Forum Settings
Forums

American teen flies 7000 miles for online love- She rejects him (pics)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 8, 2015 2:06 PM

Jan 2012
BruceLad said:
cupc said:
Better luck next time Kappa

Apr 19, 2015 9:41 PM

Mar 2012
Gov said:
A lovesick American teenager almost died after getting drunk and nearly drowning in a river when he was dumped by a young Chinese woman he flew 7000 miles to visit.

The 18-year-old, who was only named by his surname Pratt in Chinese media, had travelled from his home state of Ohio across to Jiangshan, a city in Zhejiang province in China, after becoming infatuated with a young woman he had met online.

But after getting the cold shoulder from his online ladylove when he turned up, he started drinking and was found suffering from hypothermia and unconscious on the staircase leading down into the Xu River.

A spokesman from the Cheng Bei Police Station quoted on Qianjiang TV said: 'He was unconscious and lying in a pool of his own vomit. It looks as if he might have fallen in the water at some stage as his clothes and shoes were soaked. To be honest he was so inebriated, he could easily have drowned. It was only a short distance to the water.'

Pratt was taken to a local hospital and after regaining consciousness discovered that he had also managed to lose all of his money meaning he could no longer pay for his hotel room.

However after hearing about his hard luck story, the hotel manager decided to let the teenager have the room for free.

He admitted to police that he did not know the girl's real name, only her online pseudonym which was Xiaoqian, and he also admitted he had only started talking to her this year. Because she had perfect English and great photographs, he had fallen head over heels in love and had promised to come and visit her.

Police said it appears the young woman may not have taken him seriously until he suddenly turned up in Xiamen, in Fujian Province, and then went to Jiangshan to meet the girl.

Detectives confirmed from his mobile phone that he did try to ring her several times, after which he was told to leave her alone – and his number was blocked.

Depressed about the rejection, Pratt had started drinking and was last seen cursing and staggering near Xu River, where he was found passed out later that night.

Police tracked the young woman down, but she again refused to meet him despite hearing about the fact that he had almost died.

A police spokesman said: 'We followed his progress until he left the country, and he is already on the plane back to the United States.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2975990/Infatuated-American-teen-drowns-freezing-Chinese-river-flying-7-000-miles-meet-girl-fell-love-internet-getting-blind-drunk-told-wasn-t-interested.html

RIP

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
Apr 20, 2015 8:26 AM
May 2009
VJhayashi said:
Why/How do people even fall in love online? It's so overly pretentious

Because people can, Just like people can fall in love with a character in a book, you can fall in love with a person over the internet.
Apr 20, 2015 10:17 AM

Mar 2008
This is what he gets for being clueless and overly aggressive. And this is what she gets for posting her pics online.
Apr 20, 2015 4:35 PM

Mar 2010
Well that clearly wasn't planned well.
Apr 22, 2015 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
When virtuality meets reality ... i hope some people will slowly learn how to use internet properly, and that this kind of stories does not multiply.

This is really frightening, even if i'd like to know what kind of discussions they really had on internet before making any further judgment.
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
Apr 22, 2015 8:04 PM

Oct 2014
Ginko13 said:
weak ass in my opinion. Flew that far for an asian girl, especially as a teenager, what the hell did he think was going to happen...

And his parents or family just let him off like that?
LOL cut the guy some slack. RIP brother
Apr 22, 2015 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
Why tf would he fly 7000 miles for a girl that doesn't even like him. What an idiot. Honestly.
Apr 23, 2015 9:41 AM

Feb 2013
ibrahim2712 said:
Why tf would he fly 7000 miles for a girl that doesn't even like him. What an idiot. Honestly.
Some people are so depressed and/or lonely they're able tp deceive themselves. He was probably more desperate than idiot ...
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
Apr 23, 2015 9:48 AM

May 2014
13lue said:

RIP
Good job quoting the entire OP without putting it in spoilers and posting a 3 letter reply. Retard.
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Apr 24, 2015 8:19 PM

Mar 2014
What's the point of pixelating all the pictures except one?
May 7, 2015 10:11 AM

May 2014
dis is why people keep telling DEAD beats to do something productive with their time instead of wasting it on dumb shit like dis .... i didnt even feel sorry for the guy tbh., he had dis coming ... more like "grow the fuk up ??!!" comes to mind.
hope he uses dis as a wake up call and changes this route he is currently on.
May 7, 2015 3:31 PM
May 2015
I know this is a bumped thread but it's kinda depressing how so many people are sympathising with him and think she's a bitch for not meeting the guy who is basically her stalker. He didn't even know her real name, that's all anyone needs to know. He most probably flattered her a little, she was probably polite, so he went and tracked her down. She was most likely freaked the hell out.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
May 7, 2015 3:41 PM

Dec 2014
No pussy is worth that.

If he wanted sideways pussy he should of just gone to Chinatown in the states.
May 7, 2015 4:29 PM

Jun 2014
That's why you should never fall in love with an internet person, no matter what.
May 7, 2015 8:07 PM

Apr 2015
NebulaC3I said:
Protaku94 said:
A prayer for our fallen brother in the friendzone

Amen. Let's have a moment of silence and take this lesson to heart. His sacrifice will be remembered.

those cops tho!

you can see it all on their faces.....dumbass americans lol
May 7, 2015 8:12 PM

Jan 2013
American teen flies 7000 miles

Still better than Goku at the beginning of Androids saga.
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
May 8, 2015 12:29 AM

Aug 2007
Fizix said:
I know this is a bumped thread but it's kinda depressing how so many people are sympathising with him and think she's a bitch for not meeting the guy who is basically her stalker. He didn't even know her real name, that's all anyone needs to know. He most probably flattered her a little, she was probably polite, so he went and tracked her down. She was most likely freaked the hell out.

No she was called a bitch for saying she didn't care he almost died.
May 8, 2015 4:29 AM
May 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
Fizix said:

She said she didn't want to see him. That's perfectly reasonable, she owes him nothing and shouldn't be expected to go running to him because he nearly died.

He was an unhinged guy who was obsessed with her, it should hardly be surprising that she wanted to steer clear of him.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
May 8, 2015 8:29 AM

May 2015
Chief Keef tried to kill himself over some girl...man, how sad.
May 8, 2015 11:39 AM

Aug 2007
Fizix said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

She said she didn't want to see him. That's perfectly reasonable, she owes him nothing and shouldn't be expected to go running to him because he nearly died.

He was an unhinged guy who was obsessed with her, it should hardly be surprising that she wanted to steer clear of him.

"Police tracked the young woman down, but she again refused to meet him despite hearing about the fact that he had almost died."
May 8, 2015 11:44 AM
May 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
Fizix said:

"Police tracked the young woman down, but she again refused to meet him despite hearing about the fact that he had almost died."

Exactly, she didn't want to meet him, and like I said, I don't blame her and nobody should expect her too. Just because he drank himself stupid does not mean she should then go and meet her stalkerish admirer.

In fact that's probably the last thing she should do as it would give him false hope. These types of people will cling onto whatever they can.
FizixMay 8, 2015 11:57 AM
May 8, 2015 3:38 PM

Jul 2014
Protaku94 said:
A prayer for our fallen brother in the friendzone
May 8, 2015 3:41 PM

May 2015
Waifu don't love him back. He must train in the battlefields of moe~ to become waifu's senpai.
My Dumb Youtube channel that honest to heart I'm not plugging on my signature to try to get views because I'm desperate.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6D4SN3Dl1b1T5CjdvQgFKA
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.