Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2015 7:00 PM

Sep 2014
Legendre said:
I'm proud to have him on my fantasy team :')

Same lmao
Jan 29, 2015 10:09 AM
Feb 2014
Portland's pretty cold right now and the entire Northwest is weak as fuck, once Cleveland gets at it with a Golden State, Memphis, LA Clippers, or Houston, only then will I give Cleveland higher credit.

But it's impressive how they did the job without LeBron.
Jan 29, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2013
NicoHolmes said:
Portland's pretty cold right now and the entire Northwest is weak as fuck, once Cleveland gets at it with a Golden State, Memphis, LA Clippers, or Houston, only then will I give Cleveland higher credit.

They've beaten Memphis and the Clippers...
Jan 29, 2015 12:46 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
NicoHolmes said:

You got me, still, if they're looking at being the best, they shouldn't be losing often. They've done this far too many, although you can attest to their misfortunes with injuries and lack of defense, but what I'm coming at is after this streak they go on, it's time for them to beat the teams in their tier, which of course, is the best on paper, and most importantly, they shouldn't lose after that streak, they should stay at least a 6-4 in the last 10 games pace.

I mean even Legendre agrees that they're too streaky, or so I think, since part of me thinks he's with me in which they could be inconsistent as it is. But streaky isn't what they should be with their talent on paper. I think the 4 seed should be their minimum with the way they're playing right now, if anything. Although deep down, experts at preseason would say it's the 2 where their minimum should be.

When a team has too much talent, yes, I'm going to be hard on them.
AqutanJan 29, 2015 12:51 PM
Jan 29, 2015 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
NicoHolmes said:
deanzel said:

You got me, still, if they're looking at being the best, they shouldn't be losing often. They've done this far too many, although you can attest to their misfortunes with injuries and lack of defense, but what I'm coming at is after this streak they go on, it's time for them to beat the teams in their tier, which of course, is the best on paper.

Haha. I'm just playing. While I believe in advanced stats and records, I just don't think that you can take that completely into account in this case. This is a completely different team than the one that was struggling earlier. Not from just a chemistry perspective but from player composition and the health of our best player.

Thus, I'm using the eye test (which is what I trust the most) on this team with these new players as I've watched almost every single Cavs game this season (not just watching highlights, looking at the boxscore and believing what the media/Brian Fathorst is spewing). They're playing at a completely different level defensively in terms of effort and actual ability now that we have Mozgov and players like JR Smith and Shumpert who aren't chubby and undersized like Dion Waiters. Blatt has instituted his new defensive system which can take advantage of us finally having a rim protector. Offensively, Kyrie and LeBron have started to build a lot more chemistry with LeBron still taking over more so in the half-court but Kyrie finding more of his offense in the semi-transition and early offense game.

I'm also encouraged by the fact that the Cavs still haven't played their best yet but are still beating teams with their defense and work-in-progress offensive. They have plenty of room to improve which can't be said of most teams. Kevin Love is obviously very hurt right now and has been for a lot of the season (since before the Milwaukee game where he hurt his back). It is incredibly obvious with how his movements are hampered, his jumpshot is flat, him looking in pain almost all the time and the fact that he can't even sit on the bench at times during time outs. I think with the All-Star break incoming, those 8 days of rest will do wonders for him and then we can properly integrate him into our offense.

And LeBron has truly started to take this team under his wing now which I didn't see for the first 1/3 of the season. The way he was interacting and celebrating the game yesterday (leading the water bottle and ice pouring celebration on Kyrie in the locker room after the game), this is becoming a real team. I'm a homer but I trust my eyes and basketball knowledge. I knew that there were significant problems earlier on but I can also see the potential and clear improvement with my own two eyes. I truly believe that this team will be on track to go to the Finals barring any major injuries as long as Griffin/LeGM can get us a backup point guard and one more big body.

