Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 9, 2014 5:57 PM

Mar 2011
ramenshojo said:

The way I interpreted it was pretty simple.

She's in the middle of trying to figure things out about the entire situation. She wants to believe in her dad, but yet has unresolved questions.
Before she even has time to fully decide, she might have to face her comrades knowing full well what they are capable of.

Don't forget there's Levi who strong-armed her into accepting the throne some chapters ago. Also, she's got Eren all tied up like that- the Mikasa ain't gonna be happy.

Thanks for your reply :) I guess next chapter will let us know what Historia really believe in, because for now it's so vague.

Another question popped in my mind : if only a Reiss can be the real owner and displayer of the power and world's memories, why Rod needs Historia in the first place, to be the next holder ? Why not to turn himself into a Titan and took the power himself since he is supposed to be a Reiss ?

Is it because he is afraid of learning what sort of memories was so heavy to bear to make no one talk about it ? Or maybe he is not a Reiss, but an impostor too ?

There is really too much fishy details, more and more I rethink about all of it.
Committing a crime isn't scary.
The scary part is to admit it.

Receiving a punishment isn't scary.
The scary part is to know the pain of it.

Neither crime nor punishment will be gone from the world,
Because humans are unable to know their future.
Dec 9, 2014 6:09 PM
Oct 2014
Edvokiya said:
ramenshojo said:

The way I interpreted it was pretty simple.

She's in the middle of trying to figure things out about the entire situation. She wants to believe in her dad, but yet has unresolved questions.
Before she even has time to fully decide, she might have to face her comrades knowing full well what they are capable of.

Don't forget there's Levi who strong-armed her into accepting the throne some chapters ago. Also, she's got Eren all tied up like that- the Mikasa ain't gonna be happy.

Thanks for your reply :) I guess next chapter will let us know what Historia really believe in, because for now it's so vague.

Another question popped in my mind : if only a Reiss can be the real owner and displayer of the power and world's memories, why Rod needs Historia in the first place, to be the next holder ? Why not to turn himself into a Titan and took the power himself since he is supposed to be a Reiss ?

Is it because he is afraid of learning what sort of memories was so heavy to bear to make no one talk about it ? Or maybe he is not a Reiss, but an impostor too ?

There is really too much fishy details, more and more I rethink about all of it.

I don't think it really has anything to do with the Reiss family being royal or whatever. I just think only a Titan can access the full memories and powers currently in Eren's possession, and Rod knows that he'll never have Eren under his control, therefore, since Historia is his daughter and she - somewhat - seems to trust him, he wants her to eat him and get the power because he can control HER and HER knowledge, but not if Eren has it. And he's not a Titan himself, therefore eating Eren would be of absolutely no use to him except if he absolutely want to have bad breath. lol.

But again, that's just one of my many theories. :P
Dec 10, 2014 4:53 AM
Jul 2014
My theory is that Eren's father belonged to a bloodline that was spared from the brain modification and saved the truth of the titans. That could be the secret which is in Eren's basement.
And I think that Eren actually belongs to the Reiss family. Maybe his father isn't his real father or his mother was a Reiss. Then the problem would be solved and Eren doesn't have to get eaten any more. It's very unlikely that he'll die (yet).
Dec 10, 2014 8:57 AM
Oct 2014
I think Kenny is the Gorilla titan himself. In the last panel he said something like, "Even if I turned into a titan and ate Eren, it'll be all for nothing?". Not only this, actually they almost share the same features like both have long hair and long beards and both of them (almost) talk a lot!
Dec 10, 2014 5:58 PM

Nov 2012
Raiden_Ryo said:
I think Kenny is the Gorilla titan himself. In the last panel he said something like, "Even if I turned into a titan and ate Eren, it'll be all for nothing?". Not only this, actually they almost share the same features like both have long hair and long beards and both of them (almost) talk a lot!

Other than the appearance thing, that's what I was saying a few pages back, in this forum.
Guess no one appreciates my theories
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Dec 10, 2014 6:03 PM
Dec 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Papa Reiss is lying through his fuckin teeth. They had the power before Frieda and they never tried to end the threat of Titans.

Maybe, maybe not. Consider this though. From what we know, Titans come from humans. We also know of a medium that allows this to intentionally manifest (serum). We also know that within the walls (literal) is an army of tens if not hundreds of thousands of colossal type titans. And from previous chapters, we also found out that there are titan shifters living outside the walls, and for some reason, these very powerful individuals are afraid for the "future" of not only humanity, but also the world (as when Reiner asked, I think, Ymir if "this world has a future", I dont think he is just referring to the world inside the walls but the whole world in general).

What if humans becoming titans was something done intentionally to combat a threat that was far worse (the result being the original titan shifters) and the mindless titans were just the results of a mutation from the serum (someone not meant to get the serum got injected or someone accidentally dropped a bottle in the town drinking water. OOPS!) This is possible since if the serum was meant to transform somebody's DNA, as it does, there should be an original DNA sample that was modified. So quite possibly the original titan shifters were from the same family since families share the same DNA(coming back to bloodlines).

