Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 14, 2014 3:19 AM

Jan 2009
1. i can't believe they did it... a bro and sis did it... x_x

2. i have respect for this series... for a show to go this far... the producers got guts
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 21, 2014 7:14 AM

Oct 2010
This was probably one of the most uncomfortable moments I have ever experienced with anime. And one of the most emotionally rewarding as well.

I'm really looking forward to the last episode of this gem. If it ends on a satisfying note, I can count this show among my favorites.
Feb 25, 2014 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
Subarishi. Kanpeki.

Mind blown, did EVERYTHING perfectly. This is like the Intellectual and Elite version of Ore no Imouto, which it certainly influenced. However Chidori is a vastly superior version of Manami, and here the main characters actually have guts to stand by their feelings even without having a firm plan to solve the inevitable problems.

Also heavy NHK vibes here, and there is no higher compliment than being compared to the GOAT. The dirty room, Neet lifestyle, badgered clothing and unshaven/unkempt appearance, awkward venture into reality as depicted in the supermarket. Chidori is also comparable to Hitomi "Senpai" in terms of getting in Nanoko's way with her elderly acquaintance vibe, much like Hitomi "Senpai" was a barrier for Misaki.

Omigoto my precious Koi Kaze.
SlickDFeb 25, 2014 12:38 PM
Jun 24, 2014 11:05 PM

Jun 2013
I don't even...
I mean I have a 2 year younger sister. Makes me wonder if stuff like this could really happen if you don't normally grow together with your siblings and have the "family love" (WTF is it anyway? How is it any different from other types of love?) and morals slowly pushed into your mind. Which causes most siblings to grow distant after they become teenagers (just like my sis and I).
Nov 16, 2014 10:32 PM

Sep 2014
I really grew to like Chidori even more, kinda wished she tried harder and not gave up so easily. At the same time it somehow made me dislike Koshiro even more, until then I didn't really hate him or anything, but in this episode I just thought he's pathetic and nothing more.
Dec 14, 2014 7:10 PM

Sep 2014
did not expect it, thought he would go with the lie and end it right there. just wow.
Jan 17, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
Wow they actually had sex. :O

This show is like a serious version of OreImo and the scene when Chidori confronted Nanako reminded me of last episode of that show. So Chidori is like Manami like Dragon said. I liked Chidori.

Last episode here I come!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Nov 4, 2015 11:12 PM

Nov 2014
stAtic91 said:
Everything feels so wrong... :/
Because it is..

Jan 6, 2016 5:55 PM

Jun 2015
Oh well I didn't expect this turn. Until this moment the series was just good, but in this episode I felt rather uneasy.
I guess that is one of the most possible reactions coming from this topic, but at the same time you can't portray it better if it goes in this direction, because the problem will always lay in its same essence.

Let's see the last episode, I have low expectations for that one since it is most likely about disapproval reactions.
Apr 16, 2016 4:01 AM

Sep 2010
I almost cried when Nanoka spoke about her feelings. Only thing that bothers me about their relationship is the age difference. I just think if they love eachother, what are other people to tell them to feel anything else?
Apr 16, 2016 9:14 AM

Jun 2013
I have a moral question now: love should overcome any barrier? Incest in the animal world is the same human being? He, who is older, was inconsequential?
Aug 17, 2016 6:41 PM

Feb 2014
Didn't expect the sex, glad the show went there.
Sep 18, 2016 12:47 PM
Jun 2010
This show isn't pulling any punches, I see.

While objectively, beside having children, siblings being together shouldn't really be any problem at all. Nonetheless, the last scene was tremendously uncomfortable to watch. I guess she's supposed to be 16, but she looks like she's 12-14 or thereabouts. So visually the scene reads like Koshiro is abusing her. Incidentally, that was what Chidori was originally worried about, for good reason... You know, cause that's what vast majority of these kinds of relationships are.

You can't really have a healthy relationship without both participants being equally mentally developed. That being said, Nanako seems to be quite mature, if idealistic, so perhaps this working out wouldn't be totally out of bounds.
Nov 5, 2016 2:30 PM
Dec 2014
So many of you getting 'disturbed' like, what did you think was going to happen?
Jan 18, 2017 8:55 AM
May 2009
Orange-kun from this episode has taken the lead from Table-kun of Code Geass in my list of inanimate anime characters I'm envious of.
Nov 26, 2017 8:06 PM
Jan 2016
I got boner after this episode, is it okay?
Dec 6, 2017 6:11 AM
Jan 2017
This episode was depressing af.
Mar 18, 2018 6:28 PM

May 2010
So they really went there huh... Kiss and starting a relationship is one thing, but going all the way the very same day?! She's just a teenager, it's not the healthy way to start up for her... Dunno what to think about it, honestly. I still think that Koshiro ought to know better than that.
Sep 30, 2018 7:21 PM
Nov 2013
I think it would've been better off just skipping over any potential on screen sexual relations between the two of them. I understand it's to convey the seriousness of the situation, but still. If anyone wasn't uncomfortable up to that point, that'll do it.
Nov 15, 2018 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
Don't try this at home, Kids! But yeah, very intense.
May 17, 2019 10:21 PM
Apr 2018
They really went for it. Those two might be in love but still, everyone, every scene feels so miserable, unsettling. I keep thinking both Nanoka and Koushirou will never be happy (especially him).

