
Mar 31, 2015 11:14 PM

Aug 2013
Foxford said:
I believe that people should be able to joke and talk about everything. Its not only a part of freedom of speech but also how the mind of many people works. I really do believe that laughing things off makes it easier on people and helps them have an easier, more relaxed, attitude to life.
I dont mind your view, i understand it to a certain extent, but there is no need to be so rude about it. Many opinions differ, but being offended really means nothing, if you come to thing about it. Its just a feeling very often associated with distaste. The fact that people go through so many hateful actions due to being "offended" is ridiculous to me.

I kind of agree with this.
I think people get so offended nowadays partly because they have no bigger problems. If you had bigger problems, why would you get offended by some tweets. It's good I guess, that things are so good that we have time to whine about such things.
Mar 31, 2015 11:20 PM

Oct 2009
Yume said:
Alot of people need to learn to laugh at themselves more. How can you ever be happy if you're constantly butthurt over ever little stereotype or joke you hear?

People are butthurt not because they can't laugh at themselves, but because people are laughing at something that they think is non-laughable matters. It is not about the sense of humor or self sensibility, but about the differences in how people value things and where they draw the borders.
Mar 31, 2015 11:20 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I don't mind people pointing out that something wasn't in good taste or offensive, but I just don't like how once you make a comment, everyone just hates you no matter how many times you apologize, how much you donate to show that you actually support the cause your comment was/was seemingly against, and so on.
We're all still learning, so don't make people out to be villains as we're learning or else we're only going to go on the defensive and nothing is going to be solved.

We do need to note that we can't exactly change someone's sense of humor. Also note that no one is stopping you from saying anything, just know that whatever you say can come with consequences.

One more thing! Just because we've been doing something for a long time doesn't mean what we've been doing is good. Look at slavery; we did that for a long time. We discriminated against minorities for long time. We denied gays to marry-- and in some places still deny gays to marry-- for a long time. Appeal to tradition doesn't work here.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 31, 2015 11:39 PM

Jun 2013
azzuRe said:
Yume said:

People are butthurt not because they can't laugh at themselves, but because people are laughing at something that they think is non-laughable matters. It is not about the sense of humor or self sensibility, but about the differences in how people value things and where they draw the borders.

They're being way too sensitive, the world isn't all kittens and sunshine, fkn suck it up. I'm not condoning abuse or bullying but the people who get overly offended at someone else's fun, even when it has nothing to do with said person, are fucking annoying and need to get over it.
Obviously there are alot of insensitive people out there who don't account for anyone else's feelings, and they should, but what I don't understand is why people let a random fucks joke or comment ruin their day when it was in no way meant to hurt them.

That's my rant for the day. Goodnight folks.
YumeMar 31, 2015 11:52 PM
WHAT IS THIS
Apr 1, 2015 12:39 AM

Aug 2014
Black humor is like food not everyone gets it.
Apr 1, 2015 12:49 AM

Oct 2009
Yume said:
azzuRe said:

They're being way too sensitive, the world isn't all kittens and sunshine, fkn suck it up. I'm not condoning abuse or bullying but the people who get overly offended at someone else's fun, even when it has nothing to do with said person, are fucking annoying and need to get over it.
Obviously there are alot of insensitive people out there who don't account for anyone else's feelings, and they should, but what I don't understand is why people let a random fucks joke or comment ruin their day when it was in no way meant to hurt them.

That's my rant for the day. Goodnight folks.

Well that is why it was actually part of the problem of a 'free' world. While in one hand you have the freedom to express your opinion why something is stupid, others also has the freedom to express that they feels offended by your statement. To put it simple, there are more 'offended' people nowadays because people can't seems to stop of making fun out of each others. You can see that there are lots of people making fun of small things just as much as people offended by small things.
Apr 1, 2015 1:10 AM

Jan 2014
It's the liberals.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 1, 2015 1:15 AM

Oct 2013
I'm not sensitive. Everybody is just really mean these days.
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 1, 2015 1:31 AM

Feb 2012
Blame all those baby boomers and the children they raised.
Apr 1, 2015 1:47 AM

Nov 2014
Maybe it's just you getting tougher, op
Apr 1, 2015 1:48 AM

Jan 2015
There are people who care about what other people say/joke about?

Whoa.
Apr 1, 2015 3:27 AM

Jan 2014
It's not so much that people have become sensitive as people have become even more insensitive.
Apr 1, 2015 6:44 AM

Jul 2014
eyyy poetic as long as you have me you should be fine
Apr 1, 2015 8:02 AM

Jan 2015
Foxford said:
People just take their life too seriously due to personal insecurity and being afraid that they might have their views offended. I find it ridiculous. There needs to be a limt.
In my country, Poland, polish farmers were "offended" because our Prime Minister told Hungarian president that their strawberries are better than Polish. He was just being polite!
He had to make a formal apology after he came back to our country....
so embarassing

Your prime minister was right though ;P
Apr 1, 2015 8:05 AM

Sep 2014
I never said he wasnt :P
Its just an example of how ridicolous my nation has become. Also, im pretty sure if some other politician said it, they wouldnt mind it that much. Farmers didnt like him in general as he was part of the political party that supports EU. Ehhhh,,

Your work has been noted my daughter, you are one step closer to salvation
Apr 1, 2015 8:15 AM

Dec 2013
Bing, bang, boom! Resident pseudo intellectual here to save the day with a paraphrased quote.

"Humor is what allows us to take lifes most unfortunate misfortunes and deal with them in the healthiest way possible"

Further on the topic humor is all about surprising your brain, that is what the internet told me. Might seem completely irrelevant though. The argument of finding this or that funny is illogical, people have different things that make them laugh whether it be racism, a witty observation or making fun of hipsters.

