Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 8, 2014 8:29 AM

Oct 2014
Badass-Armin said:
Yeah this chapter was pretty dope. That entrance they made was so I epic, those smoke bombs and gas canisters were brilliant ideas, but I expect nothing less from Armin the strategist. Levi and Mikasa got shit done as usual, and I'm proud of Connie and Jean for getting their first Kills. Sasha showed off her archery skills, I was happy to see her cover Connie's back since I ship those two. You Gotta love Springles! Hange's injury got me worried since I'm a big fan of hers. Hopefully she'll pull through since it's wasn't a fatal wound.

If Rod is telling the truth about the walls and their creation, than why didn't his family take action long ago? Frieda isn't even a factor since the Reiss family had been in possession of that power for over 100 years, they could have been done something to aid Humanity in its struggle against the titans.

Now Kenny shows his true nature, however he can't make his dream come true since he is not of royal blood. Lol his face was priceless at the end! I wonder what he will resort to since his plans have been ruined? I don't know but I have a strong feeling there is going to be a titan appearance next chapter.

One thing for sure is Eren isn't going to die, he's the main character after all. Still... It will be interesting to see how this plays out next month.

That's why i think Rod is twisting the facts..From the previous chapter,it looks like Grisha is begging the Reiss family to help after Zhiganshina fell,but they still refused..Which is why he went into a rage and killed Freida and took the power from them..He probably felt that the power would be better in the hands of someone who's actually willing to help humanity..Hence his message to Eren that he must be the one to avenge his mother
Dec 8, 2014 8:32 AM

Oct 2014
Also,some really great action scenes in this..Can't wait for this chapter to be animated
Dec 8, 2014 8:37 AM

Oct 2014
KenniSenpai said:

What does he mean by that? The true king will come?

What I don't understand is why now? Did this king titan speak English
tell them step to step what to do? What about the ape titan?

I don't know, Carla looked like a Ressis and without us knowing her past the creator could easily let that happen and making the excuse of why Eren can remember the creation.

A theory I read was: Eren made himself forget his dad, forget his powers, etc. Reminds me of the King's will.

Another theory was that Mikasa broke Eren's equipment, the equipment has never been malfunctioned not once. If she is suppose to remember, maybe she does. I'm still thinking about the 1st chapter in the manga. "See you later, Eren."

She knew everyone would forget, but why does it seem like she does forget if the Ackerman's aren't effected? Her mom was calm about life too, if she remembered - why wasn't she pulling a move like Eren's dad?

Levi is 35, he should know something same with Kenny. Something isn't right, it's in our faces but I just can't see it.

I don't understand this theory..could you explain?
Dec 8, 2014 8:49 AM

Nov 2012
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that maybe Kenny already is a titan. One we've seen before. Idk, maybe the Ape who took the 3DMG, and studied it? Unless I've missed something, maybe that's how he came up with the anti-3DMG? Because in titan form, he took a human's weapons, and studied them, in order to make something that can counter the 3DMG?

IDK, it's a far-fetched idea, but the way Kenny worded his last sentence makes it seem like he is already a titan, and regrets turning into one, because not only is he not of royal blood, but he cannot become king, like he wished.

Just a wild guess. Feel free to rip that theory apart, I don't care.
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Dec 8, 2014 9:58 AM

Jan 2013
Incredible chapter. So many things got revealed, but so many questions were also risen up.
Indeed, this other M.P. woman looked a lot like Annie...
And who was this titan who made the walls? Why did he manipulate the people's memories?
And what is Kenny's dream?
Maybe it is possible for Eren to use the full extent of Frieda's powers...
Damn, I'm so excited, I wanna know what's going on.
LichtspielDec 8, 2014 10:09 AM

Dec 8, 2014 10:14 AM

Feb 2013
Things are becoming more and more interesting...really glad Historia is doubting because I dont really want her to betray them >-< I also hope Hanji is okay.

Dec 8, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2013
A pretty intense chapter this one, wondering what's Kenny real "dream" actually
Dec 8, 2014 11:03 AM
Dec 2014
People have said it doesn't make sense how Eren's titan was the only one to go though "puberty". Armored, Female, and Colossal titan look the same.

Why does Reiner have his teenage hair on his titan as a child? Eren's kid titan had short hair, later on he had long.

