Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 4, 2014 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode as it captured the strengths and weaknesses of both sides imo. I feel sorry for Beast though with her involvement in this especially watching one of her comrades getting hurt. Nonetheless, I feel a bit sorry for Doll as well.

Action was solid too this episode although I thought animation quality was only moderate. Only one more episode to go. Shame this arc is going to end soon although I think 10 episodes is understandable since the arc itself isn't very long. Still, those poor kids...wow. That was just bloody violent.
Stark700Sep 4, 2014 11:43 AM
Sep 4, 2014 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
Beast's death was terrible.
That episode made me emotional, reading these chapters was tough enough but seeing it animated is just.. wow.
The servants are amazing, I adore Mey-Rin she's so badass.
The 2 Ciels theory is gonna blow up after this one... man lol
The OST is soooo good, can't wait for it to be released.

I'm upset BOC is ending next week, sigh.
babymimiSep 4, 2014 12:18 PM
Sep 4, 2014 12:08 PM

Dec 2009
Stark700 said:

Good episode as it captured the strengths and weaknesses of both sides imo. I feel sorry for Beast though with her involvement in this especially watching one of her comrades getting hurt. Nonetheless, I feel a bit sorry for Doll as well.

Action was solid too this episode although I thought animation quality was only moderate. Only one more episode to go. Shame this arc is going to end soon although I think 10 episodes is understandable since the arc itself isn't very long. Still, those poor kids...wow. That was just bloody violent.

The mansion battle was fun, though they added things that weren't in the original batter. And Grell's reaction to Sebastian seducing Beast was funny, but he wasn't needed this arc, and some of the other altering to play on the fans was slightly annoying, but overall it was a good episode.

I really enjoyed Ciel's trauma activating with the orders of "Kill them all.", Sebastian's shocked face was nice to see and his sinister smile as the flames engulfed everything... A nice episode it was. But yeah, I think the animators might have had a low budget to work with, or they rushed. For some reason some parts feel more rushed than others.

I didn't feel too bad for her, but than again I wasn't overly fond of her. Nor was I fond of Doll. I actually cheered a bit when Sebastian... I won't spoil it for those who haven't read the manga here.

Next episode will be the last, and on Sept. 11th no less..( How strange the timing.). Is it strange that I feel more relief than I do saddened by this?...

babymimi said:
That episode made me emotional, reading these chapters was tough enough but seeing it animated is just.. wow.

Please do not talk about that horrible theory here. I'm, and many others, are sick and tired of it as it is. Plus, this is not the place to discuss it. Hopefully, they have some common sense as to not believe the anime. Given that it is already full of fillers and fanservice, and this is just another fanservice on their part, they won't blow up too badly. (Doubt it, though.) Just remember this is an episode discussion we aren't discussing ridiculous fan theories here.
lovelyphantomSep 4, 2014 12:12 PM

Sep 4, 2014 12:18 PM

Jun 2014
lovelyphantom said:
Stark700 said:

The mansion battle was fun, though they added things that weren't in the original batter. And Grell's reaction to Sebastian seducing Beast was funny, but he wasn't needed this arc, and some of the other altering to play on the fans was slightly annoying, but overall it was a good episode.

I really enjoyed Ciel's trauma activating with the orders of "Kill them all.", Sebastian's shocked face was nice to see and his sinister smile as the flames engulfed everything... A nice episode it was. But yeah, I think the animators might have had a low budget to work with, or they rushed. For some reason some parts feel more rushed than others.

I didn't feel too bad for her, but than again I wasn't overly fond of her. Nor was I fond of Doll. I actually cheered a bit when Sebastian... I won't spoil it for those who haven't read the manga here.

Next episode will be the last, and on Sept. 11th no less..( How strange the timing.). Is it strange that I feel more relief than I do saddened by this?...

babymimi said:

Please do not talk about that horrible theory here. I'm, and many others, are sick and tired of it as it is. Plus, this is not the place to discuss it. Hopefully, they have some common sense as to not believe the anime. Given that it is already full of fillers and fanservice, and this is just another fanservice on their part, they won't blow up too badly. (Doubt it, though.) Just remember this is an episode discussion we aren't discussing ridiculous fan theories here.

I'm sick of it too, it doesn't make any sense.
Sep 4, 2014 1:18 PM

Dec 2009
babymimi said:
lovelyphantom said:

I'm sick of it too, it doesn't make any sense.

