Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 17, 2015 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even more awesomeness this episode. The OP song is quite something:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERHfSisg__o

The energy of this show never ceases to amaze me yet. Still a few funny moments here and there:
http://imgur.com/7uIpDBw

The roller-coaster scene was seriously amusing to watch. Craziest roller coast ride ever period. Dat face-off though. I really find some of the intimidations to be memorable. The green hero is also a certain kind of awesome.
Stark700Jan 17, 2015 10:42 AM
Jan 17, 2015 10:48 AM

Oct 2012
Not quite sure of the meaning of the episode title: 世界のまん中
okanaganJan 18, 2015 3:31 AM
Jan 17, 2015 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
Ah so she wasn't actually Nozomi's sister, don't know how I missed that last week. But yeah I guess we're done with the prologue and now with the last few minutes of this episode the actual plot can begin!
Jan 17, 2015 11:16 AM

Jul 2010
A world where barfs can make rainbows!

It was fun with Nozomi being really slow about things. That was quite the ride xD

Masami's reason to hide it, really enjoyed the enemy be normal such as crying and wanting to stop it.

That robot causing that much damage lol, cool fights with all its colour effects!

A request to gather all the mysterious stones.
Jan 17, 2015 11:17 AM
Mar 2014
How am I supposed to care about any of these characters dying on the rollercoaster (and they obviously won't)? It's been two episodes and they've provided almost no worthwhile information on them. It just feels like it's trying way too hard to be different. The art direction is starting to seem kind of arrogant, too.
Jan 17, 2015 11:22 AM
Oct 2012
Another week at 110% full bore craziness. And now the party forms. What are the chances that all 4 were friends in pre-school and only Chiaya remembers (after all the other three are not the brightest bulbs on the marquee)?

Black Carpenters. Loved the staging. Hope it keeps going at this rate.
Jan 17, 2015 11:58 AM

Oct 2014
Well that was such a fun episode. Quite a good opening too.
Love the energy and animation this anime has, it's really nice. Glad to see everyone knows the truth of maccha now.
Looking forward to the next episodes !

Jan 17, 2015 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
My favorite of the season. So much fun!
Jan 17, 2015 12:05 PM

Oct 2012
Definitely a lot of fun, the Indie Rock based OST makes me think FLCL. There are still a lot of questions to answer, especially with the whole best and normal thing and the stones but it seems like we're actually out of the gates finally and heading in that direction.
Jan 17, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2012
That was awesome .
A lot of colors , a lot of action :D
Animation is really well done .
I also love the opening , it's really catchy .
Jan 17, 2015 12:12 PM

Sep 2013
Fun episode, I like how crazy it gets but I do have to say that I don't care for any of the characters because they're immortal or so it seems. The last scene is more than confusing and forced. I still don't know what the main plot is but I'm looking forward to know. Anyway cool episode and ost
AcidPunkJan 17, 2015 12:15 PM
Jan 17, 2015 12:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Fun episode. Sucks that Masami is out of commission for a while, she was my favorite girl.

The back story of Masami and Nozomi sort of confused me, I'll have to go back and watch it. And I'm not really sure why we even gave focus to that one chick's back story too.

Not as strong as the first episode, but the craziness was still all the way up to 11.
Jan 17, 2015 12:27 PM

Mar 2012
okanagan said:
Not quite sure of the meaning of the title of next week's episode: 世界のまん中
It's this week's episode's title, and it means "Centre of the World". まん中 can also be written as 真ん中 or 真中.
Jan 17, 2015 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
First time seeing beautiful sparkling barf that makes heart-shaped craters.

Jan 17, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2010
This was a fun episode.

The roller coaster scene was crazy.

I look forward to the next one now that the four girls have come together. My bet is that they were childhood friends.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 17, 2015 12:49 PM

Mar 2012
Not sure if this has been remarked on in the first episode's discussion, but apparently all the songs that have been used in the show so far (OP, ED and one insert song for each episode) are covers of songs by the late 80's-early 90's punk band The Blue Hearts. For comparison:

The OP - Hito ni Yasashiku
The ED - Tsuki no Bakugekiki
Ep.1 insert song - 1000 no Violin
Ep.2 insert song - Yūsha ni Akogarete
Jan 17, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2013
Bad ass, silly, and fun. I'm surprised Trigger isn't making it.
Jan 17, 2015 1:09 PM
Jan 2014
So far, it has been a very fun ride. But now that the "Rolling Girls" are formed, I hope the series retains that factor, or even excels further. It would be pretty dissapointing if this turned out to be a plain CGDCT SoL with a paper-thin plot, given the exciting over-the-top setup.

vonPeterhof said:
Not sure if this has been remarked on in the first episode's discussion, but apparently all the songs that have been used in the show so far (OP, ED and one insert song for each episode) are covers of songs by the late 80's-early 90's punk band The Blue Hearts.

