Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 27, 2014 9:18 PM

May 2012
luffyzero said:
Nerorex said:
Really enjoyed Leorio's speech, happy to have him back for this arc because I really missed him and Kurapika in the Chimera Ant arc.

Tell your entire families and friends to come and discuss in this thread. This thread needs all the help it can get, it's too dead!

No one wants to comment on this thread anymore, it seems they either got bored of the series, or because they heard it will end soon, it killed there hype train.

So it seems the little bit of people that comment here are the true fans. So the hxh fanbase mostly consist of bandwagoners! LMAO!

At least I'm giving this thread some life! I'm going to support this thread until it ends!

Your not a very good troll
Aug 27, 2014 9:38 PM

Mar 2014
bleachjoj said:
luffyzero said:

Tell your entire families and friends to come and discuss in this thread. This thread needs all the help it can get, it's too dead!

No one wants to comment on this thread anymore, it seems they either got bored of the series, or because they heard it will end soon, it killed there hype train.

So it seems the little bit of people that comment here are the true fans. So the hxh fanbase mostly consist of bandwagoners! LMAO!

At least I'm giving this thread some life! I'm going to support this thread until it ends!

Your not a very good troll

He's a confusing one. Just check his list X_X
Aug 28, 2014 12:38 AM

Sep 2009
so close to the anime's ending and i still caved and read the next scenes.

i really don't get why leorio's speech is getting him all this support though. sure, it shows that he's genuine about his feelings and may imply that he really cares about his best friend, so maybe he'll care about you too, but still. it proves nothing about his qualification as chairman. and his only goal/plan is for everyone to help gon. isn't that a little selfish even though it's an entirely selfless request? i don't know.

well. if leorio wins i will table flip.
Aug 28, 2014 2:06 AM

Feb 2014
xxSaspra said:
so close to the anime's ending and i still caved and read the next scenes.

i really don't get why leorio's speech is getting him all this support though. sure, it shows that he's genuine about his feelings and may imply that he really cares about his best friend, so maybe he'll care about you too, but still. it proves nothing about his qualification as chairman. and his only goal/plan is for everyone to help gon. isn't that a little selfish even though it's an entirely selfless request? i don't know.

well. if leorio wins i will table flip.

Because he is the most "realistic" one on the eyes of those hunters while the other 3 is politicians. Mizai and Cheadle spoke in a really political ways to kick out Pariston and those hunters probably aware of it(actually it's not that hard). Then Leorio came and rather than speak a shit about this chairman, he spoke about wanting to save his friend instead.

To stay like that is Leorio's advantage as his majority voters is the swing voters who might goes to Pariston to end the election fast. His speech is better than Cheadle and Mizai so he deserved a little applause for being the genuine one is good.

Anyway, i don't know how to put it into words, but this episode kinda lack it's feel. I am kinda disappointed. The manga far better.
Aug 28, 2014 3:32 AM

Apr 2011
Pariston is a idiot never liked him. But I hope LeOreo becomes the next chairman.
Aug 28, 2014 7:42 AM

May 2014
Whoever chose the soundtracks for this episode is a total idiot , he just destroyed leorio's speech and everything good about this episode with misused soundtracks
AkabawiAug 28, 2014 6:24 PM
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Aug 28, 2014 8:43 AM

Jun 2009
Akabawi said:
Whoever choose the soundtracks for this episode is a total idiot , he just destroyed leorio's speech and everything good about this episode with misused soundtracks

Bad placement of soundtracks has been a problem more often than not, imo.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 28, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2011
insan3soldiern said:
Akabawi said:
Whoever choose the soundtracks for this episode is a total idiot , he just destroyed leorio's speech and everything good about this episode with misused soundtracks

This
The soundtracks are good, but they make a bad use of them.
Aug 28, 2014 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
trizkut said:
I can't help but think of Chopper whenever Cheadle speaks. I don't think I have that problem with any of the VA's other roles

So this ^

Only 4 episodes left now :(
Aug 28, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2010
What a boring episode. I nearly lost my cool watching this.
Aug 28, 2014 5:11 PM

Dec 2011
Hyack said:

Not happening, bro.
Aug 28, 2014 6:28 PM

May 2014
ValeBreck said:
insan3soldiern said:

This
The soundtracks are good, but they make a bad use of them.

