Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2014
Chelizzle said:
Decent episode,not bad but not as great as last weeks.
But damn dat Cliffhanger,I fear that something tragic might happen.

Man,shut up,you are just saying bullshits,this episode was perfect.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2015 2:04 PM

Sep 2013
Hmm... I felt like the comedic and action packed first part didn't contrast well with the emotional series second part. Still very good though.

I am so happy madhouse delivered on the empty head scene. That was such hilarity. I also liked how it showed Tamura goofing off as though she enjoyed laughing and being more human. That did contrast well with the talk she had with Murano, where she was envious about being worried for someone.

The action part was splendidly done as well. Probably some of the better animation in the show and I loved the claustrophobic construction site with great use of shading to make it more serious looking. I also love how it showed off Tamura's intellectual side other than her usual biological and psychological knowledge.

The 2nd half was better to me though. The detectives death was rather cathartic, even towards Tamura herself. Tamura wasn't the one who killed his wife and daughter but she understood the reason as to why he would act irrationally. The fact that she stabbed him so fast to protect her child shows that she didn't care if logically he wasn't going to do it, she had to do it anyway. It also in general shows that parasites are capable of empathy and emotion.

Can't believe they ended it there though. I mean, I guess that was the only place they could have ended it but wow, what a cliffhanger. xD
Feb 4, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
Alright episode. I was expecting Tamiya to own those three other parasites.

*sigh as always a cliffhanger
Feb 4, 2015 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, I did not think Reiko was so strong, won of three parasites at once, and even comforted Murano when he found it, she is a character that may surprise anytime

Had great fights in this episode, but the best was the endpoint, Reiko and Shinichi face to face, I'm looking forward to the next episode ..
Feb 4, 2015 2:10 PM

May 2014
bastek66 said:
-Hatsu- said:
WHY ISN'T MURANO DEAD YET ?!

Because she's isn't as stupid as Kana.

actually she is even stupider and ALLOT more useless , she just probably has some thick plot armor on her .... and the mediocrity of the anime starts to show it's ugly teeth !!!
ZA_WAYDFeb 4, 2015 4:44 PM
Feb 4, 2015 2:12 PM

Nov 2014
Haha that devilish half head Reiko smiling.
Overall it was an excellent episode, I can't wait to see what happens
Hi there
Feb 4, 2015 2:12 PM

Jan 2014
aah why do these episodes go by so quickly ;_;

also i have a question for those who've read the manga:
there's only 7 more eps left so do you think they'll be able to cover the rest of the manga without rushing/skipping parts?
Feb 4, 2015 2:15 PM

May 2012
Reiko's such a badass. I've liked her and Hideo outta all the parasites.

Gotta love her laugh. Even the laugh from last episode was great

Feb 4, 2015 2:36 PM

Jan 2015
I call a major plot hole in Murano being able to spot Shinichi in a moving bus. Do the writers think we are stupid to think this would actually happen?

Also, Murano conveniently sitting on the park bench, near the proximity of Shinichi vs Tamura. Come the hell on with that shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2015 2:49 PM

Oct 2014
Oh my this episode...Something big might go down next week

Feb 4, 2015 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
reiko is very kawaii when she shows her head's empty.. lol
can't wait for the next episode, more human...
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Feb 4, 2015 2:51 PM

Mar 2014
Reiko was actually pretty cute pulling her hair and splitting her head in half. Based on the PV, Murano finds out about Migi? Hope she dies.
Feb 4, 2015 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
Murano miraculously seeing Shinichi on the bus was poor writing, at least they could have made her follow Reiko as that would have been more believable. Other than that, I enjoyed the episode but i definitely felt quick. The ED started when I thought I was still halfway through the episode...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 4, 2015 2:59 PM

Aug 2014
GG detective.
Feb 4, 2015 3:05 PM

Jan 2014
Just saying I totally called his death

LeosApathy said:
These episodes go by so quickly I swear.

IKR

parfaited said:
Personally I would run in the opposite direction instead of following a person with half a head, but that's just me.

I was thinking the same thing lol
Feb 4, 2015 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
Reiko best girl/monster/thing

Murano annoying as always

RIP Detective.
Feb 4, 2015 3:14 PM

Aug 2008
lilypippili said:
Just saying I totally called his death

It's not like the episode's title totally spoiled that. :P
Feb 4, 2015 3:25 PM
Jan 2011
Nice episode. All the females on this show seem to be complete morons except Ryouko. Murano about to get in more danger because she is a moron.Ignore him and then start interfering in his business.
Feb 4, 2015 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Poor detective, he was dead.
Feb 4, 2015 3:45 PM

Oct 2009
WAD1992 said:
bastek66 said:

Because she's isn't as stupid as Kana.

actually she is even stupider and ALLOT more useless , she juts probably has some think plot armor on her .... and the mediocrity of the anime starts to show it's ugly teeth !!!

