Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2015 11:50 PM

Apr 2012
GSW vs hawks tomorrow

should be a fun game to watch
zzzeallyFeb 6, 2015 7:01 AM

Feb 6, 2015 6:56 AM
Feb 2014
Why are you guys counting off the Hawks out of the playoff so hard?
I understand the Hawks history of being one and done but shouldn't the Cavs, with no history of playoffs (without Lebron), be considered this way as well?
I know they have been awful come playoffs time (though I like how people seem to forget how they almost got an upset on the Pacers last playoffs) but they've never played the way they're playing now so isn't there a chance for them to carry over the momentum they have now if they keep it up after the all star break? It's a possibility.

I like how the Cavs have finally got it together but I still think the Hawks are playing better Basketball.

Zeally said:
GSW vs Pistons tomorrow
should be a fun game to watch

GSW vs Hawks. I'm looking forward to it as well.
Feb 6, 2015 7:01 AM

Jan 2015
Ryoza said:

GSW vs Hawks. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Yeah, first seed in the East against the first seed in the West.
Feb 6, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
Well deanzel, I guess with this win over the Clippers, I can start saying the Cavs are to be feared.

About time the best team on paper is finally on the court. I don't see them slowing down.

They're way better than what Atlanta has... If an ECF between Cleveland and Atlanta happened today, Cleveland would sweep them, trust me, I think Atlanta is a walking fluke, they always are one-and-done come playoffs.

Yup. I wanted to post before but was banned :P As I said, I've been going with the eye test but their play for an extended period of time has backed it up now. This is a completely different team and has only really been together for 13 games. It is just insane how they are meshing this well in such a short period of time. I have confidence that Love will figure it out and carve out a solid role (yesterday was a great blueprint).

Now, we desperately need a backup PG and big and I think that we'll be set. And rumor/tweets have it that Ray Allen is close to choosing the Cavs. While I don't think he'll be that much of a difference maker, he is infinitely better than the current corpse of Mike Miller.

This is all a welcome change from the catastrophe that is known as the Browns offseason.

Also, there is no way in hell that the Clips make it past the first round. That team is just a collection of underachieving pussies. Austin Rivers may not even qualify for the D-League. Doc has just destroyed that team with his terrible GMing/Billy Kinging.
dankzelFeb 6, 2015 7:59 AM
Feb 6, 2015 11:09 AM

Aug 2014
I absolutely don't get why people are counting the Hawks out as well. As of this point in the season, they have clearly demonstrated that they are the best team in the East. People saying it's because they play against the East may have a point, but the Hawks have a very good record against the West as well. Unless they have a Pacers-esque meltdown after the All-Star break, I don't see how they won't make the ECF.
Feb 6, 2015 1:34 PM
Feb 2014
Playoff performance is everything, when teams look goof as we speak right now, the playoffs are a whole different beast. Atlanta was the 6 seed for years and got bounced instantly. I guess Atlanta could get lucky if they're playing a Charlotte or a Brooklyn because those teams aren't going anywhere. I think the Bulls though, will be a test, beating them will be difficult assuming the Bulls are 100% healthy as they have far more starpower than Atlanta will ever have.

I also think San Antonio will make another deep run late in the season and in the playoffs, it's happened before, and with Popovich doing his usual business; a tricky start and then a finish suggesting they're the best in the league, don't laugh if the Finals are Cleveland and San Antonio bashed on how teams finish and playoff performance.

Tell you what, if Atlanta makes the ECF, which right now, I'm kind of doubting, then I'll be impressed. I said before they got 1st place in the East, they were better, but I didn't say their playoff performances would improve. One-and-done ghosts could come to haunt them if they don't add some needed depth after the break.
Feb 6, 2015 1:50 PM

Jan 2015
The Hawks are the clear number 1 in the East and are poised to go to the finals. I see a Hawks vs Spurs finals match up, with the Hawks winning it all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2015 2:12 PM
Feb 2014
Landos said:
The Hawks are the clear number 1 in the East and are poised to go to the finals. I see a Hawks vs Spurs finals match up, with the Hawks winning it all.

Why?