I know, right.

What did you think of Ciel's trauma taking effect? I wanted to hug him, but at the same time I was somewhat amused.

Sep 4, 2014 1:55 PM

Mar 2013
Oh my God this was just amazing. I'm terribly sad about Joker, Dagger and Beast though... I liked them. I suppose they were victims too, in some way.
Lmfao at Grell getting jealous of Beast. I'm glad I got to see him again.
The battle at the mansion was pretty impressive, as expected of the Phantomhive servants.
The action was quite solid and I enjoyed most of the bloody scenes. Definitely the best episode so far, in my opinion.
Sep 4, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2007
The chasing. Scary with Finnian's bright way of talk in that situation. Nobu's character died to protect that lady. lol~Sabby in her memory that made FukuJun's character excited. Is Molly her real name?

That scientist... he doesn't care about them, and immediately ask for next job. Wow, not just them, but also kids...

One more ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 4, 2014 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
Another great episode. 1st time I watch RAW and I understand most of the things they said. OFC I'm gonna watch it when sub available. The battle at the mansion was amazing and quite fun Finian is a real monster. All of them in fact. When Grell was watching his Sebas-chan with Beast with those reactions I just couldn't stop laughing. WE HEART GRELL. I felt so sad for Joker. For all of them to be more precise but the one I pitty the most is Doll. Now she's left alone. That hysteria Ciel had was so dramatic. Now that Sensei guy was mentally sick IMO. That final order was so harsh....but that evil smile Sebastian had. WoW he is akuma. Not only in flesh and bones 8n his soul too. Next week Final Ep and the we'll wait for Book of Murder.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Sep 4, 2014 3:12 PM

Mar 2009
Haven't read any of the comments above. Ugh! Still waiting for the eng subs, Wanna watch soooooo effin' bad! This one's gonna be EPIC. I know it. I hope subs are out in a few hours. =)))
Sep 4, 2014 5:20 PM

Dec 2008
Finny is fucking scary as hell! Out of all of Phantomhive's "soldiers," I think I fear him the most.

Grell is always over the top hilarious!

Sebastian engulfed in flames is quite sexy!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 4, 2014 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
Wait a sec, he just let that girl be stabbed in front of him and then ordered the rest to be burned?
Sep 4, 2014 6:01 PM
May 2014
Clymenus said:
Wait a sec, he just let that girl be stabbed in front of him and then ordered the rest to be burned?

been waiting for someone to notice this.

I'm disappointed that the #10 reply is the first one to mention he kills all children
Sep 4, 2014 6:06 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode but did they burn the kids too?! I'm disappointed with Ciel. I know he was in a state of shock but he shouldn't have done that.
Albi-kunSep 4, 2014 6:12 PM
Sep 4, 2014 6:06 PM

Dec 2012
Clymenus said:

They went though this part sorta fast in the episode, basically ciel was having flashbacks the whole time and is so scared/other negative emotion that he just says kill them all without any thought to it.
On the other hand, if he's been through what these kids have, he might understand. He probably thinks death is honestly the better choice for them. In fact I think he says this in the manga, but I'm not sure now, it's been awhile.
Sep 4, 2014 6:12 PM

Apr 2007
As much as I love Grell I wasn't too fond of the scene they added. It kinda ruined some of the seriousness .-.

Just like in the manga, I feel bad for the circus people and was hardly impressed by the servants. While those in the circus have committed crimes they were still victims themselves in many ways. Strung along in Kelvin's schemes and obsession while they only wanted to repay him for saving their lives (well it was mostly Joker). Of course they probably had a chance to escape so it's sorta their fault for sticking around.

Oh well just one more episode left. There are still some good parts left to see

koruo said:
Clymenus said:

I'm disappointed that the #10 reply is the first one to mention he kills all children
Just because no one cares to mention it that doesn't mean no one noticed .-. Ciel isn't exactly sane right now after being reminded of his traumatic childhood. Not that it makes his decision correct.

And about "letting the girl get stabbed" you're saying that like the stabbing didn't happen in seconds.
Sep 4, 2014 6:13 PM

Nov 2013
AOTS
Sep 4, 2014 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
warriorsftw said:
Clymenus said:

They went though this part sorta fast in the episode, basically ciel was having flashbacks the whole time and is so scared/other negative emotion that he just says kill them all without any thought to it.
On the other hand, if he's been through what these kids have, he might understand. He probably thinks death is honestly the better choice for them. In fact I think he says this in the manga, but I'm not sure now, it's been awhile.