Back to my original theory, say there is a threat that is far a greater than the titans themselves lurking somewhere outside the walls, and the only deterrent to that threat (if not to stop but to stall) coming to end all of humanity is the rampaging of the titans outside, then there is great reason for the Reiss family to do nothing about those titans. I mean if the first wielder of that power managed to enslave all of those colossal types and forced them to become the walls, how easily would it have been for him to slaughter all the remaining titans? If not, make them all stone?

Also Reiner and Bertholt refer to their clan (original shifters"?") as warriors, which means that that their clan is fighting something (the "threat"?) outside the walls.

I think, there is far more to the royal family than meets the eye. Possibly a plan that has been under works for centuries is at play, passed down from through the memories of the previous holder of the power.

Meh, but it could also just be me trying to give papa Reiss more credit than hes worth :p
rokc426Dec 10, 2014 6:09 PM
Dec 10, 2014 6:18 PM

Dec 2014
My theory on the titans existence and the transition of powers.
Well we all know powers get transferred through eating those with it.
Like that one time with Reiner and Berthold flashbacked with Ymir eating his 3rd brother. So even normal titans can change back. So titans must be all former humans. And when Erin says when he rampaged he's in a dream like state almost. So titans must be the embodiment of memory and the Reiss family had some type of geneology that allows them to tap the memories of titans fully.

This isnt even all that I grasped from this "Titan" theory, but dang this chapter just managed to twist my curiosity.
Dec 10, 2014 10:58 PM

Oct 2014
Maybe Titans might be human made and Reiss family had something to do with it therefore they won't reveal secrets about Titans and outside world because it would put them in danger.
Dec 11, 2014 7:40 AM
Aug 2013
Raiden_Ryo said:

But he didn't know about the 3D gear?

That fucker has no face expressions! He's like a robot programed to like you.
Dec 11, 2014 9:51 AM

Oct 2011
Nice action filled chapter, can't wait to see this fight animated. And Rod is a goner next chapter. I love how we're getting more questions with some answers sprinkled on top!
Dec 11, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2013
Dzeraph said:
Raiden_Ryo said:

i think kenny's not even a titan, and surely not ape, because the know/don't know the exact opposite things. ape titans surely knows the mysteries (more or less) about the titans and kenny knows the mechanics of the 3DMG.

learning that ape-sama isn't grisha, kenny or "the king" makes me think that he really isn't someone we meet until know (in human form), but i sill think he's a shifter and not a original (non-human) titan
Tuturu~
Dec 11, 2014 7:01 PM

Jun 2012
eh?
Dec 11, 2014 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
mandroid said:
Dzeraph said:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

i think kenny's not even a titan, and surely not ape, because the know/don't know the exact opposite things. ape titans surely knows the mysteries (more or less) about the titans and kenny knows the mechanics of the 3DMG.

learning that ape-sama isn't grisha, kenny or "the king" makes me think that he really isn't someone we meet until know (in human form), but i sill think he's a shifter and not a original (non-human) titan

That is, Kenny is familiar with the 3DMG, while the Beast Titan wasn't. Kenny isn't familiar with titans x shifter mechanics, while the Beast Titan surely is. So, Kenny cannot be the Beast Titan.

For what is worth, if the Beast Titan was in the cave under the church, he'd be more interested in Eren and the Coordinator, than becoming a king (which Kenny aspires).

Additionally, if the Beast Titan is a shifter, he is a completely new character. We saw him as a titan, but if he has a human form, this form isn't the form of any human we have seen so far in the story. Why? Because all potential candidates for the human form of the Beast Titan can be rejected as of now - Kenny apparently isn't, Grisha wasn't, the fake king wasn't, and the real king (Rod) probably isn't.

It's the fake uncle's youngest brother, who was Carla's grand-, grandfather, coming from her mother's side bloodline! (:D, joke)

Yet, Kera believes he is a shifter, who has a proper human form - not like those titans outside the Walls, who might be a different sort altogether.

Given Ymir's story, it might be possible.
Dec 11, 2014 11:31 PM

Oct 2010
This chapter was SICK! Loving every moment of it. All that action, bits of revelation...

Rod might very well be telling the truth, or might very well be lying his daughter off to the max. The reason Eren can't get hard (hm!) might very well because he's not a Reiss. Or he can very well be a Reiss, proven by his self-awakened titan control ability. He might very well only need a 'trigger', just like what Rod and Historia did to made him remember his father's action and so on.

Interesting, interesting. I smell heavier determination from Historia. Or.. was that hesitation? Her being unable to bear the fact that she'd be queen someday and all... Oh, so hard to place.