Very interesting... I was starting to wonder why all those covers were so catchy and upbeat. They all fit in incredibly well with the anime so far.
Jan 17, 2015 1:11 PM
Oct 2010
This so far is a great show, this is what KLK tried to be imo. They are even handling the "fanservice" if you want to call it that, better.
Jan 17, 2015 1:26 PM

Nov 2011
i dont get whats going on but i like it!
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 17, 2015 1:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
A lot of progression in this episode, I wanna know more about those two girls' pasts and why they're like how they are now

The blonde at the end was cute too bad the action as usual was very Kill La Kill like which I thoroughly enjoyed seeing :)
Jan 17, 2015 1:38 PM
Nov 2013
Woah, that OP song! It's like punk K-On! lmao.

Eveyone already figured Masami was Maccha Green except for Nozomi lmao. The fight between Maccha Green and that crazy bitch was awesome, very KLK like.

This show is definitely flying under everyone's radar, which is sad cause its fucking awesome. 5/5
Jan 17, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2011
crocodile escape mask xD

the forming of the group was a bit random, but will see what will come of it

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jan 17, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
lol to the rollercoaster scene.

Great episode imo. Please continue to be awesome RG :)
Jan 17, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
That rollercoaster ride was intense. :O

RIP amusement park.

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the first one, but still good nonetheless.
Jan 17, 2015 2:10 PM

May 2013
Good episode. I am enjoying this so far. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 17, 2015 2:31 PM

Jan 2014
I find it funny that they are afraid to die in the rollercoaster because of derailing, but being blown into the high sky is just fine :P

Great episode.
Jan 17, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2014
vonPeterhof said:
Not sure if this has been remarked on in the first episode's discussion, but apparently all the songs that have been used in the show so far (OP, ED and one insert song for each episode) are covers of songs by the late 80's-early 90's punk band The Blue Hearts. For comparison:

The OP - Hito ni Yasashiku
The ED - Tsuki no Bakugekiki
Ep.1 insert song - 1000 no Violin
Ep.2 insert song - Yūsha ni Akogarete

So thats why the OST is so awesome!
Jan 17, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2014
How the hell is the show ranked so low? In the 2000's?!? You gotta be kidding me! Hopefully that changes by the time the anime finishes and when the majority of people rank the show because so far, this has to be the most underrated show of the season, literally.

Anyways...

Wow, this episode was even better than the first! I'm glad the whole thing involving Maccha Green was resolved, I would have been annoyed if everyone remained ignorant about Ma-chan, but the funny thing is that everyone in the squad new it was her all along XD

And I love the crocodile guy, I hope we see more of him!

And I liked Nozomi's parents, they're nice a couple and a cool parents. The dad was nice to let Nozomi go do her thing.

The main cast of girls seem to be pretty interesting, it was pretty funny and random how they all met up and decided to go on their adventure together. And it looks like Chiaya had a power stone or whatever so I wonder if all 4 of them will alternate on using its powers.

Cannot wait for next week.
Jan 17, 2015 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive action and good animation.
Fun too watch, but too many characters.
Jan 17, 2015 2:54 PM

Nov 2013
OP visuals remind me a lot of the Michiko to Hatchin one ;o
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 17, 2015 3:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I have no clue what i am watching.

But i like it.
Jan 17, 2015 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
I like Masami's reason for hiding her identity as Maccha Green.

That roller-coaster scene was so crazy.
Jan 17, 2015 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
Awesome show. One of my favorites this season. But you can't compare it to KLK.

Jan 17, 2015 3:52 PM

Dec 2014
vodall said:
How am I supposed to care about any of these characters dying on the rollercoaster (and they obviously won't)? It's been two episodes and they've provided almost no worthwhile information on them. It just feels like it's trying way too hard to be different. The art direction is starting to seem kind of arrogant, too.

Yup, it's just like the first episode, and it pretty much will stay the same for the rest.

This show is full of energy, just like a 8-year-old on sugar rush. See how long that can last.

If you already pulled a pearl harbor might as well let them drop to their death (which won't happen) in front of Masami's eye and force her into rage mode if I was Shigyou, but again, how evil is her? You spend the last episode showing she is not a fair player, doesn't care about The Twin Tower Declaration and we know she used to be good but now she is out of the game. Did I just miss at least two episodes worth of material? Great character.

If I was Nozomi I would let go of the roller coaster cart since everyone got blown out to the midair survive the fall almost without a scratch in the first episode. Come on, you can still use "common sense" even in this world.