I figured it was probably more explained in the manga, but even with that I feel that was a really...wrong decision. Who knows what really happened to the kids, some of them were maybe only drugged or something, and even if the worst happened to them he should have let them live, maybe they would have recovered. But I guess he wasn't really thinking clearly at that moment, I'm curious to see if he regrets it later.
Sep 4, 2014 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
The flower girl... then all the kids together. Ciel :O How can he order that :(
I kind of want to throw the blame to the doctor. He did deserve to die (the hate >.<), but for him to fully activate Ciel's trauma too.
Sep 4, 2014 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
Monochrome said:
And about "letting the girl get stabbed" you're saying that like the stabbing didn't happen in seconds.

That guy literally dragged her to that pedestal, placed her there, got his knife out, said a sentence and then stabbed her.
Sep 4, 2014 6:27 PM

Nov 2013
Clymenus said:
Monochrome said:

That guy literally dragged her to that pedestal, placed her there, got his knife out, said a sentence and then stabbed her.

yeah sebastian could easily have stopped that no problem

ciel wasn't stable enough to give the order though
Sep 4, 2014 6:30 PM

Apr 2007
Clymenus said:
Monochrome said:

ok so maybe it was more like 10 seconds, it felt quicker to me for some reason. There's still the trauma and shock clouding Ciel's mind. But you already expanded on your thoughts on this ordeal in your previous post, no point in continuing this~
Sep 4, 2014 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
Clymenus said:
warriorsftw said:

I figured it was probably more explained in the manga, but even with that I feel that was a really...wrong decision. Who knows what really happened to the kids, some of them were maybe only drugged or something, and even if the worst happened to them he should have let them live, maybe they would have recovered. But I guess he wasn't really thinking clearly at that moment, I'm curious to see if he regrets it later.

I think it was probably the wrong decision too
¯_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 4, 2014 6:40 PM

Aug 2014
I liked this part better in the manga, but still pretty good.
Sep 4, 2014 7:23 PM

May 2009
ilok said:
So all the children are burned alive?

Yeah. I think it was a mercy kill though. Ciel has been through this so he'd know better than anybody else. Even if he wasn't exactly stable as he made that decision. But I don't think it was the wrong thing to do.
Those kids were dead inside. In the flashbacks you see Ciel struggling against the hands, trying to get free, trying to live. What did the little girl do? Nothing. She was lifeless and let herself be stabbed even without batting an eyelash. Those kids had no life left in them, death was the better option.

lovelyphantom said:
Please do not talk about that horrible theory here. I'm, and many others, are sick and tired of it as it is. Plus, this is not the place to discuss it.

Wtf is wrong with discussing the theory here? It's quite a solid theory, backed up by both the anime and manga if you look closely enough. If you don't like it you don't need to read about it, just skip the comment. But telling people what to comment about and what not to is kind of a shitty thing to do. Here is the place to discuss it if people want to.

Mod Edit: Merged double post. Please edit your previous post
TyrelSep 4, 2014 9:49 PM
Sep 4, 2014 7:41 PM

Jul 2009
Monochrome said:
As much as I love Grell I wasn't too fond of the scene they added. It kinda ruined some of the seriousness .-.

Just like in the manga, I feel bad for the circus people and was hardly impressed by the servants. While those in the circus have committed crimes they were still victims themselves in many ways. Strung along in Kelvin's schemes and obsession while they only wanted to repay him for saving their lives (well it was mostly Joker). Of course they probably had a chance to escape so it's sorta their fault for sticking around.

koruo said:

Just because no one cares to mention it that doesn't mean no one noticed .-. Ciel isn't exactly sane right now after being reminded of his traumatic childhood. Not that it makes his decision correct.

While you did catch yourself by saying this "Of course they probably had a chance to escape so it's sorta their fault for sticking around." I just want to help you feel a little less sorry for them

I mean REALLY??? The ONE reason i can honestly say I don't feel sorry for any of them is because while being killed they were actively in the process of trying to MURDER other people. They had plans as 'pros' to kill ANYONE who got in there way. This includes an innocent looking gardner (Finny) who just happened to wake up and notice them. Of course it turns out this 'innocent' looking gardener' is actually a badass killer himself but the point is THEY didn't know that. They thought they could easily swooped in and kill a whole bunch of innocents just because their batshit crazy master told them to. Every single one of them who got killed had it coming because they too set out to kill others. I can't feel sorry for them.

