Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 13, 2009 7:27 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Suou kicking the pole was the best reaction of the episode.

Indeed, good to see the brighter side of Hei back....and Suou acting less like a contractor...

So will it turn out to be a loli harem?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 13, 2009 7:27 PM

Nov 2007
lmao at last scene, is a cat fight between Yin and Suou going to ensue xD? But man ... Hei with no powers =/
Nov 13, 2009 7:51 PM

Feb 2009
One of the less good episodes yet. That Norio crying scene just felt disturbingly silly. Also, Suou kicked Yin => Suou must die. -.-
Nov 13, 2009 7:56 PM
Feb 2009
the fight between genma and hei made me lol quite a bit.
like every1 else, i was "how can yin possibly kill michiru? wasnt she just a doll?" o.O
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 13, 2009 8:13 PM
Nov 2009
big twist in the plot, its finally heating up!
Nov 13, 2009 8:33 PM

Feb 2009
semtex said:
I find it weird that Suou "loves" him, I feel she sees him more as a maternal parent than romantic interest. She feels somehow in her heart,unconsciously, the need of some kind of family atmosphere with July, Mao and Hei.
Now we need only some proof that it was not Hei who killed her father so she wont kill him in the end (probably wont happen).

And yes Yin as well, it's more of the same thing with Suou for Hei. Hei sees her as someone to protect, a part of the old family. Hei, Yin, Mao and Huang. It might be me, but pairings of romance love is kinda off in a show like this, then it might just be me who feels that way.

HeiXSuou may be just family or puppy love but HeiXYin... the OVA preview suggests otherwise (some people have posted a link for it several times in this thread).
Nov 13, 2009 8:56 PM

Apr 2009
LenaleeMelodee said:
What's the name of the insert song that is playing when they're in that house?

THIS THIS THIS
Nov 13, 2009 9:23 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, best episode of the season. YIN!!!

Anyways, I'm guessing Norio is eliminated from the story? I mean, his mom is gone and Hei is going to Tokyo so...

Also, how come all the lolis like Hei? Only one who is not a loli that likes Hei is Kirihara, lol.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 13, 2009 9:29 PM
Jul 2009
Yin! Yay! and Hei didn't let her die! sad that he couldn't see her specter.... but still!

And Hei cooking again :DDD
Nov 13, 2009 9:54 PM

Oct 2009
GarLogan78 said:

You just made my week. Is this advertising the OVA episodes or the main series?

It's a short OVA trailer...
mrSmiles said:
i feel like this season is going by quickly, only six more episodes before its over, anyways as for this episode what i liked most was Suou kicking the light post where Yin's observation ghost appeared from jealousy maybe? im kind of nervous to see what kind of an end they will give us, happy ending? sad ending? open ended? >.<

I vote for an open ending, so we couldl have a DtB Season 3 *dreaming*

I'm starting to dislike Misaki, she set trap to capture Hei. Why didn't she know that the metal guy could have killed Hei instead? Hm, HeixYin or HeiXSuou is fine, I just don't support HeiXMisaki anymore.
Nov 13, 2009 9:59 PM

Jul 2009
kittybell said:
semtex said:
I find it weird that Suou "loves" him, I feel she sees him more as a maternal parent than romantic interest. She feels somehow in her heart,unconsciously, the need of some kind of family atmosphere with July, Mao and Hei.
Now we need only some proof that it was not Hei who killed her father so she wont kill him in the end (probably wont happen).

And yes Yin as well, it's more of the same thing with Suou for Hei. Hei sees her as someone to protect, a part of the old family. Hei, Yin, Mao and Huang. It might be me, but pairings of romance love is kinda off in a show like this, then it might just be me who feels that way.

HeiXSuou may be just family or puppy love but HeiXYin... the OVA preview suggests otherwise (some people have posted a link for it several times in this thread).

Perhaps, but I interpret them being more than friends and not lovers. I can see them holding hands and hugging, being together at the beach, but don't family and friends do that?