And if Kenny's dream does consist of hope in the form of him being a titan to bring peace to the world... it'd be kinda... hmmm. It's like all those bloodbath happened because two men were trying to achieve the same objective with different means, and ultimately failed to communicate their ideas well and find common ground. Hope it doesn't turn out that way.

Interesting, interesting, I smell Kenny's gonna ruin the whole thing as he realized his plan wouldn't bear any fruit.

I have high expectations on the upcoming chapters, especially remembering that Erwin's men will come blasting the walls soon as well.
Dec 12, 2014 5:31 PM
Apr 2013
This chapter was really confusing for me when all the plot twists started going down.

For one, what exactly is hidden in the basement? It wouldn't be books containing the "memory of the world" because there was no way for Grisha to take the power, write a bunch of books containing the entire history of the world, lock it up in his basement in his home that was already destroyed, and be eaten by Eren all in the span of 1 night.

What also struck me as weird was when Rod was proselytizing Historia, Grisha's voice overlapped with his and says "Vengeance for your mother! You'll be the one who takes it!!". That must mean that Grisha knew the Reiss family had the power to destroy all titans but for whatever reason chose not use it, but how did he learn that information? Grisha wasn't a titan shifter himself before the fall of Wall Maria, so how did he know the Reiss had titan shifters? How did he even know that you could eat other titans and gain their power?

I think, the group Reiner and Annie belong to are the ones that developed the serum to turn people into titans. Probably, the Reiss family belongs to this group of people, which is why Ymir says they find Eren's power and Historia valuable. I think the ape titan, like Ymir, also stole the titan power from these people many years ago. I think the ape titan (in his human form) and Grisha knew each other, and this is how Grisha got his hands on the serum. Then everything started going down in the start of the series as Reiner and Bertholdt were told to go look for the ape titan, and only later did they find out that Grisha ate Freida, so their objective now was also to track down whoever had Freida's power.
Dec 13, 2014 1:32 PM

Sep 2013
People really need to stop trying to find someone we know at this point to be the Ape. Hes so painfully obviously somebody we dont yet know.

And how the hell did some of you ever doubt Hanji's femininity? I get that some characters can appear as either gender but she was always apparent as a woman.

As you all said, Rod is either lying about everything or completely honest. The honesty route is way frightening as that means the use of the Coordinate power is the harbinger to something far worse than living like animals inside a cage in constant fear of the Titans. I cant begin to imagine what that could be so for now Ill say Rods a dirty liar. But whatd be the point of lying? Get Historia and the Coordinate on his side? I cant imagine he cares for Historia and he seemed to live comfortably despite never using the Coordinate.

And then we have the fact that Eren seemed to use the Coordinate just fine as he sicced those regular Titans on both Shifters and the Titan that ate his mother. Wait but how did Rod even figure out that the culprit was Grisha and that Eren was the son of Grisha? That implies familiarity with Grisha and then Eren's using the Coordinate implies that perhaps Carla was in fact a Reiss... But Eren shouldve at least known his mothers maiden name... She couldve abandoned her name and succession rights in favor of a normal life, I suppose.
Potpourri said:
I think, the group Reiner and Annie belong to are the ones that developed the serum to turn people into titans. Probably, the Reiss family belongs to this group of people, which is why Ymir says they find Eren's power and Historia valuable. I think the ape titan, like Ymir, also stole the titan power from these people many years ago. I think the ape titan (in his human form) and Grisha knew each other, and this is how Grisha got his hands on the serum. Then everything started going down in the start of the series as Reiner and Bertholdt were told to go look for the ape titan, and only later did they find out that Grisha ate Freida, so their objective now was also to track down whoever had Freida's power.

The Ape cant be anybody from within the Walls. The Ape didnt even know of the 3DG, which, if memory serves, is fairly new, for a weapon. But thats overshadowed by the Ape's uncertainty if humanity inside the Walls still spoke the same language as he, which implies a centuries-long gap since he last visited.
Dec 14, 2014 2:08 PM

Dec 2010
The level of epicness this chapter brought is epic. EPIC. Love this manga. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

Dec 15, 2014 8:40 AM

Aug 2012
I don't even understand this manga anymore.
Lost interest after it went from titans to military subterfuge.
Dec 15, 2014 6:02 PM
Dec 2014
Say Rod was telling the truth: Why didn't you just stop the titans long ago? Why give the powers
to children? This was going on for years? Before or after the rich came over the waters to find the walls?

See. This is what the fuck honestly, we still have part in the manga the author put explaining the past how
the humans found it. So the Ressis's deleted that memory I'm assuming? This titan suddenly came and made the walls
in front the humans? So did the author mess up or is the Rod lying?