Especially when Beast got angry after Joker died I'm just like wha??? After you were trying to assassinate a little girl in her sleep? Disgusting. I hate how people can just justify their actions this way.

The dice definitely rolled bad in their favour. They were born to shitty lives but in no way can their actions be justified.

I'm still waiting for it to come out that they weren't in control of their bodies or were hypnotized or some shit. THAT sort of thing would make me pity AND side with them.
Sep 4, 2014 7:53 PM

Aug 2008
Damn, what a great arc.

The only stupid thing was how Ciel told Sebastian to burn all the kids. Really? The whole point of the mission was to SAVE the kidnapped kids. By killing them all, how is Ciel any better than Baron Kelvin?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 4, 2014 8:00 PM

Apr 2007
Inugirlz said:
I can't feel sorry for them.
That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to at all. Besides, I wasn't trying to justify their actions in my post. If anything I stated why they felt their actions were justified and in the end they were just saved by the wrong guy. Though overall it seemed like Joker is the one who pushed them to follow Kelvin's orders, and they followed Joker more out of respect for him. Peter and Wendy are the only ones I was never sure of.
Sep 4, 2014 8:29 PM

Sep 2012
ooo kill em Sebas-chan

nothing better than a bit of comic relief from Grell right after the circus crew got slaughtered
Sep 4, 2014 8:58 PM

Jan 2014
Man this was a depressing episode. A-1 Pictures learned their lesson from the first Black Butler and made such an engaging ride of feels. I feel bad for both Ciel and Joker and the circus people. Man this series is just....wow
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2014 9:22 PM
May 2009
Micuko said:
ilok said:
So all the children are burned alive?

Yeah. I think it was a mercy kill though. Ciel has been through this so he'd know better than anybody else. Even if he wasn't exactly stable as he made that decision. But I don't think it was the wrong thing to do.
Those kids were dead inside. In the flashbacks you see Ciel struggling against the hands, trying to get free, trying to live. What did the little girl do? Nothing. She was lifeless and let herself be stabbed even without batting an eyelash. Those kids had no life left in them, death was the better option.

That girl could have been drugged. Or she could have recovered with a lot of time and treatment - how would you know for sure? And now all the kids are dead, so we will never actually know. It's arrogant to assume that because Ciel went through the same thing, he knows what's best for the kids, and that the best option is death. Ciel essentially took away any chance that these kids would have recovered through this so-called 'mercy' killing. There are a lot of people in real life who suffer from major depression who are also listless, and seem like hopeless cases for years...but some do recover. So, I will disagree with you; I believe it was wrong of him to kill the kids.

However, I can understand why he did it. He wasn't exactly in his right frame of mind, and Sebastian is not the kind of person who will refuse an order despite seeing how emotionally compromised his master is.

Inugirlz said:
Monochrome said:

While you did catch yourself by saying this "Of course they probably had a chance to escape so it's sorta their fault for sticking around." I just want to help you feel a little less sorry for them

I mean REALLY??? The ONE reason i can honestly say I don't feel sorry for any of them is because while being killed they were actively in the process of trying to MURDER other people. They had plans as 'pros' to kill ANYONE who got in there way. This includes an innocent looking gardner (Finny) who just happened to wake up and notice them. Of course it turns out this 'innocent' looking gardener' is actually a badass killer himself but the point is THEY didn't know that. They thought they could easily swooped in and kill a whole bunch of innocents just because their batshit crazy master told them to. Every single one of them who got killed had it coming because they too set out to kill others. I can't feel sorry for them.

Especially when Beast got angry after Joker died I'm just like wha??? After you were trying to assassinate a little girl in her sleep? Disgusting. I hate how people can just justify their actions this way.

The dice definitely rolled bad in their favour. They were born to shitty lives but in no way can their actions be justified.

I'm still waiting for it to come out that they weren't in control of their bodies or were hypnotized or some shit. THAT sort of thing would make me pity AND side with them.