Note: I mostly just post little bait and gifs on this thread as my main serious basketball boards are RealGM and realcavsfans where I actually go into more concrete insight and analysis :P
dankzelJan 29, 2015 1:01 PM
Jan 29, 2015 1:04 PM
Feb 2014
Nice analysis, I agree close to all of it. In a similar homing example, when the Seahawks were 3-3 I was hard on them just as much as everyone else was, now they're in the Super Bowl and win or lose, I'll be proud of their season for getting out of a hole that could have been much worse if they didn't do what they did late in the year. When a team struggles, and one with talent, you'd think they'd be at the top at this point a few months ago, maybe now will be their chance to finally make a statement. They're reminding me of the Heat teams the past 3 years now, but can they keep that momentum is the question of course of mine. With LeBron though, that's more likely than with any other player.

Gotta love being a homer sometimes though, it's almost all too natural. Everyone does it, especially myself. I seriously need an NBA team, fuck you David Stern.

Just be clear I'm not bashing the Cavs at all, I think Cleveland really deserves a title as a city. They haven't gotten one since the Indians decades and decades ago? I agree, let them have something good happen to them. Seattle and Cleveland not long ago were very similar sports cities, so I know how you think mentally when it comes to sports ofc.
Jan 29, 2015 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
NicoHolmes said:
Nice analysis, I agree close to all of it. In a similar homing example, when the Seahawks were 3-3 I was hard on them just as much as everyone else was, now they're in the Super Bowl and win or lose, I'll be proud of their season for getting out of a hole that could have been much worse if they didn't do what they did late in the year. When a team struggles, and one with talent, you'd think they'd be at the top at this point a few months ago, maybe now will be their chance to finally make a statement. They're reminding me of the Heat teams the past 3 years now, but can they keep that momentum is the question of course of mine. With LeBron though, that's more likely than with any other player.

Gotta love being a homer sometimes though, it's almost all too natural. Everyone does it, especially myself. I seriously need an NBA team, fuck you David Stern.

Just be clear I'm not bashing the Cavs at all, I think Cleveland really deserves a title as a city. They haven't gotten one since the Indians decades and decades ago? I agree, let them have something good happen to them. Seattle and Cleveland not long ago were very similar sports cities, so I know how you think mentally when it comes to sports ofc.

You've gotta blame Clay Bennett on that one. It's almost vindicating that because he was such a cheap owner that they destroyed a potential dynasty and KD may leave in a year. However, I feel bad for KD having his prime years wasted and being stuck with Scott Brooks who they have refused to fire.

And it's not looking good for Seattle. The Kings, Bucks and Hawks were your best chances to get a team but that fell apart fast with Milwaukee on the verge of financing the new stadium and the Hawks becoming a top 2 team in the NBA.
Jan 29, 2015 1:17 PM
Feb 2014
Clay Bennett is probably like public enemy #1 for me other than Stern, I usually blame the commissioner if something goes wrong, just who I am. They allow things to happen and that's their problem. But yes, Bennett could have done me a favor and I'd be Kevin Durant's #1 fan if he stayed in Seattle. Russell Westbrook was drafted by the Sonics too, never played a game, it's sad.

I hope KD leaves OKC for Washington, that'll make an even more interesting Eastern Conference. Imagine Durant and Wall together. Apparently the rumor is Milwaukee still might eventually relocate here, but the likelihood is extremely slim.

It's all right though, the Seahawks and Mariners are what I'm happy to have here.
Jan 29, 2015 1:18 PM

Apr 2013
I also am a complete Kyrie Irving homer as I went to Duke and I'm a Cavs fan. He can do anything that he wants and I'll always believe in his unreal talent and the way Coach K coached him up and influenced him. I was so horrified by the vocal minority who wanted to trade Kyrie and build around Dion last year after Dion had his little hot streak to end the season. Or the people that were clamoring to trade Kyrie this year when the Cavs were struggling. So watching yesterday's entire game on TV was so fulfilling.
Jan 29, 2015 5:25 PM
Feb 2014
So glad Duncan was chosen for the ASG. I hope this isn't his last one..
Jan 29, 2015 5:36 PM

Jan 2007
Lillard not making the cut is blasphemous. Same with Boogie. D:
Jan 29, 2015 7:24 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
These blowouts tonight are killing me. I need Gasol and Clarkson to have big games.
Jan 29, 2015 7:30 PM

