Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 3, 2015 8:07 PM

Sep 2014
ugh this show is wonderful >///<

yun was great this episode. it was nice seeing the dynamic between him and yona, and how they frequently rely on each other and work together. it was also nice to see yona's god tier death glare twice. my only problem with this episode is how yona didn't really use her bow towards the end, but whatever.
Mar 3, 2015 8:36 PM

Jan 2011
While she's been practising her accuracy with the bow, I don't recall seeing her practice quick firing to be able to take down half a dozen men who are standing within 10 meters of her. Using the bow to intimidate is much better than instigating a fire-fight when you're too close to the opposition. Yona's job isn't to take on a ship full of enemies single-handedly, her job is to signal the pirates so that the cavalry (Green Dragon, Hak, and the others) can come to the rescue.

I also expect that we haven't seen the last of Yuri and the captured women. I haven't read the manga, but I think she's going to do more than hit one official over the head. While Yona is developing her courage and physical strength, she also is becoming quite skilled at inspiring and commanding other people--good skills for a princess who has to fight to reclaim her throne.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 3, 2015 8:56 PM
Jan 2013
Can we just say that yona bravery in this episode is amazinggggg!!! like the fire in her eyes ahhh i got so excited to see. like u dont get to see alot of brave female protagonist in anime. but yona totally steals it here!!! ahhhh cant wait for the new eps!!
Mar 3, 2015 8:57 PM

Jul 2011
Yeah, yeah, throw away your weapon Yona. That's a smart move.

But I just love her eyes, goddamn. They're beastly!

MirorinMar 3, 2015 9:06 PM
Mar 3, 2015 8:58 PM
Sep 2014
This episode started okay... and then it... BOOM. That cliffhanger!!!! WHY?! I screamed!! This series is very well paced and it's beautifully animated and this episode the soundtrack placement was PERFECT and it made me root for Yona more than I ever did before. If this series doesn't get a second season I'm gonna get MAD.

Mar 3, 2015 9:34 PM

Jul 2013
Ah so good! I love Yona's eyes in this ep, and all the struggles felt really intense. Also I have no idea how this is going to end in just 3 episodes. There HAS to be a second season.

sparkls said:
Is anyone going to talk about the fact that she dropped her bow and arrow, then ran to yun, and ran all the way back, all while no one caught her? She would have been within arm's reach getting the firework.

I agree though, that was terrible writing and not good for Yona's development as a fighter either. I hope small things like that fade out over time.
Mar 3, 2015 10:02 PM

Mar 2012
Canopus said:
I guess we all agree that it was a very unnatural scene.
Maybe we can fix it, kek.

>Yona aims at the guards
>One of them doesn't give a fuck and takes few steps forward
>Yona shoots his arm or anywhere non-fatal
>Guards freak out because of Yona's sheer awesomeness while failing to notice Ao taking the gunpowder and running at mach 20 towards Yona
>Yona takes the firework and runs, reaching the light and setting it off just before the guards catch her

:3

I'll just pretend like this is what happened. xP This sits a lot better with me than what actually happened.
Mar 3, 2015 10:08 PM

Aug 2008
So these fearless human traffickers who have no problem beating and killing innocent people backed down because of a girl's "death stare"? Uh-huh, because I'm sure none of the girls they've trafficked before ever given them a death stare. Seriously, that part was really stupid.

But other than the stupid death stare scene, this episode was pretty cool. I like the cliffhanger at the end, and I definitely want to see Yona and the others kick some butt in the next episode.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 3, 2015 10:13 PM

Sep 2014
Old_Raven said:
I have nothing to say except HOLY FUCKING HELL WHAT THE FLOWER?! THAT GLARE WAS SAVAGE!

That fire in her eyes, damn. The only part I didn't love about this episode was the way Yona ran towards Yun to retrieve the firecracker while the pirates just stood there. I don't know. I was hoping she'd get into beastmode. Oh well.

I can't believe there are only 3 episodes left!! I would LOVE a second season but regardless, I am so reading the manga after this is done.

