Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 22, 2014 6:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh now we get some Erza and Jellal screen time..

The typical usual episode I guess with Natsu vs Shadow Rogue again. Not too much happened. I hope some of these fights don't get dragged too much. I like how Elfman fought though in the episode.

Oh Juvia. You misunderstood that. AGAIN. Oh poor Gray.
Stark700Aug 22, 2014 7:21 PM
Aug 22, 2014 7:30 PM

Dec 2009
Been waiting for this moment to be animated, and it actually didn't disappoint. RIP Gray.
Aug 22, 2014 7:46 PM
Sep 2012
Whoo what an episode. Well first we start off with Ultear who confeses that she was the master mind behind Jellal's evilness to Millanna and unknowingly Kagura. Personally to the Mermaid Heel girls I know you are pissed off about Simon's death, but you know dragaons are destroying the world, let's worry about that first, and Ultear pretty much says the samething. Small chance here from the manga, when Ultear confeses, it is Erza that tries to stop her, but in the manga it was Jellal. It makes more sense for Jellal not Ultear to steal the blame from him and they are comrades, Erza being the one to try to stop her, kind or makes me less sense.

Also in the manga when we see Ultear top herself from killing Rogue, that was clearly a flashback inbetween the end of the last episode and the first scene here. Here it is more clear, one can think when Ultear was having that talk with Millianna, that she was on her way to kill present Rogue, and than had a change of heart.

I am trying not to spoil what will happen in the next episode, but the anime could have added more people that died or dying in this episode, I mean why not consider what will happen, only makes things more intense. I thought for sure they were adding Lucy to that list, when Flare of all people saves her. That is added on in the anime, that did not happen in the manga, but actually necessary, once again try not spoil things, consider what Lucy's reaction is the next time she sees Flare, you have to establish the beginning of Flare's redemption, that moment in the manga was only adapted in the OVAs, so anime only viewers might be confused over what happens next time Lucy sees Flare. So it is a add on, but a necessary add on.

Could have used less of characters like Jet, Droy, and Macaro, am I suppose to feel those charactrers can do any sugnificant, give me more Cobra. Speaking of which, I loved the way he told Ichiya to stay out of his way.

When Juvia thought Gray was purposing, I thought it was the wrong time and place for comedy. Nice to Melody, but I wish she gets to do more. And it is not going to get any better with that, that is a shame. Because of Juvia' stupidity, Gray is dead. It was a total shock to me, RIP Gray. We all know Gray will be fine somehow. That was my thought when I read this in the manga, I did not think for a moment Gray was going to die. So he will be fine, but how, and what will Ultear do next?

This episode was great, I give it a 10 / 10, what the hell.
blfanAug 22, 2014 7:52 PM
Aug 22, 2014 7:48 PM

Dec 2013
Only 1 thing happened that entire episode. =/

But it was a pretty big deal I suppose.
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Aug 22, 2014 7:56 PM

Feb 2014
Wow that ending made for one hell of an episode! Holy crap! Juvia you poor thing you misunderstood him again. Now Fairy Tail is down one great wizard. RIP Gray....I think I have an idea what is going to happen next episode. It kinda had some foreshadowing with the preview. Funny thing is that I skimmed through one of the volumes of the manga where I thought I left off and sure enough I turn right to the page where this same thing just happened in the show talk about predicting the future there. What a fantastic episode!! 5/5 on that one definitely looking forward to the next week!
Aug 22, 2014 8:08 PM
Jul 2014
We will see one pissed off Juvia in the next ep ( even though just for a few seconds :P and that preview and name spoiled it enough )
Aug 22, 2014 8:10 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode indeed, I wonder what will happen next episode. I hope the fights move on to their next stage quickly through, we have had Natsu riding a dragon fighting Rogue for to long now.

Felt like the parts with the side characters and Happy were a little bit forced into it to fill the episode, but I liked it anyhow.
Most intense part of Fairy Tail ever: Grey RIP.
"But there's nothing wrong to worrying. It's like a wall you need to overcome, to make it to the next level. If you're running up against that wall, it means you're moving forward. I wonder how many walls I've broken up until now, but if you wont move yourself, you will never get anywhere." - Aiko Muto

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PersonX&sclick=1]
Aug 22, 2014 8:10 PM
Aug 2012
My dude Gray died? Say it an't so I just watched it. I love that character a lot.
Aug 22, 2014 8:28 PM

Aug 2013
I haven't read the manga so what happened to Grey definitely surprised me. It seems obvious that they intend for him to die, but I don't know. I might have teared up a little bit, mostly out of surprise that one of the primary characters is going to die.
Aug 22, 2014 8:57 PM

Mar 2008
This was an awesome episode. They actually showed the last one that blew his skull apart. =O I was expecting them to censor his entire death as well. Glad they didn't.
Aug 22, 2014 9:12 PM

Aug 2013
Decent episode I mean no dragon slayer has yet to defeat at least one dragon yet.

