Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2014 8:58 AM
Jan 2014
These people who said they prefer an immature, rebellious, dumbass kid with anger management issue to a stoic MC would be the first to rage if they had to put up with the same dumbass while their life is on the line. Just saying.

Aside from that, I don't hate Tokimune. Yes, he sucks, and he's kinda a d*ck at times, but he does try to aim for that better outcome. I actually dislike him less after I realised this side of his in episode 2, when he was ordered to stay behind and went along with it, telling Jamie it is for the better. Unfortunately, he's still an annoying dumbass.
Jul 18, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
stop bitchin about tokimune, i like this anime. good episode, idk i just love all those side characters including the enemy they all look experienced and mature, and well realistic, no screaming and emo shit like any other usual mecha anime (and ofc i dont hate those as well).
Jul 18, 2014 10:28 AM

Nov 2012
I'm decided to put this series on hold for now, even if it is 2-cour. I'll check what people are saying about it after summer season is over. If it seems like it picked up at some point, then I'll start watching it again + catch up on the episodes.
Jul 18, 2014 11:15 AM

Oct 2013
pretty good episode
seems like its going to have some good pacing to it
[/quote]
Jul 18, 2014 5:43 PM
Apr 2010
Tokimune needs to be back-handed hard to teach him a lesson. I mean seriously, this is the SECOND TIME he disobeyed orders. He's so lucky he that its still war or else he'd get court marshalled already.
Jul 18, 2014 6:05 PM

Nov 2012
Flipside101 said:
Tokimune needs to be back-handed hard to teach him a lesson. I mean seriously, this is the SECOND TIME he disobeyed orders. He's so lucky he that its still war or else he'd get court marshalled already.

I'm also pretty sure it has something to do with him being the only one able to pilot the argevollen right now too..
Jul 18, 2014 6:29 PM

Dec 2008
They're going to have to put Tokimune under strict confinement, or else he's going to destroy the Argevollen by constantly running off to play hero.

Samonji is one hell of a strategist!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 18, 2014 7:24 PM

Apr 2010
Sakurai Takahiro made the episode for me. I just might stick around to hear more of him.

I also like how the mechs look more like they came out of MechWarrior (seriously, the scout mech in the previous ep looked a lot like a Raven with a chin-mounted minigun) rather than a more typical Japanese design.
Jul 18, 2014 7:41 PM

May 2012
Meh. Feels like a generic mecha anime. Aldnoah.Zero is better than this

Jul 18, 2014 7:55 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was the worst srsly, it was too boring, hopefully something happens in the upcoming episodes or i'll drop it
Jul 18, 2014 9:37 PM

Mar 2008
It pains me to see people unknown to the joys of the hunkering robot and the quiet of the front.
Jul 18, 2014 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm there are not many yelling from our dumbass pilot, now that's some development. And i'm glad that finally the superior yelled at him for disobeying order. God he's so lucky for someone whose actions could jeopardize the entire mission, two freaking times.

And honestly i don't buy that "only the first pilot could ride Argevollen" crap. Can't they just work something out like resetting the entire system if they want to change pilot ?
Jul 18, 2014 10:09 PM

Mar 2008
Beast666 said:
And honestly i don't buy that "only the first pilot could ride Argevollen" crap. Can't they just work something out like resetting the entire system if they want to change pilot ?
Presumedly it's locked for security purposes and Jamie doesn't know how to reverse it. At this point, he's also the only pilot with experience with the control system.
Jul 19, 2014 4:20 AM

Sep 2008
I wanna drop this so badly, but I also want a good argument to justify rating this as low as possible.

I'll keep watching for now.
Jul 19, 2014 4:23 AM

Dec 2013
Almost as bad as the Ry-fart from Break Blade. Insubordination for a second time in three episodes, he really can't blame anyone but himself if his "heroics" got him buried under the rubble in that valley. I think for this MC to grow and mature, someone will have to die. The other route is he gets captured and the enemy steals his machine and makes a bunch of copies who then wreak havoc and destroy their country and makes him realize that he's the cause of his country's downfall.

Either way, I wish something bad happens to him when his brain goes AWOL during the next mission. The faster he matures, the better.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 19, 2014 4:29 AM

Sep 2008
L-Ryoshi said:
Almost as bad as the Ry-fart from Break Blade. Insubordination for a second time in three episodes, he really can't blame anyone but himself if his "heroics" got him buried under the rubble in that valley. I think for this MC to grow and mature, someone will have to die. The other route is he gets captured and the enemy steals his machine and makes a bunch of copies who then wreak havoc and destroy their country and makes him realize that he's the cause of his country's downfall.

I don't see this anime going that way, and that is why I hate is as much as I do.