If that were the finals, Spurs would sweep or 4-1 it. They'd be just too hot to handle if they'd make the finals, and these Hawks are significantly worse than the Heat teams from 1 and 2 years ago.
Feb 6, 2015 2:30 PM
Feb 2014

I know playoffs are different but I just don't know why people are writing the Hawks off just because of past playoffs performances and defeats. I believe a healthy and efficient Hawk team can make a good run and be a real threat in the playoffs. This is a very different Hawks team than in the past after all. If you or other people are dubious because of past performances then why are you so quickly picking the Cavs already with no playoffs experience outside of James and who seem to have just figured things out.

I'm not saying the Hawks are off to win the championship or make it to the ECF for that matter but I don't think they're just going to be pushovers either. I think everyone is underestimating this team come playoff time. A healthy Hawks team could be a serious danger come post season.

I agree on the Spurs. There have been to many injuries and different lineups for us to get some continuity going but I can see us having the same type of run the Cavs are having now once we get completely healthy and get some rhythm going. Don't sleep on the Spurs.
Feb 6, 2015 2:43 PM
Feb 2014
To be fair, they do have a much better team than a lot of the East, and I'd say they'd be the 3rd best in the East. Cleveland and Chicago are the two teams I'd worry about if I were the Hawks come playoffs, the rest might be easier to handle, but if either Cleveland or Chicago is hot, Hawks will have to fight. It's like they could be the Arizona Cardinals, they'll start off strong and fizzle when they got opponents stronger than them. Bad analogy but that's how I see it. If they prove me wrong, I'll be impressed.

Interesting point, were they injury-prone the past few one-and-dones? If Memphis and San Antonio played each other, which I forgot to add, that one might go either way, but I like San Antonio a little better.
Feb 6, 2015 3:24 PM

Aug 2014
I'd be shocked if the Bulls made the ECF tbh. The team doesn't look all that good right now as it is, and someone is bound to get hurt because of Thibodeau's rotations. People love to say "if the Bulls are healthy..." but if you think about it, when was the last time this team was ever fully healthy at the end of the season? I'm calling Hawks vs. Cavs ECF.
Feb 6, 2015 4:31 PM
Feb 2014
ImaginaryFire said:
I'd be shocked if the Bulls made the ECF tbh. The team doesn't look all that good right now as it is, and someone is bound to get hurt because of Thibodeau's rotations. People love to say "if the Bulls are healthy..." but if you think about it, when was the last time this team was ever fully healthy at the end of the season? I'm calling Hawks vs. Cavs ECF.

To be fair the Bulls always outplay themselves most of the time, which of course really can be costly, but just think about the talent on that team, maybe the Wizards might be the right team to put down next to Cleveland since they made the Bulls seem so. Although, there's no denying that the Bulls are one of the best on paper, addition of Pau might help them in future playoff series.
Feb 6, 2015 7:02 PM

Apr 2013
CJ Miles, Solomon Hill and George Hill going HAM and hitting egregious 3 pointers (including a desperation one footed 4 point play at the end of the shot clock) in the 4th quarter...

Feb 6, 2015 7:03 PM

Jan 2015
Hawks won against the Warriors 124 - 116
Feb 6, 2015 7:05 PM

Apr 2013
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

Feb 6, 2015 7:06 PM

Jan 2009
the bench made the difference 3 bench players of the Hawks scored a lot of 3 point shots
Feb 6, 2015 7:08 PM

Sep 2014
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

That was an awesome game. The Hawks are legitimate title contenders
Feb 6, 2015 7:09 PM

Jan 2015
utkaar099 said:
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

That was an awesome game. The Hawks are legitimate title contenders
The intensity of the game was just, wow.
Feb 6, 2015 7:10 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah, they're good although the Hawks were ridiculously hot from the field and 3. They were hitting eeeeeeegregious shots that shouldn't go in against the best defense in the league.
Feb 6, 2015 7:33 PM

Aug 2014
deanzel said:
CJ Miles, Solomon Hill and George Hill going HAM and hitting egregious 3 pointers (including a desperation one footed 4 point play at the end of the shot clock) in the 4th quarter...

I felt the same way you did, and I'm a Pacers fan lol. I really wish they lost. This season is lost anyway, so why not try to get a better draft pick?

So about the Hawks being overrated...
Feb 6, 2015 7:35 PM

Jan 2015
deanzel said:
Yeah, they're good although the Hawks were ridiculously hot from the field and 3. They were hitting eeeeeeegregious shots that shouldn't go in against the best defense in the league.