I'm really curios as to what Lucy needs to tell them, if she was going to say something that might have prevent Gray from getting shot MULTIPLE TIMES (╥﹏╥) then I'm going to freaking flip.
GRAY </3
Aug 22, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty sure tht gray will be somehow saved. i have a feeling it will have to do something with time travel too,thts seems to be the theme in this arc.
Aug 22, 2014 10:19 PM

Jul 2013
OMG Gray Nooooooooo

😱😱😱😫😫 you must be joking right?!!! 😱😫
Aug 22, 2014 11:00 PM

Apr 2012
Q_Q

Og God, Gray's death wasnt expected. I really hope they save him, but... they shoot him even in the head! in the head! ;;
Aug 22, 2014 11:03 PM

Mar 2014
no not freakin Gray shit i thought that was gonna be a comedic scene was not ready for that at all
Aug 22, 2014 11:12 PM

Jul 2011
blfan said:

Now that's what I call a great episode review. next time be the first please. lol. Anyways

Totes. so in order for me to understand what Flare's actions mean, i should watch an ova? or read the manga? what?

Anywho...yeah i'm pretty sure Gray is not going to die. This isn't that type of anime. And what is the important stuff Lucy has to tell everyone. I still can't believe Natsu would just leave her alone after all that's been happening.

But great episode overall.

PS. i hope Ultear comes to her senses and fights to help. Instead of ending her own life and solving nothing.
Aug 22, 2014 11:32 PM
Mar 2010
MoonxArtemis said:
Totes. so in order for me to understand what Flare's actions mean, i should watch an ova? or read the manga? what?

The OVA titled "The Exciting Ryuzetsu Land" adapts chapter 298 and is set on the night of the third day. It includes a small segment wherein Flare shows up briefly to apologize to Lucy. Anyone that did not read the manga, or watch the ova will likely be confused as to why Flare is suddenly helping Lucy when Flare was last seen being hauled away by the guards after Raven Tail cheated.
Aug 22, 2014 11:54 PM

Jan 2011
An intense episode with an apparent MC death and Ultear's confession and subsequent meltdown. It looks like the capital is pretty much destroyed with no victories over the dragons (other than Natsu's) and the non-dragon slayers dealing with a seemingly endless supply of laser equipped dragonettes. I suspect that we'll see Juvia go batshit crazy on the ones that killed Gray next time.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 23, 2014 12:06 AM

Jun 2009
Part of me thinks that Gray will be back somehow. Don't know how.....but he will be back and living.
Aug 23, 2014 12:31 AM

Apr 2013
I was so sure that they would end this ep w/ a cliffhanger. Just like in the manga. Now good episode. Fighting the dragons and losing. Milliana and Kagura learned that it wasn't Jellal but Ultear who hurt them. A depressed Ultear cause she feels she is a bad perso. No progress on Natsu vs F. Rogue. I think I pointed out all the episode. Waiting for next week now.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Aug 23, 2014 12:55 AM

Dec 2011
Gray. His dying scene was good, but the transition of it being starting with Juvia acting like that... kind of didn't like it, maybe if Juvia was listening intently instead of acting the usual "Gray-sama phase" of hers.

Looks like Ultear will use her magic soon enough... judging from the opening scenes, I guess people can tell what will happen next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2014 1:07 AM

Feb 2013
Very nice episode i liked how the animated it and very nice ost! It seems they gonna release a slow theme for the new fairy tail theme as well :D Didnt expect to drop some tears for gray :S And i really missed ichiya's Meeeeeeeeeeeen + flying combo ! Not to mention * Otokoooooo*.

Anyway 5/5 on this episode and well done with the animation .
GEE HEE !
Aug 23, 2014 2:07 AM

Jul 2010
Ultear was pretty cool to say she is the culprit in ths way.
Everyone figting with all their strength yet ! The Fairy Tail pride!!!
Ultear giving up hope =(
Erza blushing from the being together comment ^^
So that was the sacrifice... from Juvia misunderstanding to Gray getting shot.

