Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2014 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
Had a hard time figuring out how this was based on a card game having said that it was fun seems like it with just be crazy dumb fun maybe on the level of space boy dandy i dunno i felt like this is something that would of ended up on adult swim anime.

think my only thing i really disliked was Favaro char designs it's just really really bad to me red afro with wings at the bottom then it looks like hes wearing lipstick :/ gonna drive me insane since i actually like him plus hes voiced by the guy who did bossun!
Oct 5, 2014 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
Will be hard to get used to the fro but it was pretty enjoyable, looking forward to the potential this could have.
Oct 5, 2014 8:11 PM

Oct 2010
whitehairkaneki said:
Wow just a great first episode considering I was not expecting it to bu good at all but damn I loved that first episode

the one flaw this show has tho is the main character I mean I can understand having an annoying
main character but this one is beyond annoying I might just watch it for that girl.

If he was really weak i wouldnt be able to tolerate him but he his amazing street smarts. So far the best premiere this season i hope it stays fun.
Oct 5, 2014 8:14 PM

Dec 2013
I don't have the words to express just how awesome this show is
Oct 5, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2010
This is top-tier. I mean, Mappa is really doing his best with this one. Technically speaking it's flawless, I simply love the character design and the music, especially the music, it gave a sense of drama and fear. I also really appreaciated the design of Bahamut and the scene of where Favaro falls into Bahamut's realm.

Favaro and Kaiser remind me a bit of Mugen and Jin of Samurai Champloo.
Anyway, awesome. This is one of my favorites this season.
Oct 5, 2014 8:21 PM

Jan 2008
That was pretty good start. Animation was really nice though the qaulity felt kinda low, the 720p version i watched felt like a 480.
Oct 5, 2014 8:27 PM

Aug 2012
Akanezora said:

Favaro and Kaiser remind me a bit of Mugen and Jin of Samurai Champloo.
Anyway, awesome. This is one of my favorites this season.
Yeah Favaro is like a mix of Dandy, Mugen, and Twelve, and I love it.
Oct 5, 2014 9:00 PM

Mar 2013
I just came. Looks like we have another contestant for anime of the season.
Oct 5, 2014 9:01 PM

Jun 2012
Interesting will give it a shot. However, why is it that 2000 years have gone by since the Bahamut opening and they are still using horses? Seems weird lol
Oct 5, 2014 9:32 PM

May 2011
Consider me wildly impressed. Everything about this first episode appealed to me, from the character designs to the constant but wacky action. I look forward to following these characters wherever they may go.
Oct 5, 2014 9:39 PM

Mar 2010
I hate the MCs hairstyle, apart from that it was a really enjoyable first episode, looking forward for more, especially from that devil beauty with pink hair :3
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Oct 5, 2014 10:02 PM

Nov 2012
It was fucking awesome. Definitely the best so far this season (apart from the ones that haven't been translated and I haven't tried).
Oct 5, 2014 10:12 PM

Apr 2012
i was turned off by the terrible looking cgi dragons but loved the art style overall. Great OST/ afro MC. A promising fantasy/adventure series.

Oct 5, 2014 10:17 PM

Jun 2011
billybob300c said:
male mc with lipstick on? LOL

dropped

LOL if thats all you saw then hurry up and come out the closet.
Oct 5, 2014 10:30 PM

Mar 2009
AlexTheRiot said:
Seriously, imagine how many people that don't frequent forums or anything and only go by the synopsis, half of them will see "card game" and run away and never look back.

Good thing I saw that Studio Mappa was behind this. I probably would have skipped it.

This was just fucking great. My favorite premiere so far besides Fate and that married couple anime. Really cool, a lot of fun, and very stylish. It's like high fantasy meets the old west. What a great combination. The MC is such a jerk, yet hilarious; I love the guy. Couple that with Mappa's nice animation, and it's a win. And hey, the added bonus of a hot and badass female character. I only hope it can keep this up.

That intro scene, though. What?
Oct 5, 2014 10:40 PM

Oct 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Seriously, imagine how many people that don't frequent forums or anything and only go by the synopsis, half of them will see "card game" and run away and never look back.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeep! I almost skipped it EXACTLY because of that reason too since I'm hardly into those.

This was so much better than I expected and damn that animation! I'm not expecting much depth there in terms of story & characters but it seems like a really fun show nonetheless. Looking forward to see the adventures of our bounty hunter protagonist,Favaro.
Oct 5, 2014 11:01 PM
Dec 2011
Why Ussop is the main ?
Liked the FF guardian force like character attacking the dragon.
Oct 5, 2014 11:01 PM

May 2013
That was surprisingly interesting. I think this show might turn out to be one of the better of this season. 5 out of 5 from me for this episode.