Ultimately, I think that Monochrome wasn't trying to say that Joker and co.'s actions were justifiable - they weren't, they were utterly reprehensible - but that it was understandable why they were driven to do what they did. They weren't completely evil characters who killed others just for the pleasure... I think they felt genuine remorse but their guilt was eclipsed by feelings of being trapped in their lifestyle. Let's use an analogy. It's kind of like a pimp picking up an 8 year-old girl who has nowhere to go, no family, education, or money, and raising this girl for only one reason - prostitution. Having been raised by this pimp, the girl will inevitably be brainwashed and feel indebted, perhaps to the point where she feels that she has no other option but to stay within this lifestyle despite how unhappy she is.

So, in conclusion, what I'm trying to say is that Joker and co. did terrible things that should never be forgiven, but I can understand why they did them. This does not make their actions right. But, they were definitely not simple black-and-white villains.

Mod Edit: Merged double post. Please edit your previous post
TyrelSep 4, 2014 9:50 PM
Sep 4, 2014 9:33 PM

May 2008
Anyone else notice the scar the flower girl had on her temple?
Sep 4, 2014 9:36 PM
Sep 2014
(My first try ever to write here, hope I don't make to much mistakes)

I've read the comments about the children and I've wondered about the scars on every kid's forehead, like I don't really think they've been drugged, but rather there was some kind of surgeon to make them THAT calm. Considering the circumstances and the crazy doctor I don't think that is impossible and thus it would be impossible for them to recover.

It is still wrong to kill all the children.

I also was sad about Daggers, Beasts and Jokers deaths, but I have to admit, they deserved it for killing all these people (not just the children).
Sep 4, 2014 9:47 PM
May 2009
Mogeira said:
(My first try ever to write here, hope I don't make to much mistakes)

I've read the comments about the children and I've wondered about the scars on every kid's forehead, like I don't really think they've been drugged, but rather there was some kind of surgeon to make them THAT calm. Considering the circumstances and the crazy doctor I don't think that is impossible and thus it would be impossible for them to recover.

It is still wrong to kill all the children.

I also was sad about Daggers, Beasts and Jokers deaths, but I have to admit, they deserved it for killing all these people (not just the children).

You can't really mess up with posting comments :)
I didn't notice the scars on the kids, actually, so good catch. Yeah, if they really had a chunk of their brain taken out, I don't suppose they could recover. I wonder if we will ever know if that's what happened for sure, though.
sillyannaSep 4, 2014 10:05 PM
Sep 4, 2014 10:10 PM

Nov 2013
This was so spot on, I love how closely it follows the manga, it's amazing. I wish they did this again with other arcs, like the ship one and the zombies, that was my favorite.

It still bothers me how Ciel burns all the kids but seeing that scene where he breaks down was so tragic and epic. Like seeing that animated was beautiful. Great episode, great arc, best season of the anime ever, compared to season 2 this season is a masterpiece.
BISH IM IN NARNIA <3
Sep 4, 2014 10:30 PM

Jul 2014
Ok. Last episode I was wondering were Bard was? Ok. Give me some space *pushes_people_aside* BAAAAAAAAARRRD! He's awesome. I didn't know he can be so awesome. The kitchen scene - Bard in his element. Priceless!
And I said in the last episode that Meirin is not as awesome as she was before? Nevermind. I take it back.
And Finny, baby, you're a sweetie. A creepy sweetie, but still...
Damn, those three love to trash the place, don't they? Sebastian won't be happy.

Ah Grell... I know, I know, I know he's not supposed to really be here, but... but... Damn... I love him more than I should. So I'm happy. That reaction at Beast x Sebastian records... Yeah, he steals the show way to often. I sometimes wonder if Grell is there to make the show a bit lighter by providing some comic release, or to make it darker by showing some contrast with Ciel's personality.

Oh, fuck. The doctor was a surprise! Apparently for Joker too. He is crazy. Crazier than the baron. That death was too easy for him. And I STILL can't pity the circus members. I'm sorry. I must be heartless. And I'm not sure I understood: the doctor was the same person when Ciel was tortured? Or that was just a flashback because of the similar situation?

And I can understand why Ciel decided to burn everything and not save the children. Even if it's cruel. I mean, look at him. He's been thru that. And he's not normal anymore. And never will be. That trauma will not only haunt him. That trauma DEFINES him. And he lives only for the revenge for it. That made him heartless, cruel, an apathetic loner. He doesn't want that fate for those kids. Simple as that.