The fate of everyone! Shadow Gear and Romeo's group beinv cornered.
Looking forward to Lucy's message.
Gray with that overkill though T.T Just one shot was scary enough, with multiple more and that last one on the head!
Aug 23, 2014 2:09 AM

Nov 2011
Ok, this is what i thought when i saw Gray hitted.
1st wave: Ok, i guess you could survive from that.
2nd wave:Well,that does the job.
3rd:Ok, now he has to be dead.
I just fear,that they use some asspull to save him. Quoteing Linkara(might not be word to word): You can get thousand times better story out of person's death than when he would be alive.
Aug 23, 2014 2:12 AM

May 2014
they started killing off main characters, huh?? guessing this anime is ending ... such a boring cliche, and they picked the most useless one of them all, and it was obvious that it was gonna be Gray, damn opening gave it away -_- ... all in all it was about time that main characters started dying instead of coming back to life (Lisana) -_- and i seriously hope they don't drag the hell out of these fights like they did with those executioners
Aug 23, 2014 2:18 AM

May 2014
FatefulLove said:
Ultear was pretty cool to say she is the culprit in ths way.
Everyone figting with all their strength yet ! The Fairy Tail pride!!!
Ultear giving up hope =(
Erza blushing from the being together comment ^^
So that was the sacrifice... from Juvia misunderstanding to Gray getting shot.

The fate of everyone! Shadow Gear and Romeo's group beinv cornered.
Looking forward to Lucy's message.
Gray with that overkill though T.T Just one shot was scary enough, with multiple more and that last one on the head!

that was just to clarify to the audience that he is dead and gonna stay dead, because we all know FT wizards have a funny way of coming back to life (time after time after time) from fatal injuries :P so this was just basically an emphasis on Gray "officially" leaving the game.
Aug 23, 2014 3:07 AM

Dec 2011
Ah, so Ultear appeared to tell Milliana that she was the one that made Jellal do the things that he did and that her grudge is misplaced, but Kagura also heard this.

So Sting came to Rogue so they could combine their powers as the Twin Dragons heh.

Natsu vs Future Rogue continues.

Poor Ultear T.T

Ah, Flare came to Lucy's rescue :3

Funny how dragon slaying magic seems to be barely doing anything against the dragons...

Droy and Jet T.T

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Gray just got shot many times in the upper body and in the head... he's dead (unless nakama power can save you from a laser to your brain or something).

Great episode and I can't wait to see what happens next!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 23, 2014 3:22 AM

May 2012
Lost412151145 said:

Anyway, decent episode. Arc seems a bit longer than it did in the manga

Aug 23, 2014 3:49 AM
Sep 2012
GrayArchon said:
MoonxArtemis said:

The OVA titled "The Exciting Ryuzetsu Land" adapts chapter 298 and is set on the night of the third day. It includes a small segment wherein Flare shows up briefly to apologize to Lucy. Anyone that did not read the manga, or watch the ova will likely be confused as to why Flare is suddenly helping Lucy when Flare was last seen being hauled away by the guards after Raven Tail cheated.

Well what I was trying to say anime only veiwers might be confused over

[spoiler]When in the next arc, Flare sneaks into Fairy Tail, and Cana naturally thinks she is an enemy and is ready to attack her, when Lucy steps in and stands up for Flare. Anime only viewers might be confused over why Lucy is standing up for Flare and saying she is a good person, when the last time she saw Flare she was an enemy, an enemy she felt sympathy for but still an enemy. Without the apology, Lucy's attitude towards Flare should be totally different.

So anime only that don't read the manga or watch the OVAs would be confused over why Lucy is standing up for this crazy chick. So because they never got to see the aplogy in the anime, they added this to make up for it.[spoiler]
Aug 23, 2014 4:08 AM

May 2013
Everyone is still in the middle of battle. Dragons sure are tough and durable.
Multiple shots including the head. Can't discuss manga, so, poor Gray.
Aug 23, 2014 4:27 AM

Oct 2013
Gray will be revived somehow,there's no way he'll stay dead.

Aug 23, 2014 4:42 AM

Aug 2013
A casual episode,almost nothing happen in the entire episode until the end.The Gray scene was nice animated,I was expecting worse.
Aug 23, 2014 4:45 AM

Jul 2012
I didnt read manga but probably ultear will do some magic shit to revieve him... That was a good episode, i hope im wrong and gray will stay dead :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2014 5:05 AM

Aug 2014
Ahhh finally this got animated. Well, don't get the wrong idea, I'm not that happy about Gray dying, all I wanted is to see everyones hearts get taken out of the chest, chopped, sliced, stabbed 3 times, fried, cooked, played football with, boiled for few hours and put back to the chest like nothing happened (like mine was) so yeah, I sound like a psychopath now
Aug 23, 2014 5:08 AM

Mar 2008
Oh well, i know that Gray will be fine.
But i am afraid that something will happen to Ultear and i dont want anything bad to happen to her :(
Aug 23, 2014 5:21 AM

Apr 2008
hope he's really dead. Then again shot through the head is usually pretty darn lethal
Aug 23, 2014 5:22 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty okay episode, Gray dying would be a major turn in the whole story. The whole situation with Ultear and Jellal is so confusing for everyone.