You are right , there are loads of soundtracks that they can use and even though I heard people complaining about it , it was nothing compared to what happened this episode , Madhouse is not taking the elections part seriously in my opinion.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Aug 29, 2014 5:39 PM

Apr 2013
A bad adaptation for this episode
I hope the next one to be adapted better
Aug 29, 2014 5:40 PM

Sep 2012
Celestrial2 said:
the slow clap for leorio was great.

actually leorio is just great in general
Hyack said:
Best HxH

by far
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 29, 2014 11:00 PM

Jul 2012
I hope Leorio does becomes the next chairman. That'll make things pretty interesting :)
Aug 30, 2014 1:16 AM
May 2013
Leorio for Chairman! Great episode~ Next episode will be so much more interesting~ ^_^
Aug 30, 2014 10:24 AM
Mar 2009
Was sorta disappointed that it was just about politics but it was not a bad episode, still liked it, all things considered.
Aug 30, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
Leorio getting closer to the top, would love to see a rookie hunter as the president!
Aug 31, 2014 5:09 AM

May 2013
Lol Leorio's speech was hilarious. Interesting episode. I'm glad to see why Ging let Leorio punch him.

Aug 31, 2014 6:46 AM

Sep 2013
Hyack said:

This!
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 31, 2014 8:40 AM
Aug 2014
There's just something about Ging that really annoys me, I just wanna see Leorio punch him again

(Ps Leorio's speech was FABULOUS; though not as great as the Manga)
Aug 31, 2014 3:51 PM

Aug 2009
Hey,

does pariston is weak fighter? I dont get it. I thought, that he is overpower.
Aug 31, 2014 4:22 PM

Feb 2014
mareczek65 said:
Hey,

Don't take all their talk as the "truth".
Don't you know Pariston just playing around. You are easy prey to Pariston. XD
Aug 31, 2014 4:25 PM

Aug 2009
Flashoftheback said:
mareczek65 said:
Hey,

Don't take all their talk as the "truth".
Don't you know Pariston just playing around. You are easy prey to Pariston. XD

Dont worry bro, i just provocated you to confirm awesomes of pariston.

I didnt read the manga, and that why i gave hisoka and netero to my fav char, but pariston need to be spotted :D
Aug 31, 2014 4:39 PM

Aug 2014
mareczek65 said:
Hey,

almost definitely physically weak because sitting on his expensive chairs all day
Aug 31, 2014 5:03 PM

Feb 2014
red_hero said:
mareczek65 said:
Hey,

almost definitely physically weak because sitting on his expensive chairs all day

Don't forget he probably takes much time just to decide "which suit he gonna wear today".
Aug 31, 2014 10:22 PM

Jul 2014
insan3soldiern said:
I'm not sure what it is, but I didn't like Leorio's speech near as much here as I did in the manga.

Me too, sadly. I felt Leorio's speech more in the manga. I thought that scene would be much better animated and voiced, but oh well.

I always find it amusing, Cheadle's hate in every Pariston does that is. I like Pariston and his sparkles but yeah, he's such a troll.

4 episodes to go. *sighs* Togashi's on another week of hiatus, as usual. Back pain be gone... :'(
Aug 31, 2014 11:27 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty funny speech by Leorio. Leorio for chairman. Parriston is really fun to watch. I like his suits and his trollish nature.
Sep 1, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2013
mareczek65 said:
Hey,

Triple Hunter, Zodiacs, Vice-Chairman, high intelligence(very important in hxh), He have 5000 ants in his possession, look very strong to me.
Sep 2, 2014 12:11 AM

Aug 2012
Ending soon T.T
Sep 2, 2014 5:28 PM

May 2014
YucchinZoldyck said:
insan3soldiern said:
I'm not sure what it is, but I didn't like Leorio's speech near as much here as I did in the manga.

