Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 4, 2014 6:48 AM

Jul 2012
Wonderful episode. I liked it very much, and I'm so sorry that there are only 3 episodes left until the end of the series. Damn you Yoshihiro, I'm still excited to know what is going to happen with Killua and Kurapika.
Sep 4, 2014 10:11 AM

Sep 2011
ALSKDHSAKLFHDS NEXT EPISODE THO OMOGMOGG I WANNA SEE IT RN UGH
AND OH. GOD. I HAD GOOSEBUMPS THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EPISODE
Sep 4, 2014 10:49 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
My reaction to this episode.

"LOL"

But yeah Few more episodes then we will probably have to wait few years.
Sep 4, 2014 11:20 AM

Nov 2013
OMG GON IS HEALED! I AM LIKE AS HAPPY AS LEORIO RIGHT NOW!

But in all seriousness, Pariston and Ging's battles would be a great thing to highlight in the future. Their predictive and strategic capabilities are unmatched from what I've seen. Ughhh, so sad that this anime is gonna on break in 3 weeks :(

Sep 4, 2014 12:16 PM

Oct 2012
What a great episode.
Sep 4, 2014 2:06 PM

Aug 2009
dekopinn said:
I hate Ging so much rn.

Ditto. Never liked him so that's nothing new. I'm not even liking the fact that they are reunited, I don't even think he deserves that leisure.

Anyway. I just can't stop my love for Killua and Alluka scenes. Man they make my day. Leorio and Gon reuniting was amazing and I could really feel it. A bit over dramatic but that's okay.

Sep 4, 2014 2:34 PM

Oct 2013
To be fair to Ging it was kinda alluded through Pariston's explanation why Ging didn't go see Gon. He just trusted that friends of Gon will make him alright, well it's not far fetched to think that cause he has good deduction skills. But yea still a shit father :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Sep 4, 2014 7:46 PM

Dec 2011
The goal of the series has been finally met.
Gon meets Ging.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2014 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
Fiji said:
Not even quite.
Sep 5, 2014 1:21 AM

Nov 2010
Finally a really good ep. it was getting a bit slow for a while. sucks so bad its ending.
Sep 5, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2014
Awesome episode! Can't wait for the next one, Gons going to see his dad for the first time! :D But i must know what happened to Alluka&Killua. I can't believe theirs only 3 episodes left T-T its making me so sad just thinking about it! I don't want it to end!
Sep 5, 2014 7:37 PM
Aug 2014
The lack of Kurapika during these episodes of Gon's near-death is quite upsetting :(

Especially when you consider how worried both Leorio and Killua have shown themselves to be
Sep 5, 2014 8:04 PM

May 2007
Finally the moment of truth next episode. I'm also curious about Killua's current situation.
Sep 6, 2014 4:16 AM
May 2013
Wow!! Leorio should be a professional long and high jumper LOL! was a really emotional scene though. Glad to see Gon on his feet again! - Looking forward to seeing his conversation with Gin....
Annoyed that Pariston is going to be chairman :-(
Sep 6, 2014 4:27 AM

Jan 2014
GalekC said:
Fiji said:
Not even quite.

Exactly. Pariston is yet to be officially chairman.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 6, 2014 6:07 AM

Mar 2013
It would be awesome as hell if leoreo got to be chairman, he needs something big to happen for himself after being out of the picture for so long.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 6, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
"Who's the bald guy?" lol.