Worst team assembling in history, ever! I expected they would at least spend three episodes to flesh out those 4 girls' characters and give us a grasp on their motivations of doing that, you know? like every other show that the main narrative is about team dynamic? It's going to suck hard when your heroines are so alien to your viewers.

Arbitrary without a solitary vision, self-centric without great talent. That is my impression of this anime.

Despite all those short-comings in story telling, I'm surprised that I'm just mildly irritated by the direction they are going for, I guess I'm more of a visual guy than I previously think, well, just wait until they run out of budget.

Forget about one thing: Take that picture good you girls, you would want to treasure it at the end of your journey, just like the feeling the ED of this season of JoJo gives me ( ;∀').
raveninthemuddleFeb 6, 2015 7:13 PM
Jan 17, 2015 4:07 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode, the rollercoaster scene was the best.

The OP is so awesome!
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Jan 17, 2015 4:23 PM

Jan 2014
the battles are well done and was just hilarious the vomit power attack kkk.
Jan 17, 2015 4:25 PM

Jun 2014
Oh wow, im getting serious throw backs to FLCL with the action and the color. I love the music too!

I don't even care whats its about! Its just fun as fuck to watch!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 17, 2015 4:27 PM

Jan 2011
i dunno i love this show for just how silly and random it is,it's so full of chaotic energy!

nd now it makes sense why all the music sounds old school all dem covers

but Rip crocodile face
Jan 17, 2015 4:28 PM

Aug 2013
If this show was tagged being produced by Studio TRIGGER with absolutely no changes to anything whatsoever, I have a feeling its score on MyAnimeList would be a whole 1.00 higher.
Jan 17, 2015 4:52 PM
Oct 2010
StevenHu said:
If this show was tagged being produced by Studio TRIGGER with absolutely no changes to anything whatsoever, I have a feeling its score on MyAnimeList would be a whole 1.00 higher.

You are probably correct, MAL has this thing for trigger that I just can't understand. I can't really think of anything that KLK does better than this but w/e that's life.
Jan 17, 2015 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
Great ep, i love the animation and the ost! Look forward for the story

I think Chiaya is the daughter of the torozawa president, just look at the photo on the desk.
Jan 17, 2015 5:11 PM

Jul 2013
skudoops said:
StevenHu said:

You are probably correct, MAL has this thing for trigger that I just can't understand. I can't really think of anything that KLK does better than this but w/e that's life.

Look at the bright side though, if it was by them this thread would be full of shitposters. Trigger got tons of haters apparently.
Jan 17, 2015 5:26 PM

Jul 2014
Colourful and superb animation again
Jan 17, 2015 5:45 PM

Apr 2012
These characters irk me. This show is a lot like Kill la Kill, which I didn't enjoy either.
Jan 17, 2015 5:59 PM
Jan 2012
Masami''s secret was revealed. I hope that doesn't mean she will never wear the Matcha Green suit again, because it looks rather cool.

I wonder if Nozomi and Yukina will learn to fight, too, now that Masami and Shigyou are wounded or if the fights will just stop. Well, I don't even know if this is really supposed to be an anime "about" fights. The genre and the opening says the opposite, so I am thinking it isn't, but maybe it is? Idk.

At any rate, I am enjoying the show. It is colorful, it has its funny moments and the characters are entertaining. Seems like a good fit for me. It was nice seeing the four main characters together in the last minutes of the episode. Chiaya is soooo cute.
Jan 17, 2015 6:03 PM
May 2014
Too much style, barely any substance. Fun to watch but I can't think of anything other than 'mediocre' when I think of this.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jan 17, 2015 6:25 PM

Jun 2014
First 2 eps have been wacky and entertaining although I don't think it's really that confusing to be honest. Its been more fun watching this than some other shows this week.
As for KLK, its definitely not for everyone. But anyone who loves it has an otaku-bone in my book.
Jan 17, 2015 6:38 PM
Feb 2014
That was crazy... FUN!!!

I'm loving the animation. One of the best (if not the best) this season.

It was hilarious when the whole group got blown off the roller-coaster and the reason they survived was cos they got used to being blown away when Bests fight each other.

Ah, but besides all the fun, I do hope they get to properly explaining what's going on in future episodes... I was scratching my head a lot xp...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jan 17, 2015 6:49 PM

Oct 2014
Poor Crocodile. He took a lot of abuse this episode. Haha

This week's episode was pretty good, but I'm really excited for the next episode. Now that all four of the main characters have been introduced, I think that the real story is about to begin, and I feel like it's going to be one heck of an adventure. I can't wait.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2015

49 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 4:22 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

50 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 24, 2022 12:29 PM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

56 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.