Reiner went short? Berthold went bald? Annie stayed the same?
Eren's dad grew a beard, Freida's hair went blond?

I feel like we're suppose to understand something from that.
Dec 8, 2014 11:25 AM
Dec 2014
fathertime said:
KenniSenpai said:

What does he mean by that? The true king will come?

What I don't understand is why now? Did this king titan speak English
tell them step to step what to do? What about the ape titan?

I don't know, Carla looked like a Ressis and without us knowing her past the creator could easily let that happen and making the excuse of why Eren can remember the creation.

A theory I read was: Eren made himself forget his dad, forget his powers, etc. Reminds me of the King's will.

Another theory was that Mikasa broke Eren's equipment, the equipment has never been malfunctioned not once. If she is suppose to remember, maybe she does. I'm still thinking about the 1st chapter in the manga. "See you later, Eren."

She knew everyone would forget, but why does it seem like she does forget if the Ackerman's aren't effected? Her mom was calm about life too, if she remembered - why wasn't she pulling a move like Eren's dad?

Levi is 35, he should know something same with Kenny. Something isn't right, it's in our faces but I just can't see it.

I don't understand this theory..could you explain?

I forgot where and when I came across that theory but it has holes, but interesting non the less.

Remember when Eren couldn't hang correctly during the final testing?
It has never malfunctioned from Keith said ( Ilse gear didn't work either, she threw hers away. Jean's gear was busted once too. )

Mikasa has a shock looked, she can't believe he's doing it. But it's also disappointment in her eyes, she just said last night she wanted Eren to give up
this pipe dream.

The Ackerman's are unaffected by this memory wipe ( In all honesty, we're assuming that. ) The perfect way to cancel out a theory of time travel or a parallel universe is simple. Make it a memory alternation instead.

We can't ignore this - in the manga, short hair Mikasa say's "See you later, Eren."
Something happen, he dreams of him mom being aten alive. If this is a result to a pure memory wipe and NOT time travel, someone must be telling the story - or like Eren, someone got Eren's memories.

Even during when he was looking back into his dad's memories and Freida's they made it seem as if someone else was there. We should see the memories of Eren's dad and Freida in a first person view, not a third person. This could be dismissed by the author simply wanting to show us the characters.

( This is random, throwing it out there. Assuming Mikasa got the Ackerman bloodline from her Asian mother - why didn't her mother gain complete control and kill all those guys if not one? )

We can't be for certain Ackerman Clan is the one who can remember, but if they could remember Mikasa's mom should have been training her. Kenny knew about Levi Ackerman and trained him, even though we don't know the full details it's "safe" to assume Kenny knew about the Ackerman's?

Mikasa had headaches as a kid during the fall like Eren has now when he thinks too hard on a memory. Eren's dad had to sneak Eren out into the forest, Mikasa was there. Either she's not saying anything or she doesn't remember. But how was her memory wiped if Freida had already died? How did they even do the memory wipe?

If it is time travel, it would make some what more sense.
Eren's dad nor Mikasa refused to say anything because of the
butterfly effect. So what would they be trying to do differently then?
Dec 8, 2014 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
Another cliffhanger, noooo! if it was a weekly manga I wouldn't mind but we have to wait another month, I hope this arc will be over soon and damn it it seems like historia will probably live, she has become so annoying lately, I wish she would die and her dad is probably lying...
But I hope historia is not really planning to betray eren and the others.
Dec 8, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 2011
I have a question to all readers please, about this panel :

(it's the lower left case from page 35)

How did you interpreted Historia's expression? I can't decide for a definitive answer...

I'm hesitating if it is supposed to show an Historia's anxious and resigned look because her former comrades are coming and they will soon know that she betrayed them. Or if an Historia's look hoping and feeling anxious that her comrades are coming to save them too late and so she is just playing the good girl going along with daddy plans in order to buy informations & time.

Thanks for replies !
Committing a crime isn't scary.
The scary part is to admit it.

Receiving a punishment isn't scary.
The scary part is to know the pain of it.