Agreed, the plot armor is strong with this one. It's kind of an odd anime, anything related to the parasytes is fairly well done, but all the human characters are lame.
Feb 4, 2015 3:46 PM

Jul 2014
omg gimme the next ep NOW
Feb 4, 2015 3:48 PM
Jun 2012
this episode was good did not expect her to split like that. and man murano is freakin annoying she treats izumi like shit when hes worried about her and then when he decides to ignore her a little she starts freaking out i wish she had died instead of kana. cant wait to see wat will happen nxt episode.
Feb 4, 2015 3:53 PM
Apr 2014
Bystanders continue to be clueless idiots. And some random generic rapper background music plays at the most emotional moment. Otherwise, good episode. Kuramori's death was very well delivered.
Feb 4, 2015 3:59 PM
Feb 2014
Ah... I wonder what'll happen to Tamura now... Next episode looks like she'll be in a bit of a pinch between Izumi and those detectives... hope she doesn't die or something xp... she's like the best female character.

Murano was pretty annoying this episode. Caring so much when he tries to stay away frm her but treating him like shit when Izumi is there for her...

parfaited said:
Personally I would run in the opposite direction instead of following a person with half a head, but that's just me.

Lol, same, +1

Btw, I don't really understand what the detective was trying to achieve... Trying to test his humanity?
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Feb 4, 2015 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
Ok episode, doesn't hold the same quality as the episodes before this one. 4/5 not bad, still have to improve.
Let the wait begin.
Feb 4, 2015 4:04 PM

Jun 2014
Why doesnt murano know shinichis mom is dead?... why didnt murano recognize tamura as the math teacher who quit?...
Feb 4, 2015 4:09 PM
Dec 2014
So tempted to read the Manga thanks to that cliffhanger....
Feb 4, 2015 4:33 PM

Aug 2013
If I had to guess, I'd say that she want to give him her baby, so he can be raised as a normal human. I doubt Shinichi accept that, after all he have suffered because of her species...

At least, Detective-san was able to go in peace, probably relieved that the parasytes can indeed have feelings. I kinda laughed though when he said : ''IT WAS A JOKE!'' :P

Reiko was having some lolz with that poor couple xD
Oh man, the nightmares they will have... She have also shown a great use of creative tactics.

Damnit, Murano keep raising her death flag higher, almost waving it. Have some pity on us, Madhouse!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 4, 2015 4:33 PM
Feb 2014
maybe this going to become a classic anime
Feb 4, 2015 4:34 PM

Aug 2011
I am still deciding if I hate or like Ryouko, but after this episode it would seem is about to become the later.

» Escapism.

Feb 4, 2015 4:44 PM

May 2009
TheDodo said:
WAD1992 said:

actually she is even stupider and ALLOT more useless , she juts probably has some think plot armor on her .... and the mediocrity of the anime starts to show it's ugly teeth !!!

Agreed, the plot armor is strong with this one. It's kind of an odd anime, anything related to the parasytes is fairly well done, but all the human characters are lame.

The fuck are you talking about, haters? She simply doesn't go between parasytes.
Feb 4, 2015 4:50 PM

May 2014
bastek66 said:
TheDodo said:

The fuck are you talking about, haters? She simply doesn't go between parasytes.

Be reasonable now, she had several encounters with parasites that could have killed her, AND NO WE ARE NOT HATERS we are stating simple observations about the show.
The human characters are dull and have badly written characters, i could mention ALLOT of scenes where this is evident.
The parasites themselves have "some"flaws also, but they are miner and could be overlooked for the sake of advancing the plot.
MADHOUSE is not giving it her all here!!!!
Feb 4, 2015 4:56 PM

May 2012
radionoise said:
aah why do these episodes go by so quickly ;_;

also i have a question for those who've read the manga:
there's only 7 more eps left so do you think they'll be able to cover the rest of the manga without rushing/skipping parts?

If I remember correctly this episode covers chapter 44-47 (a part of 44 and 47) and there's 64 chapters. So yes they can pull it off without rushing it in 7 episodes imo.
Feb 4, 2015 5:08 PM

Nov 2013
Okay episode, pacing felt very off. I mean damn the snow had laid thick by the time shinichi had crossed the park, he really does like his leisurely strolls.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 4, 2015 5:24 PM

Jul 2012
minouneetzoe said:
If I had to guess, I'd say that she want to give him her baby, so he can be raised as a normal human. I doubt Shinichi accept that, after all he have suffered because of her species...

Damnit, Murano keep raising her death flag higher, almost waving it. Have some pity on us, Madhouse!