If they (Ressis Family) have to take a shot, is it really a bloodline thing? I feel like it's not a royal bloodline thing like they make it appear,it's not like everyone can turn into a titan or just eat each other for the power. Only one person per generation, it's more of a: "We found or invented this titan medicine, and we won't share it with anyone."
Dec 16, 2014 5:17 PM
May 2012
writtenonclouds said:

I'm not following the story either anymore. This is the worst way to explan the mysteries. Last 10 chapters have been only slow talking to use more chapters.

So boring.
Dec 16, 2014 6:57 PM

Dec 2013
Interesting developments in this chapter.

One thing I really like about this, as messed up as it is, is that Jean and the others are having to actually kill people. In so many series, a common theme is that the protagonists/"good guys" refuse to kill other people, which is a noble sentiment and obviously the better option. But sometimes it just isn't realistic. In the SnK world, especially with these anti-personnel gear-wielding people, it would also be unrealistic for all of the good characters to get out without having to kill some people. It makes me sad to see the characters having to go through so much, but I really do appreciate the manga taking that route.

Excited to see what happens next.
Dec 16, 2014 7:18 PM
Aug 2014
Reiss: "Did you know that if you do anything I say, all your dreams will come true and everyone will know everything! You'll even get a puppy and your sister will come back to life!"
Historia: "REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY?! I should betray one of my closest, if only, friends because his father killed by family, which I didn't even know I had until five minutes ago, being told by the literally shittiest person in charge (after Zackley)"

Historia is literally acting like a COMPLETE IDIOT! She has NO reason to believe a single word Reiss says! Or if he, oh, I don't know HAS A SECRET AGENDA FOR ALL THIS! He doesn't have a good reason that he sent Kenny to MURDER HER FAMILY or LET HER LIVE IN SQUALOR FOR THE ENTIRETY OF HER LIFE other than "it's dangerous." He's the one who is pulling the strings and Historia is just tying those strings on tight around every limb.

You know what makes one of the most trusted people you know the most dangerous person ever? Heresay evidence that a person who was never seen again killed her family. Why is he considered responsible for the actions of his father? or in some ways culpable?! Reiss is almost making a coherent argument now that he's saying she has to eat Eren in order to "attain the true knowledge" but why does she give a flying shit?! How does she know he's not lying? Why can't HE just take the injection and toss her ass back to Murder Family Farm? Maybe there is a reason he is keeping THE ONLY PERSON WHO IS THINKING IN THE ROOM gagged and locked up.

Things I hope will happen:
1. Kenny will shoot Reiss and explain his plan and/or origin as he dies.
2. Historia will take the injection, but then use it to kill Kenny and/or Reiss
3. Eren will GET OUT SOMEHOW
4. The rest of the team will start being anywhere nearer to the other main characters.
5. Zackley will just obviously become the new antagonist, since he is very obviously obsessed with control and torture. You just traded the secretive, murderous Royalty for a fascist, sadistic Rebel who only took over so he could torture people and sees this as a "constructive" form of it.
6. ANYTHING GETS EXPLAINED EVER
7. Reiss is the Beast Titan? Reiss reveals his plan?
8. Annie shows up? Do we actually know where she is now?
Dec 16, 2014 9:25 PM
Dec 2014
Aerostar said:
writtenonclouds said:

I'm not following the story either anymore. This is the worst way to explan the mysteries. Last 10 chapters have been only slow talking to use more chapters.

So boring.

Opinions like these that makes me worry how the anime will cover this part, I hope they add some childish twist to it because people don't like politics.

Our Government is fucked up, so it Attack on Titan's but some younger people can't seem to relate, realize, or care. This is getting interesting, nice to know we find out where the titans are coming from.

It's kind of boring if they just stayed attack titans til something happened, I mean they have been doing that for 100 years with no luck. Now they realize the monster is within this is a real game changer for the better.

If you don't like complex stories that twist and turn, go back to Naruto or One Piece. I watch/read both I'm not dissing them, but I always knew Naruto would be Hokage and end up with Hokage. I know Luffy will be King of The Pirates, it those type of animes that are direct and simple geared for younger kids.

What will happen at the end of AoT? We can only make guesses and find out, I like that. Just a personal opinion.
Dec 16, 2014 9:44 PM
May 2012
KenniSenpai said:
Aerostar said:

So boring.

Opinions like these that makes me worry how the anime will cover this part, I hope they add some childish twist to it because people don't like politics.

Our Government is fucked up, so it Attack on Titan's but some younger people can't seem to relate, realize, or care. This is getting interesting, nice to know we find out where the titans are coming from.

It's kind of boring if they just stayed attack titans til something happened, I mean they have been doing that for 100 years with no luck. Now they realize the monster is within this is a real game changer for the better.

If you don't like complex stories that twist and turn, go back to Naruto or One Piece. I watch/read both I'm not dissing them, but I always knew Naruto would be Hokage and end up with Hokage. I know Luffy will be King of The Pirates, it those type of animes that are direct and simple geared for younger kids.

