Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2015 5:36 PM

Jan 2007
Lillard not making the cut is blasphemous. Same with Boogie. D:
Jan 29, 2015 7:24 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
These blowouts tonight are killing me. I need Gasol and Clarkson to have big games.
Jan 29, 2015 7:30 PM

Sep 2013
While I do respect Duncan for his averages at age 38, D Boogie should have been an all star this year. Although he can still be one due to Bryant's injury, it's gonna be either him or lillard (and I'm also a big fan of him)... so hard to choose but Boogie has better stats.
sic mundus
Jan 29, 2015 7:34 PM

Dec 2010
deanzel said:
I also am a complete Kyrie Irving homer as I went to Duke and I'm a Cavs fan. He can do anything that he wants and I'll always believe in his unreal talent and the way Coach K coached him up and influenced him. I was so horrified by the vocal minority who wanted to trade Kyrie and build around Dion last year after Dion had his little hot streak to end the season. Or the people that were clamoring to trade Kyrie this year when the Cavs were struggling. So watching yesterday's entire game on TV was so fulfilling.

I've been a pretty heavy Kyrie fan on here. He does a few things that are annoying, but I've always made the claim that, given his age and what he's done already, his potential is absolutely enormous; he's still only fucking 22 years of age.

I will say that I actually thought that he was the one that needed to take the biggest "stats" hit in Cleveland for this big 3 to work. The fact that it's been K Love, for me at least, is one of the more concerning things going forward now that they have at least somewhat addressed their defensive needs.

Rastafa21 said:
While I do respect Duncan for his averages at age 38, D Boogie should have been an all star this year. Although he can still be one due to Bryant's injury, it's gonna be either him or lillard (and I'm also a big fan of him)... so hard to choose but Boogie has better stats.

For me at least, Duncan being in this year's all star game is far more excusable than Kobe being in it. Similar reasons, but Duncan is still on a very good team, and producing amazingly well for his age with 22 double-doubles on the season. He's also been relatively healthy, despite the usual "rest" sits from Pop, as opposed to Kobe, who had to miss multiple weeks even prior to the torn cuff.

Both Cousins and Lillard have been all-star caliber players this year though. I'd favor Lillard getting in actually over Cousins, but we'll have to see.
UmbryaJan 29, 2015 7:39 PM
Jan 31, 2015 8:37 PM

Dec 2010
mattao313 said:
deanzel said:
Damn. Jennings just hurt his ankle. From first look, it looks like an Achilles tear imo. That might put a fork in the Pistons' playoffs hopes as Jennings was really playing great for them and an important part of their post-Smith run. I hope that I'm wrong though.

Yup our playoff hopes are over Jennings was very important in our success and our back up is D.J. Augustin who is garbage.

Might wanna take that back bruh.. certainly not on Jennings' level, but certainly not garbage lol
Feb 2, 2015 7:33 PM

Jan 2009
the Hawks streak is over
Feb 2, 2015 7:35 PM

Sep 2014
j0x said:
the Hawks streak is over

I was watching the game, that win was almost too easy for the Pelicans. Can't say that I didn't see it coming with Davis back in the lineup, but I definitely didn't think it'd be a blowout like that
Feb 2, 2015 7:39 PM

Jan 2009
utkaar099 said:
j0x said:
the Hawks streak is over

I was watching the game, that win was almost too easy for the Pelicans. Can't say that I didn't see it coming with Davis back in the lineup, but I definitely didn't think it'd be a blowout like that

i only saw like the last 3 minutes lol, the Pelicans won again against a strong team, they just cannot stay consistent
Feb 2, 2015 7:51 PM

Dec 2014
utkaar099 said:
j0x said:
the Hawks streak is over

The Hawks did not play like themselves at all tonight. They barely ran any plays, just Schroder's same predictable drives and free isos for everyone, much less ball movement, they weren't making their shots and AD tore the fuck out of the Hawks. It looked like the 2010 Hawks out there. This game really exposed how bad their rebounding is. Normally, they play and adjust better when they play against teams with a strong frontcourt but I guess not tonight.

Guess they eventually had to lose one...
Feb 3, 2015 8:31 AM

Aug 2014
j0x said:
the Hawks streak is over

Still the best team in the East. Not a Hawks fan, but I'd love to see them make the Finals.
Feb 3, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
Cavs have been 11-0 since David Blatt took the team bowling.

Coach of the Year.
Feb 3, 2015 5:06 PM
Feb 2014
Pretty sure I called the Pelicans ending the Hawks streak.

And Anthony Davis is going to be the league's best in a year or two, just wait.
Feb 3, 2015 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:

Way to go out on a limb with that prediction.