Great job this time, Madhouse. I can't believe there are only 3 episodes left.. -_-

HxH ratings rose by a point? :)
Sep 6, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2014
looooooooool Gon met Ging finally. Time to pay child support, Ging. xD

dynamie said:
were the 10 commandments ever mentioned in the show? Not that they matter anymore but I want to know.

should have been in ep 144 but the anime cut that part out
http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Bylaws
Sep 6, 2014 1:12 PM
Sep 2014
Im still confused why illumi was laughing so hard. Can someone tell me?
Sep 6, 2014 1:59 PM

Nov 2011
Am I the only one that was underwhelmed? ._.;

Nanika's healing ability seems rather OP. I don't even see any strings attached to it at this point (if I'm forgetting something, feel free to correct me). What made it worse is that things seem to be "going back to normal". It's not that I don't want Leorio and the others to be happy that Gon is okay, or even that I don't want Gon to be unhappy to see everyone... It's just that he literally woke up out of what was played up to be the most traumatic and hate-driven act in his life, and he's all hunky-dory typical Gon. I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but eh. It makes all of his development in the Chimera Ant arc feel pointless.

Maybe I'm calling it too soon, but given that the anime ends in a few weeks, I'm not too hopeful.

The part with Pariston was interesting enough. I do wonder how Gon's meeting with Ging will go next episode.
Sep 6, 2014 2:13 PM

Jun 2009
TripleSRank said:
Am I the only one that was underwhelmed? ._.;

Nanika's healing ability seems rather OP. I don't even see any strings attached to it at this point (if I'm forgetting something, feel free to correct me). What made it worse is that things seem to be "going back to normal". It's not that I don't want Leorio and the others to be happy that Gon is okay, or even that I don't want Gon to be unhappy to see everyone... It's just that he literally woke up out of what was played up to be the most traumatic and hate-driven act in his life, and he's all hunky-dory typical Gon. I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but eh. It makes all of his development in the Chimera Ant arc feel pointless.

Maybe I'm calling it too soon, but given that the anime ends in a few weeks, I'm not too hopeful.

The part with Pariston was interesting enough. I do wonder how Gon's meeting with Ging will go next episode.

There actually is fallout with Gon being "revived" but that was only revealed in the current manga arc and most likely won't be in the anime. But, honestly, your reaction is the one I expected most people to have. Weird that people are taking to it so well, as I didn't care for this when I first read it either.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 6, 2014 2:19 PM

Mar 2012
it's too early to have Remorse Gon, I mean we just saw him go nuts do we want him to just feel regret and sorrow? That would actually revert him to normal.

No, I'd rather have the desensitized Gon, the one who'd say "kite is alive after all but screw Pitou still" and embark further on the journey of discovering the HxH world.
End Zionazism
Sep 7, 2014 3:56 AM

Mar 2009
RedRoseFring said:
GalekC said:
Not even quite.

This is only the prequel to the real series. :) Shits going down, but it will be in like 2-3 arcs time. (if ever aired).

Ever wondered about where that healing/wishgranting girl comes from? Or the chimera ants? Or what Ging has been doing all this time? ;)
ZnoteSep 7, 2014 4:01 AM
Sep 7, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
Znote said:
RedRoseFring said:

This is only the prequel to the real series. :) Shits going down, but it will be in like 2-3 arcs time. (if ever aired).

Ever wondered about where that healing/wishgranting girl comes from? Or the chimera ants? Or what Ging has been doing all this time? ;)

Sep 7, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2013
I like the ending part in this episode. Good episode.
Sep 7, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2011
THE HELL was this episode. It was just so touching! *^*
First of all, Pariston is really what Ging said xD They are so alike. And omg, he foresaw all the crap that was going to happen, what an amazing and frightful dude.
Second of all, that HAND... '-'
Third of all, Gon and Leorio are so cute! I support the idea of Ging pass parenthood for Leorio.

And last, finally the main goal of the series was reached. (or not)

Ging's face xD

The_Mad_Wizard said:

Is it from Pangya, isn't it? lol
Sky345Sep 7, 2014 1:51 PM

Sep 7, 2014 8:41 PM

Dec 2011
Sky345 said:

Third of all, Gon and Leorio are so cute! I support the idea of Ging pass parenthood for Leorio.

