Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2008 5:07 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What did you think about this episode.

i think this episode was awesome. it shows how that Raditz dies :)
sadly Goku dies as well :(
Raditz also tell Goku and Piccolo that 2 more saiyans that are a lot stronger then he is are on the way to earth to take the dragonballs. So it end with them only having one year to get ready for that.

so tell us what you thing about this episode
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:35 AM
Dec 25, 2008 7:09 PM

Dec 2008
i realy liked this episode, but unfortunatly Goku dead.... thas a sad part of the episode.
but i think evertbody knows that Goku will be resurected, so its not that sad :)
the good part, that finaly that Radit dead, even though he is Gokus brother... eh... well i guess even brothers can be diferent as "+" and "-" ^-^
Dec 27, 2008 7:23 AM

Dec 2008
p.s. + i forgot to mention ^-^
want it realy interesting to see a mad Gohan? a small kid like that with THAT much power ^-^ heh, gogo Gohan !!! =D
Oct 16, 2011 10:44 PM

Apr 2010
Go, Gohan! I hope everyone preps in time before the Saiyans get there.

May 16, 2013 8:33 PM

Feb 2013
I love how the the 2 Sayains are just sitting there eating the aliens they slaughtered, I guess their race will eat anything. Guess that explains Goku's appetite >.>
Nov 15, 2013 10:32 AM

May 2012
Poor Goku, what did Kami-Sama do to Goku anyway? And damn Gohan sure is strong, and he'll even get stronger! So lets see what they can accomplish in one year until the other saiyens will come on earth!
Dec 6, 2013 6:51 PM

Jun 2009
So here we're introduced to Nappa and Vegeta. Can't remember too much of what Kami has in mind for Goku in DBZ although it can't be much different to Kai.
Mar 30, 2014 5:14 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty good stuff, the most interesting part being the introduction of Vegeta and Nappa. As well as Goku being taken by Kami.

And, holy shit, Horikawa Ryo who did Reinhard in LoGH is the voice of Vegeta. Badass.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 20, 2014 10:57 PM
Jul 2014
Even though Goku died it was still a great episode with a really good fight scene. Now we get to go on a real trippy journey with goku for a while haha. cant wait!!
Jun 14, 2015 9:46 AM

Feb 2014
Goku is dead?!?! Nooo...
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Nov 24, 2015 9:10 AM

Apr 2014
Son Goku is dead.

After Son Gohan was angry, he attacked Radditz with massive power. But after this, he didn't feel angry anymore and lost his massive power. In the end, Son Goku held Radditz, so Piccolo killed Radditz and Son Goku. And one year left until the two Saiyajins come to Earth.
Dec 28, 2015 5:30 PM

Dec 2015
Damn. Shit's fucked up.

Wonder what happened to Goku.
Jan 13, 2016 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
Oh 80's and 90's battle manga/Anime, how gritty you where.
May 23, 2017 8:23 PM

May 2014
wow goku is dead :0

Apr 22, 2018 8:18 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
so this is when goku dies for the first time

Mar 11, 2020 4:25 PM
Jan 2020
god i love the ost sometimes.
gohan really goes zero to hero. raditz slapping gohan was pretty evil. now i really know the saiyans are the msot evilest things out there. goku may not be the most powerful person in this fight, but damn does he have some insane persistence. does raditz's armor really give him that much more power? he mentioned that he lost power from the blow that was given by gohan. this really makes me wonder about saiba men, but we'll get to that later.
pretty insane way to end off raditz, especially considering theres worse to come and goku just died. the rest of the saiyans seem even more ruthless so they're gonna be fun.
goku dying with krillin by his side is an incredible callback. even more effective if you've actually seen dragon ball original.
i find it interesting how nappa actually thought about breeding with humans to revive the saiyan race for a little bit.
hopefully they're going to be prepared for the saiyans coming, because if they aren't earth is beyond screwed.
Jul 2, 2020 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
Goku sure is a persistent one. Even with broken lungs and bones, he held in dear life on his powerful brother. Not anyone could do that. Sure, Raditz was fairly weakened, but he outmatched both Goku and Piccolo, which says a lot about Goku's tenacity. I have to say, Goku and Piccolo do make a good team, Goku, the muscle of the two, and Piccolo, the intelligent of the two. Of course, Raditz's defeat couldn't have been made possible if it weren't for Gohan, kudos for him. As Raditz has noted, with training and the right guidance, Gohan could become a force to be reckoned with. That is if his mother agreed to it. At this point, she has to if she wants to ensure her son's survival.

Piccolo was a bit reckless here, though, by telling the dying Raditz all about the seven dragon balls only found on this planet. Then again, Raditz was on the verge of his last breath, so I understand. But still, you never know what sort of technologies that alien life forms, like Raditz, have in their person. Oh well, sooner or later, those two Saiyans would have visited Earth, regardless of the discovery of the Dragon Balls. I say better soon than later.

Now, if only they explained as to how Gohan could have such untapped power.
removed-userJul 2, 2020 12:18 AM
Sep 26, 2020 3:09 PM
May 2019
Gohan got so angry, it actually inflicted damage on Raditz. One year is quite a lot more time than I was expecting. Honestly, I was thinking they would arrive in, maybe, just a couple of days. Still, if they are to revive Goku now, then the dragon balls will be usable in just a year on. I wasn't expecting them to disregard the idea of reviving Raditz just like that though.
Feb 22, 2021 9:53 AM

Oct 2020
Nice episode. Gohan is really very powerful but just for the time when he is in rage. Good thing he is safe. Goku did a bold move there. I was wondering why Piccolo was just standing there doing nothing. Actually he was waiting for the best time. But it was wise enough somehow. They at least defeated Raditz in exchange of Goku's life. Never thought he will die. However Kami took care of it. Now it is time to get stronger for the new enemies. Piccolo should also get stronger for that.
Aug 30, 2022 8:06 AM
Mar 2018
it funny big green man kills goku
Apr 5, 2023 9:47 AM
Sep 2020
It s sad seeing this but it is what it is
Nov 6, 2023 7:43 AM

Jul 2021
gohan's one powerful kid. im hyped to see these new saiyans.

Mar 23, 3:18 PM

Jun 2020
WTFF IM NEVER READING THE SPOILERISH TITLES AGAIN 😭

Obviously Goku will come back. But I still felt sad to see him die. At least Raditz got taken out as well. Gohan is a lot of potential and I want to see how he will take advantage of it. The warning sign of only 1 year until the Saiyans arrive was pretty haunting.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 122 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Oct 11, 2010

27 by GeoRush »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Apr 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Apr 24, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.