Neither crime nor punishment will be gone from the world,
Because humans are unable to know their future.
Dec 8, 2014 12:22 PM
Dec 2014
They said the room they was in was made by that titan, I wonder
if the titan that made the cave is actually near just sleeping, like
the ones within the wall. It kinda seems like the only way to make the
crystal is by encasing yourself in it from how Annie has been
showing us since ep 25.
Dec 8, 2014 1:00 PM

Mar 2014
Interesting informations, but questions won't decrease... :

Frieda wasn't ready to use that power, but what about the previous Royals? It wasn't needed due to the walls or what else? Grisha must have chosen to do what he did also because of this

Why these secrets were never revealed, strictly to anyone? What about the titans inside the wall, it hasn't been really mentioned

Is it true that only royal bloodines can use that power fully? I doubt it and I don't expect Eren to have that kind of blood, but for now Kenny came out after hearing that (that was unexpected). What is his dream?

Historia is hesitating, especially after having heard that last part. But what exactly Rod told her when Eren was unconscious? The situation will get worse because of Kenny, and the enemy is approaching. How they will react?

Nice combat parts. Maybe I expected more hesistation from those who had their first kill. Hanji conditions are unclear, but that didn't look like a fatal wound...
Dec 8, 2014 1:12 PM

Dec 2012
Edvokiya said:

How did you interpreted Historia's expression? I can't decide for a definitive answer...

I'm hesitating if it is supposed to show an Historia's anxious and resigned look because her former comrades are coming and they will soon know that she betrayed them. Or if an Historia's look hoping and feeling anxious that her comrades are coming to save them too late and so she is just playing the good girl going along with daddy plans in order to buy informations & time.

Thanks for replies !

If the father you want to believe in calls your comrades "enemy", how would you feel? Disappointed, taken aback, doubting, inquisitive?

On another note, did anyone notice how Rod phased out a couple of times during the last two chapters? Like he suddenly loses train of thought and stares blankly?

Also, that uncle didn't have his hands (palms) wrapped like Eren's. I might be overthinking this, but I see what I see -_-;
Dec 8, 2014 1:27 PM

Mar 2014
Edvokiya said:

Thanks for replies !

I'm also puzzled about this or at Historia's attitude in general; Rod has clearly told her something that seemed like she will follow her dad. But if she doesn't really know about the serum, nor about Frieda power (before Rod explained now), or what Eren has remembered, what exactly could made her either change her mind ("we were wrong!") or making it a bluff? Why she said that they haven't had other choices, while ignoring other things?

About the panel itself it's hard to say, the drop might indicate that she's still hesitating toward Eren, as she's directly looking to him,before thinking the other comrades? What I also don't understand is this panel:

At a very first glance it seemed to me like she was somehow angry, but that shouldn't really be the case... it should be more like an anxious expression...
Dec 8, 2014 1:30 PM

Aug 2010
KenniSenpai said:

( This is random, throwing it out there. Assuming Mikasa got the Ackerman bloodline from her Asian mother - why didn't her mother gain complete control and kill all those guys if not one? )

We can't be for certain Ackerman Clan is the one who can remember, but if they could remember Mikasa's mom should have been training her. Kenny knew about Levi Ackerman and trained him, even though we don't know the full details it's "safe" to assume Kenny knew about the Ackerman's?

Mikasa had headaches as a kid during the fall like Eren has now when he thinks too hard on a memory. Eren's dad had to sneak Eren out into the forest, Mikasa was there. Either she's not saying anything or she doesn't remember. But how was her memory wiped if Freida had already died? How did they even do the memory wipe?

Mikasa's dad was the Ackerman I recall, while her mom was the Oriental
Dec 8, 2014 2:04 PM

May 2011
It looks that all the secrets will remain secrets :D Mikasa won't let Eren get eaten.
Dec 8, 2014 4:09 PM

Mar 2011
Iceblink said:

I'm also puzzled about this or at Historia's attitude in general; Rod has clearly told her something that seemed like she will follow her dad. But if she doesn't really know about the serum, nor about Frieda power (before Rod explained now), or what Eren has remembered, what exactly could made her either change her mind ("we were wrong!") or making it a bluff? Why she said that they haven't had other choices, while ignoring other things?

About the panel itself it's hard to say, the drop might indicate that she's still hesitating toward Eren, as she's directly looking to him,before thinking the other comrades? What I also don't understand is this panel:

At a very first glance it seemed to me like she was somehow angry, but that shouldn't really be the case... it should be more like an anxious expression...

