Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2014 4:29 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woo the Hokage have arrived at the battlefield! Also, the long awaited Team 7 reunion! Sasuke is hard to read in this situation, he wants to protect the village but is vague about his intentions. I lol pretty hard when he declared he would be Hokage and the rest of the Konoha group reactions to it. The animation quality was pretty great this episode.
Aiko_HiroshiAug 14, 2014 4:36 AM
Aug 14, 2014 4:46 AM

Jul 2007
Omg this was by far the best episode shown thus far. So much stuff happened. The pacing was just like the manga. The animation was beautiful, we got quite a few developments, the hokages have arrived on the battlefield, along with sasuke. We find out sasuke's true goal is to become hokage and restore the village to its prosperity.

I also laugh every time i see Kiba opens his big mouth. Seriously, enough is enough sit your puppy ass down and shut up. Your NEVER going to become hokage.

Anyways real nostalgic moments here with Team 7 finally reunited. I mean how long has it been? lol

the next episode is probably one of my favorites to, when "you know what happens" :p. Omg i can't wait.

Aug 14, 2014 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode.
Animation was great.. better than previous episodes :D
Minato asking whether Sakura is Naruto's girlfriend, and Naruto says yes. XD
Headbutt to the back of the head! Sakura reminding Minato of Kushina lol
THE HOKAGES
Madara's reaction when Hashirama says he's going to deal with the Juubi first, lol
And Sasuke! Ah the nostalgia really kicks in at the end there.
LOL everyone's reaction when he says he's gonna become Hokage
Kiba's declaration of wanting to become hokage, and no one hears it..other than Shino and Hinata XD
Reached end of Chapter 631 now :o Correction, episode ends with the beginning of Chapter 632..
SandyBoiAug 14, 2014 5:09 AM
Aug 14, 2014 5:01 AM

Jul 2013
Sakura was awesome this episode.

Minato's "I don't give a fuck" attitude was hilarious, what a boss.

All the Hokage join the fight.

Karin, Oro and Suigetsu aren't at the battlefield.

Sasuke is back in Team 7, but I still don't buy the whole good-guy thing he has going on. Even at the current point in the manga his true agenda still hasn't really been elaborated on, more just swept under the rug because there has been much more important crap happening (a.k.a preventing the end of the world).

Everyone's reaction to Sasuke saying he wants to be Hokage was funny, but he didn't say -dattebayo at the end so he has no chance.

That comedy moment between Hashirama and Madara.

Funny episode.
MinagatachiAug 14, 2014 5:05 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2014 5:05 AM
Mar 2013
Shikamaru: "I want you to connect me to everyone on the battlefield...Can you do it?"
Ino: "Doesn't matter! I will do it!"

Lol, that part me giggle. If only everyone was as determined as Shikamaru and Ino.

Awww, I was hoping to see Naruto's surprise when Minato finally showed up. Oh well, I'm happy that the Hokage didn't waste any time getting to the battlefield.

I noticed that although Sakura got angry she didn't deny Minato's girlfriend remark ^^

Sasuke wants to be the Hokage? Wtf lol! That was the funniest part of the episode.

No wait! I changed my mind. This was definitely the highlight xD

emeraldrosaryAug 14, 2014 5:15 AM
Aug 14, 2014 5:06 AM

Dec 2009
It has been a long time since I really enjoyed an episode of Naruto. If the pacing could be like this every time... As the others have said it's great to see team 7 reunited, and also the hokages.

Really looking forward to next week!
Aug 14, 2014 5:41 AM

Dec 2012
Not going to lie, was hoping that Naruto's reunion with Minato would be more emotional. I guess it makes more sense this way though, given the situation.
Aug 14, 2014 6:10 AM

Jan 2013
Really its been long time since I enjoyed a Naruto ep. Great and epic one, truly impressed
Aug 14, 2014 6:15 AM

Jul 2013
Too much happened in this one episode, but I'm not complaining. This was probably the best episode after a long time and I hope not half of the episode next time is going to be a filler/flashback. Madara probably had a nice entrance and had an even nicer "disappointed" face. :D
Aug 14, 2014 7:13 AM
May 2014
Great episode overall, really excited to see Sasuke back.

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the first few minutes of commentary from the allied shin obi forces/Hinata, it felt too unrealistic and forced. It made me feel like I was watching something incredible dumbed-down.