Constant disregard for orders, placing his allies in danger would sooner or later get his whole squad dead. MC is a danger to everyone around him yet he always gets zero punishment.
Last episode people were yelling how it's not his fault he's bad at controlling machine because "he's rookie". Well, if he's rookie he should be fresh out of military academy and should know what order is.
He seems more like some upper-command officers son who does whatever the hell he wants with his strong toy while not caring 2 cents about others.
Jul 19, 2014 4:39 AM

Nov 2013
nina4life said:
He seems more like some upper-command officers son who does whatever the hell he wants with his strong toy while not caring 2 cents about others.
Considering that in both times he disobeyed orders he did it to save others, I don't really agree with you here.
Jul 19, 2014 4:45 AM

Sep 2008
Botato said:
nina4life said:
Considering that in both times he disobeyed orders he did it to save others, I don't really agree with you here.

I meant it more in a way that he acts however he feels like, not his motivations.

A cocky, arrogant brat would do it for personal glory and "fun", while he does it to save lives.
While his motivations are indeed pure, what he's doing is still potentially more dangerous than heroic. Heroes don't live long. And neither do their allies.
But as I said, this is just anime, too much realism is not needed.
Some would be nice though. Only 1 harsh "don't try to be a hero ever again" from, not commanding officer, but only his senior for 2 rash actions which endangered others? Come on now.
Jul 19, 2014 4:52 AM

Nov 2013
nina4life said:
I meant it more in a way that he acts however he feels like, not his motivations.
Ah.. Makes more sense this way.

nina4life said:
A cocky, arrogant brat would do it for personal glory and "fun", while he does it to save lives.
While his motivations are indeed pure, what he's doing is still potentially more dangerous than heroic. Heroes don't live long. And neither do their allies.
That makes him a character with lots of potential for development and change. I'm personally interested in seeing where he will end up by the end of this show.

nina4life said:
But as I said, this is just anime, too much realism is not needed.
Some would be nice though. Only 1 harsh "don't try to be a hero ever again" from, not commanding officer, but only his senior for 2 rash actions which endangered others? Come on now.
Well, they WERE in the middle of battle/retreating and they need every man they have, they don't have time to waste on pointless squabbling among each other. From the preview I got the impression that he got some kind of punishment, and it makes more sense that he gets it after things quiet down and they have less pressing matters to deal with.
Jul 19, 2014 8:22 AM

Sep 2008
Honestly? I doubt this show has the quality to work on his character.

There may be potential for his character development, sure, but considering how things have been up to this point I seriously doubt we'll get one.
Oh, there will be development, but nothing radical or well explained. I expect some speech, argument or something similar to occur. Suffice to say, I have no faith in this show.
Jul 19, 2014 8:40 AM

Aug 2011
Good episode. The action was less intense that I would've liked, but I now have a bit of respect for the Captain. I was starting to think him a useless character with a chip on his shoulder.
Jul 19, 2014 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode altogether. Of course the only pilot for Argevollen is an unskilled selfless idealist who uses his new found power to save people, it'd be pretty boring if Tokimune was just perfect from the get go! The group needs someone like Tokimune in it as all the rest of the group all strictly follow orders, while the leader himself seems cold and emotionless (but I bet he cares really). Tokimune needs to be the guy that cares as no one else would be. So far I've been enjoying this anime and the next episode looks set to be a rest from all the action, so we'll hopefully get more character development!
Jul 19, 2014 10:06 AM

Dec 2010
The machine may be unlucky, but Tokimure sure is lucky.

I need more suspense and I sure do hope we'll get drama at some point.
Jul 19, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
I can't tell if this show is bad or not, because I'm too uninterested to actually analyze it. It lacks the "reel" which other shows like Zankyou no Terror and Tokyo Ghoul have which drags the audience into the show. I didn't fall asleep this episode but I got nothing out of it.

AICW said:
Sakurai Takahiro made the episode for me. I just might stick around to hear more of him.

^
Jul 19, 2014 6:17 PM

Feb 2013
The blonde enemy pilot sounded like the same voice actor that did Ali Al-Saachez in Gundam00... same war-monger attitude too.

Superior robot, inferior pilot. The cliche!
Jul 19, 2014 11:35 PM

Jan 2011
continue to be bad in story and animations, i guess thats it
Jul 19, 2014 11:44 PM
Oct 2013
I am military, have military in my family for generations and no matter how 'noble' that privates acts are meant to be I would have shot him by now. His actions on than one occasion has put the lives of his unit in danger.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Jul 20, 2014 1:28 AM
Jul 2013
I swear that Hitachi Izuru from Ginga Kikoutai is a lot more better than Tokimune, Izuru at least has the 'skills' to not drag his team down, while Tokimune is just a plain....idiot...