Those two. They could be brothers... or father and son. Srsly. I'm totally srs.
Sep 8, 2014 2:42 AM

Nov 2011
...On another note, I wonder how long it'll take everyone to realize Gotoh is dead. :/
Sep 8, 2014 2:44 AM

Jun 2013
TripleSRank said:
...On another note, I wonder how long it'll take everyone to realize Gotoh is dead. :/

There is an explanation for that too.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 8, 2014 6:08 AM

May 2013
I hated how easy Gon got healed back when I read these chapters. I was hoping that Illumi/Hisoka would kill Alluka simply because her powers, they are too much for a series that had a balenced powerscale up untill now but I trully enjoyed this episode. I don't know if it's because I see Alluka powers in a different light or I just missed HxH.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Sep 8, 2014 6:52 AM

Sep 2011
Sky345 said:

The_Mad_Wizard said:

Is it from Pangya, isn't it? lol

Yes.
Though I found it in DN SEA game forum.
Sep 8, 2014 7:20 PM

May 2013
Amazing episode! So glad Gon is back!!!!!!!!!!! It was cute seeing that moment with Gon and Leorio hugging! Can't wait for that reunion though! LOL Ging is hilarious, he's been on the run for like 12 years now lol. Can't wait for next weeks episode! Hunter X Hunter is amazing. So sad that it's ending :(

Sep 9, 2014 4:08 PM

May 2013
This was fantastic.

Very heartwarming. There isn't much to say, as the episode speaks for itself. I must say, though, seeing Gon after so long (like three months in real time) felt more than a little weird. The fact that I can say that about the main character of the series is really a testament to Togashi's ability to craft a thrilling and great narrative without the main character around. Gon's role in this arc was almost nonexistent, aside from being the root cause for the events in one half of it.

I figured Pariston was stalling for Gon to appear. It's interesting that Pariston, the cold, calculating, and often deceitful manipulator, ended up relying so much on the compassion and love of Gon's friends and Ging's confidence to succeed in what he wanted to do. A fine little piece of irony.

Gon's state was horrifying, btw. My heart broke for Killua at that moment. I'm glad we were shown that, though, as it gives us an idea of just how terribly Gon's transformation ruined him.

And it's hard to believe, but after 145 episodes, Gon has finally found Ging. It's a momentous moments and occurred under circumstances far different from what I imagined. How Togashi handles this will be very interesting.....
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Sep 10, 2014 3:24 AM

Oct 2012
i bet the 2 1/5 votes haven't even watched the entire series.
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Sep 10, 2014 6:01 AM

Mar 2013
Kyzen said:
I'm the third 1/5 voter. I did it for kicks after seeing you whine about it lol
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 10, 2014 6:17 AM

Jan 2014
Kyzen said:

There are far more of those in other series' threads. Consider this one lucky.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Sep 10, 2014 11:26 PM

Feb 2014
Them feels, even though I was expecting em lol. Alluka tho, and Killua with that pained face <3 Missed Gon's jumps lol

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Sep 15, 2014 7:41 AM

Apr 2013
Now there is nowhere to run Ging!!! So you better sit where you are.
Sep 18, 2014 7:42 AM

May 2014
One of the best episode I've ever seen!
It really made me cry. And finally, Gon has seen Ging!
But what really bothers me is, where is Killua? O.o
Sep 28, 2014 3:16 AM

Nov 2013
PARISTON YOU FUCKING GENIUS!

Oct 10, 2014 11:07 PM

Apr 2014
this episode made me so hype
Oct 25, 2014 7:01 PM

Jan 2012
Pariston seems to respect gin and even trust him as an enemy

Jan 6, 2015 2:08 AM

Dec 2014
When Killua saw just how bad Gon really was put a tear in my eye. With 3 episodes left we're finally going to get to see Gon meet his father, exciting! I almost don't want to watch these last few episodes because I don't want it to end lol.
Jan 14, 2015 5:18 PM

