Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 6, 2014 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was kinda amusing. I swear, one the guys talked way too fast.

The mood feels somewhat like GJ-Club with more brighter colors. Wait, did I hear a heart go doki doki? Flag raised. Overall, I think this might be fun. The comedy hasn't hit the right angles though imo.
Jul 6, 2014 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
Was an amusing start. Looking forward to the next episode.

I've watched only 2 episodes of GJ-Club, but it kinda gives off the same feeling.
Jul 6, 2014 8:47 AM

Aug 2009
Bleh, not my favored sense of humor. The MC(dude) is nothing but a very dull ordinary boy.

Jokes might have been funny if he was like Shinpachi / Kazama Kenji throwing tsukomi's on the girls that actually have character.

I hope the plot goes further into the "Jinsei Soudan" part like SKET Dance did and actually save the Jinsei's of the students. But I doubt that'll happen and the plot will stick to regular ecchi, half/assed love comedy buhi buhi-ness. No expectation but Ill continue this if I can.

porkypinkJul 6, 2014 8:50 AM
[right]

Jul 6, 2014 11:25 PM

Jun 2013
Girls with spats always climb up second floor windows LOL xD

many new voice actors no voices recognized wow

lol at the kyabetsu advertising
lucidbrandonJul 6, 2014 11:30 PM
Jul 7, 2014 2:43 AM

Apr 2011
Slice of life and slice of ecchi. The spats girl resembles Rin from LB.
Jul 7, 2014 10:35 PM

Apr 2012
that girl dose look like the sisters from kissxsis
Jul 7, 2014 10:40 PM

Jun 2013
Basically its your typical gaggle of girls who gather around Mr. MC Betasworth Averageson. Otherwise, the premise says it all.

Many new voice actors, and it shows a little, but it's not a bad thing for a series like this.

It's got some light humor. I liked the rail gun reference, lol.

I won't be watching because it was honestly too boring for me.

Mod Edit: Removed comments about a certain fansub.
julyanJul 8, 2014 7:18 AM
Jul 7, 2014 10:45 PM
Mar 2013
MC is so darn boring :/
Would be far better if he at least made some tsukomi or something. He doesn't fit into a comedy at all.

That lowered my enjoyment of the humour.
Jul 7, 2014 10:52 PM

Jun 2013
I literally just finished Gj-Bu earlier today and I'm not the only one who felt the same vibe from this anime. I noticed the ecchi tag from this anime but they already went to a fanservice wet T-shirt scene. That was freaking fast. Not the best first episode since it went a random direction then sped up to a romantic moment at the last scene (pretty sure this ship has sailed already) but I'll continue to watch this.

Btw, the first girl in the anime looks almost like Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats! and Izumi Suzuki looks like Rin Natsume from Little Busters!

Jul 7, 2014 10:53 PM

Mar 2014
is it just me or was the water balloon fight supposed to lead up to a sexual joke....
"the one who gets the most wet loses",
after Ikumi finished playing with Fumi's boobs, she says shes been defeated,
if it was, then omg wtf amazing joke, slightly messed up but good.

Rewatched the episode with different subs, in my inexperience with the japanese language, I failed to pick up on the mentioning of Rino, showing the joke was about breast size rather than.....a certain sexual reference..... slightly disappoint.
zunderdog24Jul 9, 2014 6:15 AM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 7, 2014 10:54 PM

Oct 2013
Well i can see why it took so long to get subbed holy dam
lol at Fumi and Endou conversations XD
that water ballon fight mmhmm
Skinship
decent so far was hoping for a little more ecchi >.>
[/quote]
Jul 7, 2014 10:55 PM
Jul 2013
GJ-bu vibes all over, while the male MC in GJ-bu was not great he was not boring, had his own personality and quirks about him.
Our male MC here is... boring.

But I guess I'll keep watching...
Jul 7, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2010
That was quite amusing ^^ Mao sitting on top of the jenga tower!
The advices they give from 3 entirely different perspective xD
Ikumi reminds me of Rin a little, with a similar look and throwing pitches!
That water balloon fight and those dodges!
Yuuki able to read that fast, I just had to stop the video thinking that it would be gone in an instant.
Rino being extremely hard to talk to at the shrine!
That purple alien like mascot O.o
Jul 7, 2014 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
Relatively good start to the show.
Ikumi definitely reminds me of Rin.
Ikumi and the water balloon fight! Ikumi touching Fumi's boobs and feeling defeated XD
Lawl at Yuuki's ability to read ridiculously fast.

Got some GJ-bu vibes from this myself.

Mod Edit: Removed a comment about the subs.
julyanJul 8, 2014 7:18 AM
Jul 8, 2014 12:24 AM
Mar 2012
Beautiful harem of girls, slice of life comedy, and ecchi. This will be a good anime.
Jul 8, 2014 12:42 AM

Mar 2013
it was ok
but everything felt like copy paste from anime on
this style with minor changes.
Jul 8, 2014 12:56 AM

Jan 2012
Even I could tell those subs were...lacking. I feel I could potentially enjoy this but with access to subs less than a certainty I might hafta put it on indefinite hold.
Jul 8, 2014 1:12 AM
Mar 2013
It had a nice feel to it. Definitely gonna watch in between all my other anime.
Jul 8, 2014 2:17 AM

Aug 2013
When I saw Mao in the opening minutes I thought "ooh is this going to be like GJ-bu?" Alas, tis not. Comedy fell flat. The male character was dull...really dull. Kyoro looked average but he was funny.