Hawks 68% shooting at the second half
Warriors 47% shooting at second half
Feb 6, 2015 7:51 PM

Sep 2013
I screamed at that Buzzer Beating 3 from Anthony Davis. Still can't believed that happened and all the heartbroken thunder fans lol.

Westbrook 48 pts and Davis 41 pts...both went HAM!
sic mundus
Feb 6, 2015 7:55 PM

Apr 2013
ImaginaryFire said:
deanzel said:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I felt the same way you did, and I'm a Pacers fan lol. I really wish they lost. This season is lost anyway, so why not try to get a better draft pick?

So about the Hawks being overrated...

I feel ya. Oh, and I've never said that the Hawks are overrated. I'm absolutely predicting a Cavs vs Hawks ECF. I think that Cleveland will have a 60-40 advantage depending on how hot Atlanta's shooting is at the time. Nico is the one who believes that the Bulls are somehow a good team...
Feb 6, 2015 8:26 PM
Feb 2014
I'm starting to wonder if Golden State is really a "title lock," they got the depth, but I don't think they're a Finals team just yet.

The San Antonios and OKCs have yet to catch fire and make some noise with a passion. Don't forget Memphis is hot as well aside from their streak-ender in Minnesota

Like others have said, a healthy Bulls team is easily CF caliber, but if the key parts are bench-ridden, I think Washington/Atlanta/Toronto could challenge them enough to get them out quicker.

Wish Milwaukee were competitive as well, the 6 winning Eastern teams are all interesting to say the least.
AqutanFeb 6, 2015 8:30 PM
Feb 7, 2015 5:43 AM
Feb 2014
TheRealNico said:
I'm starting to wonder if Golden State is really a "title lock," they got the depth, but I don't think they're a Finals team just yet.

There is no "tittle lock" in the Western conference. As good as the GSW Warriors may look with their unbelievable stats and crazy performances it's not a certain tittle for them. The West is way too deep.
Feb 7, 2015 6:56 AM

Mar 2012
Feb 7, 2015 7:11 AM

Jan 2015
Ryoza said:
TheRealNico said:

There is no "tittle lock" in the Western conference. As good as the GSW Warriors may look with their unbelievable stats and crazy performances it's not a certain tittle for them. The West is way too deep.

Since hiring Steve Kerr as their coach, GSW started again from square one. I think there is a doubt that they will be either on conference finals or the finals itself. Let's just say they still have a long way to go to reach the finals. Maybe in a year or two
Feb 7, 2015 7:24 AM
Feb 2014
They didn't start from square one lol. That team was already really good when Kerr took over. "You cannot disrespect the caterpillar and rave about the butterfly." The Western conference is too deep, if the Warriors end up as the number one record and they face a healthy OKC team, I don't know what could happen. The same goes for every other team in there.
Feb 7, 2015 7:30 AM

Jan 2015
Ryoza said:
They didn't start from square one lol. That team was already really good when Kerr took over. "You cannot disrespect the caterpillar and rave about the butterfly." The Western conference is too deep, if the Warriors end up as the number one record and they face a healthy OKC team, I don't know what could happen. The same goes for every other team in there.
Oh, what are you expecting on the season of Mavs and Rockets?
Feb 7, 2015 7:51 AM
Feb 2014
Well I don't know. I expect them to do well if they are completely healthy towards the end of the season.
Feb 7, 2015 5:22 PM
Feb 2014
Ryoza said:
TheRealNico said:

Give them a red hot San Antonio or OKC as I've said before, that's where they'll fall down.
Feb 8, 2015 2:33 PM
Feb 2014
The team that's been a real disappointment is the Clippers. I don't know what the fuck Doc Rivers is doing but this team is going downhill. More so with the injuries they're suffering right now. I will laugh if they miss the playoffs.
Feb 8, 2015 3:51 PM

May 2010
My poor Knicks though... ;-;

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 8, 2015 3:58 PM

Feb 2015
I think Miami will be a surprise team in the playoffs. Assuming they make it.
Feb 8, 2015 4:10 PM

Feb 2015
jimmykudo3000 said:

At least they have more of a future than my Nets.
Feb 8, 2015 4:14 PM

Apr 2013
I love playing the Lakers.
Feb 8, 2015 5:32 PM
Feb 2014
jimmykudo3000 said:

Gotta admit the hate mail that some old fart sent to their owner and the owner's response back was hilarious

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12297599/new-york-knicks-owner-james-dolan-upset-fan-root-brooklyn-nets
Feb 8, 2015 5:57 PM

May 2010
RedEagle925 said:
jimmykudo3000 said:

At least they have more of a future than my Nets.