Jan 2010
Absolutely hated this episode. I'm all for camaraderie and ultimate heal but becoming a kid again is too much. Gon should have had his wounds healed but he should have aged and lost his arm.
I"ve lost all respect for the show. I hope there is something with Killua part that will make me feel better.
I"m not hating on Gon being healed up but it absolutely disgusts me thinking that he got away with everything. Oh, I'm gonna sacrifice my leg next time. No prob I"ll get healed anyway.
Jan 14, 2015 6:00 PM

Jun 2009
That moment when you want to say how Gon didn't get away without anything to bite him, but it would be spoiler territory.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 16, 2015 3:04 AM

Aug 2011
KazukiHakkai said:
Absolutely hated this episode. I'm all for camaraderie and ultimate heal but becoming a kid again is too much. Gon should have had his wounds healed but he should have aged and lost his arm.
I"ve lost all respect for the show. I hope there is something with Killua part that will make me feel better.
I"m not hating on Gon being healed up but it absolutely disgusts me thinking that he got away with everything. Oh, I'm gonna sacrifice my leg next time. No prob I"ll get healed anyway.

He gained that power just to defeat Neferpitou, even before being healed, his body returned to be a kid's body. Damn, you can even see a scene where Killua is carrying Gon's body on his shoulders after the fight with Neferpitou. Why the hell people criticize something if they can't pay attention to details?
Also, the wish was to take Gon as he was before, so there is no problem with what happened and, as insan3Inquisitor said, Gon actually lost something and if you are smart enough you can guess what it is.
Jan 16, 2015 12:36 PM

Mar 2014
ValeBreck said:
Also, the wish was to take Gon as he was before, so there is no problem with what happened and, as insan3Inquisitor said, Gon actually lost something and if you are smart enough you can guess what it is.

That's the thing with Togashi taking another long ass hiatus. It will take a long time for people to find out that there were long-lasting/permanent consequences with Gon's creed & limitation.

OR they could just watch ep. 131 again.
Jan 16, 2015 5:55 PM

Jan 2010
ValeBreck said:
KazukiHakkai said:

He gained that power just to defeat Neferpitou, even before being healed, his body returned to be a kid's body. Damn, you can even see a scene where Killua is carrying Gon's body on his shoulders after the fight with Neferpitou. Why the hell people criticize something if they can't pay attention to details?

Ok, let me rephrase and summarize. My main objection I have is Gon getting away without any consequence from what I've seen. I haven't read the manga so I have no idea what consequence others are talking about. I have watched the episode where Neferpitou says he may lose his ability to use nen and lose years of life force. We all know there is someone who can cure the nen thing and concerning age. If he really did lose his life force he is not gonna live until he is very old and when you're old and can't do anything anyway. You see my point he is going to live and enjoy his youth.
This series would have been much better if Gon could not go back to being a kid as a consequence of using that power. If others see different that its their opinion just like I have mine.
I'm really happy with what happened with Killua part after this episode though. It was much much better than this ep.
Jan 16, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2014
KazukiHakkai said:
ValeBreck said:

Ok, let me rephrase and summarize. My main objection I have is Gon getting away without any consequence from what I've seen. I haven't read the manga so I have no idea what consequence others are talking about. I have watched the episode where Neferpitou says he may lose his ability to use nen and lose years of life force. We all know there is someone who can cure the nen thing and concerning age. If he really did lose his life force he is not gonna live until he is very old and when you're old and can't do anything anyway. You see my point he is going to live and enjoy his youth.
This series would have been much better if Gon could not go back to being a kid as a consequence of using that power. If others see different that its their opinion just like I have mine.
I'm really happy with what happened with Killua part after this episode though. It was much much better than this ep.

That's just Deus ex Alluka for you ;)
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 16, 2015 8:15 PM

Jan 2010
RedRoseFring said:

That's just Deus ex Alluka for you ;)

Haha.... just realiized the most powerful being in this anime might as well be Alluka right now. I wonder if Killua can say 'Something' to give him unlimited electricity? :O
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.