[/center]
Mar 3, 2015 10:59 PM

Aug 2012
Master_Yoma said:
Those eyes
Whose are they?
Mar 3, 2015 11:18 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Master_Yoma said:
Those eyes
Whose are they?

> "Sono me, dare no me?"

Couldn't resist from saying that once I saw these posts. It's an anime reference, btw.

Mar 3, 2015 11:20 PM

Jul 2012
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg ....

FANF*CKINGTASTIC EPISODE. THE ENDING WAS UGHHHH SO GOOD. THAT CLIFFHANGER. OMG. LOVE THIS SERIES. <3
Mar 4, 2015 12:03 AM

May 2010
Woahh, that ended too early for Me! :O
I was like 'yeah, gooo!' and it ended. ; A ;

DamNNN, next ep hurry up!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 4, 2015 12:43 AM

Mar 2008
5Wishes said:

Does she? I don't think she gets that strong...

Mar 4, 2015 1:11 AM

Mar 2008
Jae ha calls Yun cute and attractive... Damn right he is!

Ao came out of Yun's boobs. Cute!

Yona putting on a strong front while her shivering/trembling gives her away... What is new...

Yuri's hot. Wish she was one of the main girls alongside Yona and Yun :3

Next episode - can't wait for Yona's badass scene, even better than her glares!
eternaltortureMar 4, 2015 1:32 AM
Mar 4, 2015 1:32 AM

May 2013
Yona's badass stare. You can't deny the awesomeness.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 4, 2015 1:44 AM

Jun 2013
Heyo what was Sasuke doing in this slow paced episode?
Mar 4, 2015 3:33 AM

Jul 2009
Yona was so brave! And that look in her eyes, OMG!
Mar 4, 2015 3:47 AM

May 2014
Damn, I love the furious burning eyes of Yona. They are so kawaii and so strong at the same time.

Overall a good ep. Damn, I wonder how they are going to end this season. At least I am very sure that we won't see yellow dragon in this season that makes me very sad. :((
Mar 4, 2015 5:33 AM

May 2013
That was great. The infiltration was a success. Yona and Yun did good talking out the other captured girls in to helping them. Yun made some great sacrifices for the sake of Yona. That was a commendable feat for him. Yona with those burning eyes of courage and bravery. Wow! That cliffhanger was also good. Next episode looks awesome.
Mar 4, 2015 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
Dem burning eyes.
Mar 4, 2015 7:45 AM

Jun 2014
Her eyes. Holy shit.
This episode is so good. That cliffhanger dammit!
I fucking love it when they play the old OP during epic moments. Omg this ending.

9000/5.
Mar 4, 2015 9:52 AM

Dec 2011
I haven't had this feeling from any episode up to now this year. The feeling of a brilliantly exciting end to an anime episode.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 4, 2015 10:38 AM

Oct 2014
Yun's transition from female to male voice and back again in the span of a few milliseconds by Minagawa Junko.

In my opinion, that was the most impressive part of an already impressive episode.

Yona's quick thinking in the face of Kumji's interrogation was cool as well. Brains and brawn in equal measure.
Mar 4, 2015 1:04 PM

Sep 2012
GlacialFroszeN said:
Litrydow said:

Kumji is a shitty lame villain, but is it just me, or are you pretending Kumji is the villain of the series?

Isn't he?
I did not read the manga.
To me, Suwon isn't a villain, he's one of the main cast, but with hidden motive.

He's just the villain of this Green Dragon arc. Soon he'll be dead but the story goes on, this season won't cover the whole manga (since it's still ongoing) so I think we won't see the next arc.
But yes, Su-Won is the main antagonist.
Mar 4, 2015 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
The episode was so good! Ugh! Can't wait till the next one. >_<
There better be a second season! I can't imagine it ending after this arc. I'd be so sad if it was over so soon. The story seems epic.
Mar 4, 2015 4:52 PM

Nov 2014
Oh man, I really loved Yona's eyes this episode. Her character development has been super awesome. Yun was pretty brave too. I'm super excited for next week!! AHH!! The battle is going to be really good, and the preview looked freaking awesome.
Mar 4, 2015 5:57 PM

Jun 2012
Litrydow said:
GlacialFroszeN said:

Isn't he?
I did not read the manga.
To me, Suwon isn't a villain, he's one of the main cast, but with hidden motive.