Thank you for your reply and to have expressed your own thought about this panel and Historia's attitude ! I agree, I'm too still wondering what her father said to her before Eren woke up in the cave to make her turn so easily an eye about what happened before !

The panel you talk about caught my attention too, the drop of sweat and what she said, I thought she tried to figure out something...
I will check, since the entrance in the chapelle, all Historia reactions, and inner thought, maybe I forgot something interesting !

zellami said:

If the father you want to believe in calls your comrades "enemy", how would you feel? Disappointed, taken aback, doubting, inquisitive?

On another note, did anyone notice how Rod phased out a couple of times during the last two chapters? Like he suddenly loses train of thought and stares blankly?

Also, that uncle didn't have his hands (palms) wrapped like Eren's. I might be overthinking this, but I see what I see -_-;

I already stated in my post what I think about this panel I just wanted to get other readers opinion since I'm still reflecting on it, don't hesitate to give yours of course !

Yes, the blank after talking about Frieda eating his brother is interesting, I think maybe it is because of how Frieda looked so "dead soul" after her experience (and maybe it links to something he know and still didn't spilled) ? Or maybe his conscience is confuse too ? Which explain some incoherences in his attitude.

About the uncle, nice catch really !
I don't understand why they chained the uncle, if he was willingly letting Frieda to eat him to transmit the memories as a Reiss duty.
And if he wasn't, and they chained him to prevent him running away or turning into a Titan, then why didn't they wrapped his hands (like you pointed) and muffled his mouth like Eren...
EdvokiyaDec 8, 2014 4:12 PM

Dec 8, 2014 9:31 PM

Oct 2014
KenniSenpai said:

I forgot where and when I came across that theory but it has holes, but interesting non the less.

It has never malfunctioned from Keith said ( Ilse gear didn't work either, she threw hers away. Jean's gear was busted once too. )

Mikasa has a shock looked, she can't believe he's doing it. But it's also disappointment in her eyes, she just said last night she wanted Eren to give up
this pipe dream.

The Ackerman's are unaffected by this memory wipe ( In all honesty, we're assuming that. ) The perfect way to cancel out a theory of time travel or a parallel universe is simple. Make it a memory alternation instead.

We can't ignore this - in the manga, short hair Mikasa say's "See you later, Eren."
Something happen, he dreams of him mom being aten alive. If this is a result to a pure memory wipe and NOT time travel, someone must be telling the story - or like Eren, someone got Eren's memories.

Even during when he was looking back into his dad's memories and Freida's they made it seem as if someone else was there. We should see the memories of Eren's dad and Freida in a first person view, not a third person. This could be dismissed by the author simply wanting to show us the characters.

Okay...that makes sense actually ..Hope Isayama doesn't introduce any time travel though..Would ruin the series for me
Dec 8, 2014 9:36 PM

Oct 2014
MC117 said:
Another cliffhanger, noooo! if it was a weekly manga I wouldn't mind but we have to wait another month, I hope this arc will be over soon and damn it it seems like historia will probably live, she has become so annoying lately, I wish she would die and her dad is probably lying...
But I hope historia is not really planning to betray eren and the others.

Just came up with a cool way to end this arc..Levi and squad reach Historia and Papa Reiss ..They manage to subdue Kenny and Papa Reiss and threaten them with death..They think they're saving Historia and that she's still on their side..But Historia gets pissed off and attacks a member of the 104th squad with the titan syringe..And they become a mindless titan which ends up killing Historia and Papa Reiss but is regrettably killed by Levi and Co before it kills them..In one blow,Historia and Papa Reiss die,Eren is saved and Kenny is the only one left to give the answers..So we'll still be left with more questions than answers(which is how Isayama likes to end his chapters lol)
Dec 8, 2014 10:24 PM

Aug 2008
Great action scene. I wonder what is the truth that they decided to keep it secret rather than revealing it.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 8, 2014 10:45 PM

Jul 2013
Nothing like a little 3DMG action. Levi's new Special Operations squad kicking some ass! Hope Hanji is okay.

Rod is clearly hiding shit, even Historia noticed that. Thank god she's not completely thick. Also Kenny crashes the party.

Great chapter.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Dec 9, 2014 3:27 AM

May 2013
The actions in this chapter is so awesome. It felt like the whole Levi Squad is so BA. Man, I hope Hange is not yet dead!