Feb 3, 2015 5:18 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:

Imagine him in a Bulls jersey.
Feb 3, 2015 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
deanzel said:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Hmmmm. Doesn't seem too daunting.
Feb 3, 2015 5:25 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:

Hmmmm. Doesn't seem too daunting.

Him and Noah together would scare the living daylights out of me. Two of the more extremely intense guys.
Feb 3, 2015 6:50 PM

Aug 2014
TheRealNico said:

Lol god no. I would puke if that happened. Fuck the Bulls.
Feb 3, 2015 6:58 PM
Feb 2014
ImaginaryFire said:
TheRealNico said:

I think his contract expires in next season and if the Pelicans aren't really competitive by that point, I think the Bulls make the most sense. He'll get a chance to play with lots of starpower and make the Bulls even stronger for a title run, and I think the brow is also from Chicago as well. Lots of players go home after their rookie contracts.

I hope he stays in New Orleans though, but I doubt it will happen if they're not competitive enough.
Feb 3, 2015 7:09 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
ImaginaryFire said:

I think his contract expires in next season and if the Pelicans aren't really competitive by that point, I think the Bulls make the most sense. He'll get a chance to play with lots of starpower and make the Bulls even stronger for a title run, and I think the brow is also from Chicago as well. Lots of players go home after their rookie contracts.

I hope he stays in New Orleans though, but I doubt it will happen if they're not competitive enough.

Oh wow. You were actually serious? Hahaha. You do know that this won't even happen for at least another 4 years right?

Next year is his 4th year and after that he'd be a restricted FA (NO would match anything) if he doesn't sign an extension (which he will). He'd have to play for the Qualifying Offer in his 5th year (which is peanuts compared to the max) to get the chance to become an unrestricted FA by the end of his 5th year. That has never happened in the history of the NBA to a player that has been offered a Max extension and it won't start with Davis.

The only thing he may do to speed up the process is sign a shorter extension with an opt out after like 3 years. That is still 4 years away from next season so he isn't going to be a Bull any time soon.
Feb 3, 2015 7:16 PM
Feb 2014
He's restricted?

Oh damn, I take all of that back...
Feb 3, 2015 7:37 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah it's the same thing that all rookie first round picks go through. The only exceptions are second round picks and undrafted free agents which are all dependent on the type of contract that they sign initially.
Feb 3, 2015 7:41 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
Yeah it's the same thing that all rookie first round picks go through. The only exceptions are second round picks and undrafted free agents which are all dependent on the type of contract that they sign initially.

That's sort of strange... Thought it was like 4 years and then you could jump into free agency from that point onward, like in the NFL. Usually UDFAs are restricted after 3 years in team control as well.

Got the differences, thanks.
Feb 5, 2015 3:45 AM

Dec 2010
Anyone watch Harden put Butler's ass on the court last night? LOL
Feb 5, 2015 3:56 AM

Jan 2015
51 pts. for Curry. Damn! Warriors v.s. Mavs
Feb 5, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2009
Legendre said:

i saw the highlights, 2 times Butler falls due to the ball handling skill of Harden

-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

Curry has a very quick shooting release thats unfair to the defense
Feb 5, 2015 4:17 AM

Jan 2015
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

j0x said:

I know right. One of the elite point guards in the league and high MVP potential. Been his fan since he was drafted.
Feb 5, 2015 10:16 AM

Jun 2014
j0x said:
Legendre said:

i saw the highlights, 2 times Butler falls due to the ball handling skill of Harden

-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

What's the problem with Curry playing against the opposition. The other team just has to have better perimeter defence or they could always get a bigger man mark him.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Feb 5, 2015 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
Eastern Conference Finals, whom will the Hawks face?

Western Conference Finals, whom will the Warriors face?

Opinions?
Feb 5, 2015 11:16 AM

Dec 2010
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

Opinions?

The Warriors are a great team, but there are no guarantees going into the West playoffs.. both the Thunder and the Spurs might be among the lower seeds, and a #1 Golden State might end up facing a #8 healthy OKC Thunder. The WC playoffs are really going to be something special this year, as it was last year. I wouldn't mind seeing the Warriors in the WCF or even the championship though tbh, fun team to watch.

As for the Hawks, while they're playing great basketball right now, I just can't see them making it to the ECF once the playoffs hit. I'd favor the Bulls and Cavs over them in the playoffs, maybe even the Wizards. I know it's not fair for me to say, but the Hawks have an absolutely atrocious playoff history in recent memory.
Feb 5, 2015 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
Legendre said:
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

Opinions?

