Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 27, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great to see two episodes today airing back to back. I love how the show shifts balance between the field and at school. Doesn't look like this was any breather episode though.

Good episode overall and it' s never an easy way to accept defeat. They were close to secure a spot in the Nationals but Mei's team were just the better team this time around.
Stark700Dec 27, 2014 5:40 PM
Dec 27, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2012
Both episode were very very strong. I look forward to see the team rising and becoming stronger.
Dec 27, 2014 6:41 PM

Jul 2010
;_; The teams crying for a different reason. The reality showing the difference between the winner and the loser.

Seido being in front of their fans... and the being able to give and pass that to Inashiro. Sawamura being like that in the bus, thinking of how amazing everyone is.

The impact of not crying in front of the third-years at breakfast was a really powerful scene. The third-years retiring and having to lose so much for the team.

Moving on, Furuya already determined to become the ace. It was pretty amazing to see the impact on Seido.
Dec 27, 2014 6:50 PM

Feb 2013
OMG if furuya become the ace i will be so disappointed i want Sawamura to be the ace
Dec 27, 2014 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
Luffy_D_King157 said:
OMG if furuya become the ace i will be so disappointed i want Sawamura to be the ace

I used to feel the same but I'm starting to prefer Furuya since he seems more emotionally stable atm. Sawamura's devastated face is really annoying.
Dec 27, 2014 7:26 PM

Dec 2010
I knew it was coming, but owch. Even Yuuki was crying on the bus. Bah.

(Also wtf, I think this is the first time I've heard Masuko talk for so long, I couldn't even recognize his voice).

Welp, the anime's gonna be pretty painful from now on, with Sawamura and Kawakami most suffering the aftereffects of this loss...but the fire in Miyuki and Furuya's eyes looks good!
PknoctisDec 27, 2014 7:32 PM
Dec 27, 2014 7:29 PM
May 2013
These two episodes were very heavy but overall amazing. It's never easy to accept a loss, and man this was a great way to depict it.

My heart especially goes out to the third years ;__;

In addition, the fire in Miyuki and Furuya's eyes already show how ready they are to move on to the next chapter.

Dec 27, 2014 7:41 PM

Apr 2014
Yuki is gone :'(
Amazing adaption.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Dec 27, 2014 8:05 PM

Apr 2014
Seeing Tetsu crying in the bus, almost got me.... Seeing Furuya working on his stamina and staking his claim to become the Ace was beast! Huge respect to him, won't be surprised if he does become the Ace.
Good episode overall, depressing AF but good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2014 8:07 PM

Sep 2013
Thank you Furuya for putting Sawamura back in the line.
Dec 27, 2014 8:09 PM

Sep 2013
How many episodes will this anime have? Will it be on air next week?

I think I heard 74 or something once, is it right? And they will stop and wait for the manga to open a decent gap before airing again?
Dec 27, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2011
I'm a sucker for sentiment and emotion in sports. That was amazing to watch, the amount of frustration and pain displayed... I can almost forgive the director for dragging out the match so long (episode 62 made me impatient for the end). The heavy atmosphere was wonderful.

I was spoiled over the end of the match because I knew Inashiro would win, but I'm still heartbroken. Seeing Tetsu cry on the bus, seeing the Miyuki and the coach's pained faces... Jun also hit me hard at the start when he was all hunched over while lining up.

And I really liked the meal times, especially breakfast. Sleep did nothing to numb the sadness.

I'm sad that we won't see more of the third-years playing, because I think they make the team shine. And Miyuki's right. They have no chance at Koshien next year without them... it's going to be a long journey after this, since the kouhai have to deal with the loss for a while before they resolve to win again. :/
Dec 27, 2014 8:27 PM

Mar 2011
Wtf I don't wanna watch this anymore if they lost, that's so boring...
Dec 27, 2014 8:32 PM

Mar 2012
At least Miyuki and Yuuki stood there like a boss. Still losers though.
Dec 27, 2014 8:33 PM

Jul 2012
Wintovisky said:

I think I heard 74 or something once, is it right? And they will stop and wait for the manga to open a decent gap before airing again?

75 confirmed. Since this week was a double episode, we can assume next week will be nothing.

alexwer123 said:
Wtf I don't wanna watch this anymore if they lost, that's so boring...