I mean, both mechs' systems are 'based on survival' but Tokimune's 'survival image' doesn't seem to be anywhere close to Izuru's 'survival instinct'
Jul 21, 2014 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
Sadly the weakest episode yet, The series was hinting at squad based tactics and make it so every mech is powerful enough to take down another, but this episode threw that away inf avor of making tokimune gun down a bunch of mechs easilly yet randomly have issue with the antagonist because plot.

Hopefully the following episode will improve. Cause this episode showed more signs of stepping in the direction of mediocrity and lazy writing akin to code geass rather than ms team like it original hinted.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 21, 2014 2:20 PM

Nov 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Hopefully the following episode will improve. Cause this episode showed more signs of stepping in the direction of mediocrity and lazy writing akin to code geass rather than ms team like it original hinted.
But Code Geass was great :(
Jul 21, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
Also this series needs to work on its pacing, It feels like it doesnt quite realize its a 24 episode series and not a 50 episode one.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 21, 2014 2:44 PM

Nov 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Also this series needs to work on its pacing, It feels like it doesnt quite realize its a 24 episode series and not a 50 episode one.
What if they are actually planning a 24 episode sequel for this hmmmm...

Hahahaha... Probably not :(
Jul 22, 2014 12:27 AM

May 2013
THAT BUTT PLOT IS OVERWHELMING. TOKIMUNE JUST BLUSHED, haha.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 30, 2014 1:44 PM
Jul 2014
BurntJelly said:
The blonde enemy pilot sounded like the same voice actor that did Ali Al-Saachez in Gundam00... same war-monger attitude too.

Richthofen. Named after an (THE) german ace pilot in the first World War. ;) Also called "the Red Baron"] becaus auf his red painted aircraft [see color of the Ingelmian mechsquad].
SkoellwolfJul 30, 2014 1:47 PM
Aug 4, 2014 10:18 AM
May 2014
So far this just seems like a pretty generic, unoriginal plot. I'll watch some more episodes but I'm not exactly hyped for them..
Aug 9, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2013
LOL

Aug 26, 2014 6:20 PM

Mar 2014
This show is getting better with each passing episode. Slowly, but I do see that it's going somewhere.
Aug 26, 2014 6:21 PM

Mar 2014
MrNTR said:
Something I like about this show is that both sides are given sympathetic lights, rather than bad guys and good guys or allies and enemies, its more like humans and humans. Its the kind of thing you see in more mature war stories like "Legend of the Galactic Heroes."

Another thing is that unlike your typical shonen idiots or character types, the characters here actually act pretty logical; the only possible exception is the main character. I'm bashing him or anything, not at all, its just that he's kinda like your typical rash youthful protagonist. Actually, this may be a good thing, if he's just gonna follow orders like any old soldier rather than being proactive in his beliefs, he would just be any boring run of mill person like you and me.

Marzan said:
I really don't get why so many people hate this with a passion and yet a lot of other garbage out there is much more highly rated. Yes, the budget for this must have been negligible by the sight and sound of the animation and sound effects (those big heavy mofo's sound like popguns for God's sake!), but we have a decent war story were no one exhibits magical powers and the MC actually flees in the face of danger. Generic it is not (when do shounen hero's ever turn tail like that?!).

The MC is a bit of a blank slate. He has 21 more episodes to grow as a pilot and as a character. And I like that the officers are not all screaming their lungs out like in other shows.

Agree very much with both these points.
Sep 30, 2014 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The TV series without being sensational as that of A / Z is saved in the end for its solidity.
The atmosphere of the environment grows well and I like it, the same can be said of the plot, but it also slow enough reasoned.
The characters are all to be built, and in this respect also expect that the events take their course in a slow but genuine, without banality.
Drawings dropped a bit, the CG instead of saving it.
Not bad the various models of mecha, who knows if it will come out again.
I'm curious! XD
Still confident it can get out a good anime series.
Apr 10, 2016 10:25 PM

Aug 2013
Let's see... I hope there's a limit to how many times they want to make Tokimune play hero though.
I kinda sympathize with their unit for this, especially Silfy for having to scream her lungs out every time hahaha.
The plot armor he has is really high spec indeed.
Jan 4, 2017 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
Richthofen sure is an arrogant douchebag.

Tokimune was at least able to save a few soldiers.

How the others shot the rocks was cool.

The enemy was surprised by the decision to bury the path. Suddenly, they don't seem to be that smart anymore.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
Im actually enjoying this quite a bit so far, and i love Jamie, shes a total cutie!
But the MC is terrible and annoying, so i hope he gets better.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

74 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

76 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 11, 2017 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

194 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 8, 2017 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.