What will happen at the end of AoT? We can only make guesses and find out, I like that. Just a personal opinion.

Lol I've not even watched any Naruto or One Piece. This is not a complex story. Probably only badly written. I liked the anime but the whole story of this manga is terrible.

I'm also older than you.
AerostarDec 16, 2014 9:56 PM
Dec 17, 2014 4:04 AM

Oct 2013
Aerostar said:
KenniSenpai said:

Lol I've not even watched any Naruto or One Piece. This is not a complex story. Probably only badly written. I liked the anime but the whole story of this manga is terrible.

I'm also older than you.
I have to agree with KenniSenpai, this story is pretty damn complex and the reason I say that is because we have a whole bunch of questions and hardly any answers to them. The series is full of twist and turns that keep you on your toes constantly.

Like he said most popular Anime/Manga are predictable. I knew Naruto would become Hokage and it's obvious that Luffy will be the king of the pirates in 8 or 9 years(or whenever the hell Oda said the manga was ending)

This uprising arc has been very relevant to the plot, since the monarchy was trying to eliminate the survey corps they wouldn't haven't been able to do anything in the future if they hadn't taken care of them. Now that the government is under military control the scouting legion is free to do their jobs without any interference.

I'll admit this arc was sluggish and had plenty of boring moments, but that's how a story should be sometimes. We can't have action all the time, dialogue is important for the development of characters as well as the plot. If we had nothing but titan action their wouldn't be any progress because the military would be too busy fighting giants instead of getting to the root of the problem.

And I disagree with your opinion about this story being poorly written. The only thing terrible about this manga is the art, but then again that's my personal opinion. Even if you're older, it does seem like you're aren't seeing the big picture and I hope it doesn't seem like I'm verbally attacking you because that is not my intention at all. Still think about it, all the moves that were made, the deception and of course the sacrifices. It's like a damn chess game.

People are constantly complaining about how boring the manga has gotten, but those same people keep coming back for more each and every month because they no the pay off will be huge in the end. Eventually we will get to Eren's basement, soon we will learn about that ape titan, and of course we'll get to see RBA's village at some point.

Isayama is a brilliant author because he keeps us speculating on the many mysteries he has laid out. With every chapter there are new theories on forums regarding the different secrets that have yet to be revealed and many of them are interesting and well thought out. If these things aren't a recipe for a good manga, than I am curious to know what is?

His writing style is the reason why attack on titan has blown up in popularity. Be patient my friend and you'll get what you're looking for out of this story.
APracticalStonerDec 17, 2014 4:42 PM
"I'm saying that guns aren't for threats, they're for actions."-Shanks
Dec 17, 2014 1:19 PM

Oct 2014
Since you are all talking about the Beast Titan...

So, the person he is must have been living under a rock for a long time. Everyone inside the Walls has known about 3DG since it was created. I also asume people living outside also have known about this for a long time. Maybe the Beast Titan is someone who lived before 3DG was invented? Of course, if it is actually a shifter - we don't know, because he reffers to humans as "they".

My theory is that the Beast Titan is actually the first titan, or an ancient titan - a forefather to titans. Maybe his connection to today's titans is somewhat like apes connection to humans? I mean, he looks like an ape and titans look like humans - maybe that's the hint?

I also have a theory that he was maintenanced or sleeping or in a state similar to coma - that would explain why he hasn't known about 3DG. It would make him really old - maybe he remebers the day titans appeard and attacked mankind?

(sorry for my English, it's not my first language - but I'm trying to do my best)
Dec 17, 2014 3:02 PM

Sep 2013
MisterSinister said:
Reiss: "Did you know that if you do anything I say, all your dreams will come true and everyone will know everything! You'll even get a puppy and your sister will come back to life!"
Historia: "REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY?! I should betray one of my closest, if only, friends because his father killed by family, which I didn't even know I had until five minutes ago, being told by the literally shittiest person in charge (after Zackley)"

Historia is literally acting like a COMPLETE IDIOT! She has NO reason to believe a single word Reiss says! Or if he, oh, I don't know HAS A SECRET AGENDA FOR ALL THIS! He doesn't have a good reason that he sent Kenny to MURDER HER FAMILY or LET HER LIVE IN SQUALOR FOR THE ENTIRETY OF HER LIFE other than "it's dangerous." He's the one who is pulling the strings and Historia is just tying those strings on tight around every limb.

You know what makes one of the most trusted people you know the most dangerous person ever? Heresay evidence that a person who was never seen again killed her family. Why is he considered responsible for the actions of his father? or in some ways culpable?! Reiss is almost making a coherent argument now that he's saying she has to eat Eren in order to "attain the true knowledge" but why does she give a flying shit?! How does she know he's not lying? Why can't HE just take the injection and toss her ass back to Murder Family Farm? Maybe there is a reason he is keeping THE ONLY PERSON WHO IS THINKING IN THE ROOM gagged and locked up.