It's guaranteed that they'll win the next big tournament. Don't give up.
Dec 27, 2014 8:34 PM

Dec 2010
Wintovisky said:

Manga is waaay ahead of the anime. Manga's at ch 411 as of the most recent update, and at this point, the anime is only at around ch 194.
Dec 27, 2014 8:37 PM

Jul 2011
Well.. FUCKKKKKK!!! Fuck this, fuck my life I cant take this. I dont care if they lost at the finals I just wanted them to get there. No amount of character development we get in the future is worth the hole I got in my heart now. 62 episodes of amazing character dynamics, bromance and hardwork all gone to shit. When I saw Tetsu cry I could not held my own tears god dammit. I feel so empty Right now that I might need a break from this show.
Dec 27, 2014 8:41 PM

Jul 2009
TETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSU T-T

Emptiness.
Dec 27, 2014 9:10 PM

Dec 2014
I don't know, somehow I find Mei's tears of joy...moving...

But I feel for Seido. Eijun and My fav Captain Yuki crying was just heart breaking...
Dec 27, 2014 9:13 PM

May 2012
Damn. These two back to back episodes are very painful and frustrating to watch. Can't stop the tears... good thing its my day off. But anyway, time to move on.
Dec 27, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2013
Thanks for the infos, Pknoctis and Mayuka (lol, hello).

Is it confirmed how long the stop will be, if there is any? Or do you think they will just bang more episodes like they did before? If I reckon correctly initially there were only 45 or something episodes predicted.
Dec 27, 2014 9:42 PM

May 2011
This episode gave me lots of feels haha. I really liked how to reporters talked about what makes the winning factor of the game, because I've thought about that too after the previous episode. The first and second years holding back their tears because they believe that they don't deserve to cry with them since the third years had been through so much more then they could ever think.

Hmm as for the captain and ace here's my guess
[spoiler]
Captain: Miyuki
Ace: Furuya
Dec 27, 2014 10:04 PM

Oct 2013
Watched the last three episodes on the plane, full out ugly sobbed through all three even though I caught up on the manga a while back and knew it was coming. Four flight attendants asked if I was okay, NO I AM NOT OKAY .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.
Dec 27, 2014 10:09 PM

Oct 2013
Well the reality of sports is shown well. Any sport can be unpredictable.

Miyuki has gained even more respect from me. He knows how to take a loss like a man. Guess it's from personal experience. Miyuki for captain. He's also the catcher so he basically already commands the team
Dec 27, 2014 10:14 PM

May 2012
3rd years are gone.. dont think Im gonna like whats next though. gonna put it on hold for a moment :)

Dec 27, 2014 10:23 PM

Apr 2013
they made it so obvious last week that they were gonna lose I'm not even slightly surprised.. haikyuu all over again
Dec 27, 2014 10:27 PM

Feb 2013
Pknoctis said:
I knew it was coming, but owch. Even Yuuki was crying on the bus. Bah.

(Also wtf, I think this is the first time I've heard Masuko talk for so long, I couldn't even recognize his voice).

Welp, the anime's gonna be pretty painful from now on, with Sawamura and Kawakami most suffering the aftereffects of this loss...but the fire in Miyuki and Furuya's eyes looks good!

Miyuki didn't look like he moved on he looked angry upset about his actions.

Furuya was so epic at the end ready to move to the next step.
Dec 27, 2014 10:55 PM

Jul 2012
Goddamn. Very sad episode.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to their new 1st string team. I'm hoping it gets more than just 75 episodes because I must watch Seido succeed in a big tournament. Goodbye, Ryo-san, Tetsu, Tanba, Uga-kun, Jun, and the other third years. You will be missed.

...Yeah, I'll probably read the manga when the anime ends.

loserboi said:
Luffy_D_King157 said:

I used to feel the same but I'm starting to prefer Furuya since he seems more emotionally stable atm. Sawamura's devastated face is really annoying.

Same. I love Eijun, but he's not ready to become ace. Furuya has the drive and stability now, especially after this match.
TyrelDec 28, 2014 11:19 PM
Dec 27, 2014 11:41 PM

Dec 2010
....damn
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Dec 28, 2014 12:11 AM

Jul 2014
Hope some first year students join the baseball club. Therefore we can get new members.
Dec 28, 2014 12:24 AM

Apr 2013
also kawakami is garbage, cant wait to see this scrub off the team.
Dec 28, 2014 12:58 AM

Sep 2013
Really nice episode, here we go, Furuya no Ace! I like Sawamura but he still isn't good enough.
Dec 28, 2014 2:02 AM

Oct 2008
What is nationals anyway? It seems none of the anime sports teams ever make it there. Well the series is continuing so I guess there is still hope the team will get somewhere, although I can't say I feel as attached to the team without all of the 3rd years.
Dec 28, 2014 4:13 AM

Oct 2007
This was the part I wasn't looking to was seeing how devastated they were after the game and especially Yuuki crying ;___;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2014 4:23 AM

Jun 2014
The manga was harsh but the anime.... soooo harsh haha.

Don't worry guys, if there ever is a second season, the manga goes on long enough for them to get multiple chances.

