Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Isuca' Gets Anime Adaptation [Update 6/28]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 17, 2014 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
Sounds pretty interesting, actually. I think I'd get tired of master/servant and "creature hunting" anime, but I guess it never gets old!
Jun 17, 2014 7:33 PM

Aug 2013
ichii_1 said:
Fujaku said:

I don't like Mushishi. It's really boring and all the episodic characters look the same. However, this sounds really bad. I say this is worse than Mushishi.

NO :( stuff actually happens and it has a fun atmosphere :)

And stuff do actually happen in Mushishi, just in more serene and atmospheric manner. Sure it's not for everyone, but the way you casually dismiss it for being "slow" and "boring" without even trying to elaborate much on it totally shows your lack of understanding of Iyashikei type show.
ichii_1 said:
Amiluhur said:
Jealousy

You sound butt hurt that he's enjoying his life and you hate young girls in love too :(
You should get out more.

If it helps you, i have a girlfriend IRL (and she happens to be my elder cousin). Being jealous towards cartoon characters have nothing to do with my points on previous posts. I just felt a pity that a series with well-constructed premise and concept like this (hence my comparison to Noragami), ended up being a complete crap for focusing more on stupidity and banalities than on the story itself.

but eh~ not like i should expect logical replies from someone like you.
Jun 17, 2014 8:45 PM

Dec 2011
Never expected this manga to have an anime adaptation. Will watch since I kind of liked the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2014 8:50 PM
Jan 2014
Did I saw boobs there? o_O
Jun 17, 2014 9:04 PM

Aug 2013
This seems boring
Jun 17, 2014 9:06 PM

Sep 2013
LigerNyan said:
Did I saw boobs there? o_O

Yes, people act like it's a sin to have boobs and be good looking, disgusting really.

Amiluhur said:

And stuff do actually happen in Mushishi, just in more serene and atmospheric manner. Sure it's not for everyone, but the way you casually dismiss it for being "slow" and "boring" without even trying to elaborate much on it totally shows your lack of understanding of Iyashikei type show.

Mushishi is slow and I find it boring, if you like it it's cool but it's overrated and people act like it's a god like anime, has no flaws and if you don't like it you're simple minded and an action junky.

ichii_1 said:
Amiluhur said:
Jealousy

You sound butt hurt that he's enjoying his life and you hate young girls in love too :(
You should get out more.

If it helps you, i have a girlfriend IRL (and she happens to be my elder cousin). Being jealous towards cartoon characters have nothing to do with my points on previous posts. I just felt a pity that a series with well-constructed premise and concept like this (hence my comparison to Noragami), ended up being a complete crap for focusing more on stupidity and banalities than on the story itself.

but eh~ not like i should expect logical replies from someone like you.[/quote]

:O Incest? whatever, I'm not even gonna go into that topic.

Maybe the characters are strong enough to beat the creatures and have their lives in order (except 1 or 2 things) and are enjoying their lives while they fight.
You know what else is banal? Life.
Jun 17, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2013
I give up. It seems pointless to debate it because you're not responding to what I actually said, but seem more interested in talking about anything else.

Oh, and
ichii_1 said:
Maybe the characters are strong enough to beat the creatures and have their lives in order (except 1 or 2 things) and are enjoying their lives while they fight.

Go read chapter 5 and 8. There, i'm done.
Jun 17, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2014
Heh...read a few manga chapters. The words "generic" and "clichy" are way too merciful to describe this series...definitely a deal-breaker. Not looking forward to the anime adaptation.

SmilingBeginnerJun 17, 2014 10:01 PM
Jun 17, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2013
Amiluhur said:

ichii_1 said:

Go read chapter 5 and 8. There, i'm done.

Chapter 5 - did you miss what it lead up to?
Chapter 8 - oh, maybe you missed him manning up a bit and what it lead up to again huh?

Please, you're a joke.
Jun 17, 2014 10:03 PM
May 2012
At least it looks fun........I'll probably watch this.
Jun 17, 2014 10:31 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm I remember reading the manga a long time ago. I don't remember if I liked it though XD

It sounds bland but a synopsis can be misleading. Still going to check it out.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 17, 2014 10:39 PM

May 2010
Idk, I love the name. Isuca sounds classy.
Jun 17, 2014 10:47 PM

Dec 2013
Hm.. sounds fairly interesting. Added the anime to my plan to watch list.
Jun 18, 2014 1:14 AM

Oct 2012
Good news...already read chapter 1. hope it will turn out good! :)
Jun 18, 2014 1:26 AM

Aug 2012
Sounds interesting
Jun 18, 2014 5:09 AM

Mar 2012
Looks boring to me.
Not picking it up.

Amiluhur said:
Count me out for this one. Just skimmed several chapters of manga and thought it was very lame. It's basically Noragami with standard LN conventions, and typical LN characters. Bland MC who's nice and just really nice to girls no matter what, a painfully obnoxious tsundere chick, and a big breasted girl who happens to be her rival. Both are very possessive towards the MC and secretly having the urge to sleep with him. But unlike Noragami that actually cares about world building and character development, this one spends literally dozens of chapters doing silly nonsensical things that you've seen over and again on LN adaptations; fanservice galore, harem antics, and obnoxious one-sided abuses from the main chick to the MC (which at this point should be outlawed in entire Japan). The plot only kicks in when the writer realizes that he/she needs something meaningful to happen before the epilogue rolls.

Laaaaammmeeeee......!

Thanks for the warning.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 18, 2014 5:37 AM

Apr 2009
Read a few chapters.
Ze horror.
The palms meeting the face, they could make a small grove.
Though it still probably's going to be better than new LoGH.

And stop feeding the doges already. They're not cute when they get too fat.
Jun 18, 2014 7:27 AM

Apr 2012
Sounds kinda generic to me. I don't have high hopes for it, probably I'm not gonna watch it.
Jun 18, 2014 10:01 AM

Nov 2008
stated reading the manga a while back but now i guess i'll stop and wait for the anime.
Jun 18, 2014 2:09 PM
Dec 2011
A news thread with ecchi anime, I bet the the same three guys who shitpost in every single of these threads are going to be here. Ah yup.
Jun 18, 2014 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
Compared to someone like you who keep popping out on every ecchi anime thread, writing butthurt one-liner over opinions you disagree with and then disappear into thin air? Ah yup.
Jun 21, 2014 3:37 PM

Nov 2012
Can't believe this is finally getting an anime adaptation. Can't wait for the ride.
Jun 21, 2014 3:39 PM

Nov 2013
I can finally finish(?) see more of this story.
Jun 23, 2014 4:26 PM

May 2008
will probably end up watching
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Today

13 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

39 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Today

1 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

15 by Piromysl »»
Today, 4:47 AM

» 'Kimi no Iro' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.