Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2014 12:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Take that cheek kiss as a will of good luck. A bit of a predictable but funny chapter XD
Oct 27, 2014 12:15 AM

Sep 2011
Din't like Kagetora very much but, it was a cute ending.
Oct 27, 2014 12:30 AM

Aug 2012
A nice ending, glad they made up at the end.
Oct 27, 2014 1:12 AM
Dec 2013
Wait... This is the END?

Great ending actually, great kissa and loved this whole manga. Glad to finish my favorite manga before leaving.
Oct 27, 2014 5:41 AM

Oct 2009
I guess with the magazine it was running in closing, they had to finish up this manga as well. Would have had more overall impact to arrive at a more defined conclusion AFTER their exams and graduation, but it was still a good wrap-up.
Oct 27, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2012
This manga deserved a better ending, but welp, money dictates everything.
Oct 27, 2014 7:28 AM

May 2013
Damn, can't believe it ended. At least Wakatake got a kiss on the cheek.
Oct 27, 2014 8:34 AM

Jun 2012
The ax brings about another end to a great series with a lot of potential.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Oct 27, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2010
I don't think she really followed through on what she wanted to do when she left her Grandma's house, but at least she finally got through to him that she wants to be with him. I respect the fact that she feels she has to improve herself before she can be with him fully as equals, though, so I guess that means I think it is a good ending. Even though he would be happy with her in any case, she has to get herself to the point where she feels that she is worthy of him. By setting goals and following through on them, I feel she is on the right path.

One assumes that their lives progress with attending the same high school, him tutoring her until she is able to get good enough grades to qualify for the police academy, him going off to University to study medicine and her getting settled into the local police force, and finally, after he succeeds his father at the clinic/hospital, the two of them getting married. That is a nice progression... They are a great couple, in my opinion.
Oct 27, 2014 7:49 PM

Sep 2012
Premature ending at it's finest *sighs* This series had so much more in its potential and dialog. I complain to the lack of readers.
Oct 28, 2014 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
Great ending

Oct 28, 2014 4:14 PM
Apr 2014
Eh, I would say it was kind of OK, but I really can't bring myself, giving the potential this series had for more than a half of its run.
I wonder what it could've been if the magazine hadn't closed. There were a lot of things to be explored, interactions to be described, feelings to be developed.
I always wondered if something special happened between Kagetora and Mega, since she said she has met him three times at a certain point, but we only knew of two of them. I'm sure Mega was supposed to be featured more, but there wasn't time. The thing between the small student and Mimi wasn't resolved as well, and her justification for her actions felt forced. But again, not enough pages to do it justice. Inaho just disappeared, Shuuta never became a full-fleshed character, and I don't know if giving him those pages in the second to last chapter was a wise decision, given that he wouldn't have had anymore time anyway. Kagetora's relationship with her mother, Wakatake's doubts about his future, all had to be dealt with in a superficial way, and the resolutions didn't feel convincing.
Finally, the relationship between the two. Now, doing more than this would have felt really really forced and out of character, but I can't help being disappointed for what could have been if it had more time. What about the countdown at the end of every chapter? In the end the exams don't even matter anymore?(I went a little Linkin Park here) Maybe a timeskip could have helped...
What doesn't help is that, in order to move things forward a little more quickly, the auhtor had to make Wakatake act like the usual douchebag from shoujo manga at the very end.

I'd say that the author did what was possible with the space given, but maybe a little more could have been done.
But still, if you show the main character kissing the false love interest and not the true one, it means something went wrong.
Oct 28, 2014 11:15 PM

Sep 2011
Yes, the ending seemed too soon to me too, it was a good manga and stayed good but had potential to be more. Still the mangaka did well with the time they had to end it.
Oct 29, 2014 10:40 AM
Mar 2010
Seems like a rudh ending but at lleast he got a kiss but i prefer a kiss on the lips than on the cheecks
Oct 29, 2014 5:28 PM
May 2011
Damn, around chapter 10 I was thinking that I could handle at least 40-50 chapters and how unbearable it will be to wait for new ones to come out... And it ended! This is a good manga and I'm waiting for new work from this author, he delivers. Giving 9, because it's unfair to end such a good series at this point.
Nov 10, 2014 9:02 AM

Mar 2008
First of all this series has really suprised me, because when I started it I thought it would be one of thousand common Shounen-Romance-Manga and since I've made bad experience with "Kimi no Iru Machi" (also the reason why I started to prefer Seinen-Genre), but this series was different. I really like the characters and the story.

And yet ...
I really don't know how to make of the end ... o(╥﹏╥)o
The last few conversation the two of them have, was kinda strange, did they now end up together and was the last things Kagetora said a confession? And why did she refuse him at the time when he confess to her? Please somone help to clear up this up for me else I can't sleep (◕︵◕)

Jan 3, 2015 2:42 AM

May 2010
I am quite depressed by how short it was. But this was way better than I had anticipated, the concept is not at all cliche.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 21, 2015 2:52 PM

Jul 2010
It was very cute ending that suits them but it is a little bit rushed, I think. Still, I'll list on my ''few good romance''. Because it is.
I'd consider them as lovers~
Jan 27, 2015 5:21 AM

Mar 2013
Such a good series.. why ended so soon??? orz
May 25, 2015 4:33 AM

Apr 2010
Average ending that could have been better given the necessary time, it almost felt rushed.