Sep 2013
While I do respect Duncan for his averages at age 38, D Boogie should have been an all star this year. Although he can still be one due to Bryant's injury, it's gonna be either him or lillard (and I'm also a big fan of him)... so hard to choose but Boogie has better stats.
sic mundus
Jan 29, 2015 7:34 PM

Dec 2010
deanzel said:
I also am a complete Kyrie Irving homer as I went to Duke and I'm a Cavs fan. He can do anything that he wants and I'll always believe in his unreal talent and the way Coach K coached him up and influenced him. I was so horrified by the vocal minority who wanted to trade Kyrie and build around Dion last year after Dion had his little hot streak to end the season. Or the people that were clamoring to trade Kyrie this year when the Cavs were struggling. So watching yesterday's entire game on TV was so fulfilling.

I've been a pretty heavy Kyrie fan on here. He does a few things that are annoying, but I've always made the claim that, given his age and what he's done already, his potential is absolutely enormous; he's still only fucking 22 years of age.

I will say that I actually thought that he was the one that needed to take the biggest "stats" hit in Cleveland for this big 3 to work. The fact that it's been K Love, for me at least, is one of the more concerning things going forward now that they have at least somewhat addressed their defensive needs.

Rastafa21 said:
While I do respect Duncan for his averages at age 38, D Boogie should have been an all star this year. Although he can still be one due to Bryant's injury, it's gonna be either him or lillard (and I'm also a big fan of him)... so hard to choose but Boogie has better stats.

For me at least, Duncan being in this year's all star game is far more excusable than Kobe being in it. Similar reasons, but Duncan is still on a very good team, and producing amazingly well for his age with 22 double-doubles on the season. He's also been relatively healthy, despite the usual "rest" sits from Pop, as opposed to Kobe, who had to miss multiple weeks even prior to the torn cuff.

Both Cousins and Lillard have been all-star caliber players this year though. I'd favor Lillard getting in actually over Cousins, but we'll have to see.
UmbryaJan 29, 2015 7:39 PM
Jan 31, 2015 8:37 PM

Dec 2010
mattao313 said:
deanzel said:
Damn. Jennings just hurt his ankle. From first look, it looks like an Achilles tear imo. That might put a fork in the Pistons' playoffs hopes as Jennings was really playing great for them and an important part of their post-Smith run. I hope that I'm wrong though.

Yup our playoff hopes are over Jennings was very important in our success and our back up is D.J. Augustin who is garbage.

Might wanna take that back bruh.. certainly not on Jennings' level, but certainly not garbage lol
Feb 2, 2015 7:33 PM

Jan 2009
the Hawks streak is over
Feb 2, 2015 7:35 PM

Sep 2014
j0x said:
the Hawks streak is over

I was watching the game, that win was almost too easy for the Pelicans. Can't say that I didn't see it coming with Davis back in the lineup, but I definitely didn't think it'd be a blowout like that
Feb 2, 2015 7:39 PM

Jan 2009
utkaar099 said:
j0x said:
the Hawks streak is over

I was watching the game, that win was almost too easy for the Pelicans. Can't say that I didn't see it coming with Davis back in the lineup, but I definitely didn't think it'd be a blowout like that

i only saw like the last 3 minutes lol, the Pelicans won again against a strong team, they just cannot stay consistent
Feb 2, 2015 7:51 PM

Dec 2014
utkaar099 said:
j0x said:
the Hawks streak is over

The Hawks did not play like themselves at all tonight. They barely ran any plays, just Schroder's same predictable drives and free isos for everyone, much less ball movement, they weren't making their shots and AD tore the fuck out of the Hawks. It looked like the 2010 Hawks out there. This game really exposed how bad their rebounding is. Normally, they play and adjust better when they play against teams with a strong frontcourt but I guess not tonight.

Guess they eventually had to lose one...
Feb 3, 2015 8:31 AM

Aug 2014
j0x said:
the Hawks streak is over

Still the best team in the East. Not a Hawks fan, but I'd love to see them make the Finals.
Feb 3, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
Cavs have been 11-0 since David Blatt took the team bowling.