I feel like I'm gonna cry the next episode. Hell, I'm crying now. And not because what's gonna happen/is happening, but because the series is nearing it's end. I love Kuroshitsuji too much for my own good. My heart is too small and cold to contain so much love (for some freaking fictional characters/story. Am I normal? Probably not.) When this is finished, I'll have to re-watch everything and re-read everything to be able to wait for The Book of Murder with at least some peace of mind. And after that aires, to do it all over again.
I paused the episode so many times to write all this, that I need to watch it again.
Sep 5, 2014 12:06 AM

Jun 2013
Did bardroy pull an accelerator?? Damn blowing up that flour or something
Sep 5, 2014 12:46 AM

May 2011
Now I really want them to adapt the Ship Voyage Arc and Public School Arc (My favorite arcs in the manga especially the public school arc) but to do that they must animate the Phantomhive Manor Murders Arc first to introduce Snake. -_-
Sep 5, 2014 1:21 AM

Jun 2014
Satan-sama said:
Now I really want them to adapt the Ship Voyage Arc and Public School Arc (My favorite arcs in the manga especially the public school arc) but to do that they must animate the Phantomhive Manor Murders Arc first to introduce Snake. -_-

Well we didn't see any Snake or Doll in Episode 9... But Doll will appear in Episode 10 though. I wonder how they will conclude the series?

By the way it's an amazing episode as ever! It has different style of animation and animated well, and it's great to see the servants again~
Sep 5, 2014 1:47 AM

Aug 2014
I laughed when I saw Finny in this ep.. x3 I think that all characters voices are just perfect. :3
Sebastian... I loved that final scene when he burns everthing. ♥
Sep 5, 2014 2:23 AM
Aug 2011
Damn Ciel is NOT playing the good guy.
In fact he never was playing the good guy but it's still so very cruel to just burn everything. Even if the kids technically could not be saved.
That little girl was so cute too T__T.

Celestrial2 said:
yeah sebastian could easily have stopped that no problem

ciel wasn't stable enough to give the order though

Yeah he could have so easily stopped it all but he's not obliged to do anything whatsoever.

Dat fire wielding though. That scene could have been so delicious if not for everything that just had happened/was happening. WELP.
Sep 5, 2014 2:32 AM

Dec 2011
Bodyguards... LOL... you guys have no freaking idea what's lying in wait for you XD.

Goddamn Finnian's face was epic as hell to be honest.

It was rather interesting how Elizabeth managed to sleep with all of the noise that they made during their fights lol.

Damn... that HMG nest Bardroy had set up in his kitchen XD.

At last I got to see the Phantomhive employees kick some serious ass.

LOL, Sutcliff's reaction was freaking hilarious.

Awww, Joker... it's kinda late to regret things now...

LOL, the doctor just stood up and crushed Joker's hopes that he was "lame" like them... evil bastard...

Holy crap... I was sure he was going to say that he used the bodies of the kids that died as materials for his creations...

Why didn't anyone try to stop Doc form killing the little that used to sell flowers...

Um... so they just burnt the mansion down with the zombie kinds inside... was there no hope of turning them back to normal I wonder?

It's sad that the next episode is the end of this arc since it was really good and I can't wait for the Book of Murder that seems to adapt the "Phantomhive Manor Murder Case Arc" to air.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 5, 2014 3:57 AM

Dec 2012
Fuck everything,I liked Joker.

And goddamn gayass Ciel,he could at least save the children,but nooo,"KILL THEM ALL,BURN THEM ALL, I HAVE TRAUMA BC OF THIS ITS AN ORDER SEBASCHAN!!!!!"
As lame as always.
Sep 5, 2014 4:01 AM

Apr 2013
Grell getting jealous of beast was hilarious. That ending with Sebastian burning the mansion and those children o.o
Sep 5, 2014 4:12 AM

Jan 2008
Okay, I might be mistaken here, but that so called "mercy kill" is not based on "Ciel went through the same thing". Because he didn't. It was just Kelvin gathering information and recreating the scene but ultimately he was also obsessed with beauty and found that crazy doc who complied. The kids were being made into ceramic prosthetics, Ciel was a sacrificial lamb or whatever really happened then (is it ever explained? Aside of "oh shit, crazy cult stabbing children"?). Even though - I get why Ciel gave that order, he was emotionally compromised. I hope it will lead to some interesting scenes of him when the sanity kicks back in.