I hope you're not from New York... but, I wouldn't be so quick to say that. The Knicks have been a consistently poor franchise this century, always culminating with Ewing, [Larry] Johnson, Houston, etc, retiring. Thought the Knicks would surely be better, but Phil Jackson has no executive experience, and Derek Fisher no coaching experience, but yeah Nets GM was terrible to sign Jason Kidd as head coach & to mortgage far too much for a past-prime Garnett, Terry, & Pierce.

TheRealNico said:
Gotta admit the hate mail that some old fart sent to their owner and the owner's response back was hilarious

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12297599/new-york-knicks-owner-james-dolan-upset-fan-root-brooklyn-nets

Yeah pal read the story already, I think it's despicable and inappropriate. I mean its funny in the troll sense, but as a fan of the team I would prefer for my Knicks (Specifically top leadership) to show more class and act like a first rate organisation. I think its the other way around, Knicks fans don't want Dolan, not some poor guy voicing his frustration with what has been a terribly run franchise in the biggest market in the sports world for more than the past decade.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 8, 2015 6:27 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah, I feel bad for Knicks fans tbh. James Dolan is easily the worst owner in the NBA, and arguably all of sports.
ImaginaryFireFeb 8, 2015 7:21 PM
Feb 9, 2015 3:23 AM

May 2010
ImaginaryFire said:
Yeah, I feel bad for Knicks fans tbh. James Dolan is easily the worst owner in the NBA, and arguably all of sports.

Honestly as sad as it is I might agree with you pal

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 9, 2015 8:53 AM

Dec 2010
jimmykudo3000 said:
ImaginaryFire said:

He's a trust fund baby that more than likely has never had to work for shit in his life. Far more often than not, the computer spits out that piece of shit with that formula than a well respected human being.
Feb 9, 2015 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
Legendre said:
jimmykudo3000 said:

He's a trust fund baby that more than likely has never had to work for shit in his life. Far more often than not, the computer spits out that piece of shit with that formula than a well respected human being.

Jed York says "Hello".
Feb 9, 2015 3:07 PM

May 2010
deanzel said:
Legendre said:

Jed York says "Hello".

Yeah Jed York is pretty bad too, but i think Dolan's tenure with the Knicks has even been more prolific in failure.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 9, 2015 3:34 PM

Aug 2014
jimmykudo3000 said:
deanzel said:

Jed York says "Hello".

Yeah Jed York is pretty bad too, but i think Dolan's tenure with the Knicks has even been more prolific in failure.

Imo the only person in the NFL who comes close to being as bad as Dolan is Dan Snyder.
Feb 9, 2015 3:57 PM

Apr 2013
ImaginaryFire said:
jimmykudo3000 said:

Imo the only person in the NFL who comes close to being as bad as Dolan is Dan Snyder.

He ran Jim Harbaugh out of town for Tomsula... He's absolutely awful. Although, I do say this as an Ohio State fan :)
Feb 9, 2015 4:17 PM

Dec 2010
deanzel said:
ImaginaryFire said:

He ran Jim Harbaugh out of town for Tomsula... He's absolutely awful. Although, I do say this as an Ohio State fan :)

Yeah, I'm still baffled by that move, but I guess it's yet to be seen how it will pan out. I agree with the Dan Snyder comment though, that guy...
Feb 9, 2015 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
From a fan that saw his favorite team go to 5 NBA Finals in just 9 years and knows what it takes for a team to win an NBA Championship....let me say the following now that we're almost at the ASG break...

[*]The Hawks are pretenders and if they weren't in the East I wouldn't be shocked if they lost in the first round.

[*]The fucking Raptors of all teams is my current Eastern Champion....FUCK YOU EASTERN CONFERENCE! Blow that shit up!

[*]OKC will NOT make the playoffs....this is one more nail in the coffin for Durant leaving....and I don't want to hear any fucking BS excuses, that mofo is gone and he's an idiot if he stays....or simply doesn't care about winning.....and yeah, 2016...the Heat will have a lot of free space....