But to be honest upset hipsters are the best, my life would feel slightly more empty if hipsters suddenly grew insensitive.
Apr 1, 2015 9:05 AM
Oct 2014
I have a very negative view on sensitive people, in the meaning of immature sensitivity. Not that I want to defend the rude ones, because they throw up a lot of unnecessary shit too, but being a self-centered egoists who can't take not being beloved by everyone and everything is worse, who just has to care about everything and making a mountain out of a spring is really annoying and even worse than rudeness.

Why so many are like this is because they've been spoild all their life. I've never seen this trait in people which have had a fair share of shit in their lives, unless they've dealed with it very badly in a immature way.

Now when we have social media, they can feed each others with self-pitty.

Apr 1, 2015 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
I hope I'm famous someday so I can make offensive jokes and not apologize because they're fucking jokes and get the stick outta your ass, internet.
Apr 1, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2012
That's because people nowadays are retarded.

The SJWs, oh my fucking... Oh shit when I see them posting. I should make a Twitter account and butcher each one of them.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 1, 2015 10:00 AM

Jan 2013
Triggering... Muh condition... Can't resist urge to... Squel like a pig....

REEEEEE-REEEEEEE-REEEEEEEE!

OPPRESSION!

PATRIARCHY!

TRANSPHOBIA!

I'M REPORTING THIS TO MY TUMBLR ARMY!
Apr 1, 2015 10:04 AM

Apr 2012
DoctorCaim said:
Triggering... Muh condition... Can't resist urge to... Squel like a pig....

REEEEEE-REEEEEEE-REEEEEEEE!

OPPRESSION!

PATRIARCHY!

TRANSPHOBIA!

I'M REPORTING THIS TO MY TUMBLR ARMY!
HORK! HORK! HORK!

*WHERG WHERG WHERG*

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
STOP MOCKING ME

CIS MALE!
REEEEEEEEEEEE
HE'S RAPING MY INTELLIGENCE
REEEEEEEEEEEE
FEMALE POLICE OFFICER PLEASE
REEEEEEEEEEEE
Apr 1, 2015 10:23 AM

Apr 2012

hork hork hork

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 10:29 AM

Jun 2011
DrCoppelius said:
Jamie Foxx made a snarky joke about a subject that he knew was a sensitive point. People may or may not be too sensitive, but he's an idiot if he didn't expect it to backfire.
If you whine about it, aren't you just as sensitive?
calling ppl out on their retardation doesn't make you sensitive.... just means you hate how some ppl are
Apr 1, 2015 10:33 AM

May 2014
Because we protect the ignorant and cuddle the minorities, in the end society becomes a soup of these views and loses individuality.
I've been here way too long...
Apr 1, 2015 10:37 AM

Jun 2011
TheConquerer said:
Because we protect the ignorant and cuddle the minorities, in the end society becomes a soup of these views and loses individuality.
I like this answer right here
Apr 1, 2015 10:43 AM

Apr 2012
Just to add more salt to the wounds, this is basically what people are becoming:

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
lol^

Apr 1, 2015 10:47 AM

Apr 2012
DoctorCaim said:
lol^

I laughed so hard at this.

http://patri-archie-comics.tumblr.com/post/112603056212/barber-whatchu-want-her-could-you-just-like

This is basically what would happen if all feminists would come together.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 10:48 AM

Oct 2008
Think that people just had enough of gays and transsexuals people being the butt (no pun intended) of all jokes for far to long and got sick of it.
Personally I think that in this case it was quite a crude and "much to easy" jab at someone who besides being old has had enough shit poured on him from all sides for so many years,at least go for someone who can properly defend himself if you're such a big shot comedian/funny guy...
Apr 1, 2015 10:50 AM

Apr 2012
It's the patriarchy, amateur.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 11:12 AM

Oct 2013
Eh, Nobody has actually gotten more sensitive. It's just a lot easier for people who are to be heard than it used to be.
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 1, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
nomstuff said:
Eh, Nobody has actually gotten more sensitive. It's just a lot easier for people who are to be heard than it used to be.
I never thought of it like that. It's also easier to express yourself without any repercussions. People can find each other with similar ideas and then make a hugbox community for themselves, like what happened on Tumblr.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty much. The internet has made it far easier to surround yourself with people who think just like you do, or enjoy the same things you do. You don't have put up with those pesky opposing views as much.
Mitsu knows.

My Manga list
Apr 1, 2015 11:25 AM

Oct 2013
The media has always been known to blow things up. But honestly, I have seen a lot of people get more offended than they should. There are topics that should not be touched on or to go too far on. However, I have seen a lot of people overreact to jokes. Perhaps just telling the person calmly that it was somewhat wrong, but don't blow it up like someone decided to drop a bomb on a country...
Apr 11, 2015 11:06 AM

Aug 2014
BUMP
Apr 11, 2015 11:11 AM

May 2012
sensitive cause by now they are used to my touch
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 11, 2015 11:21 AM

Dec 2012
Because Embryo applied his magic touch to all the 1st world vermin.

Those jokes sucked, but peace and privilege has robbed people of thick skin.
Apr 11, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2010
cuz there has always been people that are offended easily or can't take a joke.
Apr 11, 2015 11:35 AM

Nov 2014
Foxford said:
In my country, Poland, polish farmers were "offended" because our Prime Minister told Hungarian president that their strawberries are better than Polish. He was just being polite!
He had to make a formal apology after he came back to our country....
so embarassing

O_o please tell me you're joking about this.
Apr 11, 2015 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
When were things ever any different?

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 31 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

27 by KitsuFrost »»
26 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

44 by Vampire_Lord »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.