It is still kind of sad to see Dragon Slayer Magic do almost next to nothing to dragons.
Aug 23, 2014 5:26 AM

Apr 2008
vanelladeath said:
Pretty okay episode, Gray dying would be a major turn in the whole story. The whole situation with Ultear and Jellal is so confusing for everyone.

It is still kind of sad to see Dragon Slayer Magic do almost next to nothing to dragons.

Said it in the previous episode post but the reason why Natsu is having more success than the rest is cause he's partnered up with a dragon. Given that Dragon Slayers were made to help the Dragons on the side of coexistence makes sense that they'd work in pairs. Of course until mister Acnologia decided fuck that and killed everyone.
Aug 23, 2014 5:30 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Slideshow animation still hurts
repeated clips of dragon minions shooting inconsistent power beams still hurts.
Comedy to forced MC death (though I doubt Gray dies... 100%) transition, hurts.
Censorship of blood hurts.

The Happy part of the episode felt un-needed and felt very fillery.
Did the Natsu fight change at all? They are still just getting hits in.
Laxus and Gajeels fight didn't change lol

Do you know what I find more interesting atm, Ultear and her guild. I honestly would prefer to watch a spinoff of those three during the time that Fairy Tail was stuck on an island. I think they had some fun adventures. It would be better than anything this arc offered.
Aug 23, 2014 5:34 AM
Jun 2013
Olem said:
Lost412151145 said:

Anyway, decent episode. Arc seems a bit longer than it did in the manga

Like one piece
JUHABACHAug 23, 2014 9:12 AM
Aug 23, 2014 6:00 AM
Aug 2012
Don't forget guys, it's a shounen
Aug 23, 2014 6:02 AM

Dec 2013
HOLY COWS HOW BORING
I was about to drop it but then I remembered it in manga and this fucking arc is coming to an end ! ;];]
Still gotta lower the score, 5/10.
Aug 23, 2014 6:25 AM

Jul 2007
mootjuh said:

^ implies that shounen genre does not kill characters or main characters.

http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=14 (oh look a same author as Fairy Tail)
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=583
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=219
http://myanimelist.net/manga/5627/Bloody_Monday
http://myanimelist.net/manga/3194/Immortal_Regis
http://myanimelist.net/manga/9/Tsubasa:_RESERVoir_CHRoNiCLE

Need I continue?

Gray's fate might be up in the air and FT might not have that much of a death count, but shounen genre does not guarantee safety of the characters.
Aug 23, 2014 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
I would feel like Gray would be fine if this was say....Dragonball Z but he got a laser threw the head....

That scares me cause whats gonna happen to JuviaxGray??

Also poor Ultear, she seems to really be having a hard time. She cant forgive her past :(
My Candies:
Aug 23, 2014 7:20 AM

Nov 2013
I don't read the manga so I was totally shocked when things got serious this week. I bet the whole time paradox thing will fix everything, but part of me is still unable to take in the fact that Gray just died on screen. Damn I have a really bad feeling about the body count we'll be seeing soon.
Aug 23, 2014 7:26 AM

May 2014
Didn't cry but it was very sad when Gray got shot by those mini dragons. :(
I wonder what will he say... RIP Gray. Please read the manga, if you want more. :P

Gosh, Jet & Droy died too! And also... I can't wait for the next episode. Really.

Aug 23, 2014 7:54 AM
Oct 2009
Good god... that was a true, genuine, honest-to-god shocker of an episode... I mean, I can't believe they did it... I can't believe that Flare actually got a cameo! My hopes for the anime's continuation into the Sun Village arc have skyrocketed! :D
Aug 23, 2014 9:08 AM

Dec 2013
I was expecting to cry when I heard about Gray's death, but now that I've seen it I don't really feel anything and it's weird because he's one of the like able characters in the show for me at least. I'm concerned about how Juvia is going to accept Gray's death and I can't help, but wonder if she's going to go beserk or not.
Aug 23, 2014 9:24 AM
Oct 2010
Sh1cky said:
I was so sure that they would end this ep w/ a cliffhanger.
Well, I wouldn't call that a cliffhanger, Grey clearly fell from the cliff down the abyss. XD

Maybe he comes back somehow, but that would be crawling back from hell or something.
Fai said:
mootjuh said:
Gray's fate might be up in the air and FT might not have that much of a death count, but shounen genre does not guarantee safety of the characters.
Certainly, there is no guarantee, but the possibility exists.

I don't think I've seen miraculous revivals outside the shounen demography.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 23, 2014 10:40 AM
Nov 2013
Ultear :(
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.