Me too, sadly. I felt Leorio's speech more in the manga. I thought that scene would be much better animated and voiced, but oh well.

I always find it amusing, Cheadle's hate in every Pariston does that is. I like Pariston and his sparkles but yeah, he's such a troll.

4 episodes to go. *sighs* Togashi's on another week of hiatus, as usual. Back pain be gone... :'(

The Soundtrack used ruined the speech, that is why I couldn't feel it
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Sep 2, 2014 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
"Forget the part about jerking off." LOL
"Komugi, are you there?"

Sep 5, 2014 6:53 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty average episode? Not to much to comment on, it was just a plain episode.
Sep 8, 2014 2:26 AM

May 2013
This was nothing special other than few Pariston scenes. The fact that he has 5000 ants is something big.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Sep 9, 2014 3:51 PM

May 2013
Very good episode, the politics and mind games are still as fun and sharp as ever.

I really liked Ging's conversation with Cheadle in the beginning, mostly for the insight it gave into his character. I noticed that he kept phrasing the election as a 'game,' and not as a grand event that could determine the Hunter Association's future. In Ging's view, it's nothing more than a fun contest to secure votes. This makes sense: we know that Ging is obsessed with fun and games, quite literally. The most direct indication of this is Greed Island itself, which Ging had a major part in making. Since the beginning of this arc we've seen over and over how Ging values his personal enjoyment above almost everything else. It's that constant desire to have a good time and freely indulge in games that makes Ging such an irresponsible father. He simply can't be bothered to settle down and care for a son; such a commitment is beyond him. He's not necessarily a bad person, but he is a very poor father.

It makes sense that he'd understand Pariston best. Their rivalry is made interesting by the fact that they are so fundamentally similar. They just want to have fun. That's the only reason Pariston is in all this. Perhaps the most interesting thing Ging said is that Pariston is the only one of the remaining candidates who wants to carry on Netero's will. Earlier this arc Ging told Beans that he only wants to carry on Netero's will as well. This is yet another parallel between the two, and it's intriguing just how true it is. After all, Netero enjoyed playing games (the Hunter Exam certainly resembles one) and was always looking for ways to entertain himself in a world that no longer challenged him (until the Chimera Ants came along, of course.) It is ironic that the remaining members of the Zodiacs want to eliminate the one person in the election that is most like Netero with the belief that this is what would be best for Netero's former organization. Ging alludes to this, and implies that the other Zodiacs weren't fond of Netero, which extends to Pariston, who is so similar to him, as well.

Another nice piece of irony was that Cheadle, the one who represents Dog and thus loyalty and obedience, is so adamant in rebelling against everything Ging says. As he said, that keeps him from telling her how to beat Pariston, as she would simply ignore him. Also, Leorio's speech was completely in character. Leorio, never stop being you.

Great character dynamics all about.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Sep 28, 2014 2:53 AM

Nov 2013
Leorio better fucking win

Oct 10, 2014 10:11 PM

Apr 2014
Pariston's way of thinking and acting is impressive
Oct 25, 2014 6:41 PM

Jan 2012
Ging is so lazy.

Mar 25, 2015 3:05 AM

Jun 2009
May 25, 2015 6:28 PM

Mar 2015
Leorio for President.
Nov 3, 2015 7:05 PM

Jun 2015
[size=90]Pariston is one sneaky bastard.

Hope Cheadle will become the chairman.
Leorio isn't bad either... I guess.