But that's a minor complaint, overall, it was great to see the interactions already posted.
Aug 14, 2014 7:13 AM

Jun 2012
wat
Aug 14, 2014 7:16 AM
Aug 2014
Back Of Team 7 :X
Aug 14, 2014 7:18 AM

Jul 2014
Poor Madara he was rejected, it's ok senpai will notice you later.
Aug 14, 2014 7:41 AM

Jun 2014
Holy shit. when the Minato-style kunai hit the ground I instantly got goosebumps.
Oh, and way to go making the Hokage's entrance so awkward. No music; only wind. No amazing wonder and awe; just people saying "oh hey isnt that the 3rd and 4th hokage reanimated?" "Wait I thought Orochimaru died" ya that one couldve been explained later. And lmfaooo Madara gives another rape face and is blown off with "I dont have time for you"

Anyway, that red barrier and the gate seals were cool. And then theres SawSkays entrance. Of course with the gay western music. Of course the Konoha kids make themselves look like dumbasses. OHHHHHHH and the Itachi quote flashback Naruto remembered when SucksGay said he would become hokage. What a fucking slap in the face to Naruto. The whole show is about him wanting to be hokage but he only wanted it to be an attention whore.

Thats cool. Sakura trying to show her tiny balls again. yay.. team 7
m-i-c-h-a-e-lAug 14, 2014 7:45 AM
Aug 14, 2014 7:43 AM

Apr 2013
OMG, by far the best episode so far the return of team 7, the return of the hokages..its safe to say the future episodes are going to be awesome. I cant wait. :D:D:D
Aug 14, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
Naruto's reaction to his dad arriving was somewhat underwhelming to me.

>Are you Naruto's girlfriend?
LOL

Good episode overall. Seeing the Hokages on the battle field made me smile. The part where Sasuke said he wanted to become Hokage made me lol
Aug 14, 2014 7:57 AM

Apr 2013
haha madara got rejected.

nice that team 7 is back even though naruto's reaction was a bit weak.

still think the whole sasuke story could have been a bit differnt he was way too much on the villain side to just become an ally again.

loved the hokage scenes
Aug 14, 2014 8:13 AM
Jul 2014
Good episode. The hokage scenes and Team 7 reuniting was really cool. 4/5
Aug 14, 2014 8:13 AM

May 2013
Great episode. Team 7 is back.
Aug 14, 2014 8:22 AM

Dec 2012
xSanox said:

nice that team 7 is back even though naruto's reaction was a bit weak.

I actually liked that. He seems a bit confused but didn't make a big deal out of it, or take the hokage thing seriously.

The reunion didn't get a big reaction from him, because he knew it would happen, he always believed that Sasuke will come back and all that other cheesy stuff.
Aug 14, 2014 8:23 AM

May 2014
Well this is amusing as always.

Nakama power+ the new old allies join the fight! And we're finally getting our final duo. Sakura will get an episode next time it seems, but it will be forgettable, since I don't remember it from the manga.

3/5 For lulzy moments, otherwise I'm not feeling the hype.
Aug 14, 2014 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
finally the appearance of the Hokage
Aug 14, 2014 9:11 AM

Apr 2011
Team 7 is offically back!!
I thought the reunion between Naruto + Minato would have been more emotional.
It was funny seeing Madara getting rejected by Hashirama.
Great episode 5/5
Aug 14, 2014 9:36 AM

Jan 2012
So according to my calculation, It took team 7 to come back as one after 484 episodes.

Now all legendary Hokage are together, Naruto and Minato bonding was a bit awkward.

Here some pictures:

Great episode imo.
Aug 14, 2014 9:49 AM

Aug 2013
Hashirama u asshole why wont u notice Madaras feelings and STFU kiba no one gives a shit
Yo
Aug 14, 2014 9:52 AM
Oct 2013
so much EPIC naruto momments in 1 episode
Aug 14, 2014 10:17 AM

Oct 2013
I'M SOO EXCITEEEED!

Aug 14, 2014 10:30 AM

Jun 2014
yeah! lets forget all about that sasuke did and join forces again ! . thats fucking stupid. no1 in the fucking world would do that .
Aug 14, 2014 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
Sakura's about to have her 15 seconds of fame, and then will go back to being forever useless, Lol.
Aug 14, 2014 11:14 AM

Apr 2014
I don't think I've ever been this speechless as I am right now over Sasuke wanting to be hokage. I seriously just paused and screamed and clapped my hands for like 15 minutes because my body doesn't know how to cope with Sasuke suddenly becoming a good guy lol. I still can't believe he and Orochimaru is helping save the village. This episode was just too much to handle hahahaha. And Hashirama's "I'll deak with you later !" omg I feel so sorry for Madara hahahaha, Hashirama just pay some attention to the guy lol. He did wait decades for this moment. And what's probably the most surprising thing about this episode, Sakura is going to be usefull ? HAH good joke, that's not happening.
Aug 14, 2014 11:23 AM
Aug 14, 2014 11:24 AM

Mar 2013
Hello Awesome Yondaime Hokage Dad, what's up?
I don't see you like... uh let me see 16 years.
Not even a hug? ;(

lol

Hashirama Trolling Madara was awesome!
Sasuke wants to be hokage hahaha.
I loved Shino in this episode.

