Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Isuca' Gets Anime Adaptation [Update 6/28]

New
Jun 17, 2014 8:37 AM

Nov 2007
The August issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Young Ace magazine is announcing on July 4th that manga Isuca by Osamu Takahashi will be getting an anime adaptation. More information will be announced at a later time.

Source: Scan of announcement

Update June 28
Arms will be the studio to produce the anime.

Source: ANN

Isuca on MAL
NaruleachAug 13, 2014 5:16 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2014 8:38 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
That leakkkk
This looks interesting, sorta reminds me of Noragami with a female main rather than a male.
and looks less serious and funnier,
Jun 17, 2014 8:57 AM

Jun 2008
Plot sounds interesting enough.
Jun 17, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
Looks generic. I guess I'll watch this for fun and given by the amount of chapters, I'm expecting more of a 1 cour.
Jun 17, 2014 9:12 AM
Oct 2013
Ok... more another manga to read and another anime adaptation to watch... i'll give a chance e see if surprise me... e.e
Jun 17, 2014 9:17 AM

Jan 2013
looks fairly dumb and generic... classic anime stuff I guess
Jun 17, 2014 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
manga doesnt seem to be popular in MAL,but worth a try...even dumb and generic stuff can be fun,lets see how this will turn to be...
Jun 17, 2014 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
I like the name :)

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 17, 2014 9:28 AM

Feb 2011
Plot sounds ok.
Jun 17, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2008
Looks average but could be fun if done right.

Jun 17, 2014 9:35 AM

Sep 2013
Better than Mushishi I guess ;) instant 9/10 for now.
Jun 17, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2010
TheNaturalPerm said:
looks fairly dumb and generic... classic anime stuff I guess
Jun 17, 2014 9:41 AM
Mar 2010
Doesn't look like something I'd watch so I'll probably wait for some reviews before I try it out. If its anything like(in terms of quality) No Game, No Life though, sign me up.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 17, 2014 9:41 AM

Oct 2013
Oh yeah, more generic stuff for a particular anime airing season.

ichii_1 said:

Wat.
Jun 17, 2014 10:20 AM

Jul 2012
> Genres: Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Romance, School, Supernatural, Seinen
Ehhhhh we'll see.
Jun 17, 2014 10:24 AM

Sep 2013
Nuvi said:
ichii_1 said:

Wat.

^ that's right :O
It's SO SLOW that I fell asleep :O I'd rather stare at the wall all day while being electrocuted then watch this again and the people in it are ret@rded too, "I'm so depressed so I"mma go kill myself, life is unfair, hard and I'm no good with people and a loner, boo hoo hoo (sniff)

Isuca-
Real tsundere's have been on the decline recently so this is good :)
Hope the fights and ecchi are good too ;)
Jun 17, 2014 10:29 AM
Oct 2013
Surprising so to say, I really think this manga will never have an adaptation although I really hope it will got one.. The manga is generic which is my favourite.. It have an overused premise, but it's better and a lot more interesting than many ecchi manga/anime that I have read and watched before with the exception of few.. So, I will be looking forward to it..
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Jun 17, 2014 10:32 AM

Apr 2013
master/servant premise and rating is 7.39 .. this will probably be generic and bad.
Jun 17, 2014 10:36 AM

Jul 2010
I-sucka?...eh anyway, this is one of those series that im definitely avoiding.Have fun, people who will watch it tho.I guess.
incompleteAEGISJun 17, 2014 11:27 AM
Jun 17, 2014 11:09 AM

Aug 2013
Nuvi said:
ichii_1 said:

Wat.

Seriously WAT ! -_-

*Sigh* Ecchi tag is there , not looking forward to it ~_~

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jun 17, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
Haine15 said:
Nuvi said:

Wat.

Seriously WAT ! -_-

Well, some people probably watch anime for lolis and boobs....
''Hayao Miyazaki was a mistake''
-Anime
Jun 17, 2014 11:28 AM
Sep 2007
Instead of this garbage, they should spend their time rebooting classics from 80s and 90s, or animating masterpiece manga like Great Teacher Onizuka and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.
Jun 17, 2014 11:35 AM

Dec 2013
Looks really generic from the tags and the manga score isn't really high either :/ well whatever as long as it's a bit funny and not completely stupid or boring I'll give it a try!
Domo domo! Kami desu :D
Jun 17, 2014 11:55 AM
Mar 2010
Psajdak said:
Instead of this garbage, they should spend their time rebooting classics from 80s and 90s, or animating masterpiece manga like Great Teacher Onizuka and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

I'm just going to ignore your comment about garbage and talk about classics from the 80s or 90s. Ping Pong, which is currently airing this season, is actually not doing as bad as I expected it to do. It might actually sell something like 3k. That is A LOT considering the anime's art style I feel.

