Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 20, 2014 5:02 PM

Jun 2014
To be honest, the animation in this episode looked so derp. A lot of the animation looked so un-even. Probably some of the worst animation I've seen in a while, beyond My Bride Is A Mermaid.

DAT KISS DOE! :D
Jul 20, 2014 5:19 PM
Apr 2013
this animation is worse than anything i've ever seen

ever
Jul 20, 2014 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
that animation was comedy gold
Jul 20, 2014 6:33 PM
Jan 2013
queenbanana said:
I couldn't wait for the episode to be over once it started. It's such a huge letdown. The animation is horrible, horrible, it literally made my eyes hurt. I hate Aoba's expressions at times! So crappily made, looks like Izumi's manga drawings LOL [love stage]. I found it rather boring and still unorganized/unconnected. The only reason I keep watching is to see what they do with it.

Lolol that Love Stage reference.

Yup, the animation sucks. It wasn't even as bad in the first two episodes (though still pretty crappy) but now it doesn't even look like anime. More like a low-budget Cartoon Network show.

I don't think I'll continue with this show; I found myself skipping around to find something interesting. It's not compelling at all. It's a bit sad. Dropping this
Jul 20, 2014 6:36 PM

Sep 2010
Asrun said:
Sol_Ou said:
Same. Im hoping someone dies soon or else whats the point in adding murder to the title?

..*snort*

Anyway, holy shit that quality drop. I was waiting for it to happen and I was really surprised that ep 2 was as "good" as it was.. I'm throwing all of my hopes out of the window now so I won't be disappointed later :D I swear most of the budget must have been used on Koujaku.. Aoba and the rest of the gang look terrible.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. I was waiting for him to look as bad as everyone else, and it never happened. Someone on the animation team must be a big Aoba Koujaku shipper.
Jul 20, 2014 6:47 PM
Apr 2014
【重要】テレビ東京にて、3話をご覧いただいた皆様、ありがとうございました。諸事情により、本日の放送では、一部、制作側の意図しない内容にてお届けした部分がございました。7月26日(土)よりのWEB配信版では、よりよい内容に出来るように、現在リテイク作業中です。 #アニメドラマダ

https://twitter.com/dmmd_TV_PR
Jul 20, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2013
I'm done with animation, * just keep your eyes on the subs ... I can't*
It's like a joke, but thE KISS!!!1 ok :v (fannotdefined) ._.
Anyway, I hope the animation will get better later.
Jul 20, 2014 7:01 PM

Dec 2011
Dat animation, finally channeling its inner Togainu.

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind the animation if it didn't fluctuate so much. If it stayed horrible or stayed mediocre, that would be totally okay. Otherwise it's just so distracting with how good the close-ups are compared to how it is when the camera is zoomed out ://
Jul 20, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2011
Oh well they kissed that was the best part
But the animation was so bad i laughed all the time bcs it was really horrible (i love aoba so much why are they doing this to him?? He looks like a big dork)
I hope this will just get better.
Jul 20, 2014 7:22 PM

Nov 2013
The kiss caused me to lose my shit, I was sooooo happy to see it in the anime. But the episode looked like it was animated by a blind squirrel. I usually don't notice stuff like animation but Jesus that was scary. I did hear that was a beta version and they'll upload a hirer quality episode on the 26th.
BISH IM IN NARNIA <3
Jul 20, 2014 7:29 PM

Dec 2013
I think the people who did the animation must have been exhausted cause it was so lousy a3 year old could do it.

Oh well
Jul 20, 2014 8:01 PM

Mar 2013
Team_Reinhard said:
【重要】テレビ東京にて、3話をご覧いただいた皆様、ありがとうございました。諸事情により、本日の放送では、一部、制作側の意図しない内容にてお届けした部分がございました。7月26日(土)よりのWEB配信版では、よりよい内容に出来るように、現在リテイク作業中です。 #アニメドラマダ

those who noticed this post randomly written in Japanese.

This says the crappy the animation in Episode 3 was a mistake. They accidentally aired a beta.

Episode 3 will be reaired with finished and better animation on the 26.

Google said:
[Important] in TV Tokyo, everyone who had a look at the three episodes, thank you. By circumstances, the broadcast of today, some were there is a part that was delivered in unintended contents of the production side. In WEB delivery version July 26 from the Saturday, to be able to better content, it is currently working on retakes
-LuhuiJul 20, 2014 9:36 PM

Jul 20, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2009
That kiss though!!!
interesting ending they have there.