Someone like Yin need a hand to hold so she can cope with the hectic, stressful world?

Yin is a doll, though not completely helpless she relies on Hei. And I feel Hei feels the same way, it is hard to explain my thoughts, its more like Hei feels he has an obligation to help her, like Mao, out of kindness (family).

I am content with their relationship as it is, them being lovers is kinda out of place. Again I am not denying they are intimate, just not in the romance way most viewers seem to imply.
Nov 13, 2009 10:09 PM

Apr 2008
What a fantastic episode. Amazinggggg.

Idk why but I kinda have a feeling Misaki is going to die in the end. I hope not.
Nov 13, 2009 10:27 PM

May 2009
Yin..Yin..Yin!!!! I missed you!
Glad your back, and I hope to see Hei get his abilities back.
I can't wait to see Yin rescued, and it's awesome that Hei is recovering.

Seriously...every time I see Suou, the more attached I get to her.

Sweet episode imo.

Hei unable to see Yin's observation ghost, because he isn't a contractor anymore?
iiSatouNov 13, 2009 10:32 PM
Nov 13, 2009 10:56 PM

Oct 2009
guyklc said:

Anyways, I'm guessing Norio is eliminated from the story? I mean, his mom is gone and Hei is going to Tokyo so...

I would hope Nori gets some crazy power of a contractor with his emotional discharge of losing his mom.
rainji1234 said:

I vote for an open ending, so we couldl have a DtB Season 3 *dreaming*

I hope for that too.
blackkomodo said:
SAVE YIN!!!! and it looks like she's evolving past a doll or something, if she can counter a contractor. if they kill yin in the end i will NEVER FORGIVE THEM. EVER

I would not forgive them for something like this. It would make season 3 not possible.
francismeunierNov 13, 2009 11:04 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 13, 2009 11:12 PM
Jul 2008
It is getting good with only 6 more eps to go.

As all those mentioned above, the "love" between them seems to be like family love, I mean look at what they all went through in S1. Hei even stayed behind with Huang and Yin, his "partners". Add July to that. It's like a "Hell's gate incident survivors group". Heck Hei's the only one left from the heaven's gate event, I really hope Hei gets his contractor powers back, or at least his knife so that he can fight.
Nov 13, 2009 11:16 PM

Dec 2008
Crimsonwill said:
lmao at last scene, is a cat fight between Yin and Suou going to ensue xD? But man ... Hei with no powers =/

That would be hilarious. xD
reckoner, forget about your house of cars. | me love radiohead
-> art by kaninnvven @ dA
Nov 13, 2009 11:42 PM

May 2009
Love? Ehhh, as cute as Hei x Yin is I have to agree it feels more platonic than anything. Even so, tch--guess I have to rely on the new manga for my Hei x Kirihara fix.

Great episode either way. This whole Suou x Hei x Yin should be interesting.

Nov 13, 2009 11:43 PM

Jul 2008
poor norio losing his mom that way, i'm guessing she lost control of her powers because she didn't do her remuneration.
i wonder if hei will ever get his powers back?
anyone else think suou is jealous of yin's relationship with hei?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 13, 2009 11:47 PM

Oct 2009
Yin is back, and I hope Hei can change now. Get a shave or something.
Really felt sorry for the guy's mum in the end. I almost cried :(
And I didn't know Hei lost his power because of the Anti-contractor machine thing.

Anyway. I really loved the episode and look forward to the other ones! I just can't wait to see Hei and Yin together again.
Suou is kind of jealous now I see..
Nov 13, 2009 11:56 PM

May 2009
x0utmyheart said:
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO

it pretty much shows that hei/yin had a "relationship" or something along the lines....

http://www.d-black.net/gallary/pv02.html

ALSO, can anyone help me download it, please and thank you?