He's just the villain of this Green Dragon arc. Soon he'll be dead but the story goes on, this season won't cover the whole manga (since it's still ongoing) so I think we won't see the next arc.

Did you just spoiled that Kumji is going to die? Hope you were only trying to make a point...
Mar 4, 2015 8:07 PM

Sep 2012
Snaita said:
Litrydow said:

Did you just spoiled that Kumji is going to die? Hope you were only trying to make a point...

Yeah, I haven't read the manga. I doubt he'll stay alive, though. Unless they pull one of those annoying tropes of the bad guy switching sides for no reason.
Mar 4, 2015 8:30 PM
Jul 2013
I can't wait for the next episode! >.< hope for that part to come soon... Yona and Yun was so brave! And i also hope that there will be 2nd season of Akatsuki no Yona.
Mar 5, 2015 10:12 AM

Nov 2014
While I enjoyed this episode and have been enjoying this arc, at this point I'm starting to feel like it's dragging and that we should be done and on to the next plot point by now.I feel like the war got stretched out because they're coming up against the end of the season and didn't want to start anything new, so it makes sense, but it's still not really working well pacing wise.

Also, dropping the bow and running in slow motion was straight up retarded.
Quality Queen.
Mar 5, 2015 12:00 PM

Mar 2013
WoW Yona and Yoon barely made it,
damn! Kumji is one crazy "pimp" :P
and a cliffhanger at the best part, cant wait to next episode.

only 3 episodes left, that make no sense.
Mar 5, 2015 2:29 PM
Jun 2013
Alright at this point it's about time I asked.

There are only 3 episodes left, which means this series is probably not going to end with Yona reclaiming the throne. There is still one more dragon left to find and convince to join them....
Mar 5, 2015 5:22 PM

Oct 2011
Was on the edge of my seat. Yun and Yona T__T

I HATE YAM KUMJI DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HATE THAT RANDOM MERCENARY DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hak and the others save them next time YAY!!!!!!
Mar 5, 2015 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
One more episode until two more episodes. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 5, 2015 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
Barion-Zara said:

Tell me she isn't awesome :P

Love this scene. Great episode.
Mar 6, 2015 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
Wow that episode was SO INTENSE! Best episode of the series (thus far) imo. Their idea didn't work exactly according to plan, but they were still able to pull it off! I wonder what happened to Ao though.

Oh man, Yona's eyes sure are intimidating! But why did she drop her bowbefore she grabbed the fireworks? o.o

Only 3 episodes left, so either Yona dies or they have a second season to finish the series. I hope to god it isn't the former ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2015 1:05 AM

Oct 2008
I was really caught-up with this episode and then cliffhanger.
Dat Yona intimidating glare!

Mar 7, 2015 6:20 AM

Aug 2008
Had me screaming at the end of the episode
Yun baby has really improved
And Yona's stare is a superpower I just know it

But no one beats those guards they are fcking slow as hell
Mar 7, 2015 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
midori-tenshi03 said:
And Yona's stare is a superpower I just know it

Well, she is supposed to be the Red Dragon, so I'd think it would be weird if she didn't have any powers at all.

Every time I see those eyes of hers I feel like there's raging hot magma behind them. I can almost hear the rumbling of the earth...

It seemed like every time people saw that gaze they were stunned or otherwise thrown off balance for a little bit. It happened to Yam Kumji, so it wouldn't be unusual for it to happen to those guys. It seemed like they recovered and started chasing her just after she got the rocket. The real thing that bothered me about that scene is that she's supposed to have an injured ankle, yet she's really moving quick there. I'll just assume she forgot about the pain and it powering her way through it, because she's a badass like that.
Mar 8, 2015 4:56 PM

Jul 2013
lol yona dropped the bow and arrows, ran to yun, grabbed the fireworks, ran back to the candle and the whole time the mercenaries just stood there and watched. maybe they were just too petrified by yona's eyes and yona knew. she is the embodiment of the red dragon after all xD

yun was also awesome this episode. he really knows how to handle a situation. it was because of him that yona was able to successfully light the fireworks.