Things I hope will happen:
1. Kenny will shoot Reiss and explain his plan and/or origin as he dies.
2. Historia will take the injection, but then use it to kill Kenny and/or Reiss
3. Eren will GET OUT SOMEHOW
4. The rest of the team will start being anywhere nearer to the other main characters.
5. Zackley will just obviously become the new antagonist, since he is very obviously obsessed with control and torture. You just traded the secretive, murderous Royalty for a fascist, sadistic Rebel who only took over so he could torture people and sees this as a "constructive" form of it.
6. ANYTHING GETS EXPLAINED EVER
7. Reiss is the Beast Titan? Reiss reveals his plan?
8. Annie shows up? Do we actually know where she is now?

Maybe Im just slow but shes not made a single move that shows she believes anything he says yet...
Dec 17, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
I'm reading most of the comments and I notice know one mentioning that eren could be a reiss and he could well can use the full potential of the coordinate. Papa reiss just doesn't know yet. Notice Historia was about to say something before Kenny interrupted her? I bet she was going to tell her father that she saw eren control all the titans.
Dec 17, 2014 4:49 PM

Oct 2013
keragamming said:
I'm reading most of the comments and I notice know one mentioning that eren could be a reiss and he could well can use the full potential of the coordinate. Papa reiss just doesn't know yet. Notice Historia was about to say something before Kenny interrupted her? I bet she was going to tell her father that she saw eren control all the titans.
Well I've been hypothesizing for a few months now that Karla might have been a Reiss before marrying Grisha, it's just a theory but there is a high probability that it might be true.
APracticalStonerDec 17, 2014 4:56 PM
Dec 18, 2014 6:55 AM

Dec 2012
Badass-Armin said:
keragamming said:
Well I've been hypothesizing for a few months now that Karla might have been a Reiss before marrying Grisha, it's just a theory but there is a high probability that it might be true.

Quite possible and it would immediately resolve many of the issues about the Coordinator.

Yet, there's a difference in how Eren and Frieda used it and actually it would be more intriguing if 'anyone' can use the coordinator besides the close relative connections. For one, it places Grisha's act where it should be - by giving the Coordinator to Eren, he also gave the mankind a chance to experience its history without memory loss or manipulation. Second, regardless whether the Reisses and the Jaegars share a blood connection, how RBA deemed to use the coordinator if the assumption is that only a Reiss (and a Jaegar) could have?

About Rod's lies: Krista's mom murder and the way he accentuates on Grisha's sin and focuses the blame on Eren clearly shows he has no scruples into brainwashing his own child. He doesn't give a damn about a possible loss of another Wall (the fake news of Wall Rose's breach), but apparently he is also quick enough in making up convenient stories for dangerous and surprising contenders like Kenny. It is obvious he wants the power back into his family and, above all, under his control.

Now, what he is not lying about could be that he truly believes this is how it should be. Maybe the Reisses were indeed the bloodline that inherited the founder's will behind the walls and Rod probably thinks that hiding the truth (the history of the world and the walls) is the right course of action, given the alternative. It's the same dilemma we had been discussing way back when Hanji almost threw Pastor Nick off Wall Sina - what the people would do if they realize they have been guarded by titans in the walls? How would they live - in peace or in constant fear and despair knowing it? Wouldn't some of them try to use the wall titans for personal gains and/or against humanity, like some of them did in the past (hinted)? Even more - what would be the life in a confined area along with creatures like the shifters, who "only" look humans, but are titans (monsters) as well [the sentiments expressed during Eren's trial].

I don't know how much Rod indeed knows or believes he know about the world history and the coordinator. Honestly, it's not all that important, because they are all screwed up - in the past, in the present, and possibly in the future (RBA weren't looking for the Coordinator just because they felt like it, right?) It's a matter of choice what to do next. Life turned into living hell after the breach of Wall Maria, but if the real king thinks his duty is only to lull the thinning number of humans and walls into believing they are OK and shit doesn't or won't happen ... well, it's fairly moronic (though it might not have been in the beginning).
zellamiDec 18, 2014 6:59 AM
Dec 18, 2014 7:37 AM
Dec 2014
I know Rod explained the beginning, but does this make that easter egg fake?

http://imgur.com/qpigF3C
Dec 20, 2014 6:03 AM

Jul 2008
Looks like Historia's father wants her to consume Eren just as how Freida consumed her uncle. We finally see the good guys killing their own more in this chapter and it would only continue now.

Kenny is definitely gonna turned on Reiss with his look.
Dec 27, 2014 5:11 PM

May 2014
Oh man...so many feels after reading that.

I'm really starting to wonder if everything the Survey Corps Coalition have been doing up till now was for the greater good.... Why do they [the Reiss Family] have to 'pass down the secret'? Why can't they just tell everyone the truth? I--I don't understand...