In the end I liked the manga, the end could have both been better or worse.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Jun 25, 2015 12:12 AM

Jun 2014
I like the ending. I hated the mc at first, his tsunness disgust me. Mixed feelings about the girl. But glad she was the one who made a move at the end.

5/10
Jul 16, 2015 5:04 PM

Mar 2012
Author probably planned it to be around 50-60 chapters :/

Anyways ending was cute.
Aug 12, 2015 6:26 AM

Oct 2013
Confucius said:
I am quite depressed by how short it was. But this was way better than I had anticipated, the concept is not at all cliche.
This could've been so much better than it was, unfortunately.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Oct 4, 2015 7:03 AM
Oct 2013
Beautiful ending..!!....I wish it'd get a sequel..or an anime adaptation at least!...wanna see more of Kagetora!
Nov 11, 2015 11:19 AM

Oct 2008
"Until the day when the cherry blossom boom" fuck off with your kindergarten cliches.
Of course the series didn't have the balls and not make them end up together as it would normally should have been. Both the 2 main characters were completely juvenile,bi-polar and very unlikable as the series progressed. Realistically speaking they wouldn't last for a month at best.

Just another example of why shounen romances suck so much...
amateurNov 11, 2015 11:23 AM
May 28, 2016 11:35 AM

Mar 2015
aburpt ending from a series that has soo many potential in beginning... nostalgia...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 10, 2016 10:05 AM

Mar 2016
Kuma said:
aburpt ending from a series that has soo many potential in beginning... nostalgia...

We know they will end up together, but we really need that..... THAT FAMILY PHOTO/THEM WITH KIDS OR MARRIED OR SOMETHING AT LEAST.
Mar 29, 2017 3:50 AM

Jul 2015
I think the mangaka wrapped it up quite nicely and managed to cramp a satisfying ending into the last chapters. Ofc you feel it was forced (I mean they still had 200 or more days left, so the author obviously didnt plan this. ^^) and much was left out and side chars didnt solve their issues yet.

My main issue was the Karate dude, who felt so shallow at the end. It was never explored, why she felt in love with him at all and Im quite sure the mangaka had more in mind with this char. Also I feel bad for the Cram school girl studying psychology, who was also cut off.

Well, this could have become one of these 9+/10 mangas with 40 or more chapters, but sadly authors need to live and unless you dont write HxH or Berserk, you have to do it regulary or do something else. :)

Img giving it a 7,5/10, but due to the kind of rushed ending and the thought what it could have become, I just cant rate it higher, though I want to.
Sep 4, 2019 10:36 PM

Nov 2015
Well, I'm here to complain about ending. I'm well aware of why it's ended up like this. However it's somewhat not decisive about their relationship. Like I want you to be stay with me but I don't wanna get involved in any romantic things. It's a huge turn off as a reader. When he patted her head right after explanation but she slapped his hand. Also claiming she like Mega but when it comes to him, she apparently don't know about what's between boys and girls. Cut me a slack. It ain't wholesome it's pain in the ass with emotional leeching. She claimed she wants to be in equal terms with him so she decided to be a police, yet again in the end there's a hint maybe they won't be lovers in future. So what's the point for forcing yourself to be in equal terms with him? Rejecting him while being in equal terms, maybe? And author cover her with "being childish" excuse. Our heroine is hesitant and indecisive but our guy have straight and true to his self. In the end he decided to go along with her indecisiveness, it's pretty much gambling at that point. I don't know what author was thinking, but this indecisive ending clearly make a reader like me to hate it. I don't know why Japanese fond off an ending like that. Lastly I would like to see her to say "I love you" at least once but there goes "I'll response your feelings properly" line. I'm disappointed way beyond my imagination.
Everybody relates to others and shares something with them.That's why we can never truly be free.That's what makes us feel joy,sadness and love.
Oct 31, 2019 11:49 PM

Sep 2013
Don't care about the abrupt ending. For once the MC just got sick and tired of the bullshit and was gona just fuck off from it instead of the typical nonsense of things being misunderstood or being dragged on. Loved the way it ended. It's believable given what small character development was shown.
Aug 15, 2021 8:21 AM
Sep 2020
Good manga but the ending was too abrupt.
Feb 7, 2022 1:02 AM
Aug 2020
Loved the ending tho I was expecting them to do lovey dovey things more
Sep 18, 2023 8:14 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2014:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasaku Syndrome Chapter 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

7 by ninja88880 »»
Jul 16, 2015 4:52 PM

Poll: » Sakurasaku Syndrome Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

5 by ninja88880 »»
Jul 16, 2015 4:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurasaku Syndrome Chapter 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2014

12 by ninja88880 »»
Jul 16, 2015 4:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurasaku Syndrome Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

8 by ninja88880 »»
Jul 16, 2015 4:26 PM

Poll: » Sakurasaku Syndrome Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2014

5 by ninja88880 »»
Jul 16, 2015 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.