Jul 20, 2014 9:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
-Luhui said:
Team_Reinhard said:

Who those who noticed this post randomly written in Japanese.

This says the crappy the animation in Episode 3 was a mistake. They accidentally aired a beta.

Episode 3 will be reaired with finished and better animation on the 26.

Google said:
[Important] in TV Tokyo, everyone who had a look at the three episodes, thank you. By circumstances, the broadcast of today, some were there is a part that was delivered in unintended contents of the production side. In WEB delivery version July 26 from the Saturday, to be able to better content, it is currently working on retakes

Oh okay, no wonder it looked like shit. But still, what a bad mistake :/
Jul 20, 2014 9:35 PM

Apr 2014
^ Thank goodness.

Anywho-
WHEEE Noiz & Aoba kiss scene <3

It's pretty funny seeing all the scenes animated. I love Noiz so much asdfkjdflksdjf
I laughed a lot during the donut scene. Clear is too cute.

Definitely one of my favorite CGs in the VN :-)))
Jul 20, 2014 10:08 PM

Mar 2013
hoho that kiss omfg
Jul 20, 2014 10:31 PM
Nov 2013
you guys really believe this was a "beta" version released by "accident"?
who the **** in their right mind would make such a mistake? Aren't these people professionals? And even in the .05% chance that this was indeed a mistake, isn't it common sense to release the "real" one right away?

I honestly don't think it was a mistake, but they found the number of complaints and low tv rankings overwhelming and so they're going to "improve" the quality in the next couple of days. They're going to cram it all up in a week...how much can you improve in a week? I guess we will see. But the time is probably more than enough for the low budget they're working with anyway.

Bottom line, don't expect much.
Jul 20, 2014 11:13 PM
Aug 2011
^I see it the way you do

One of their tweets also mentions episodes 1 and 2?
I can't Japanese and Google translate a shit, but does that mean they've also "accidentally" released those?

Accidents happen but it's still very shady business when you know you're airing this on TV.

Sometimes when luck is on the good side they'll apologize beforehand (?) for their mistakes.

But what's done is done and now we've got an episode for the ages with this one.
Might want to start adding Glorious Comedy to the genres.
Jul 20, 2014 11:28 PM

Mar 2013
queenbanana said:
you guys really believe this was a "beta" version released by "accident"?
who the **** in their right mind would make such a mistake? Aren't these people professionals? And even in the .05% chance that this was indeed a mistake, isn't it common sense to release the "real" one right away?

I honestly don't think it was a mistake, but they found the number of complaints and low tv rankings overwhelming and so they're going to "improve" the quality in the next couple of days. They're going to cram it all up in a week...how much can you improve in a week? I guess we will see. But the time is probably more than enough for the low budget they're working with anyway.

Bottom line, don't expect much.

I am not sure if the individuals are pros. ( i know the writers aren't, but I am pretty sure they aren't the ones sending the episodes to be aired.) but the studio itself is fairly new (the only other anime they have under their belt is Hamatora) they may just have some new people - one especially who aired the wrong episode.
I 'm sure they did see the complaints but they themselves could have also seen what the episode they aired looked like and thought "crap we f'ed up, we need to fix that". Which in turn could mean either way (a lie or it really was wrong)

Besides, they can't just immediately air the episode. Television does have schedules they abide by (unless the show is cancelled or an emergency irl happens and the channel stops functioning). There are other shows that come on tv besides Dmmd.

Also dmmd broadcasts on more than one channel.One of which just happens to air it on Saturdays :

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://dmmd-anime.com/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddmmd%2Banime.com%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D609

xHoneythief said:
Regardless of whether they're lying about the 'beta version' or not, at least they care enough to acknowledge and fix the QUALITY rather than just leaving it and telling fans to suck it up. I'm also not holding my breath for a great fixed version, though.

From the next episode preview, looks like we'll be getting a lot of Clear next week. Looking forward to it.

I am not sure how they are able to translate these subs, or what changes the writers made to the story.
but I listened to that part a couple of times and Tae did sound like she said "die" to me, but i could just be hearing it out of context.

I am not extra fluent in reading Japanese but i am pretty sure the Kanji used for Heibon does mean Mediocre. so it's not actually wrong.