The Warriors are a great team, but there are no guarantees going into the West playoffs.. both the Thunder and the Spurs might be among the lower seeds, and a #1 Golden State might end up facing a #8 healthy OKC Thunder. The WC playoffs are really going to be something special this year, as it was last year. I wouldn't mind seeing the Warriors in the WCF or even the championship though tbh, fun team to watch.

As for the Hawks, while they're playing great basketball right now, I just can't see them making it to the ECF once the playoffs hit. I'd favor the Bulls and Cavs over them in the playoffs, maybe even the Wizards. I know it's not fair for me to say, but the Hawks have an absolutely atrocious playoff history in recent memory.

Lol Bulls. You mean the team that is currently 30-20 and has lost 11 out of their last 20 games?
Feb 5, 2015 6:28 PM

Dec 2010
ImaginaryFire said:
Legendre said:

Lol Bulls. You mean the team that is currently 30-20 and has lost 11 out of their last 20 games?

Yep. I generally judge teams based off of how I think they'll perform in the playoffs, not the slumps that they may or may not hit mid-season. The Bulls have too many "playoff-caliber" players on their team to not succeed, especially with the development of Butler.

Their recent slump would be concerning if it was closer to playoff time, but we haven't even hit the all star break yet.
Feb 5, 2015 7:00 PM

Jan 2015
Let's not talk about that too much. All star break is close so East or West? and who do you think will have the potential to be the All-star MVP?
Feb 5, 2015 7:57 PM

Dec 2010
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:
Let's not talk about that too much. All star break is close so East or West? and who do you think will have the potential to be the All-star MVP?

West. Le' go Anthony Davis.
Feb 5, 2015 8:02 PM

Jan 2015
Legendre said:
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

West. Le' go Anthony Davis.

West, but I root for Curry.
Feb 5, 2015 8:06 PM

Sep 2014
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

West, I got my boy Harden as the MVP

How about that 3pt contest tho
Feb 5, 2015 9:07 PM

Dec 2010
utkaar099 said:
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

Yeah the 3 pt contest is absolutely where it's at during the all star break. Actually looking forward to that lol
Feb 5, 2015 9:13 PM

Jan 2015
Legendre said:
utkaar099 said:

Yeah the 3 pt contest is absolutely where it's at during the all star break. Actually looking forward to that lol

Klay and Steph will be in it. Who will you root for?
Feb 5, 2015 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
the west has a high chance to win this years all-star game

and im excited for the 3-point contest too, i will go for Kyle Korver to win it considering how high his 3-point percentage is
Feb 5, 2015 9:16 PM
Feb 2014
Calling the MVP of the ASG will be Anthony Davis.

I've been on his bandwagon all year, about time he gets his recognition he deserves. Amazes me how he's not even in my friend's top 10 current players.

Give this guy some exposure, ESPN too obsessed with the same names from 2 years ago.
Feb 5, 2015 11:35 PM
Feb 2014
Well deanzel, I guess with this win over the Clippers, I can start saying the Cavs are to be feared.

About time the best team on paper is finally on the court. I don't see them slowing down.

They're way better than what Atlanta has... If an ECF between Cleveland and Atlanta happened today, Cleveland would sweep them, trust me, I think Atlanta is a walking fluke, they always are one-and-done come playoffs.
AqutanFeb 5, 2015 11:42 PM
Feb 5, 2015 11:50 PM

Apr 2012
GSW vs hawks tomorrow

should be a fun game to watch
zzzeallyFeb 6, 2015 7:01 AM

Feb 6, 2015 6:56 AM
Feb 2014
Why are you guys counting off the Hawks out of the playoff so hard?
I understand the Hawks history of being one and done but shouldn't the Cavs, with no history of playoffs (without Lebron), be considered this way as well?
I know they have been awful come playoffs time (though I like how people seem to forget how they almost got an upset on the Pacers last playoffs) but they've never played the way they're playing now so isn't there a chance for them to carry over the momentum they have now if they keep it up after the all star break? It's a possibility.

I like how the Cavs have finally got it together but I still think the Hawks are playing better Basketball.

Zeally said:
GSW vs Pistons tomorrow
should be a fun game to watch

GSW vs Hawks. I'm looking forward to it as well.
Feb 6, 2015 7:01 AM

Jan 2015
Ryoza said:

GSW vs Hawks. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Yeah, first seed in the East against the first seed in the West.
Feb 6, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
Well deanzel, I guess with this win over the Clippers, I can start saying the Cavs are to be feared.

About time the best team on paper is finally on the court. I don't see them slowing down.

