Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 17, 2014 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
>PERFECT PLAN

This episode was funny. Well, Mari already sparked some interest. Oh right, I remember now: the characters are maxed out. Looks like they skipped some material from Persona 4 again...sigh. At least Mari is kinda fun to watch I guess especially in front of a TV. I like how that's kinda ironic with the TV thing being a concept used in the show as well. The singing was okay I guess.
Jul 17, 2014 12:41 PM

May 2013
Yu really is the Sister-Complex Kingpin of Steel lol.

Sucks that he double booked, but it worked out in the end I guess. Freaking Otani breaking Yosuke's bike lol.

Oh man it is the beach episode next week. That beach scene was so funny in the game. So looking forward to that one :)
Jul 17, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2012
I'm loving this. It's much more enjoyable than persona 4 the animation. Though for those who haven't watched it (or played P4/P4G) this'd be really confusing. They skipped loads of in-game content.

The OP visuals were awesome, grabbed the P4G opening theme which I liked.

The up close and personal plan was hilarious in the game, but how they changed it around made it so hilarious!
(Brosuke's reaction to his ride being smashed was golden)

I'm loving this Yu. It's kinda how I played with Yu, and it makes him so much more memorable compared to P4A's Yu.
The ending part with Nanako had me laughing out loud.

The ED was nice too, it's fitting for Marie.

Next weeks episode: "I'm ready to be born, dammit!". Can't wait for best male to steal the show.
Jul 17, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2008
Different op? I guess the first one was fanservice for the gamers. Dat budget doe.
Jul 17, 2014 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
Gotta say, when playing P4G, Marie's english VA didn't really make me like her much (granted I didn't hate her or anything just so-so), but Kana Hanazawa voicing Marie makes her a lot cuter :D

Also, kinda obvious, but it seems like this version just tries to cover all the Golden exclusive scenes - since the bike mechanic was added into the Vita version, Okina City scenes are all exclusive to it
JPthugnificentJul 17, 2014 12:55 PM
Jul 17, 2014 1:07 PM

Jun 2013
Yu protect Nanako! Be the "onii-chan"!!!
Jul 17, 2014 1:12 PM

Feb 2013
Thank god Nanako wasn't too sad
Jul 17, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2008
And holy smokes that month jump in the first 5 minutes. So they're skipping everything that happened in the orignal and focusing solely on Marie and events that only happened in Golden.

This episode was hilarious and brought back a lot of fun memories from the game.

Also seems felt like they put their budget in the opening and on Marie. This episode had a lot of derpy designs, proportions and expressions.

Looks like we're getting the beach event next episode. I don't remember Marie being part of that though it appears she's in it for the preview.
PaulJul 17, 2014 1:21 PM
Jul 17, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
Even though it felt like a generic "I have many plans at the same time" episode, it was still pretty funny
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2014 1:24 PM
Aug 2012
I wasn't expecting them to show the entirety of Yukiko and Kanji's dungeons but this is completely ridiculous.

At this rate, it's probably going to end up a 4-5 on my list.

If you're going to cut out so much content, why not just focus on adapting the content from Golden?
Jul 17, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2012
Marie wasn't a part of the beach event but it was a added event to Golden so there it is.
Jul 17, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2010
Hilarious episode XD

Loving Marie <3 Her misleading lead ups to complimenting someone are so lol XD

Yu was so lololol this ep...the way he double booked and how his perfect plan was ruined with the challenges was priceless XD The way he cared about reaching Nanako on time and the dramatic phone call was gold XD Really loving this Yu a lot XD

Poor Yosuke T_T I was like "NOOOOOOOOOO" when his bike got crushed XDXD

Loved the ED <3
Jul 17, 2014 1:25 PM

Jan 2008
DingoEnderZOE2 said:
Marie wasn't a part of the beach event but it was a added event to Golden so there it is.