Coach of the Year.
Feb 3, 2015 5:06 PM
Feb 2014
Pretty sure I called the Pelicans ending the Hawks streak.

And Anthony Davis is going to be the league's best in a year or two, just wait.
Feb 3, 2015 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:

Way to go out on a limb with that prediction.

Feb 3, 2015 5:18 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:

Imagine him in a Bulls jersey.
Feb 3, 2015 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
deanzel said:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Hmmmm. Doesn't seem too daunting.
Feb 3, 2015 5:25 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:

Hmmmm. Doesn't seem too daunting.

Him and Noah together would scare the living daylights out of me. Two of the more extremely intense guys.
Feb 3, 2015 6:50 PM

Aug 2014
TheRealNico said:

Lol god no. I would puke if that happened. Fuck the Bulls.
Feb 3, 2015 6:58 PM
Feb 2014
ImaginaryFire said:
TheRealNico said:

I think his contract expires in next season and if the Pelicans aren't really competitive by that point, I think the Bulls make the most sense. He'll get a chance to play with lots of starpower and make the Bulls even stronger for a title run, and I think the brow is also from Chicago as well. Lots of players go home after their rookie contracts.

I hope he stays in New Orleans though, but I doubt it will happen if they're not competitive enough.
Feb 3, 2015 7:09 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
ImaginaryFire said:

I think his contract expires in next season and if the Pelicans aren't really competitive by that point, I think the Bulls make the most sense. He'll get a chance to play with lots of starpower and make the Bulls even stronger for a title run, and I think the brow is also from Chicago as well. Lots of players go home after their rookie contracts.

I hope he stays in New Orleans though, but I doubt it will happen if they're not competitive enough.

Oh wow. You were actually serious? Hahaha. You do know that this won't even happen for at least another 4 years right?

Next year is his 4th year and after that he'd be a restricted FA (NO would match anything) if he doesn't sign an extension (which he will). He'd have to play for the Qualifying Offer in his 5th year (which is peanuts compared to the max) to get the chance to become an unrestricted FA by the end of his 5th year. That has never happened in the history of the NBA to a player that has been offered a Max extension and it won't start with Davis.

The only thing he may do to speed up the process is sign a shorter extension with an opt out after like 3 years. That is still 4 years away from next season so he isn't going to be a Bull any time soon.
Feb 3, 2015 7:16 PM
Feb 2014
He's restricted?

Oh damn, I take all of that back...
Feb 3, 2015 7:37 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah it's the same thing that all rookie first round picks go through. The only exceptions are second round picks and undrafted free agents which are all dependent on the type of contract that they sign initially.
Feb 3, 2015 7:41 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
Yeah it's the same thing that all rookie first round picks go through. The only exceptions are second round picks and undrafted free agents which are all dependent on the type of contract that they sign initially.

That's sort of strange... Thought it was like 4 years and then you could jump into free agency from that point onward, like in the NFL. Usually UDFAs are restricted after 3 years in team control as well.

Got the differences, thanks.
Feb 5, 2015 3:45 AM

Dec 2010
Anyone watch Harden put Butler's ass on the court last night? LOL
Feb 5, 2015 3:56 AM

Jan 2015
51 pts. for Curry. Damn! Warriors v.s. Mavs
Feb 5, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2009
Legendre said:

i saw the highlights, 2 times Butler falls due to the ball handling skill of Harden

-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

Curry has a very quick shooting release thats unfair to the defense
Feb 5, 2015 4:17 AM

Jan 2015
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

j0x said:

I know right. One of the elite point guards in the league and high MVP potential. Been his fan since he was drafted.
Feb 5, 2015 10:16 AM

Jun 2014
j0x said:
Legendre said:

i saw the highlights, 2 times Butler falls due to the ball handling skill of Harden

-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

What's the problem with Curry playing against the opposition. The other team just has to have better perimeter defence or they could always get a bigger man mark him.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Feb 5, 2015 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
Eastern Conference Finals, whom will the Hawks face?

Western Conference Finals, whom will the Warriors face?