They're way better than what Atlanta has... If an ECF between Cleveland and Atlanta happened today, Cleveland would sweep them, trust me, I think Atlanta is a walking fluke, they always are one-and-done come playoffs.

Yup. I wanted to post before but was banned :P As I said, I've been going with the eye test but their play for an extended period of time has backed it up now. This is a completely different team and has only really been together for 13 games. It is just insane how they are meshing this well in such a short period of time. I have confidence that Love will figure it out and carve out a solid role (yesterday was a great blueprint).

Now, we desperately need a backup PG and big and I think that we'll be set. And rumor/tweets have it that Ray Allen is close to choosing the Cavs. While I don't think he'll be that much of a difference maker, he is infinitely better than the current corpse of Mike Miller.

This is all a welcome change from the catastrophe that is known as the Browns offseason.

Also, there is no way in hell that the Clips make it past the first round. That team is just a collection of underachieving pussies. Austin Rivers may not even qualify for the D-League. Doc has just destroyed that team with his terrible GMing/Billy Kinging.
dankzelFeb 6, 2015 7:59 AM
Feb 6, 2015 11:09 AM

Aug 2014
I absolutely don't get why people are counting the Hawks out as well. As of this point in the season, they have clearly demonstrated that they are the best team in the East. People saying it's because they play against the East may have a point, but the Hawks have a very good record against the West as well. Unless they have a Pacers-esque meltdown after the All-Star break, I don't see how they won't make the ECF.
Feb 6, 2015 1:34 PM
Feb 2014
Playoff performance is everything, when teams look goof as we speak right now, the playoffs are a whole different beast. Atlanta was the 6 seed for years and got bounced instantly. I guess Atlanta could get lucky if they're playing a Charlotte or a Brooklyn because those teams aren't going anywhere. I think the Bulls though, will be a test, beating them will be difficult assuming the Bulls are 100% healthy as they have far more starpower than Atlanta will ever have.

I also think San Antonio will make another deep run late in the season and in the playoffs, it's happened before, and with Popovich doing his usual business; a tricky start and then a finish suggesting they're the best in the league, don't laugh if the Finals are Cleveland and San Antonio bashed on how teams finish and playoff performance.

Tell you what, if Atlanta makes the ECF, which right now, I'm kind of doubting, then I'll be impressed. I said before they got 1st place in the East, they were better, but I didn't say their playoff performances would improve. One-and-done ghosts could come to haunt them if they don't add some needed depth after the break.
Feb 6, 2015 1:50 PM

Jan 2015
The Hawks are the clear number 1 in the East and are poised to go to the finals. I see a Hawks vs Spurs finals match up, with the Hawks winning it all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2015 2:12 PM
Feb 2014
Landos said:
The Hawks are the clear number 1 in the East and are poised to go to the finals. I see a Hawks vs Spurs finals match up, with the Hawks winning it all.

Why?

If that were the finals, Spurs would sweep or 4-1 it. They'd be just too hot to handle if they'd make the finals, and these Hawks are significantly worse than the Heat teams from 1 and 2 years ago.
Feb 6, 2015 2:30 PM
Feb 2014

I know playoffs are different but I just don't know why people are writing the Hawks off just because of past playoffs performances and defeats. I believe a healthy and efficient Hawk team can make a good run and be a real threat in the playoffs. This is a very different Hawks team than in the past after all. If you or other people are dubious because of past performances then why are you so quickly picking the Cavs already with no playoffs experience outside of James and who seem to have just figured things out.

I'm not saying the Hawks are off to win the championship or make it to the ECF for that matter but I don't think they're just going to be pushovers either. I think everyone is underestimating this team come playoff time. A healthy Hawks team could be a serious danger come post season.

I agree on the Spurs. There have been to many injuries and different lineups for us to get some continuity going but I can see us having the same type of run the Cavs are having now once we get completely healthy and get some rhythm going. Don't sleep on the Spurs.
Feb 6, 2015 2:43 PM
Feb 2014
To be fair, they do have a much better team than a lot of the East, and I'd say they'd be the 3rd best in the East. Cleveland and Chicago are the two teams I'd worry about if I were the Hawks come playoffs, the rest might be easier to handle, but if either Cleveland or Chicago is hot, Hawks will have to fight. It's like they could be the Arizona Cardinals, they'll start off strong and fizzle when they got opponents stronger than them. Bad analogy but that's how I see it. If they prove me wrong, I'll be impressed.

Interesting point, were they injury-prone the past few one-and-dones? If Memphis and San Antonio played each other, which I forgot to add, that one might go either way, but I like San Antonio a little better.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.