EPIC EPISODE.

Ok Naruto saw him in the fight agaisnt Nagato/Pain.
But not physicaly.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
HeddieAug 14, 2014 1:00 PM
Aug 14, 2014 11:32 AM

Mar 2012
"The monsters arrived"

Awesome episode.
Aug 14, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2011
shanaro!!

Heck yes. Team 7 is back in action. How did Sasuke did not recognize Sakura? I just liked how he paid attention to her mostly. ;)

Anyways yay! can't wait for next episode!
Aug 14, 2014 11:34 AM
Oct 2013
Just like the rest of you, I wish the Naruto Minato reunion was more fulfilling. I know that Naruto said he knew they were coming but I also like to see reactions from characters. I was hoping everyone would be amazed that Naruto was Minato's son but I guess maybe they already knew. I couldn't help but get all giddy like a little kid when Minato and the other Hokage showed up.

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for these next few comments and am probably going to be the only to nitpick. I think I'm alone about disagreeing with the pacing. I think too much stuff happened too fast. I mean I understand, they don't have time to debate anything because you know...THERE'S THE DAMN JUUBI CHARGIN AT EM!

I think it's strange that Sasuke wants to all of the sudden become the Hokage. I guess Itachi was right that Sasuke is easily influenced. Then again, if the whole Uchia tragedy didn't happen, and Itachi was still part of the village, who knows, maybe he would have wanted to become Hokage back then.

I have other things to nitpick about but overall I liked the episode mainly because of the Hokage.
Aug 14, 2014 11:42 AM

Mar 2013
blabo said:
Just like the rest of you, I wish the Naruto Minato reunion was more fulfilling. I know that Naruto said he knew they were coming but I also like to see reactions from characters. I was hoping everyone would be amazed that Naruto was Minato's son but I guess maybe they already knew. I couldn't help but get all giddy like a little kid when Minato and the other Hokage showed up.

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for these next few comments and am probably going to be the only to nitpick. I think I'm alone about disagreeing with the pacing. I think too much stuff happened too fast. I mean I understand, they don't have time to debate anything because you know...THERE'S THE DAMN JUUBI CHARGIN AT EM!

I think it's strange that Sasuke wants to all of the sudden become the Hokage. I guess Itachi was right that Sasuke is easily influenced. Then again, if the whole Uchia tragedy didn't happen, and Itachi was still part of the village, who knows, maybe he would have wanted to become Hokage back then.

I have other things to nitpick about but overall I liked the episode mainly because of the Hokage.

Yeah, the reunion was soooo I mean...
Hello Son.
Hello dad I knew you're coming..
'-'
I think Naruto got more impacted with Sasuke's return, than with the fact that his awesome fucking 4th hokage Dad is "alive".
I mean It was a good episode.. and they have the Juubi to take care. But it was so emotionless.
Aug 14, 2014 11:50 AM
Oct 2013
julyachan said:
Yeah, the reunion was soooo I mean...
Hello Son.
Hello dad I knew you're coming..
'-'
I think Naruto got more impacted with Sasuke's return, than with the fact that his awesome fucking 4th hokage Dad is "alive".
I mean It was a good episode.. and they have the Juubi to take care. But it was so emotionless.

Exactly! I mean I didn't hate the episode, I just think it could have been put together a little better. It all felt rushed. The only thing that got me excited was the Hokage. I wasn't all that excited about Sasuke's return. Lol it was almost like Minato and all the other Hokage played 2nd fiddle to Sasuke. I mean I get it because Sasuke is a main character after all.

Also I'm not trying to offend anyone that loved this episode.
Aug 14, 2014 11:53 AM

Mar 2012
Too much excitement in just one episode... My heart can't handle the awesomeness :x
Aug 14, 2014 11:57 AM

Jun 2013
Team 7 back together woo, first time I watched an episode in years
Aug 14, 2014 12:06 PM

Dec 2012
Goosebumps all over me. Just awesome episode. The animaton was good this episode.
Finally got to see Minato Kyuubi mode animated.
Albi-kunAug 14, 2014 12:10 PM
Aug 14, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
Nakama power detected...sad thing this is not Fairy Tail,you all useless...

Finally minato,R.I.P ocean life :( dont expect any fishing this season...