Jan 21, 2016 9:51 AM

Jun 2015
They really hate pariston that much.
Feb 19, 2016 3:57 AM

Oct 2012
Leorio's speech wow
He's really the best! xD

SaddyK said:

I really dislike Cheadle's voice

How? How can you just hate Chopper & Pikachu's voice? xD
"Signature removed"
May 9, 2016 7:08 PM

Jan 2016
Leorio for President!
Jul 22, 2016 9:56 AM

Sep 2015
I don't watch many shounen adaptations, or anime over fifty episodes for that matter. So I'm a little floored I'm so close to the end of this series. Almost every plotline of this arc is advanced towards its logical conclusion this time, and with both of the major ones it seems like it won't be long now before they're over. For starters Killua and Alluka have finally made it to Gon's hospital bed. I'm pretty excited for this, it feels like it's been so long since we've seen Gon. Once or twice in the Alluka story I kind of forgot he existed and was driving all this. And when he is healed, it won't be long before he finally reunites with Ging.

Over in the Chairman elections it seems Leeorio is being set up to win the election. Cheadle and Ging have both concluded he's the one who is capable of beating Pariston. While I'd be happy to see Leeorio beat the rat, I was a little shaky on his big speech. When he started talking I was excited expecting them to give us some great stuff that would convincingly win Leeorio the election. But this didn't really do that for me. Maybe something was lost in translation but it just seemed rambling and incoherent. It definitely didn't convince me Leeorio could dark horse this election. Unless everyone in the audience has been affected by Gon, I can't see why most of them would care. The part about jerking off was funny though.

Most of this episode shifted focus from Killua and Alluka to the chairman election. Ultimately I think it just showed how much weaker this plotline is than the other. But it still kept the series impressive hot streak going near the end. It was cool seeing random Gon allies like Panzu and Bisky guarding his hospital room even if none of them said or did anything. Pretty excited for the next episode.
Sep 21, 2016 5:28 AM

Aug 2010
Ging is really good at predicting/anticipating things...due to his foresight I kinda hope he'll be the chairman but then again he sees everything as a game so he doesn't seem like he'll suit a role of responsibility such as that of a chairman..

Damn, what does Pariston want to do with the ants' eggs?! Use them as soldiers??? Or experimental toys in NGL?? If so, he's no better than the chimera ants!!!!! Hopefully these ants' eggs won't be misused, perhaps they're better off destroyed - if possible. Really can't stand Pariston and his facial expressions (them fake smiles) lol I think the seiyuu did a good job of portraying him as a slimy person through his voice

At this point I don't know who I'm rooting for for the chairman - maybe no one orz

What makes Leorio's speech worth the applause lol I don't know >__< But his speech makes me wonder, does that mean all of the hunters are aware of really what transpired at East Gateau with Meruem and the royal guards and the group of hunters who were there? So they know of Gon as well??

And if Gon needs a Nen exorcist, won't Hina be able to help? Though I doubt what Gon needs is a Nen exorcist? Hopefully Killua is able to save Gon without sacrificing himself...
blue-ySep 21, 2016 5:35 AM
Oct 25, 2016 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
Piyon so cute. :)

Beautiful speech, Leorio. It takes a real man to admit to a crowd that he jerks off.

LMAO at Leorio saying forget the part about jerking off.

I did not appreciate the crowd being disrespectful to my waifu.

Pariston must be stopped.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 27, 2016 12:28 AM

Sep 2015
I like how a lot of ppl Gon met along his adventure were guarding the hospital place. #TrueAlliesAndFriends

Lol now all the hunters know Leorio jerks off lmao funny how he said that to public. Vote for Leorio! His speech gave many ppl inspiration and respect. Glad to see why Ging saw potential in Leorio and now Cheadle & Miza too.
Nov 24, 2016 2:00 PM

Jun 2016
Leorio Jerk Off LMAO. I love his Theme Song.
Jul 16, 2017 5:18 AM
Jun 2016
I kinda like the politics of hxh, also Leorio and his speech was gold. Hope he will win.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.