That being said - battle in the manor was awesome. I don't feel for the circus troupe at all. They got it coming and also seven episodes wasn't enough for me to make me care for them. The second part on the other hand was way too melodramatic and overplayed. I had high hopes for the Doc but all of his revelations were anticlimatic and rushed through soooo much.. Oh look, he can walk. Oh look, he's a crazy Doc. Oh look, he's even more insane than Kelvin. All of this in five minutes. And then they killed him. I guess Ciel's drama was the main focus of whole charade and everybody else was just prop for that and that's kinda sad. Overally they could opt for eleven episodes and make this part longer because it felt very lackluster and just there to make a "shocking revelation" because it fits the theme of the arc. And Sebastian in flames was just lol. Scenes like this make me remember why I'm not a fan of Kuroshitsuji, it's so pretentious and narmish sometimes it makes me laugh.
Sep 5, 2014 5:09 AM

Mar 2013
I was apprehensive about this anime. I really loved the original ones and I started this one with a bit of a heavy sigh, mostly because I recently found out a lot of my favourite things from the first two series plain weren't in the manga. But the past two episodes really surprised me in how good they were, and how they didn't fit into clichés I was worried they would. They could so easily have gone through some stupid forgiving redemption route with the circus, and I'm so glad they didn't. Getting so impactfully reminded that Ciel does his job at any cost with the help of a ruthless demon made this the best Black Butler anime so far, and my expectations for the last episode are incredibly high.
Sep 5, 2014 6:47 AM

Sep 2008
I must said that I like this season more than 1st and 2nd :)

Even if everything seems so fast, I like circus group and story,
but even if I liked Joker and his team I don't feel sad because of their deaths.

They weren't innocent...
Is kinda too late to reget...
Joker and his team killed people, kidnapped kids and saw how these children lose their lives in a cruel way and do nothing was it.
So I don't feel I should feel bad for them..

Last episode next week? ;(
Wish this series have more episodes.
Sep 5, 2014 8:36 AM

Mar 2010
I love about this anime that it's so messed up on so many levels yet no one is completely right or wrong. Ciel's order was wrong, we don't know what was with the kids, we can only assume. For all we know they could have been just drugged. The thing is, Ciel's mind got so extremely messed up that he murdered the kids he wanted to protect (otherwise he wouldn't stop the "show" where the kids were just dying). That's what trauma does to people. Can you say it was his fault? I doubt he even knew what was going on around him, there was only one thing he could focus on and there was no one to snap him out of it. Which is very sad but extremely realistic.
Sep 5, 2014 9:10 AM

Dec 2013
Good job on this episode, for the most part. I have to say that I'm genuinely annoyed at Grell's inclusion. At first, I thought it was amusing when he was mad at Beast, but then it just devolved into typical, annoying, thirsty Grell again--personally, the scenes with him that are actually supposed to be there are quite enough for me. We don't need extra.
I wish that they had cut the part with Grell and instead had added the part with Doll at the end of the episode. I think that would have been a better way to end the episode, in my opinion. I don't like the idea of it being at the beginning of the next episode.
And, for everyone freaking out over how Ciel let all the kids be burned alive, he talks about his actions later on, and it makes sense from his perspective with his traumatic past.
Also, the two Ciels theory honestly shouldn't be anymore believable after this episode. We all already knew that the kid on the table looked like Ciel; the anime is just telling it how it was written/drawn. [spoiler] It's much more likely that the kid on the table is the friend that Ciel seemed to have in the cage who was taken away; either that, or maybe that Ciel watched the other kid get stabbed but maybe felt like he himself was getting stabbed and in his mind, that's how it looked. [spoiler]
Sep 5, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2008
Wait,so all the kids got burn too? I really enjoy Book of Circus. The story line is very dark. It's not like the bad guys does bad things because they are evil,they just desperate.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 5, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2014
Nooo they all died D: i didn't wish for that...
and because of Ciel's trauma.. he was too ignorant to save the other children. Oh yes just burn them all, it is not like you were once one of them. I was also shocked that he didn't do anything when the girl got stabbed.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

148 by pendr4gonz »»
Yesterday, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2014

154 by Apratim »»
Apr 23, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

97 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

92 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 9:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.