Maybe the jokes were lost in translation? I can only understand a bit of Japanese but even I can tell it was poorly translated. Props to the subbers' efforts though. I'll wait for another subbing group to pick this up. Will re-watch but if it's not much different from this one then this will probably be the first drop of the season.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 8, 2014 3:09 AM

Jun 2013
The idea of the series itself was good, but the result was pretty much average.

Kinda felt like GJ-bu and i don't have any problems with that, but the comedy was rather weak.

Hope the series will get better despite the slow start, it has the potential to do so.
Jul 8, 2014 3:12 AM

May 2013
I was after the comedy part. I didn't laugh at all when it tried to show.
Yes, there were many familiar faces in this anime.
Jul 8, 2014 3:44 AM

May 2010
Normally, I love this type of plot (most of my fav anime tend to be involve some HS club and are comedies) and would do anything to watch anime like this, but I found it to very weak comedy-wise. Most scenes were forced, though the animation was nice. The OP is average.

I am still wondering why Mao appeared. Are the artists of these two light novels related or something?

Been a while I have been this bored from a comedy... This can't be compared to Gj-bu at all, Gj-bu is a gem as compared to this average anime. Sure, Gj-bu didn't become one of my favorite anime forever till I watched 3/4 of it, bu even if you compare the first episodes of both shows, Gj-bu one was 10x better.

5/10, even me being a fan of these types of show didn't help much. I might watch it once it ends, but only if I read some good comments and reviews about this. For now, I am dropping it.
Jul 8, 2014 4:00 AM

Aug 2013
AikaKateshiki said:
I couldn't understand what's going on half of the time...

Yup, same.
Somehow I kind of enjoyed this anime a bit though, despite thinking it was bad at the same time.
Jul 8, 2014 4:25 AM

Sep 2013
Felt really dull and boring i was looking forward to this anime but i might drop it if it doesnt improve in the next ep
Jul 8, 2014 4:40 AM

Dec 2011
Yeah... at least the main male character looks different from your typical ones... well... at least he isn't stereotypical I guess lol.

Isn't that Mao from GJ-bu on top of the... hehe...

Oh look, Rin/Riko from Little Busters/Kiss x Sis is also here lol.

Yuuki can really read fast...

Now that's some Matrix shit I'm seeing from Ikumi lol.

So calling her Rino made her skip a beat huh.

LOL, revenge for the secret arts of communication XD.

Yuuki x Rino, it has been decided!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 8, 2014 5:04 AM

Jul 2012
StefanMZ said:

Yuuki x Rino, it has been decided!

It could be clearly seen from the OP
Heck,i was supposed to laugh? And why she spoke so much about future?

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Jul 8, 2014 5:44 AM

Jun 2011
Did I miss something, this episode didn't feel like episode one at all.
Such randomness.
Jul 8, 2014 6:44 AM

May 2010
watching this episode was like having a déjà-vu: same boring character stereotypes(ugh) with such an uninspired and overused setting ..not worth my time.

4/10 dropped
Jul 8, 2014 6:46 AM

Jan 2014
Shih said:
Did I miss something, this episode didn't feel like episode one at all.
antipurefaith said:
that girl dose look like sisters from kissxsis
decent start,not boring...hoping for better subs next episodes.Fumi's imagination and baloon fight was good..
Jul 8, 2014 7:20 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned.

Anime said:
5. Do not ask when subs/raws will be released, or where to download/watch an episode.
6. Refrain from comparing/conversing about whose fansubs to use or watch in the Episode Discussion.
Jul 8, 2014 7:25 AM

Oct 2011
ThreePointer said:
I literally just finished Gj-Bu earlier today and I'm not the only one who felt the same vibe from this anime. I noticed the ecchi tag from this anime but they already went to a fanservice wet T-shirt scene. That was freaking fast. Not the best first episode since it went a random direction then sped up to a romantic moment at the last scene (pretty sure this ship has sailed already) but I'll continue to watch this.

Btw, the first girl in the anime looks almost like Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats! and Izumi Suzuki looks like Rin Natsume from Little Busters!

DOn't forget back haired girl looks like Homura from Madoka Magica
Jul 8, 2014 8:22 AM

May 2013
Lol that little Mao in the beginning. This episode was okay.
Jul 8, 2014 9:15 AM
Mar 2014
Fell short of expectations, and I wasn't even expecting much. Pretty much what everyone else has said, comedy fell flat, MC has no presence at all, uninteresting characters with sub-par writing that wasn't able to bring them to life. Disappointed with the requests and the solutions they came up with, the little potential that the premise had felt wasted. Felt too random, and not in a good way either.

