Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2015 5:46 AM
Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Bad CGI Mizuki-san really inspired me to keep working hard, Otome. Now look at me— I'm Starlight Queen, baby!"
It's always nice to see the older cast get a bit more screentime, as it really puts the more recent episodes of Akari and the gang in perspective. Sakura's voice fits that song really well, so I'm not too surprised that she won!
Mar 14, 2015 11:13 PM

Jan 2009
Eh, another meh episode. Secondary characters like kamiya always seem to shine in these situations.

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 15, 2015 9:03 AM

Jan 2012
Nice! Looks like the actual Mizuki is still around and kicking it.
Mar 19, 2015 6:53 AM

Jan 2013
Now Sakura-san is the Queen, huh..
Why has Ichigo never become the Queen?
Overall too rushed episode, but quite okay.

Mar 25, 2015 9:55 PM

Jul 2008
lol...they moved the tradition from fall to spring just so we could see Sakura win before she left middle school...

I love the older cast, but I kind of wish the show would pick a side. Sprinkling them in like this is not as good as either focusing on them completely or moving onto the new girls.

They definitely made the competition easier to enter. Weren't the requirements during S1 like, you have to do 3 special appeals in a concert to even qualify?

Lichtspiel said:

Why has Ichigo never become the Queen?

If I remember correctly, Aoi and Ichigo transferred into Starlight while Mizuki was the reigning queen. During their second year they competed with her and lost. Then Ichigo went abroad for a year and Mizuki left the academy. During that time Otome became the queen. Now it is a year later (ish) and Sakura won.
May 30, 2015 8:14 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Powa Puri ruling the Starlight Queen title. That title will surely propel Sakura into bigger things. Ichigo, Aoi don't need the title because they are already big idols. Although I would have liked to see Ran become Starlight Queen.

I'm surprised the new girls like Sumire and Juri didn't make it to top 8 finalist.

I heard Sakura being called a 1st year. Why is that?

Oh and I liked the Shion moments. Been forever since she last appeared.

Sep 10, 2015 12:21 AM

Apr 2011
Nice to see Sakura become the new Starlight Queen, but for me Ichigo should have been the Queen. its one that I really want to see. Too bad.

Next episode we'll see Soleil now. Cool!
Nov 15, 2015 3:26 AM
Aug 2012
Wow! Pleasant surprise: Soleil episode - me fav unit in Aikatsu world!
Mar 9, 2016 5:03 PM

Apr 2012
Aww yeah, seeing Sakura become queen was great.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 15, 2018 9:41 PM

Jul 2015
They used bad CGI Mizuki in the memories, ayyy.

Sakura is a worthy Starlight queen, I'm glad that she won. I also found quite neat to see our main four getting eliminated in the first round, they have a long way to go before being able to reach that level (and makes even more impressive once again how Mizuki won that during her first year and the next two, what a beast.
Sep 15, 2021 1:37 AM

Feb 2020
It was a very rushed competition, but Sakura is definitely a worthy Queen. I'm so happy for her! ^_^

Dec 4, 2023 12:55 PM
Dec 2023
I wish this episode could've been a two-parter, I also think it was rushed, but at least the season 4 Starlight Queen competition made up for it

Sakura becoming Starlight Queen wasn't too surprising, considering that it was foreshadowed over these past few episodes, but did she deserve it? Hell yeah! <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 79 Discussion

billybob300c - Apr 24, 2014

18 by aloradear »»
Apr 24, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.