Great plot twist but there's still a lot of questions but I don't mind that Isayama-sensei is answering the questions slowly but surely because I feel that something big will happen soon.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 9, 2014 3:59 AM

Mar 2014
Levi's squad is one of the toughest one you can fought with . On the other side, That captain of the anti-squad makes a good combatant too.
Some revelations ~ .. like the Reiss family has a tradition of one member being the "Living Book of the World" in every generations for the past 100 years of salvation . This chosen one has the power to freely choose what "path" he/she would take as the person who inherited the will of the first king . And so , the "will" was passed down to eren who was now entrusted with the fate of mankind itself .. but perhaps he is not the one , according to the man who told us these revelations . By the way , a villain again, wants to die for power at the moment .
Pretty Good Chapter !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2014 4:12 AM

Dec 2012
Zapredon said:
Great action scene. I wonder what is the truth that they decided to keep it secret rather than revealing it.

If Pastor Nick is to be trusted, then the Reiss person, who eats the history, should know why there are titans in the Walls, what are they (shifters, others?), and why they were sacrificed for the escaping humanity's survival. Bonus track - who created the titans such that they prey on humans and why.
Dec 9, 2014 4:29 AM

Oct 2014
Omg don't hurt my Hange! >_< I really hope she'll be fine!

Lol Kenny's plan, gotta laugh at that x)
Dec 9, 2014 5:38 AM
Dec 2014
fathertime said:
KenniSenpai said:

this pipe dream.

Okay...that makes sense actually ..Hope Isayama doesn't introduce any time travel though..Would ruin the series for me

I'm not going to lie I'm a huge fan of time travel, I read a lot of different stories about it. Some stories go along with how AoT is doing it, if it's not time travel my 2nd theory is parallel universe. Time-line 1 & 2, it just don't make sense he was watching his mother being killed.

Then it felt like a long dream but he can't remember, Ymir was a mindless titan for 60 years. I feel like we're suppose to make a connection there but I don't have enough info yet. I do have random guesses.
Dec 9, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
Edvokiya said:

The way I interpreted it was pretty simple.

She's in the middle of trying to figure things out about the entire situation. She wants to believe in her dad, but yet has unresolved questions.
Before she even has time to fully decide, she might have to face her comrades knowing full well what they are capable of.

Don't forget there's Levi who strong-armed her into accepting the throne some chapters ago. Also, she's got Eren all tied up like that- the Mikasa ain't gonna be happy.
Dec 9, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
Really good chapter. Next month cannot come soon enough. We need more!
Dec 9, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2012
I hope Hange's okay. She hit that pillar and fell pretty hard o__o

Looks like Kenny was planning on eating Eren himself? This got a bit more interesting.

The animation for these scenes is gonna be epic!
Dec 9, 2014 5:57 PM

Mar 2011
ramenshojo said:

She's in the middle of trying to figure things out about the entire situation. She wants to believe in her dad, but yet has unresolved questions.
Before she even has time to fully decide, she might have to face her comrades knowing full well what they are capable of.

Don't forget there's Levi who strong-armed her into accepting the throne some chapters ago. Also, she's got Eren all tied up like that- the Mikasa ain't gonna be happy.

Thanks for your reply :) I guess next chapter will let us know what Historia really believe in, because for now it's so vague.

Another question popped in my mind : if only a Reiss can be the real owner and displayer of the power and world's memories, why Rod needs Historia in the first place, to be the next holder ? Why not to turn himself into a Titan and took the power himself since he is supposed to be a Reiss ?

Is it because he is afraid of learning what sort of memories was so heavy to bear to make no one talk about it ? Or maybe he is not a Reiss, but an impostor too ?

There is really too much fishy details, more and more I rethink about all of it.

Dec 9, 2014 6:09 PM
Oct 2014
Edvokiya said:
ramenshojo said:

Thanks for your reply :) I guess next chapter will let us know what Historia really believe in, because for now it's so vague.

Another question popped in my mind : if only a Reiss can be the real owner and displayer of the power and world's memories, why Rod needs Historia in the first place, to be the next holder ? Why not to turn himself into a Titan and took the power himself since he is supposed to be a Reiss ?

Is it because he is afraid of learning what sort of memories was so heavy to bear to make no one talk about it ? Or maybe he is not a Reiss, but an impostor too ?