This is a preview of the side story of this season ( it shows how Hei lost Yin).
I`M A MURDERER
Nov 14, 2009 12:24 AM

Mar 2009
YIN IS BACK!!!!!! BANZAI ! BANZAI ! BANZAI !

lol at Suou at the end , jealous much :P
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Nov 14, 2009 12:45 AM

Jan 2008
Apparently, it does not look like dolls age. So I'm guessing Hei is a pedophile now? o3o

Enjoyed the episode overall.
Nov 14, 2009 1:09 AM
Feb 2009
Great EP... I hate waiting whole week for next -.- but what can I do ^.^ 6 ep to the end... 6 loooong weeks ^.^ ou.. and we have x-mas so probably 7 weeks -.-
Nov 14, 2009 1:13 AM
Nov 2009
Paul said:
Apparently, it does not look like dolls age. So I'm guessing Hei is a pedophile now? o3o

Enjoyed the episode overall.

No way. It's only been like 2 years since dtb 1, so Hei is still probably in his early 20's.
Nov 14, 2009 1:18 AM

Aug 2009
Liked the episode overall, what with Hei and Suou getting some character development, and Yin's return, of course. One thing that bugged me was the scene with Norio and his dad at the end; the dialogue worked for a really emotional, moving scene, but the visual of him stuffing his face with the cake and the dad being in half-drag kinda pushed into narm territory for me.

As for my two cents on the whole Hei-Yin relationship, I always saw it as a protective older brother to little sister kinda thing. Yes, it was love, but not THAT kind of love.

The OVA trailer was neat, liked the guy with the nail shooting power. I always liked the "oh that power's cool and now he's dead" characters. This season may be taking that a bit too far though (I'm looking at you, August 7).
Ha-cha!
Nov 14, 2009 1:53 AM

Mar 2008
LightningRamiel said:
As for my two cents on the whole Hei-Yin relationship, I always saw it as a protective older brother to little sister kinda thing. Yes, it was love, but not THAT kind of love.

+1
So true. Thank you.

I smell jealousy. C'mon Suou, stay away from big bad Hei who slapped you various times. You don't fit. Kicking a lamppole isn't nice.
Also, I've always been supporting Hei x Misaki. But I guess it won't turn out like that. Looking so forward to next week. ♥
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Nov 14, 2009 2:08 AM

Oct 2009
okay just watched it with subs, and here are my thoughts:

-Genma is still a transformer
-Suou has a severe case of Stockholm syndrome
-Hei has traded alcohol for vegtables
-Yin likes to show off her new abilities
-Mao doesn't care that animals do not eat sugar, or drink tea.

But seriously, it was good to see yin. I can't believe that so many people are surprised about Hei and Yin, It's hinted more than enough in the last season. Amber even says it out loud.
I still have to get used to squirrel Mao, since I really thought Mao was kick-ass as cat. When he uses his serious voice now, I can't help but laugh.
Hei still kicks ass, even though he doesn't have his powers, but I think he needs his powers back ASAP.
And I think that Suou kicked Yin because she killed Norio's mother, and Suou is blamed by Norio. I don't think she is really developing feelings for Hei.
Nov 14, 2009 2:10 AM

Jan 2009
Good episode, though Yin being able to kill Michiru still puzzles me.

Thumbs up for Suou, next get him to get a haircut and a shave :)
Nov 14, 2009 2:18 AM
Nov 2008
great episode
so suou won't use her weapon anymore and throw pieces of broken glass instead? and why does she have a new suit :o
Nov 14, 2009 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
syene said:
-Genma is still a transformer

+1

Exactly what I thought xD It was kinda lame, but funny nevertheless xD
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Nov 14, 2009 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
rainji1234 said:
P/s: By the way, has anyone seen THIS yet?:

Thank you so much for posting this. It looks gorgeous (especially the long version).

Farethy said:
LightningRamiel said:

+1
So true. Thank you.

I'm hoping that's it too (even though I don't know any actual sibling relationships that are like that). In any case guys in action movies/animes/manga/books/whatever always need something to protect so if that's Yin for Hei that's great. But lolicon harem? Get lost, that's just stupid. If any, I'd vote for Misaki, she's cool ^^. Anyway I don't see it happen in this anime. It would be out of place.