On an even more subjective note, I was completely uninspired by the seiyu's for Rino and Fumi. They weren't bad at all, and they probably did their best with the lines given to them, but it didn't feel like they were able to build their character's identity with their voice at all. idk, I might just be crazy :p

The one thing I did like in this episode was the water balloon fight where Ikumi went into badass mode. Holy god that was awesome. Part of me wants to see more of that even though it'll be shamelessly obvious recycling... Oh, and the OP was actually pretty nice too.

3/5 I'll give it another chance before I drop.
Renge is love, Renge is life.
Jul 8, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
Well a decent episode overall,I liked to see the little Mao in the start.

It feels like GJ-bu but GJ-bu is like x10 times better.
(The MC in GJ-bu was a lot more funny and entertaining then the one in Jinsei the MC in Jinsei is just boring in my book.)

I dont like the Yuuki x Rino thing,I just dont like it.

Well I will check out a few more episodes and I will see schould I watch or drop this anime.
Jul 8, 2014 10:11 AM
Nov 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA long time that I don't see something so fucking terrible like that. Also, probably the worst characterization I see in a while. And I thought Kiss x Sis was bad... This "Feel" sucks at making anime, it seems. They make only crap.
blankflatJul 8, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 8, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2010
I liked this hopefully next week will be nice as well.
Seemed like a funny group and some nice comedy not to mention fan service, what more can we ask for.
Jul 8, 2014 10:49 AM

Dec 2011
I expected something a bit more fun... maybe some jokes were lost in the fansub... I think it has nice art/animation and even the characters are well drawn despite their similarities to other anime characters... oh well, hopefully Crunchyroll gets it...

Looks like this will be an anime full of dialogue.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2014 11:14 AM

Sep 2013
ok first episode. But i did burst out laughing when Fumi mention her uncle Gomez. My last name is Gomez so thats the reason ^.^
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jul 8, 2014 11:26 AM
Aug 2011
Holy... the four of them pretty much talked nonstop yet I felt like they said nothing at all.
This situation is probably worse than an anime where the characters hardly talk.

One of the worst first episodes this season but unlike the rest of them this feels like it will do nothing to improve itself.

The glasses couple is the most promising thing I see right now but I doubt they'll pursue a relationship- so this s a pass for me.
Jul 8, 2014 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
OMG
1. this is a light novel adaption, why does it look so much like a 4-koma one
2. not really funny, not enough moe, normal sound track, lack of story, feel like rush, feel like filter
3. at least the art and the PV is good
Jul 8, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
Atlast a girl that said from the beginning to the MC ...."you need a fucking girlfriend".
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 8, 2014 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
It was not that bad at all. I would say it was an alright episode.

Akamatsu getting three different advices from three different perspectives.

Ikumi reminded me of Rin from Little Busters.
Jul 8, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2011
i enjoyed it. it's like seitokai no ichizon with the wackiness toned down a bit
Jul 8, 2014 2:07 PM

Oct 2012
Jose07 said:
ok first episode. But i did burst out laughing when Fumi mention her uncle
Gomez. My last name is Gomez so thats the reason ^.^

Can anybody explain why that joke is funny? Was there something additional in the
original Japanese? It just seemed so random.
Jul 8, 2014 3:22 PM

Jan 2009
meh. too random for me...

dropped.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jul 8, 2014 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
A show that is based on verbal humour needs an excellent set of translators. Although I appreciate the work of the fansubbers who handled this, that will be a real problem for this anime unless something changes. I thought there might be some chemistry between the mc and Science club girl, but it was difficult to know for sure. Will watch at least a couple more episodes to give it a chance.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 8, 2014 5:30 PM

Jan 2008
ThreePointer said:

^This. That's what I thought too. I wonder if this was intentional? Or it could be that Ayaka Nikaido is just another Rei Ayanami Expy.
Jul 8, 2014 6:07 PM

Feb 2011
this is the animation equivalent to watching grass grow or paint dry.

Jul 8, 2014 6:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Well, that certainly wasn't the worst I've ever seen, but while I found the opening remark by the Newspaper club present to Yuuki to be funny (for personal reasons, to be sure), not long after that I started to wonder what else I could be watching. I might give it another episode or two. Maybe not.
Jul 8, 2014 6:47 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, that was ... interesting. It seems like everyone was speaking really fast XD All the girls seem interesting so far. Also their seiyuus sound so familiar but it turns out I know like none of them O_O Weird lol XD
Pretty energetic OP and ED (though we didn't catch much of it). Water balloon fight ... fanservice already? :P Then having trouble talking with people and getting club members ... which somehow gets people in a date. Things sure are moving quickly! XD Not sure if I feel the chemistry between the science girl and MC yet, but we'll see. Hopefully they can keep this show interesting :3
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» So undderated

Ghefira - Sep 6, 2023

0 by Ghefira »»
Sep 6, 2023 6:08 PM

Poll: » Jinsei Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2014

52 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 13, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Jinsei Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

24 by Ashhk »»
May 11, 2021 7:18 AM

Poll: » Jinsei Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

21 by Ashhk »»
May 11, 2021 6:51 AM

Poll: » Jinsei Episode 10 Discussion

kuuderes_shadow - Sep 7, 2014

36 by Ashhk »»
May 11, 2021 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.