Been to long since I've played it so I can't say I remember.
Jul 17, 2014 1:39 PM

Jul 2014
Well this was a bit..... confusing. Seems like there was a time skip between the first and second episodes (with new characters that I'm pretty sure weren't in episode 1)

Nevertheless, the episode itself was still enjoyable and pretty funny. And who doesn't love HanaKana. 4/5
Jul 17, 2014 1:42 PM
Jan 2014
Lol, the way Yosuke's bike got trashed was hilarious. Kinda feel bad for him though.
At least now Yuu won't have to humiliate himself in front of Nanako, because it's DRAW.
I just love Marie's attitude.
Jul 17, 2014 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
My impressions so far is as I suspected this is mainly going to be a new game plus style where they focus mainly on the added Content from the game and Marie, and after watching the original anime and playing the games I am perfectly fine with that and honestly those who's watching the series for the first time SHOULD NOT be watching this first.
Jul 17, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2008
CaptainKatsuura said:
Well this was a bit..... confusing. Seems like there was a time skip between the first and second episodes (with new characters that I'm pretty sure weren't in episode 1)

Nevertheless, the episode itself was still enjoyable and pretty funny. And who doesn't love HanaKana. 4/5

If you haven't watched the orignal personal 4 anime or played the game(s), you're gonna get even more confused as it appears they're including a couple more characters next episode, and based on this episode, wouldn't be surprised if they don't even get a introduction either.

You're gonna be extremely lost.
Jul 17, 2014 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
It was a hilarious episode.

Yu doubled book and his plan got ruined because of the challenges.

Yosuke's bike got crushed..poor Yosuke.
Jul 17, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2007
Wow I guess that settles that don't expect any plot stuff about the murders since it seems they aren't going to pay it any mind. Which I hope I'm proven wrong I really want some

Putting that aside, that was a really hilarious ep. I like the opening. I can't get enough of the end part where it shows the trail of Persona 4 Golden. Lol, I can't believe they would start it out with Marie's poems they still make me cringe but its nice to hear it in Hana Kana's voice. I didn't think they would combine boys plan and shopping with the girls but man that was pretty funny. Poor Yosuke he got his bike totaled. I really enjoyed this episode. I guess my only complaint would be in the game

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 17, 2014 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
Wow, that girl from Okina City was a reference to Takanashi Rikka from Chuunibyou? The one talking about her eye and stuff... And this episode was hilarious. Yu wearing gag glasses in front of Nanako 10/10
Jul 17, 2014 2:04 PM

Apr 2010
I guess this is pretty much a comedy anime with persona 4 characters.
Jul 17, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2013
Hum... they changed the opening.
It was a really funny episode, I forgive them for ''rushing''.

Yu really has a Sister Complex.
Jul 17, 2014 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
I see, so it's going to be that type of anime (for the most part is seems). Well, can't say I'm complaining, it's been a while since I laughed that much.
Jul 17, 2014 2:50 PM

Jun 2007
Hilarious episode. Really hope it'll stay hilarious like this too.
Though just as last week, the parts with Marie makes me cringe, and i kinda feel like puking. She was already horrible in the game, and then she's even worse here, since she's voiced by that horrible Hanazawa Kana. Can't she just go burn in hell so we can enjoy this series much more?

Well, Narukami being hilarious like this kinda makes up for those horrible scenes with Marie, but still, it could have been so much more enjoyable without her.
And I'm kinda worried since they probably won't be able to keep all episodes hilarious like this either, and then the episodes will really be ruined if they have any scenes with her :(

Great OP though, and good ED song (even if the animation was awful).
Jul 17, 2014 3:01 PM
Sep 2013
This new opening proves this is definitely a NG+, if you look at Yu near the end of it, you can see the maxed out parameters in the background.

A bit surprised they'll doing the beach episode next week was expecting it to be a little later on.

ManaAlchemist said:
Though just as last week, the parts with Marie makes me cringe, and i kinda feel like puking. She was already horrible in the game, and then she's even worse here, since she's voiced by that horrible Hanazawa Kana. Can't she just go burn in hell so we can enjoy this series much more?

Sorry to say but this anime is primarily focusing on Marie the fact that she appears in the beach episode is proof of this as she wasn't there in the game.

I'm having a feeling they're not going to do Adachi's SL, I hope I'm wrong about this.
Jul 17, 2014 3:26 PM
Mar 2012
God, I love Yuu in The Golden, he chooses all the badass lines.
Jul 17, 2014 4:04 PM

Oct 2010
seems like they're completely skipping the murders? Well, it would be interesting if in the end it'd turn out that Yu took care of that right from the beginning, though SOMETHING has to happen, they know about the TV after all?