The only way I could see them getting out of this is if, somehow, by a miraculous occurence, Eren figured out how to harness the Reiss Family's ability.... Maybe that's why Eren's father did what he did. Maybe he had faith in him that he could fail where he couldn't....

Either some plot no jutsu happens and the Reiss tradition is uprooted (lol, I can't even believe I'm considering this...) or Eren willingly lets himself be sacrificed to Historia.

But there's one thing I don't understand though.... How could Eren've taken the ability if his father wasn't even there to give him the ability as he was at the heart of the incident of Wall Shina? They said Eren's Dad was fighting Historia during the Wall Shina overtaking right? So how did Eren obtain this ability?

Unless I misread the manga and this actually happened long before Wall Shina was overrun; correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, now that I'm caught up I'm going to wait another year so that I'll have plenty of shite to read then since Isayama does 1 chapter a month.

So yeah
Click my sig
Dec 28, 2014 11:15 AM

Oct 2013
_Izaya_ said:

I'm really starting to wonder if everything the Survey Corps Coalition have been doing up till now was for the greater good.... Why do they [the Reiss Family] have to 'pass down the secret'? Why can't they just tell everyone the truth? I--I don't understand...

The only way I could see them getting out of this is if, somehow, by a miraculous occurence, Eren figured out how to harness the Reiss Family's ability.... Maybe that's why Eren's father did what he did. Maybe he had faith in him that he could fail where he couldn't....

Either some plot no jutsu happens and the Reiss tradition is uprooted (lol, I can't even believe I'm considering this...) or Eren willingly lets himself be sacrificed to Historia.

But there's one thing I don't understand though.... How could Eren've taken the ability if his father wasn't even there to give him the ability as he was at the heart of the incident of Wall Shina? They said Eren's Dad was fighting Historia during the Wall Shina overtaking right? So how did Eren obtain this ability?

Unless I misread the manga and this actually happened long before Wall Shina was overrun; correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, now that I'm caught up I'm going to wait another year so that I'll have plenty of shit to read then since Isayama does 1 chapter a month.

So yeah
Eren's Dads name is Grisha and he wasn't fighting Historia he was fighting her older half sister Frieda. Secondly, Wall Sina wasn't the wall that had been breached since it is the innermost wall which is the furthest one from the titans. Wall Maria is the outermost wall and was the closest wall to the titans, that was the one that had been breached and invaded by titans.

Grisha was already heading towards Wall Sina before the breach of Wall Maria. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin all took refuge in Wall Rose(the second wall) with the rest of the survivors. Apparently Grisha was fast enough to travel back to Wall Rose to find his son and make the transfer.
Dec 30, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2014
Badass-Armin said:
_Izaya_ said:

Anyway, now that I'm caught up I'm going to wait another year so that I'll have plenty of shit to read then since Isayama does 1 chapter a month.

So yeah
Eren's Dads name is Grisha and he wasn't fighting Historia he was fighting her older half sister Frieda. Secondly, Wall Sina wasn't the wall that had been breached since it is the innermost wall which is the furthest one from the titans. Wall Maria is the outermost wall and was the closest wall to the titans, that was the one that had been breached and invaded by titans.

Grisha was already heading towards Wall Sina before the breach of Wall Maria. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin all took refuge in Wall Rose(the second wall) with the rest of the survivors. Apparently Grisha was fast enough to travel back to Wall Rose to find his son and make the transfer.

Wow, that's so weird O_O

Oh well. All that's left to do is wait until a year from now so that I can read this again.

Thanks for the clarifying ^_^ !
Click my sig
Dec 31, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
_Izaya_ said:
Badass-Armin said:

Wow, that's so weird O_O

Oh well. All that's left to do is wait until a year from now so that I can read this again.

Thanks for the clarifying ^_^ !
Lol no problem and I must say you have the patience of a saint for being able to wait an entire year.
Jan 2, 2015 7:21 AM

May 2013
That insight, that history. Frieda knew it all.
Jan 7, 2015 5:58 PM
Oct 2014
Badass-Armin said:
Aerostar said:

I'm also older than you.
I have to agree with KenniSenpai, this story is pretty damn complex and the reason I say that is because we have a whole bunch of questions and hardly any answers to them. The series is full of twist and turns that keep you on your toes constantly.

Like he said most popular Anime/Manga are predictable. I knew Naruto would become Hokage and it's obvious that Luffy will be the king of the pirates in 8 or 9 years(or whenever the hell Oda said the manga was ending)

This uprising arc has been very relevant to the plot, since the monarchy was trying to eliminate the survey corps they wouldn't haven't been able to do anything in the future if they hadn't taken care of them. Now that the government is under military control the scouting legion is free to do their jobs without any interference.

I'll admit this arc was sluggish and had plenty of boring moments, but that's how a story should be sometimes. We can't have action all the time, dialogue is important for the development of characters as well as the plot. If we had nothing but titan action their wouldn't be any progress because the military would be too busy fighting giants instead of getting to the root of the problem.