[*]Yes, Golden St. is the real deal, Yes, they can win it....but they won't.

[*]Have I mentioned how embarrassing the East is for not just the NBA but the entirety of American sports?

[*]Obviously the WCF is the REAL NBA Finals....and the winner is obviously the NBA Champ....and that is....The Houston Rockets.....yeah, I know, fucking ridiculous, but that's the state of the NBA today.
Feb 9, 2015 7:25 PM

Dec 2010
JustALEX said:

[*]Obviously the WCF is the REAL NBA Finals....and the winner is obviously the NBA Champ....and that is....The Houston Rockets.....yeah, I know, fucking ridiculous, but that's the state of the NBA today.

From a Houston Rockets fan that watches 95% of their games and goes to the other 5%: you're retarded.

<3

They could potentially make the WCF though; it all depends on Dwight not sucking dick down the stretch and being healthy.
Feb 9, 2015 7:46 PM

Aug 2014
JustALEX said:
From a fan that saw his favorite team go to 5 NBA Finals in just 9 years and knows what it takes for a team to win an NBA Championship....let me say the following now that we're almost at the ASG break...

[*]The Hawks are pretenders and if they weren't in the East I wouldn't be shocked if they lost in the first round.

[*]The fucking Raptors of all teams is my current Eastern Champion....FUCK YOU EASTERN CONFERENCE! Blow that shit up!

[*]OKC will NOT make the playoffs....this is one more nail in the coffin for Durant leaving....and I don't want to hear any fucking BS excuses, that mofo is gone and he's an idiot if he stays....or simply doesn't care about winning.....and yeah, 2016...the Heat will have a lot of free space....

[*]Yes, Golden St. is the real deal, Yes, they can win it....but they won't.

[*]Have I mentioned how embarrassing the East is for not just the NBA but the entirety of American sports?

Yeah, just no. The Hawks are the real deal. What's your basis on them being overrated? They're beating pretty much every team they play, Western Conference included.
Feb 9, 2015 7:59 PM

Jun 2008
@Legendre I get it, I picked your team to win, you feel this isn't a good thing but a jinx....Ok, whatever...

Have more confidence bro....

I know that in the last four years I had no problems fully believing that my team was gonna be in the final game of the year, and THEY WERE.....unfortunately, it all ended too soon.

But then again, this was from the standpoint of the East, where getting the the ECF was no big deal....

But most of the stuff I'm saying is what I honest to god believe.....YES I AM BIASED, this is the WORST NBA season I can remember in a very long time...

And yes, a lot of it is due to the bitterness I still feel, but goddammit nothing makes fucking sense.

The East is seriously the most dreadful thing ever....NO the Hawks are not contenders, for fucks sake what is wrong with some of you people?!

Every year in every sport there is always ONE team that comes literally out of nowhere and then they remember they are NOBODIES in the playoffs....yes, once in a blue moon they will win it all (I should know....2003 Marlins Anyone?).....but NOT in Basketball, this is the ONE sport where this simply doesn't happen.

Golden St. is DAMN good.....but SO WHAT....that doesn't matter in the Playoffs...what matters in the playoffs is experience and the desire to win.

Yeah, of course they can win it, won't be shocked one bit if they do....but for some reason (mostly due out of the fact that defense ALWAYS trumps offense in the playoffs) I just don't see them doing it....

The Rockets seem like a wild card pick to me, and that is precisely why I'm going with them (For now)....

Spurs won't win mostly because the deep hunger they felt in 2014 is NOT there, now don't get me wrong, it doesn't matter what seed they are going in, they are a HUGE threat....

Hell for all we know it could be the Rockets vs. Spurs in round 1 with the Spurs coming out on top.

But I just don't see that happening.

Personally for me, the only relief I will get once April comes around is the fact that I won't be watching game after gruling game in the marathon that is the NBA Playoffs with my stomach in a knot....

We suck, and I knew we would suck, I told a certain somebody (the guy that won't shut up about his stupid col. football team winning) over and over again in the last 3 or so years that without Lebron the Heat were nothing.

That brings me to the Cavs....how will they fare....well, I can easily see them in the Finals, I mean why the fuck not, it should literally be a walk in the park getting there in the East.

But this is the West Championship to win and everyone knows it...
--ALEX--Feb 9, 2015 8:04 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.