Opinions?
Feb 5, 2015 11:16 AM

Dec 2010
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

Opinions?

The Warriors are a great team, but there are no guarantees going into the West playoffs.. both the Thunder and the Spurs might be among the lower seeds, and a #1 Golden State might end up facing a #8 healthy OKC Thunder. The WC playoffs are really going to be something special this year, as it was last year. I wouldn't mind seeing the Warriors in the WCF or even the championship though tbh, fun team to watch.

As for the Hawks, while they're playing great basketball right now, I just can't see them making it to the ECF once the playoffs hit. I'd favor the Bulls and Cavs over them in the playoffs, maybe even the Wizards. I know it's not fair for me to say, but the Hawks have an absolutely atrocious playoff history in recent memory.
Feb 5, 2015 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
Legendre said:
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

Opinions?

The Warriors are a great team, but there are no guarantees going into the West playoffs.. both the Thunder and the Spurs might be among the lower seeds, and a #1 Golden State might end up facing a #8 healthy OKC Thunder. The WC playoffs are really going to be something special this year, as it was last year. I wouldn't mind seeing the Warriors in the WCF or even the championship though tbh, fun team to watch.

As for the Hawks, while they're playing great basketball right now, I just can't see them making it to the ECF once the playoffs hit. I'd favor the Bulls and Cavs over them in the playoffs, maybe even the Wizards. I know it's not fair for me to say, but the Hawks have an absolutely atrocious playoff history in recent memory.

Lol Bulls. You mean the team that is currently 30-20 and has lost 11 out of their last 20 games?
Feb 5, 2015 6:28 PM

Dec 2010
ImaginaryFire said:
Legendre said:

Lol Bulls. You mean the team that is currently 30-20 and has lost 11 out of their last 20 games?

Yep. I generally judge teams based off of how I think they'll perform in the playoffs, not the slumps that they may or may not hit mid-season. The Bulls have too many "playoff-caliber" players on their team to not succeed, especially with the development of Butler.

Their recent slump would be concerning if it was closer to playoff time, but we haven't even hit the all star break yet.
Feb 5, 2015 7:00 PM

Jan 2015
Let's not talk about that too much. All star break is close so East or West? and who do you think will have the potential to be the All-star MVP?
Feb 5, 2015 7:57 PM

Dec 2010
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:
Let's not talk about that too much. All star break is close so East or West? and who do you think will have the potential to be the All-star MVP?

West. Le' go Anthony Davis.
Feb 5, 2015 8:02 PM

Jan 2015
Legendre said:
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

West. Le' go Anthony Davis.

West, but I root for Curry.
Feb 5, 2015 8:06 PM

Sep 2014
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

West, I got my boy Harden as the MVP

How about that 3pt contest tho
Feb 5, 2015 9:07 PM

Dec 2010
utkaar099 said:
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:

Yeah the 3 pt contest is absolutely where it's at during the all star break. Actually looking forward to that lol
Feb 5, 2015 9:13 PM

Jan 2015
Legendre said:
utkaar099 said:

Yeah the 3 pt contest is absolutely where it's at during the all star break. Actually looking forward to that lol

Klay and Steph will be in it. Who will you root for?
Feb 5, 2015 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
the west has a high chance to win this years all-star game

and im excited for the 3-point contest too, i will go for Kyle Korver to win it considering how high his 3-point percentage is
Feb 5, 2015 9:16 PM
Feb 2014
Calling the MVP of the ASG will be Anthony Davis.

I've been on his bandwagon all year, about time he gets his recognition he deserves. Amazes me how he's not even in my friend's top 10 current players.

Give this guy some exposure, ESPN too obsessed with the same names from 2 years ago.
Feb 5, 2015 11:35 PM
Feb 2014
Well deanzel, I guess with this win over the Clippers, I can start saying the Cavs are to be feared.

About time the best team on paper is finally on the court. I don't see them slowing down.

They're way better than what Atlanta has... If an ECF between Cleveland and Atlanta happened today, Cleveland would sweep them, trust me, I think Atlanta is a walking fluke, they always are one-and-done come playoffs.
AqutanFeb 5, 2015 11:42 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.