Did they really used Touei? with an 'I' in the subs? o.o must have missed that because lol
-LuhuiJul 20, 2014 11:48 PM

Jul 20, 2014 11:50 PM

Jan 2009
theblahmonster said:
NemsEngelchen said:
The Kiss. OMG so happy it was inside..

But the Animation was so off... They even gave Aoba brown hair...

They gave sei brown hair too lol

Honestly, I think Toue was the biggest derp of that last screenshot. I lol'd.

kimustache said:
AobaSei being a brunette for a brief moment, and I thought, in the game (haven't play Re:connect yet) Aoba's parents went off to somewhere, alive and breathing. So why the "...his parents died"?? EH??? (someone needs to enlighten me for this part)

Subtitle derp, clearly. It should have been that his parents /left/, not /died/. Though the word may have been similar or maybe the translator misheard. Considering it's HorribleSubs doing the English subbing, I'm not surprised there are translation derps. They focus on getting their subs out as fast as bloody well possible, so obviously, they are going to grab the first available copy (even if it is a really low quality rip, as seen by the artifacts and sound quality in episode 1), and their quality checking isn't even close to as up to snuff as it should be. Just barely enough that the English flows okay, but that's it, really.

Also, their translator may not have played the game, so wouldn't even know better.

As you might guess, I think the name of the sub group fits them quite spectacularly.
Jul 21, 2014 1:11 AM
Nov 2010
What's the best fan subbers to go for then?
Jul 21, 2014 1:11 AM

Mar 2011
Alright episode.

but that animation, usually I really don't care about animation quality or really even notice things, but some of this episode animation was so derpy.

http://gyazo.com/6298c3c374b265394563c787e673e343
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jul 21, 2014 1:13 AM

Oct 2013
Saw this... LOL...

Jul 21, 2014 1:30 AM

Jan 2009
heiqi1hu said:
Saw this... LOL...

Literally snorted, seeing that again. It passed by so quick in the anime that I didn't have a chance to take in the gloriousness of that derp. So bad. It looks like they forgot how to draw torsos and shoulders and tried to hide the derp in Aoba's puffy coat, only to make the issue worse. 8DDDD
Jul 21, 2014 2:23 AM

Oct 2012
let's not forget this

best animation ever
zozeJul 21, 2014 2:29 AM
Jul 21, 2014 2:41 AM

Oct 2008
Animation quality especially Ren walking in the last part is really bad.
Art is beyond terrible.

I was right in not letting my hopes up. After the disaster of Togainu no Chi, I can't expect good anime from Nitro Chiral.
Jul 21, 2014 2:45 AM

Mar 2009
[Some comment about how shit the art and animation is this ep etc etc]

I'm so glad they kept the NoiAo kiss in, Aoba's reaction is priceless.

I'm liking some of the extra things the anime is adding, like seeing Clear drinking and Koujaku, Mizuki and Aoba hanging out together. Gotta saviour every tiny scene with Mizuki in it...
Jul 21, 2014 3:23 AM
Jan 2014
Going by the "3-episode rule", this is definitely not for me.
The only thing I liked about it was Ren.
But that's not enough to justify me.
So down the drain it goes.
Jul 21, 2014 3:50 AM

Mar 2012
Is this turning to shounen-ai? -.-
Jul 21, 2014 5:16 AM

Jan 2008
Noooo, don't take away the crappy animation, it makes this anime comedy gold!
And Aoba better hung out with Koujaku, because he's, like, the hottest shizz in this anime.
Jul 21, 2014 5:44 AM

Nov 2008
bigzzcobzz said:
Is this turning to shounen-ai? -.-

Turning? It already was.

By the way, this is not the first time a "beta" version has accidentally aired.
Jul 21, 2014 6:00 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode, but the animation, seriously.. :(
Jul 21, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2013
Dramatical Murder more like Animation Murder
Jul 21, 2014 6:26 AM

Feb 2012
What the exact fuck is with this animation???

YumeHunter said:
Dramatical Murder more like Animation Murder

^ too accurate

I'm highly disappointed with the animation, and what is the director doing, too? So many scenes with them talking but the mouth ain't even moving. That part where Aoba carried Tae is just so nklnalksjdkashd, this art, WHY??? It's so sad that a very good plot is ruined just because they can't explain and the animation can't even-

I am honestly so happy that they showed the kiss, but at the same time, I hope people won't drop this because of that. IDK if they will seriously continue being shounen-ai, but augh.