I liked the development in this episode, the plot is on the move again. Lot of connections we don't understand yet, (Oreille, weird twins, Misaki, Section 3, CIA?, Yin, Shion...), so plenty of room for a nice complex web of interests and goals hopefully leading up to some unexpected conclusion...

Edit: grammar
IgnesNov 14, 2009 2:34 AM
Nov 14, 2009 3:58 AM

Jul 2009
Now I have a big headache to choose between Yin and Suou. I like both of them and it's impossible for me to say which one I'd like to end with Hei. Aahh! My head is aching xP

Good thing there will be OVA with lots of Yin, Hei and Amber! I can't wait for this x3

"I wonder what love is...? He called out my name! :3" That was SOOO obvious! The only question is which will Hei choose... And I laughed my guts out when Suou kicked that light post. It's obvious that she will hate (or already hates) Yin. I wouldn't like them fighting because I wouldn't know for which one to cheer. It's sad that these two wonderful female characters can't be friends...
Nov 14, 2009 4:09 AM

Jul 2009
Does everyone forget that Kirihara also have a crush on Jin?
It's quite obvious which one Hei will chose (Yin <3) wonder how the other two will take it though, could be a real jealous love fight in the end =P

Personally I'm more curious as of why Jin is locked up in that box in the first place, and what they are going to use her for.
Can't be bait since they specifically lured away Hei from the drop site.

Also how did she manipulate the water and killed that boys mother?
Probably have something to do why they want her in the first place^^

Very intriguing nonetheless as the plot thickens.

Can't wait for the next episode =D
Nov 14, 2009 4:35 AM

Oct 2007
Watch the PV of the OVA and then watch this episode, was the best thing I could ask for.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 14, 2009 4:40 AM

Sep 2009
EternalDreamer said:

Also how did she manipulate the water and killed that boys mother?
Probably have something to do why they want her in the first place^^

Very intriguing nonetheless as the plot thickens.

isnt that cos Yin has something do do with anti-contractor skills or something
maybe her power lets her manipulate other contractors abilities ? :)

and this was a good episode so glad to see Yin :D

Nov 14, 2009 4:44 AM

Sep 2009
rainji1234 said:
P/s: By the way, has anyone seen THIS yet?:
x0utmyheart said:
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO
it pretty much shows that hei/yin had a "relationship" or something along the lines...
http://www.d-black.net/gallary/pv02.html
ALSO, can anyone help me download it, please and thank you?
You guys are gods for sharing this!!!i shall kiss you both even if you dont want it..he he

"dont shoot , dont shoot souo!"-his voice showed how much he cares for Yin , i watched this part like 5 times...

So Hei didnt know Yins izanami , glad to hear because i thought he said "i will kill that women" because Yins and anit contractor weapon...URESHI!!

Confusion: thought hei lost his power due to suous locket but its because of Yin??

Was imaginig what if to give back heis power Yin has to kiss him , i know it might not happen as DTB is just too awesome to be cheesy but i am greedy when it comes to YIN X HEI

Why couldnt hei see Yins ghost but suou could see it , must be cuz of the locket??

Whoever said "heis becoming an ass" in this season"---ha ha *pointing at you people*, Hei has always been a good guy and will always be..well "suou dont shoot , doenst suit you" seems pretty nice to me..
So hei will go back to his hot self again ..YAY!!!!
Suous jelousy was cute . Misaki gets on my nerves sometimes , enough with the questions lady , she asks too many of them , in the first season she was more irritating...
Nov 14, 2009 5:17 AM

Jun 2008
MRLX69 said:
Y
Chimasternmay said:
Yin is back
How old is Yin and how old is Suou? This show is getting slightly.... ¬_¬