I don't mind the incest part but the fact that she is a minor and he doesn't seem suitable to be a relationship.
Sep 27, 2019 2:08 PM

Jan 2016
Didn't expect them to fuck.. but.

THEY FUUUCCKKED.

I mean, if you're gunna make an anime like this might as well go all the way right?
Jan 16, 2020 10:01 AM

Aug 2017
This is the most realistic incest show I've seen. MC sucks, he blew the opportunity to get together with hot babe boss. MC should perish
Feb 12, 2021 7:57 PM

Dec 2019
I'm glad this didn't have either explicit sex nor horribly annoying characters. I'm very glad.
Oct 18, 2021 3:14 AM

Jan 2021
I'm confused, really don't know what to say. No, actually I want to say this is the first episode that I don't like (most likely because they did it), but at the same time I felt it was a very emotional and powerful episode, and a kind of "end" of all those feelings and inner conflicts.

I didn't expect them to get to the point where they kiss and even have sex but strangely I don't feel weird or disgusted... don't know why even though I've never supported incestious love but maybe because this all feels so natural (starting with them who didn't know that they are siblings, there are more and more inner conflicts and problems while the feeling of love between man and woman continues to grow inside) that at the moment when Nanoka said that to Koushirou, it became the "peak" of the feelings the two of them had been holding back for so long.

Oh and I like Koushirou's response to Chidori about himself and his miserable life. I think the ones who have the right to determine whether his (and Nanoka's) life is miserable should be themselves, not someone else.
hanakocheeksOct 18, 2021 4:12 AM

Jan 6, 2022 8:43 PM
Aug 2018
Sad, i am sad, all im feeling is melancholy its like they just did an adrenaline rush with no future planing ig peace before calm , really feel like sighing out loud rn lets see how they gonna end it :')
Mar 17, 2022 11:54 AM

Jun 2020
OOOh! The trigger pumped us to the peak as expected after all!.... Yet that freaky essence of this episode has the settling tone which is so beautiful to experience.

PS: The OST of this series is amazing!

icanhazqnime said:
Don't try this at home, Kids! But yeah, very intense.

xDxDxD
RKASHYAP621Mar 17, 2022 12:00 PM
Jun 2, 2022 10:33 AM

Nov 2018
Girl just needed a mature male adult in her life, because she grew up without a father and her father is not really doing anything even now.
Boy just wanted something geniune(BUT NOT WITH YOUR SISTER, DAMN IT).

Because 2 of them grew up apart, their sibling bond was pretty weak so they were missing that connection and somehow fell in love before they acknowledged they were siblings, but still had chances to make it a normal connection, unfortunately both of them failed...
I hate everyone equally
Jun 2, 2022 10:34 AM

Nov 2018
All in all, they are both extremely immature and Chidori was right.

Well done on psychological part(for most part).
I hate everyone equally
Jun 13, 2022 6:14 AM

Dec 2009
Well, I thought I'd feel happy if they got together, but it doesn't feel right. A relationship that can only lead to misery. And both of them know that damn well. Even if not now but they will feel so much pressure that they cannot reveal their relationship or need to give up everything and break away from their loved ones. I guess that may be still manageable, but they will never be able to have a family of their own. Can people lead a life like that? Is it completely wrong? And the stress that their secret might be revealed somehow. Can they lead a normal life and be part of society, or will they just go into hiding?
Aug 26, 2022 2:25 AM
WIRED Network

Mar 2021
Honestly, I didn't see that coming. Only 1 more episode to go...
Jan 9, 2023 4:03 AM

May 2018
My reaction to this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4WO0mirjlQ

Feb 27, 2023 4:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This can only end terribly for both of them. Chidori to the very end tries to talk reason into them, but to no avail. Lines were crossed and there's no turning back
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 19, 2023 2:49 AM

Dec 2013
This made me cry loudly huhuhu Koshiro was provided with an excuse to avoid her damn Chidori is a nice woman, she's really concern with both of them huhu 

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Dec 2022
Nanoka fared much better against Chidori's aggression than Souchirou did, mainly because she seems to be stronger willed than him. Since Chidori's verbal attacks are specifically engineered for psychological and emotional effect (which are less effective against the mentally resilient), Chidori found them wanting in this situation. I find it fun to analyse these interactions like they're elemental types in a video game.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» That scene surprised me...

KietaTeenRomance - Apr 12

0 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Apr 12, 7:25 PM

» What were your problems with Koi Kaze?

removed-user - Nov 20, 2016

16 by zharth »»
Oct 21, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kisami - Jan 25, 2009

183 by oyabuntaro »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:25 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rreggiebryant1 - Sep 1, 2009

57 by MrYandereFan26 »»
Aug 16, 2023 4:37 AM

» Should I watch Koi Kaze's English dub or Japanese original?

SigTheSauceMan - Mar 8, 2018

4 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.