Seing Ishiaki go for the last ball. DAAAMMMN IT.
StormBoiDec 28, 2014 4:43 AM
Dec 28, 2014 4:24 AM

Mar 2014
Damn, shed a tear when I saw Yuuki crying T-T

ffs, there better be another season.
Dec 28, 2014 4:39 AM

Sep 2008
It was so hard to watch...
Really in every anime, in every episode after lose...
everything hurts, like I can't...

Hope soon everyone will move on,
because I can't take this drama anymore... ;(
Dec 28, 2014 4:42 AM

Jun 2014
In retalation to those who say its cliché they loose, it isin't at all.

Seidou is a top team. Every other anime has a "new unknown team".
Seidou was supposed to win, and they all believed they would at some point.

I can't believe you'd find something to say after one of the most intense sport anime matches, with ups and downs. Its actually realistic compared to Kuroko or Haikyuu that have supermagic moves in nakama moments.

This isin't cliché at all. Seidou is one of the best teams and they lost.
Dec 28, 2014 4:44 AM

Oct 2008
at least i knew about the outcome beforehand so now i can enjoy watching furuya and sawamura grow stronger without feeling too upset about the 3rd-years leaving

it might've been disappointing big-time but i actually prefer it this way cuz it opens up great way to a lot more character development for the first-years who essentially are the main characters

having a team go on a complete winning streak from the first year might be exiting at first but it gets boring fast
and this kind of stuff that daiya pulled here is what gets me really emotional and hooked
Dec 28, 2014 5:05 AM

Nov 2013
;_____; The crying at the beginning.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 28, 2014 5:32 AM
Mar 2010
I agree that Diamond no Ace unfortunately takes a stereotype route. That goes for the current loss to Inajitsu as well as later on in the manga.

However I must say the loss against Inashiro was needed. It was either this or lose in the first round at Koshien. Winning everything right away does not make a very interesting story. If that is what one want to see I suggest Yowamushi Pedal is one of a kind.

In Diamond no Ace I would have preferred the twist later on without spoiling too much in relation to the results of the Fall tournament. In general though the story has several good points. For an instance I think it is nice for once to get a baseballstory that hopefully goes beyond the qualification to Koshien.
Dec 28, 2014 6:01 AM

Aug 2010
I also didn't get why people disliked Furuya that much so glad people are starting to respect him now. He's awesome! And the way he was running all day to strengthen his stamina so he can be a full time Ace like Mei.

I love Eijun but he needs to get over this shit and go back to the competition.

Seeing Tetsu crying was too much T^T

Are there gonna be any BA new transfer students? Manga readers?
Dec 28, 2014 8:07 AM
Mar 2010
With BA - do you mean bad ass?

Some new interesting first years are introduced however they wont join the team until spring - meaning they don't participait in the Fall tournament.

The most interesting "new" players are those that join from the stands such as Kanemaru and Toujou - Some of Sawamuras fellow first years.
Dec 28, 2014 8:09 AM

Jan 2012
This was too heartbreaking :( Seeing them all cry like that...
Dec 28, 2014 8:09 AM

Jun 2014
DAT FURUYA DECLERATION!
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 28, 2014 8:30 AM
Oct 2007
The back-to-back were well executed despite the conclusion. Furuya no Ace! sounds good :)
Dec 28, 2014 8:32 AM

Jun 2014
Barion-Zara said:
I also didn't get why people disliked Furuya that much so glad people are starting to respect him now. He's awesome! And the way he was running all day to strengthen his stamina so he can be a full time Ace like Mei.

I love Eijun but he needs to get over this shit and go back to the competition.

Seeing Tetsu crying was too much T^T

Are there gonna be any BA new transfer students? Manga readers?

Not really. The next tournament they are introduced as they would be joining in a couple months, but that wouldn't be until season 3 then. They haven't joined any teams yet in the manga.
Dec 28, 2014 8:38 AM

Oct 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

When everyone cried i cried.

Yuki ; A :

SAWAMURA T__T

Double episode broke me
Dec 28, 2014 9:29 AM

Oct 2013
i feel like crying
why did they lose whhhy ? :(
sawamura ....
it's just hurt :(
Dec 28, 2014 9:50 AM

Oct 2013
As much as it kills me to say this, I knew they were going to lose, but, man, I didn't expect it to be that frustfrating. The OP already gave away that they would be losing.

Tetsu is such an amazing captain. I can't believe he won't be around anymore, and seeing him crying broke my heart.

Now that their best players are gone, Seido would be going through hell to restore order and faith within their new team. So sad, but I'm looking forward the development. I hope Eijun grows stronger from this experience.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 61 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

73 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 14, 4:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.