There is really too much fishy details, more and more I rethink about all of it.

I don't think it really has anything to do with the Reiss family being royal or whatever. I just think only a Titan can access the full memories and powers currently in Eren's possession, and Rod knows that he'll never have Eren under his control, therefore, since Historia is his daughter and she - somewhat - seems to trust him, he wants her to eat him and get the power because he can control HER and HER knowledge, but not if Eren has it. And he's not a Titan himself, therefore eating Eren would be of absolutely no use to him except if he absolutely want to have bad breath. lol.

But again, that's just one of my many theories. :P
Dec 10, 2014 4:53 AM
Jul 2014
My theory is that Eren's father belonged to a bloodline that was spared from the brain modification and saved the truth of the titans. That could be the secret which is in Eren's basement.
And I think that Eren actually belongs to the Reiss family. Maybe his father isn't his real father or his mother was a Reiss. Then the problem would be solved and Eren doesn't have to get eaten any more. It's very unlikely that he'll die (yet).
Dec 10, 2014 8:57 AM
Oct 2014
I think Kenny is the Gorilla titan himself. In the last panel he said something like, "Even if I turned into a titan and ate Eren, it'll be all for nothing?". Not only this, actually they almost share the same features like both have long hair and long beards and both of them (almost) talk a lot!
Dec 10, 2014 5:58 PM

Nov 2012
Raiden_Ryo said:
I think Kenny is the Gorilla titan himself. In the last panel he said something like, "Even if I turned into a titan and ate Eren, it'll be all for nothing?". Not only this, actually they almost share the same features like both have long hair and long beards and both of them (almost) talk a lot!

Other than the appearance thing, that's what I was saying a few pages back, in this forum.
Guess no one appreciates my theories
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Dec 10, 2014 6:03 PM
Dec 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Papa Reiss is lying through his fuckin teeth. They had the power before Frieda and they never tried to end the threat of Titans.

Maybe, maybe not. Consider this though. From what we know, Titans come from humans. We also know of a medium that allows this to intentionally manifest (serum). We also know that within the walls (literal) is an army of tens if not hundreds of thousands of colossal type titans. And from previous chapters, we also found out that there are titan shifters living outside the walls, and for some reason, these very powerful individuals are afraid for the "future" of not only humanity, but also the world (as when Reiner asked, I think, Ymir if "this world has a future", I dont think he is just referring to the world inside the walls but the whole world in general).

What if humans becoming titans was something done intentionally to combat a threat that was far worse (the result being the original titan shifters) and the mindless titans were just the results of a mutation from the serum (someone not meant to get the serum got injected or someone accidentally dropped a bottle in the town drinking water. OOPS!) This is possible since if the serum was meant to transform somebody's DNA, as it does, there should be an original DNA sample that was modified. So quite possibly the original titan shifters were from the same family since families share the same DNA(coming back to bloodlines).

Back to my original theory, say there is a threat that is far a greater than the titans themselves lurking somewhere outside the walls, and the only deterrent to that threat (if not to stop but to stall) coming to end all of humanity is the rampaging of the titans outside, then there is great reason for the Reiss family to do nothing about those titans. I mean if the first wielder of that power managed to enslave all of those colossal types and forced them to become the walls, how easily would it have been for him to slaughter all the remaining titans? If not, make them all stone?

Also Reiner and Bertholt refer to their clan (original shifters"?") as warriors, which means that that their clan is fighting something (the "threat"?) outside the walls.

I think, there is far more to the royal family than meets the eye. Possibly a plan that has been under works for centuries is at play, passed down from through the memories of the previous holder of the power.

Meh, but it could also just be me trying to give papa Reiss more credit than hes worth :p
rokc426Dec 10, 2014 6:09 PM
Dec 10, 2014 6:18 PM

Dec 2014
My theory on the titans existence and the transition of powers.
Well we all know powers get transferred through eating those with it.
Like that one time with Reiner and Berthold flashbacked with Ymir eating his 3rd brother. So even normal titans can change back. So titans must be all former humans. And when Erin says when he rampaged he's in a dream like state almost. So titans must be the embodiment of memory and the Reiss family had some type of geneology that allows them to tap the memories of titans fully.