This episode was pretty funny and apparently they want to do something similar next episode; I suppose this is fun in it's own way, still waiting for some action though.
Jul 17, 2014 4:18 PM

Sep 2010
I dropped this anime at episode 2, its effing horrible, dropped before it makes me hate the original cast from the games.
Jul 17, 2014 4:18 PM

Jul 2014
Love Hanazawa Kana voice in this series, she can suit the character <3

Both OP and ED is good, eventhough OP1 from P4G is better i think

what's the matter with Yu? he's character is really funny, just like Yosuke, it's really different than in P4G, and his character really made this series become comedy, once again, he really is funny, i can't stop laughing

watching this series makes me want to play the game, it's interesting..

next episode we will see Rise? and Beach Scene? Nice!!! can't wait~~~
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Jul 17, 2014 4:25 PM

Dec 2011
Judging from the opening, I'm pretty sure they expected you to watch the 1st anime before this one.
Jul 17, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2014
Zetsubo667 said:
This new opening proves this is definitely a NG+, if you look at Yu near the end of it, you can see the maxed out parameters in the background.
I'm having a feeling they're not going to do Adachi's SL, I hope I'm wrong about this.
^^^^

If they do reference his S-Link, I suspect it'll be near the middle to end of the run.

Part of me almost wonders if the murders are even happening at all... I guess there must be kidnappings since they kind of side-reference the TV world (plus they're all friends) but... Kanji mentions recovering from being "sick?"

Speaking of Kanji, I really like much this adaptation is respecting his character. In P4A, he seemed liked such a joke. Now he's got the right amount of moe cool.

Best Yu moment: distracted from his mission by cats. Do not fight me on this.
Jul 17, 2014 4:42 PM

Jun 2011
In any case, I expected what I got and much more from this episode. It made me remember the awful regimenting that I had to do in Persona 3 where I had to have the perfect schedule to satisfy everyone.

This might just be me, but I think they're setting up Marie to take up Yuu's spot as the main protagonist. At least, that's what I got when she was interacting with the girls. She's more like the Yuu from the original adaptations.

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary remark.
julyanJul 18, 2014 10:22 AM
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 17, 2014 5:01 PM
Mar 2009
Absolute total comedy!

Almost as good as Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu!
(well, no, not in that league, but still, they try really hard to be funny).
Jul 17, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2010
Marie's way of praising stuff!
The two *perfect* plans xD

All those changes to Yu's plan. The chat with Nanako made it seem like he is going into a full-out war!
Jul 17, 2014 5:06 PM

May 2013
dutchah said:
I wasn't expecting them to show the entirety of Yukiko and Kanji's dungeons but this is completely ridiculous.

If you're going to cut out so much content, why not just focus on adapting the content from Golden?

... They are focusing on that. The first episode established Marie's introduction and the New Game + scenario. The second episode focused on some of Marie's Social Link events and the Up Close and Personal Plan
Jul 17, 2014 6:10 PM

Nov 2007
It's really fast...

lol~ Green and Red.

Nampa?? lol~

Such a fun ep., and ED is nice.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 17, 2014 6:21 PM

Oct 2013
Oh man! They got both the shopping spree and phone numbers contest in this episode!

So I guess this adaptation will only cover the Marie/Extra moments only, which is find by me. Really rather they do that then rush a remake in 12 episodes.

So I'm gonna guess they're going to leave around a episode for
, 2 episodes for
and maybe a episode for

I really hope they do valentine day. Would love to see

Overall, the pacing is about what I expect being only 12 episodes, but with this not being a complete remake and only mostly covering the new scenes, I'm completely fine with that.
"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end."
Jul 17, 2014 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
lx_theo said:
dutchah said:

... They are focusing on that. The first episode established Marie's introduction and the New Game + scenario. The second episode focused on some of Marie's Social Link events and the Up Close and Personal Plan
^ this in fact i doubt their even gonna be doing much of the main story since were jumping right into the beach event with everyone,which makes me wonder what the remaining episodes will be like once all the golden *fun* events are over.

funny episode Yu just wanted to make it home to Nanako-chan ;-; he fought hard.
Jul 17, 2014 7:28 PM

Dec 2008
Yuu caused me to almost laugh out a lung! I would love to see him in shorts and gag glasses!!

I'm still not feeling Marie. They better get her into a social skills class quickly, or else she's going to get a beat down by someone that doesn't understand her.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 17, 2014 8:04 PM

Jan 2008
I haven't enjoyed a good episode of anime like this in a long time. It was "perfect". If I were Yuu, I would have played it off and said "I only left so Marie can get more comfortable around others and become friendlier with you girls".

Those background characters Yuu hit on seemed quite interesting on their own. I wouldn't mind seeing of them again...minus for the okama.

That fat chick...where does all that confidence come from...her fat reserves? She must be using a concave mirror. The whole time, right when she decided to sit, I was screaming "nooooooooooo!!!!!!". I really felt Yosuke's pain, probably because it really hit close to home. How is this girl popular with some of the people around town that are her admirers!? That bitch, I hope she ends up alone and miserable for life.