AlexTheRiot said:

Wait, so is this adapted from a card game or something? I believe I read that somewhere. And if it is, then I have to say I am impressed. This episode was absolutely amazing and it's hard to believe it's from a card game.
VoduuOct 5, 2014 11:29 PM
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Oct 5, 2014 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, that was awesome. I really had no idea what to expect going in, but man that really surprised me. Great animation and music. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here.
[spoiler]PLACEHOLDER
Oct 5, 2014 11:20 PM

Dec 2011
Not a bad start...i have to get use to the guys character design.The fight scene was well done and amazing ...lol the ending Favaro got a tail may be because of a contract.
Oct 5, 2014 11:38 PM

Aug 2014
Favaro looks so bad. I like the duchementaly on the MC. But the character design is just awfull IMO. The Girl is the most interesting. But the show seems good anyway. Just need to redraw the Favaro in my head.
Oct 6, 2014 12:38 AM

Apr 2012
Kaisar reminds me of Space Dandy xD
Oct 6, 2014 12:40 AM
Aug 2013
So good. One of the best i've seen from this season so far. Favaro is a very lovable character! Hilarious as well.
Oct 6, 2014 1:12 AM

Jul 2014
Great first episode
Zeally said:
i was turned off by the terrible looking cgi dragons but loved the art style overall. Great OST/ afro MC. A promising fantasy/adventure series.

Ehm, wait what? That dragon is something that you think looked terrible? Really?
Oh wait, i forgot... everything CGI is terrible.
Oct 6, 2014 1:22 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty good show (although I can't help myself seeing a resemblance of Final Fantasy)

MC is a bit annoying but I can live with it
Oct 6, 2014 1:23 AM

Mar 2013
I have no idea what the fuck is going on, but the ANIMATION, ACTION SCENES, AND SOUNDTRACK ARE AWESOME.
I only have minor complaints about our MC, appearance and personality wise, but I think I can live through it.
It's shocking that this is based off a card game and the visuals look too stunning and story have a lot of potential to say otherwise.
This is definitely one that can't be overlook this season, definitely has potential to be one of the best this season, but can't be too hyped about it :/
Oct 6, 2014 1:31 AM

Aug 2012
Pretty good episode. I didn't expect that he'll get a tail after that kiss though. He must have received some sort of power-up in the process.
Oct 6, 2014 1:50 AM

Oct 2008
so far best of the season. shame the MC is annoying as hell, but everything else is great. love the western vibes and the direction of action sequences.
Oct 6, 2014 2:24 AM

Dec 2012
Some Lupin/Pirates of the Carribean shit going on that first episode, pretty fresh from the rest of the shows this fall
Oct 6, 2014 2:25 AM

Jul 2007
Voduu said:
That was surprisingly interesting. I think this show might turn out to be one of the better of this season. 5 out of 5 from me for this episode.

AlexTheRiot said:

Wait, so is this adapted from a card game or something? I believe I read that somewhere. And if it is, then I have to say I am impressed. This episode was absolutely amazing and it's hard to believe it's from a card game.

Yes. This anime literally takes concept of an ios/android card game and develops it into fullblown awesome world with original storyline.
Oct 6, 2014 2:42 AM

Oct 2013
woah, for a second I thought I was watching a movie. the animation was really good and I was drawn to the storyline every second. very good. so he became a devil from the kiss?
Oct 6, 2014 3:05 AM

May 2010
impression after 4 minutes: is this still the same anime? what the hell is going on?

Ugh i hate favaro,his haircut and especially his voice actor. he annoys me greatly.

Animation feels very fluid and even the CGI looked good. Ppl saying it doesnt are either talking out of their ass or dont know really shitty CGI.
KerozinnOct 6, 2014 3:21 AM
Oct 6, 2014 3:11 AM

Aug 2013
I had zero expectations coming in and that first episode just blew me away. The animation, the soundtrack...holy XD!

That intro: Neo Bahamut vs Odin (with Gunge Lance), Rahmu in armor and Diablos with a totally final boss fight bgm playing.

Enter second scene: two people on horse back on a bridge. Was I the only one who thought "Shadow of the Colossus!"?