This isnt even all that I grasped from this "Titan" theory, but dang this chapter just managed to twist my curiosity.
Dec 10, 2014 10:58 PM

Oct 2014
Maybe Titans might be human made and Reiss family had something to do with it therefore they won't reveal secrets about Titans and outside world because it would put them in danger.
Dec 11, 2014 7:40 AM
Aug 2013
Raiden_Ryo said:

But he didn't know about the 3D gear?

That fucker has no face expressions! He's like a robot programed to like you.
Dec 11, 2014 9:51 AM

Oct 2011
Nice action filled chapter, can't wait to see this fight animated. And Rod is a goner next chapter. I love how we're getting more questions with some answers sprinkled on top!
Dec 11, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2013
Dzeraph said:
Raiden_Ryo said:

i think kenny's not even a titan, and surely not ape, because the know/don't know the exact opposite things. ape titans surely knows the mysteries (more or less) about the titans and kenny knows the mechanics of the 3DMG.

learning that ape-sama isn't grisha, kenny or "the king" makes me think that he really isn't someone we meet until know (in human form), but i sill think he's a shifter and not a original (non-human) titan
Tuturu~
Dec 11, 2014 7:01 PM

Jun 2012
eh?
Dec 11, 2014 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
mandroid said:
Dzeraph said:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

i think kenny's not even a titan, and surely not ape, because the know/don't know the exact opposite things. ape titans surely knows the mysteries (more or less) about the titans and kenny knows the mechanics of the 3DMG.

learning that ape-sama isn't grisha, kenny or "the king" makes me think that he really isn't someone we meet until know (in human form), but i sill think he's a shifter and not a original (non-human) titan

That is, Kenny is familiar with the 3DMG, while the Beast Titan wasn't. Kenny isn't familiar with titans x shifter mechanics, while the Beast Titan surely is. So, Kenny cannot be the Beast Titan.

For what is worth, if the Beast Titan was in the cave under the church, he'd be more interested in Eren and the Coordinator, than becoming a king (which Kenny aspires).

Additionally, if the Beast Titan is a shifter, he is a completely new character. We saw him as a titan, but if he has a human form, this form isn't the form of any human we have seen so far in the story. Why? Because all potential candidates for the human form of the Beast Titan can be rejected as of now - Kenny apparently isn't, Grisha wasn't, the fake king wasn't, and the real king (Rod) probably isn't.

It's the fake uncle's youngest brother, who was Carla's grand-, grandfather, coming from her mother's side bloodline! (:D, joke)

Yet, Kera believes he is a shifter, who has a proper human form - not like those titans outside the Walls, who might be a different sort altogether.

Given Ymir's story, it might be possible.
Dec 11, 2014 11:31 PM

Oct 2010
This chapter was SICK! Loving every moment of it. All that action, bits of revelation...

Rod might very well be telling the truth, or might very well be lying his daughter off to the max. The reason Eren can't get hard (hm!) might very well because he's not a Reiss. Or he can very well be a Reiss, proven by his self-awakened titan control ability. He might very well only need a 'trigger', just like what Rod and Historia did to made him remember his father's action and so on.

Interesting, interesting. I smell heavier determination from Historia. Or.. was that hesitation? Her being unable to bear the fact that she'd be queen someday and all... Oh, so hard to place.

And if Kenny's dream does consist of hope in the form of him being a titan to bring peace to the world... it'd be kinda... hmmm. It's like all those bloodbath happened because two men were trying to achieve the same objective with different means, and ultimately failed to communicate their ideas well and find common ground. Hope it doesn't turn out that way.

Interesting, interesting, I smell Kenny's gonna ruin the whole thing as he realized his plan wouldn't bear any fruit.

I have high expectations on the upcoming chapters, especially remembering that Erwin's men will come blasting the walls soon as well.
Dec 12, 2014 5:31 PM
Apr 2013
This chapter was really confusing for me when all the plot twists started going down.

For one, what exactly is hidden in the basement? It wouldn't be books containing the "memory of the world" because there was no way for Grisha to take the power, write a bunch of books containing the entire history of the world, lock it up in his basement in his home that was already destroyed, and be eaten by Eren all in the span of 1 night.