Suou is 13... and yeah Hei x Suou thing is disgusting and stupid...
but
Yin is about 20 and Hei is about 24 now so, I think, that Yin x Hei love relationship could work...
Nov 14, 2009 5:38 AM
Nov 2008
how old is norio? 17-18? and he is in love with suou that's a bit strange too although love doesn't have any limits :3
Nov 14, 2009 5:51 AM

May 2009
Yin!! Also great to see Hei turn the corner. Still so many questions. A very nice episode that flew by in an instant. The week long wait will be a little agonizing. :(
Nov 14, 2009 5:57 AM

Oct 2009
Btw, who is Izanagi? Another machine or is it Hei?
Nov 14, 2009 5:58 AM

Jan 2009
Well that's a warm and caring mother, eh? Oh well at least she baked a cake : D

Now then over to Hei, and .. it's a trap! D:
And that guy who absorbs stuff has a great personality xD
And he got owned lol.

And.. no way, it's.. Yin!: O
Yin, Yin, Yin~ ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Now it's surprisingly little to say about this episode, except for Yin~ (◔ ◡ ◔)
And I still wonder when (if? : S) Hei'll get his powers back? D:
Oh and another thing, Norio is annoying D:
Yin~ ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
And.. Hei obviously can't see Yin's observation gjost, because he's currently not a contractor.. I'm finding this terribly sad ಠ_ಠ
Oh and while I'm at it

huznme said:
Btw, who is Izanagi? Another machine or is it Hei?

Wat, what'cha on about? Izanagi is the codename (most certainly) that those guys use for Yin, apparantly
Yin~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 14, 2009 6:35 AM

Jun 2008
arrrggghhhhh..... >:
Nov 14, 2009 6:49 AM

Jul 2009
some one must seriously give me info about what happened between yin and hei,i didnt watch that part...so i am quite blur right now
Nov 14, 2009 7:02 AM
Jun 2008
Poor Norio, he lost almost everything that was important for him =(

Also, it seems like Hei is not a contractor anymore...
Nov 14, 2009 7:07 AM

May 2008
snowteddy said:
some one must seriously give me info about what happened between yin and hei,i didnt watch that part...so i am quite blur right now

We don't know that, I think it's gonna be covered in the OVA.

Nov 14, 2009 7:31 AM

Nov 2007
Charliehsv said:
Also it was interesting to see how Suou kicked the lamppole after Yin hugged Hei. Is she developing feelings for him and getting jealous of Hei? Don't get in the way of my Hei x Yin though! ><
Srsly.

Not a bad episode. The whole Hei x Suou thing is... D:
I'm glad to see Yin back, and very curious about what she's doing. It appears that the person Hei said he would kill back in episode 3(?) really was Yin. Why'd she kill Norio's mom, and why did Hei hate her back then? Hmm...

Mao is awesome. I just found the way he was lying down on the table watching TV in his comical squirrel body and scratching his back hilarious. I have no idea why.
amayadoriNov 14, 2009 7:35 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Nov 14, 2009 7:50 AM

Aug 2008
This show only gets better and better with every episode I see...nice. I took quite a liking to Heibo, but it will be nice as well to see him turn back to normal. I am sure he will regain his abilities somehow... ^^
Nov 14, 2009 7:58 AM

Jan 2009
Amaya-no-Hime said:
I'm glad to see Yin back, and very curious about what she's doing. It appears that the person Hei said he would kill back in episode 3(?) really was Yin. Why'd she kill Norio's mom, and why did Hei hate her back then? Hmm...

No really, since when did Hei say anything about killing Yin? He said something about killing "her", and I'm quite sure it's not Yin he's hinting at O.o
I mean lol if he would've wanted Yin dead, he wouldn't have stopped Suou from firing the container, right?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 14, 2009 8:03 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode, I'm starting to like this season better than the previous one. I just hope the romance thing doesn't develop too much, I don't think that tag fits DtB.
Nov 14, 2009 8:48 AM

Oct 2008
Pretty good episode. Things are definitely getting rolling.

Could have done w/o all the tranny tears there at the end though lol
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.