I wouldn't be surprised if the woman Yosuke hit on gave him a fake number.
Jul 17, 2014 8:08 PM

Nov 2008
Oh, they're not even bothering with the main story at all now. Okay.

The episode got better as it went on, but the animation took a very sharp dive in quality. The 2011 show was at least good about close-up shots. In this one, those can go either way...

It's nice to see the Golden extra bits animated, but the hilariously bad way they're handling the actual plot is kinda distracting from that. This clearly isn't meant to be a serious adaptation of the game, but it does lose it some points.
Jul 17, 2014 8:16 PM

Oct 2011
I kinda hoped that this would be an improved adaption upon the original, but I guess it's just covering Golden bits whilst skimming through the main content. Only 12 episodes too.
At least I played Golden before watching either anime. Also, it's interesting how they're handling Yu, with him planning out his whole schedule in a hilarious way which highlights the importance of time planning in the actual game.
Jul 17, 2014 8:16 PM

Aug 2012
Holy pacing! Yeah guess they aren't focusing on the main plot at all.
Episode 1 - Yu get's his persona & meets Teddy
Episode 2 - Kanji appears, Okina city, scooter scene.
Episode 3 -
Jul 17, 2014 8:19 PM
Mar 2013
This episode was too much lol

Perfect plan my foot. Poor Yu he tried and tried but he should've realized nothing ever goes according to plan ^_^

Pheromone = Fillet Mignon...Oh Kanji, you and your misunderstandings.

Yu isn't picky about who he asks out is he? Even going so far as a old lady and a cat no less ^^

"Draw!!!" xD I'm sorry Chie, but if I was the judge the first two rounds wouldn't have ended in your favor.

Poor Yosuke. I bet this is what Yu was thinking in the back of his mind when he saw Yosuke's bike get trashed xD

Next episode is going to be even better than this one. Can't wait!
Jul 17, 2014 8:41 PM
Aug 2013
dutchah said:

Well..it's exactly what they are doing...they only showed the new golden scenes.

This series is like the episode *.5 of the original P4A.
Jul 17, 2014 9:04 PM
Mar 2013
this episode so funny, non stop laughing.
Jul 17, 2014 10:21 PM

Sep 2013
I'm actually loving this. I loved Marie when I was playing but when I came to know that her Japanese VA was HanaKana, that made me love her even more. I think they are just gonna animate all the filler scenes and maybe include a few battles here and there. Either way, I am enjoying this a lot! Nice to see Yu getting all badass dialogues here unlike in the previous series.
Jul 17, 2014 11:03 PM

Mar 2013
Ew, they're really not gonna show any actual story at all? No wonder this anime's so short. I was expecting it super condensed, not totally fucking deleted. Ugh, I really loved seeing the shadow selves too. Marie is so horrible too. She's literally the worst tsundere archetype in existence. If it weren't for getting to see Kanji do dumb shit like ride on mummy bikes and buy bags of wool then I doubt I'd even be bothering. Destroy Marie 2k14.
Jul 17, 2014 11:32 PM

Nov 2012
Looks like they are not wasting any time introducing the characters, they just assume you already know their stories and want to focus on Golden stuff. Its kinda weird hearing their voices in Japanese now, considering I played p4g in english..

Still pretty funny, the humor in P4GA is done surprisingly well so far. Especially that bike scene. Mostly verbatim stuff from P4G, but I love how they made that schedule conflict thing too, and also when they were getting rejected by all those girls XD

For some reason I get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing something from the game exactly reproduced in this anime haha.

Well Straggy, I agree in that Marie wasn't the greatest character from the game. I still enjoyed some of her social link days though..I actually thought it was cute to see her denying those poems though and seeing her get all flustered, I remember enjoying that in the game..
midnightbladeJul 17, 2014 11:37 PM
Jul 17, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2012
lol this episode was hilarious~
Marie's personality is really cute~

people who havent seen the first anime are prob gonna be really confused
i feel like this is gonna turn out to be a whole series of episodes of what happened in between the main dungeon events that happened in the first anime series

but anyways, really enjoying the series xD
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best Girl?

BokukkoFan - May 30, 2023

13 by hikkiyuki »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

51 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

63 by 0451 »»
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » I'm surprised this is so much less popular than the 2011 anime.

IWannaDeleteThis - Sep 27, 2014

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

41 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.