I agree with you, They won't fight or anything she will ask him to look after the baby and he won't accept they will both part ways and she will see Murano and will end up giving her the baby then Murano will take of her jacket to wrap around the baby and keep it warm since it's snowing and since she is wearing white underneath the police will think she is the parasite that killed the detective.

But that's just my speculation :P

I'm not sure what will happen next too many possibilities but they do have orders to shoot on sight but she will be holding a baby and they didn't shoot the other women that was in white with a baby.
Feb 4, 2015 5:28 PM

Jan 2010
Just kill Murano FFS. Someone waste that pathetic hindrance. Darekaaa!
Feb 4, 2015 5:33 PM
Nov 2014
This episode makes me a Tamura fan, she is a genius and calculating as fuck. Love how she trolled the couple earlier in the ep lmao. Also damn you cliffhanger.
Feb 4, 2015 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
The saddest thing about this series will be when Murano misunderstands that the baby's father is Shinichi (I hope I am wrong). I will drop the overall score for this anime instantly if that happens.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 4, 2015 5:41 PM

Jul 2014
I was expecting Tamura to win anyway. Poor Kuramori, too bad jokes just go woosh over parasytes' heads.
Feb 4, 2015 5:53 PM

May 2010
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Why doesnt murano know shinichis mom is dead?... why didnt murano recognize tamura as the math teacher who quit?...
Murano was never told. She also doesn't seem very close to Shin'ichi's family since she doesn't even know what his mother looks like. Tamura changed her face and hair so she looks quite different to the way she looked when she was a teacher.
WAD1992 said:
bastek66 said:

Be reasonable now, she had several encounters with parasites that could have killed her, AND NO WE ARE NOT HATERS we are stating simple observations about the show.
What several encounters?
Feb 4, 2015 6:02 PM
Aug 2011
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Because Tamura looked different when she was teaching and she was never told that Shinichi's mom had died, it's like you people aren't even watching the show...

I know Murano has been quite useless thus far but you are picking at straws right now.
Feb 4, 2015 6:11 PM

Sep 2013
Yoo, Kuramori's speech at the end when he was talking about Shinichi was so sad.
10/10 this week. Tamura is a really interesting character.

Also, FUCK Murano man.
RIP Kana a.k.a Best Girl.
Feb 4, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode as always.
Extra creepy parasite animation this episode.
Feb 4, 2015 7:04 PM
Nov 2014
Also I like how they didn't change the op. Let me hear is perfect for parasyte.
Feb 4, 2015 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
I can just see Murano mistaking that for Shinichi's kid next episode.
Feb 4, 2015 7:17 PM

Oct 2013
That part with Reiko Tamura laughing and running with her head in half really made me wtf, great episode though hehe, can't wait for next episode.

Feb 4, 2015 7:17 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode
Feb 4, 2015 7:22 PM

Aug 2014
I swear these episodes are not 20 minutes. I click on ''Play'', watch for like 5 minutes, next thing i know i'm watching the preview for the next episode.

Anyway, Reiko was legitimately the creepiest thing thus far. That half face and empty head coupled with the laughter almost made me sweat, which is saying alot for an anime. Loved how she outsmarted those three parasites, who were pretty much blind to how humans work. Serves them right.

Respect for that detective, he told the cops the info they needed in his dying breath, but didn't doom Izumi. He underestimated Ryoko's growing mother instinct, though. Seriously, what was that emotion she was emitting that Migi couldn't recognize? It could have only been something surprisingly positive. Tamura is really the best female of the show.

Murano is officially mentally challenged. Forget knowing only one line, not questioning how Shinichi fell from a three-storey building and casually jumped over walls, but apparently she can't even remember her former teacher now. Only difference between Ryoko and Reiko is the straightened hair. What is her deal, anyway? It's like she's just curious about Shinichi and worries for the hell of it. Whenever he makes a gesture towards her, she flips and runs, how does that make sense? I know she's supposed to be the ''worried love interest'', but she comes off as someone that's just there for the sake of being there. Currently she serves no purpose, is boring and annoying.

Still a great episode, as expected of Parasyte.

4.5/5

ReaperCreeper said:
I can just see Murano mistaking that for Shinichi's kid next episode.

I wouldn't put it past her...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 4, 2015 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
Wow! What an episode!
Why are all the episodes so damn short!
I cant wait another week!
Feb 4, 2015 7:47 PM

May 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a crazy laugh...

I liked the momentum though and action. Some of these parasites are just getting stronger and stronger. Reiko's role in this series is getting more and more interesting imo as she displays even more human behavior. Looks like no one is safe in this show especially for investigators. Great episode overall.
HelghastKillzone said:
All I can hear is Reiko Tamura yelling

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

hahah yeah so funny. lol
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
Yesterday, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
Yesterday, 3:09 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.