I'm still 50-50 on whether to be amused or not that so many hints are shown XDDD. That Virus and Trip hint from the last episode was meh. Happy at the additional parts they show though. LIKE CLEAR DRINKING! THAT WAS WIN!!

And let us enjoy that added scene with Mizuki. It's so nice to see Mizuki......... now......... yeah...... hopefully he won't...... yeah......
BearJul 21, 2014 6:30 AM

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jul 21, 2014 6:57 AM

May 2011
I want to drop this but I can't. It's too hilariously bad for me to do so.

Jul 21, 2014 7:46 AM

Jan 2012
OMG the animation is just so bad I can't believe it... Seriously if they're going to do an animation, they should at least make it watchable with a decent budget ><
Aoba's face looked so ugly like 90% of the time.... and the short flashback of him on his grandma's back was so ridiculous seriously... not same hair color and clothes...

Anyway I hope the animation won't go down after this...
Jul 21, 2014 8:18 AM

May 2011
I'M SO GLAD THEY KEPT THE KISS. It's the one thing I wanted to see in the anime (that I thought actually had a chance of being included), so I'm pleased. ;u;

But wow, that animation quality... I kept cracking up at all the derpy faces and countless errors. Looking forward to seeing the re-released episode(s) the studio has promised.

Jul 21, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2012
(in case no one's mentioned this already) I heard that they aired the beta for this episode and will be correcting and reairing it somewhere on July 26th
Jul 21, 2014 9:47 AM

Jan 2008
uh said:

Seriously, I liked the other part of the same scene, Aoba and Koujaku ate with "animation" similar to those old, old, oooooooooooold cartoons you watched as a kid. Ahahahaha, I love this show! For all the wrong reasons, by it's still so darling.

@SleepyBear, someone already said that in previous page. I'm actually curious how much it will improve, hope it will see it to the internet.
Jul 21, 2014 10:25 AM

Mar 2013
Wow that animation is terrible. The story has gone nowhere as well and the characters are boring to top it off. Was watching this show because of the psychological tag, but I have yet to see anything psychological so far. And in terms of gay stuff, Love Stage certainly does that a lot better.
Jul 21, 2014 10:35 AM

Dec 2012
Sooooo glad they're airing a better version, that was just horrible to watch ;___;
And this episode even had few of my favorite scenes from the game! Mainly Noiz related.
YAY for the kiss!! Hino Satoshi is awesome, I turned into a fan after playing the game.

It was awesome to see Mizuki's Allmate, too :) Glad they added some new details~

I was actually one of the translators for the game. Translating the shop name as "mediocrity" is actually good, because Virus said in an earlier episode that the shop name didn't suit Aoba. if it was left as "Heibon", that sentence wouldn't have made so much sense to people who don't speak japanese. That one sentence is the only reason it's probably better to translate the name of the shop :p

About Aoba's parents being dead or not, it doesn't really matter. You never see them in the game, so they might as well be dead. But yeah, in the game they were just flying around the world or something, so it's funny that the anime says they're dead. Maybe it's more tragic.

Noiz's kissing will be explained, he is NOT a pedo xD He's a little oblivious, as you might have seen.
Jul 21, 2014 10:59 AM

May 2010
Such quality. Much beauty.

Anyways, Clear is really interesting, his mask is really something.
Jul 21, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
i didnt know animation could be so .. bad
Jul 21, 2014 1:38 PM

Feb 2011
I'm going to keep watching this just so I can see how bad it will become.
Jul 21, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2012
SleepyBear said:
(in case no one's mentioned this already) I heard that they aired the beta for this episode and will be correcting and reairing it somewhere on July 26th

I for one didn't see it in the previous page so thanks!
Hope that'll be much better... cause I've seriously never seen something as crappy as that ><
and I'm usually not that picky or observant when it comes to animation quality ^^"
Jul 21, 2014 2:41 PM
May 2014
Yeah, seems like they are correcting it.

(bottom image from their twitter)
Jul 21, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2011
RainbowEater said:
I'm going to keep watching this just so I can see how bad it will become.

This.

» Escapism.

Jul 21, 2014 3:40 PM

Nov 2012
"Doushite Aoba". This is said quite often I've noticed.
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Jul 21, 2014 3:44 PM

Mar 2010
High five for the kiss.
Jul 21, 2014 4:29 PM

May 2011
Laughing at some of the derpy moments. Almost as amusing as them all getting schooled but a little old lady. :P But yes, definitely rooting for Clear.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Sep 21, 2014

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.