still, great episode. i really hope this show gets a 2nd season. it definitely deserves one
Mar 11, 2015 11:27 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was really great ! Yona's glare is impresive. Yun made a perfect job in girl, I hope he will be fine.
Mar 12, 2015 5:21 PM

Oct 2011
orchidork said:
lol yona dropped the bow and arrows, ran to yun, grabbed the fireworks, ran back to the candle and the whole time the mercenaries just stood there and watched. maybe they were just too petrified by yona's eyes and yona knew. she is the embodiment of the red dragon after all xD

Oh yeah, Yona has the Red dragon's blood! It would be awesome if her awesome glare was connected to that. (well, I don't think it is, but it would explain why the mercenaries didn't do anything while she run and did all the work haha)

Please, tell me this is going to have another season. Q_Q
Mar 13, 2015 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
Besides Sinha hitting the guy so calmly, Yona's eyes were the best thing ever. I loved hearing the main theme when she was preparing to shoot as well, man I missed it.

>>>>>>>
Mirorin said:

Mar 18, 2015 5:55 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Wonder how they will escape.
Mar 22, 2015 8:16 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that is somewhat distorted by doing good background that permeates the whole narrative, some points of the story are also a bit far-fetched when compared to the true reality.
Plot is not bad, but too simplistic. Drawings and animations good. This TV series is not bad if we take into account the plot and the characters, but the story can not be the same as their quality.
Mar 23, 2015 8:28 AM

May 2010
Yona's eyes are really something. I loved how she kept her calm, too.

Sinha in action made me laugh, he just hit them hot by standing still.

Yun was fab there, Yona's bravery is rubbing on him.

There are those eyes again. Yona has the prettiest, most passionate eyes ever. I wanted her to shoot someone, but as long as things work out for them. This is amazing.
Mar 25, 2015 3:56 PM

Jun 2008
I agree with people saying that her flaring stare seem more and more like a dragon power than just her being feisty. Is that like the power of a ruler, the power to command that intimates people when looked with anger or something like that?

Chibirosie471 said:
Can we just say that yona bravery in this episode is amazinggggg!!! like the fire in her eyes ahhh i got so excited to see. like u dont get to see alot of brave female protagonist in anime. but yona totally steals it here!!! ahhhh cant wait for the new eps!!

What is this bullshit so many are saying about female characters and bravery? Is not rare at all. Anime are full of them. I don't know what the hell you people have been watching but:
Ghost in shell, Black Lagoon, Evangelion, Kill la kill, Ga-Rei: Zero, Blood+, Shingeki no Kyojin, Busou Renkin, Jormungand, Uchouten Kazoku, Kakumeiki Valvrave, Cross Ange, Hataraku Maou-sama!, Claymore, Vandread, Hellsing, Code Geass, Witchblade, Mardock Scramble, Shingeki no Bahamut, Fairy Tail, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Blue Gender, Murder Princess, Akame ga Kill!, High School DxD, Gunslinger Girl, Duurara!, Zetsuen no Tempest, Nobunagun, Angel Beats!, Rinne no Lagrange, Mai-HiME, Strike Witches, Bakuretsu Tenshi, Soul Eater, Mirai Nikki, Freezing, Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Highschool of the Dead, Blood-C, Fate series, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Psycho-Pass, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, Elfen Lied, Canaan, Ookami to Koushinryou, Ergo Proxy, Seirei no Moribito,

Should i continue? Yeah i think i made my fucking point. And this are all strong female characters too not just brave. If it's just brave you can put even weak but brave characters(which is more like Yona currently is) and almost every series with a main female will be in it.
Mar 28, 2015 6:08 AM

Jan 2014
Yona and Yun were so strong and brave!! Awwws <3 <3
Apr 5, 2015 12:58 AM

Nov 2013
Go Yona! Those fiery eyes of hers are so savage!

Next episode is the wham episode to end all wham episodes. I'M SO FUCKING HYPED!

Great episode.

8.5/10

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

270 by eevee-trouble »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.