What also struck me as weird was when Rod was proselytizing Historia, Grisha's voice overlapped with his and says "Vengeance for your mother! You'll be the one who takes it!!". That must mean that Grisha knew the Reiss family had the power to destroy all titans but for whatever reason chose not use it, but how did he learn that information? Grisha wasn't a titan shifter himself before the fall of Wall Maria, so how did he know the Reiss had titan shifters? How did he even know that you could eat other titans and gain their power?

I think, the group Reiner and Annie belong to are the ones that developed the serum to turn people into titans. Probably, the Reiss family belongs to this group of people, which is why Ymir says they find Eren's power and Historia valuable. I think the ape titan, like Ymir, also stole the titan power from these people many years ago. I think the ape titan (in his human form) and Grisha knew each other, and this is how Grisha got his hands on the serum. Then everything started going down in the start of the series as Reiner and Bertholdt were told to go look for the ape titan, and only later did they find out that Grisha ate Freida, so their objective now was also to track down whoever had Freida's power.
Dec 13, 2014 1:32 PM

Sep 2013
People really need to stop trying to find someone we know at this point to be the Ape. Hes so painfully obviously somebody we dont yet know.

And how the hell did some of you ever doubt Hanji's femininity? I get that some characters can appear as either gender but she was always apparent as a woman.

As you all said, Rod is either lying about everything or completely honest. The honesty route is way frightening as that means the use of the Coordinate power is the harbinger to something far worse than living like animals inside a cage in constant fear of the Titans. I cant begin to imagine what that could be so for now Ill say Rods a dirty liar. But whatd be the point of lying? Get Historia and the Coordinate on his side? I cant imagine he cares for Historia and he seemed to live comfortably despite never using the Coordinate.

And then we have the fact that Eren seemed to use the Coordinate just fine as he sicced those regular Titans on both Shifters and the Titan that ate his mother. Wait but how did Rod even figure out that the culprit was Grisha and that Eren was the son of Grisha? That implies familiarity with Grisha and then Eren's using the Coordinate implies that perhaps Carla was in fact a Reiss... But Eren shouldve at least known his mothers maiden name... She couldve abandoned her name and succession rights in favor of a normal life, I suppose.
Potpourri said:
I think, the group Reiner and Annie belong to are the ones that developed the serum to turn people into titans. Probably, the Reiss family belongs to this group of people, which is why Ymir says they find Eren's power and Historia valuable. I think the ape titan, like Ymir, also stole the titan power from these people many years ago. I think the ape titan (in his human form) and Grisha knew each other, and this is how Grisha got his hands on the serum. Then everything started going down in the start of the series as Reiner and Bertholdt were told to go look for the ape titan, and only later did they find out that Grisha ate Freida, so their objective now was also to track down whoever had Freida's power.

The Ape cant be anybody from within the Walls. The Ape didnt even know of the 3DG, which, if memory serves, is fairly new, for a weapon. But thats overshadowed by the Ape's uncertainty if humanity inside the Walls still spoke the same language as he, which implies a centuries-long gap since he last visited.
Dec 14, 2014 2:08 PM

Dec 2010
The level of epicness this chapter brought is epic. EPIC. Love this manga. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

Dec 15, 2014 8:40 AM

Aug 2012
I don't even understand this manga anymore.
Lost interest after it went from titans to military subterfuge.
Dec 15, 2014 6:02 PM
Dec 2014
Say Rod was telling the truth: Why didn't you just stop the titans long ago? Why give the powers
to children? This was going on for years? Before or after the rich came over the waters to find the walls?

See. This is what the fuck honestly, we still have part in the manga the author put explaining the past how
the humans found it. So the Ressis's deleted that memory I'm assuming? This titan suddenly came and made the walls
in front the humans? So did the author mess up or is the Rod lying?

If they (Ressis Family) have to take a shot, is it really a bloodline thing? I feel like it's not a royal bloodline thing like they make it appear,it's not like everyone can turn into a titan or just eat each other for the power. Only one person per generation, it's more of a: "We found or invented this titan medicine, and we won't share it with anyone."
Dec 16, 2014 5:17 PM
May 2012
writtenonclouds said:
I don't even understand this manga anymore.
Lost interest after it went from titans to military subterfuge.

I'm not following the story either anymore. This is the worst way to explan the mysteries. Last 10 chapters have been only slow talking to use more chapters.

So boring.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

8 by deg »»
May 4, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 3, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.