And I disagree with your opinion about this story being poorly written. The only thing terrible about this manga is the art, but then again that's my personal opinion. Even if you're older, it does seem like you're aren't seeing the big picture and I hope it doesn't seem like I'm verbally attacking you because that is not my intention at all. Still think about it, all the moves that were made, the deception and of course the sacrifices. It's like a damn chess game.

People are constantly complaining about how boring the manga has gotten, but those same people keep coming back for more each and every month because they no the pay off will be huge in the end. Eventually we will get to Eren's basement, soon we will learn about that ape titan, and of course we'll get to see RBA's village at some point.

Isayama is a brilliant author because he keeps us speculating on the many mysteries he has laid out. With every chapter there are new theories on forums regarding the different secrets that have yet to be revealed and many of them are interesting and well thought out. If these things aren't a recipe for a good manga, than I am curious to know what is?

His writing style is the reason why attack on titan has blown up in popularity. Be patient my friend and you'll get what you're looking for out of this story.

Preach KenniSenpai and Aerostar. I absolutely ADORE Isayama-san's style. He is an artist, of the mind and of the pen. People, he's only in his twenties! This is his FIRST MANGA EVER!! Can you not see how amazingly brilliant he is?? <3
Jan 7, 2015 6:10 PM
Dec 2014
FaolanOkumura said:
Badass-Armin said:

Preach KenniSenpai and Aerostar. I absolutely ADORE Isayama-san's style. He is an artist, of the mind and of the pen. People, he's only in his twenties! This is his FIRST MANGA EVER!! Can you not see how amazingly brilliant he is?? <3

Jesus didn't realize he was only in his 20's my god, it's only up hill from here! His mind is already like this, oh I can't wait to see the development in 2-3 years.

I honestly like SnK so much for 3 soild but very personal reasons.

1. Mystery - YES. I love being an arm chair detective, with that summary of ch. 65 being true - that makes 3 theories that I have made RIGHT. I love being able to guess like this in depth.

2. Military - I love stuff involving War, period.

3. Swords - Swords = Skill. I love it compared to guns, SnK being military AND swords - I think I cried lel.

I hope he makes other mangas on this level, later.
Jan 8, 2015 1:24 AM
Oct 2014

Jesus didn't realize he was only in his 20's my god, it's only up hill from here! His mind is already like this, oh I can't wait to see the development in 2-3 years.[/quote]

Hum... was that ironic? Coz it sure sounded like it. #confused
Jan 8, 2015 1:25 AM
Oct 2014
Ugh I meant KenniSenpai and Badass-Armin, not Aerostar. I didn't follow the right column up to the names.
Jan 8, 2015 5:58 AM
Dec 2014
FaolanOkumura said:

Jesus didn't realize he was only in his 20's my god, it's only up hill from here! His mind is already like this, oh I can't wait to see the development in 2-3 years.

Hum... was that ironic? Coz it sure sounded like it. #confused[/quote] Huh?
Jan 8, 2015 12:06 PM
Oct 2014
KenniSenpai said:
FaolanOkumura said:

Huh?[/quote]

Were you being ironic when you said "Jesus didn't realize he was only in his 20's...[...]"?
Jan 8, 2015 12:30 PM
Dec 2014
FaolanOkumura said:
KenniSenpai said:

Huh?

Were you being ironic when you said "Jesus didn't realize he was only in his 20's...[...]"?[/quote]

N - no?
Ironic? Is it because I didn't put a comma?
Jan 8, 2015 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
FaolanOkumura said:
Ugh I meant KenniSenpai and Badass-Armin, not Aerostar. I didn't follow the right column up to the names.
Lol it happens to the best of us
Jan 8, 2015 9:48 PM
Oct 2014
KenniSenpai said:
FaolanOkumura said:

Huh?

Were you being ironic when you said "Jesus didn't realize he was only in his 20's...[...]"?

N - no?
Ironic? Is it because I didn't put a comma?[/quote]

No xD It just kind of sounded like that with the way you were wording it xD Sorry, I was wrong then x) Never mind me! x')
Jan 8, 2015 9:49 PM
Oct 2014
Wtf the quotes for this are all messed up xD
Jan 9, 2015 7:20 AM
Dec 2014
FaolanOkumura said:

Yeah it went to hell lel.
Jan 21, 2015 3:41 PM

Jan 2012
Kenny what are u thinking about.?
FaolanOkumura said:
lol

Apr 11, 2015 3:25 PM

Aug 2013
So this was Kenny dream..? Way to make it crumble in a mather of second. His face of despair was priceless :D

I'm sure that Hange is only injured. Badly. But not too much, I hope.
They did a great job fooling with the Military Corps. Jean and Connie killed humans... They all accepted their fate and job.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.