Father and son they both are M,well at least Kushina wasnt hitting Minato for no reason...
LoneWizzyAug 14, 2014 3:42 PM
Aug 14, 2014 12:11 PM

May 2014
THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME.
The hokages arrived, Minato also has the kyuubi's chakra, Madara's reaction to Hashirama (LOL), Sasuke is back (still being a douchebag and he even wants to become the Hokage) and most funny of all: Shino who shuts Kiba up, I really laughed out lol, that part was so funny.
Can't wait to see Sakura's power though!
Just Monika.
Aug 14, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2008
What a great episode Hokage arrive and team 7 back together.
Aug 14, 2014 1:10 PM

Jun 2008
LOOOOL or a filler episode next time since "so much" happened in this ep
Pace is nice , but it should actually be even faster there is too much of a gap and no one has an idea how this movie and end will happen , anyways good animation and nice ep since Madara's face was priceless when Hashi ignored his ass haha
Aug 14, 2014 1:58 PM
Jul 2014
great episode, though honestly i imagined sasuke reuniting to be anything but comedy. i guess the serious conversation can wait until the war is over.

where was the hinata reaction to naruto calling sakura his GF?
Aug 14, 2014 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
Well dam lets all become Hokage fuck it.
Aug 14, 2014 2:06 PM

Sep 2010
THIS is an Example of why i watch Naruto.. besides all the Filler Crap
Aug 14, 2014 2:06 PM
Oct 2013
datboishagg said:
great episode, though honestly i imagined sasuke reuniting to be anything but comedy. i guess the serious conversation can wait until the war is over.

I know right? My one pet peeve with the Naruto series is that they make something that should be a little more serious into a comical moment and it takes away from the effect of how powerful the episode could have been.
Aug 14, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2014
sibbo7 said:
THIS is an Example of why i watch Naruto.. besides all the Filler Crap
Basically Minato+Itachi

datboishagg said:

Dont worry guys.Sasuke came back to town.

Major spoiler here:Sasuke will form a harem including Naruto,Tenten,Sakura,Ino,Karin.
Aug 14, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2007
Stark700 said:

The part where Sasuke said he wanted to become Hokage made me lol
xSanox said:
haha madara got rejected.

still think the whole sasuke story could have been a bit differnt he was way too much on the villain side to just become an ally again.

loved the hokage scenes

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
And then theres SawSkays entrance. Of course with the gay western music. Of course the Konoha kids make themselves look like dumbasses. OHHHHHHH and the Itachi quote flashback Naruto remembered when SucksGay said he would become hokage. What a fucking slap in the face to Naruto. The whole show is about him wanting to be hokage but he only wanted it to be an attention whore.

Thats cool. Sakura trying to show her tiny balls again. yay.. team 7

Ok first of all, Sasuke's decision to become Hokage is not for the sake of competitiveness or trying to be an attention whore. His decision is entirely on his own personal agenda and ambition to create an ideal society free of war and to right the wrongs of the past. Basically to reset the damaged history that his predecessors left behind. Imo this is a very appropriate direction that Kishimoto took with his character given everything that has happened in the story and sasuke journey of self discovery.

Yes sasuke was to an extent evil and out for vengeance and doing things for his own purpose. But you fail to realize the things that he was doing was because he was manipulated by obito and orichimaru. As he came to knew more and more history behind what has been happening, not just with his own personal life but also way back in the era where shinobi were first formed. He wanted to know answers, what caused the uchiha clan to bear such hatred against the leaf. He came to realize after everything that he found out, that destroying the leaf village doesn't even hold a purpose any more, let alone going after naruto.

Anyways my point is kishimoto developed him in such a way where he was on his own personal journey of redemption, trying to figure out exactly whats wrong with the world. After everything was said and done, this is the ultimate conclusion that he came up with and honestly i think its a very appropriate decision with his character. People that blatantly state sasuke is just the embodiment of evil in the series, obviously has not been paying much attention to the growth of his character and the changes that has undergone.

This is something that has been building from the beginning, right from the point Sasuske chose to go down a dark path and avenge his clan, finally his journey has come to an end and this is the result.

The anime really doesn't not give it any higher meaning, but im sure later on, it will have a more prominent purpose in the story. Even in the manga, this hasn't came to pass yet though but its pretty evident it will at some point.

If kishimoto continued to use his character to go against naruto. I feel as though that sort of direction would just make no sense at this point in time. Can you honestly think of a way Naruto and Sasuke would battle each other as pure enemies, after everything that has happened in the story? You probably can't because it just wouldn't coincide with the way the characters have grown.
ArtimesGamerAug 14, 2014 3:14 PM

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.