Female demon kicking ass! The MC is a prick though, that's the only knock in this episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 6, 2014 3:46 AM

Jan 2012
This anime has a nice setting and atmosphere.
Too bad they had to create a retard as male main....
Favaro will ruin this anime, pretty sure of it...
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Oct 6, 2014 3:50 AM

Jan 2011
Honestly, I was going to even watch this but I'm glad I did. I absolutely loved this first episode. The animation and the OST were amazing. I just can't believe how fluid the animation is. Favaro seems like a really funny and whack main character but I like how he's a bounty and he has a device that turns the wanted people in stone tablets. Kaisar does remind me of Dandy a bit, haha. Amira transforming into her demon form was probably the best part for me. She looked so badass in that form and I'm just really interested to see more of her. It's hilarious how Favaro grew a tail. He must be half demon now, thanks to that kiss, perhaps. xD Overall, great first episode. Can't wait for more!
5/5
Oct 6, 2014 3:54 AM

Dec 2011
Arcanix said:
Great first episode
Zeally said:

Ehm, wait what? That dragon is something that you think looked terrible? Really?

haha yeah, no matter how great the CGI is some people will still say it's terrible lol. If this one isn't great,then I don't know what cgi will look great to them

And I love the characters, Amira turned into a demon was so awesome, a crazy fight. Although don't like the MC design so much, but I guess his design make him different from your usual cool protagonist design
Oct 6, 2014 4:00 AM
Jul 2014
This feels like swashbuckler bebop! Didn't expect it to bee this funny, but that's awesome. Best of the season so far.
CGI in the beginning was a little shoddy, but the rest looked really, really good, loving the character designs and the patchwork-fantasy setting. Glad I picked this up!
Oct 6, 2014 4:06 AM

Mar 2013
M3k4toku said:
SalemWitch said:
One of the few anime that actually lived up to the hype! Great directing, great pacing, great animation, GREAT art! We only got a prologue into the story but I'm excited to find out what's going to happen next and I'm sure it's not going to disappoint. Best girl confirmed for Amira and wow, is she powerful. Favaro is a magnetic character, he just stole the show. As far Kaisar... hm, there's hope for him yet.

Looking forward to next episode. I can already tell this is going to be my favorite anime of 2014.

Does this actually have any hype though? Is my question. Guess this may be my AOTS season. Fix the pacing and be 2-four and I've found a favourite anime.

Well, call it my own personal hype train, heh. This anime was my #1 to watch ever since I saw the first PV a few months back. Not many people have been outspoken to hype it up as much as Fate Stay/Night UB, but I'm sure there's quite a few who wanted to see it as much as I did.
Oct 6, 2014 4:18 AM
Jul 2012
With the Spanish theme city after watching the non-sub trailer I was expecting the protagonist to be like Eli Monpress. But nope. Comparing this annoying asshole to Eli is like comparing is like comparing this:
http://youtu.be/aoRElJayEQA

to a Predator.

The trailer looked promising. I was looking forward to this. But this is just bad.
Oct 6, 2014 4:21 AM

Jan 2013
We Ideon now:
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 6, 2014 4:41 AM

Dec 2012
The season is getting better!

A good first episode, didn't expect it really, nice tail!
Oct 6, 2014 5:38 AM

Feb 2010
This is what i expected from a experienced staff, they created a medieval fantasy anime in the old fashion, i wanted one like this since Guin Saga.
Oct 6, 2014 6:04 AM
Apr 2008
Thought I was gonna drop this show after the crap first few minutes, but damn did it get good fast. Love the art style, OST and characters, the cg wasn't too bad the rest of the episode either. Nice the see a show this season without moe fanservice girls and an emotionless male protagonist with the personality of a brick.

Arcanix said:
Great first episode
Zeally said:

The dragon did look really shitty tbh... and that was in the dark.
Oct 6, 2014 7:12 AM

Feb 2013
LimeNade said:
Interesting will give it a shot. However, why is it that 2000 years have gone by since the Bahamut opening and they are still using horses? Seems weird lol

I think it's sort of like Lord of the Rings, how that whole prologue scene in Fellowship took place thousands of years ago and yet thousands of years later not much has changed. It's that sort of fantasy world.
Oct 6, 2014 7:28 AM

Jun 2014
Enjoyment - over 9000
:3
Oct 6, 2014 7:43 AM

Jul 2014
Guessing this will be one of the silent gems of the season? It's getting no hype. Welp, all that hype is going to the remake of Fate/UBW.
"Hi!"
Oct 6, 2014 7:48 AM

Jul 2007
Irenesharda said:
LimeNade said:

I think it's sort of like Lord of the Rings, how that whole prologue scene in Fellowship took place thousands of years ago and yet thousands of years later not much has changed. It's that sort of fantasy world.

IF our world had pesky magic and great unspoken evils, we would still be riding horses too.
Oct 6, 2014 8:05 AM

Nov 2013
I came here only for the pretty visuals. But this seems promising, I like this fantasy world and the characters aren't that bad.

8/10 for now.
Oct 6, 2014 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
The guys hair...kinda puts me off.
Oct 6, 2014 8:36 AM

Feb 2013
It was even better than I expected it to be.
This really felt like a breath of fresh air. I liked absolutely everything of this episode, from Favaro's hairstyle to the great animated Bahamut.

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.