Anyway, why I mentioned this was, maybe, if Ping Pong is not a complete failure, maybe, just maybe studios and publishers will be more inclined to animating older manga?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 17, 2014 12:00 PM

Apr 2008
Alright! I can't wait to see her grandmother. :D
Jun 17, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
Sounds interesting, will look forward to it
Jun 17, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
Simplo said:
Haine15 said:

Seriously WAT ! -_-

I don't like Mushishi. It's really boring and all the episodic characters look the same. However, this sounds really bad. I say this is worse than Mushishi.
Psajdak said:

There's the new upcoming Legend of the Galactic Heroes anime to look forward to at least! And not all modern anime are garbage, watch Aku no Hana or something, that's the antithesis of modern anime.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Jun 17, 2014 12:45 PM
Feb 2014
Will watch it.
Jun 17, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm, the manga's synopsis looks pretty interesting. I might check this out. May even read the manga beforehand.

Simplo said:
Haine15 said:

Seriously WAT ! -_-

Just because there's an Ecchi tag for the manga doesn't mean the same will apply to the anime. Look at Soul Eater. That only applies sometimes though.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Ecchi myself, but I find some shows (esp. ones from this season like Mangaka-san to Assistant-san and No Game No Life) to be watchable. I'd still give it a chance, maybe the first 1-2 episodes before judging it.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jun 17, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2011
YESSS!

I have been reading this manga for a couple years now. I was hoping that one day it would get animated but it's popularity is so low I didn't think it would. It hardly ever gets fan subbed it's 3-5 months between chapters, sometimes more.

I'm calling it now, Sakuya is going to voiced by Rie Kugimiya. The art style is so close to the other characters that she plays.... also dat flat chest tsundere
BasaraTheSlayerJun 17, 2014 2:23 PM
Jun 17, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2014
BasaraTheSlayer said:
I'm calling it now, Sakuya is going to voiced by Rie Kugimiya. The art style is so close to the other characters that she plays.... also dat flat chest tsundere

Kugimiya Rie is a good seiyuu, but after Astarotte, Shana, Louise, Nagi, Aria and Taiga, her voicing yet another pettanko-loli-tsundere character seems a bit too much.

Back on topic, I like the manga's art, especially those of the mystical creatures and of the battles. The comedic parts made me smile a few times as well. Until further news are released, I'll keep it on a "Maybe" status
BlazePonyJun 17, 2014 2:06 PM
Jun 17, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2011
Hameyadea said:
BasaraTheSlayer said:

Kugimiya Rie is a good seiyuu, but after Astarotte, Shana, Louise, Nagi, Aria and Taiga, her voicing yet another pettanko-loli-tsundere character seems a bit too much.

Back on topic, I like the manga's art, especially those of the mystical creatures and of the battles. The comedic parts made me smile a few times as well. Until further news are released, I'll keep it on a "Maybe" status

Have you not seen "Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to" that currently airing? The character Sena Kuroi is a flat chet tsundere loli voiced by Rie Kugimiya. She will never break out of that typecast.
Jun 17, 2014 3:07 PM

Jun 2008
Eh...not sure on this one. Might take a peak at the first episode though.
Jun 17, 2014 3:11 PM

Sep 2012
Looks like shit.
Jun 17, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
Hm, I'll give the manga a shot.
Jun 17, 2014 4:35 PM
May 2014
Nice. Ill look forward to this.
Jun 17, 2014 5:41 PM

Aug 2013
Count me out for this one. Just skimmed several chapters of manga and thought it was very lame. It's basically Noragami with standard LN conventions, and typical LN characters. Bland MC who's nice and just really nice to girls no matter what, a painfully obnoxious tsundere chick, and a big breasted girl who happens to be her rival. Both are very possessive towards the MC and secretly having the urge to sleep with him. But unlike Noragami that actually cares about world building and character development, this one spends literally dozens of chapters doing silly nonsensical things that you've seen over and again on LN adaptations; fanservice galore, harem antics, and obnoxious one-sided abuses from the main chick to the MC (which at this point should be outlawed in entire Japan). The plot only kicks in when the writer realizes that he/she needs something meaningful to happen before the epilogue rolls.

Laaaaammmeeeee......!
Jun 17, 2014 5:42 PM

Dec 2007
I'm surprised myself. Didn't think it was popular enough to merit an anime but I guess Japan proved me wrong. Objectively speaking the source material isn't the best but I'll watch to see how it's executed.
Jun 17, 2014 6:30 PM

Sep 2013
Fujaku said:

I don't like Mushishi. It's really boring and all the episodic characters look the same. However, this sounds really bad. I say this is worse than Mushishi.

NO :( stuff actually happens and it has a fun atmosphere :)

Amiluhur said:
Jealousy

You sound butt hurt that he's enjoying his life and you hate young girls in love too :(
You should get out more.
Jun 17, 2014 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
Sounds like absolute trash.
Jun 17, 2014 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
Sounds pretty interesting, actually. I think I'd get tired of master/servant and "creature hunting" anime, but I guess it never gets old!
Jun 17, 2014 7:33 PM

Aug 2013
ichii_1 said:
Fujaku said:

NO :( stuff actually happens and it has a fun atmosphere :)

And stuff do actually happen in Mushishi, just in more serene and atmospheric manner. Sure it's not for everyone, but the way you casually dismiss it for being "slow" and "boring" without even trying to elaborate much on it totally shows your lack of understanding of Iyashikei type show.
ichii_1 said:
Amiluhur said:
Jealousy

You sound butt hurt that he's enjoying his life and you hate young girls in love too :(
You should get out more.

If it helps you, i have a girlfriend IRL (and she happens to be my elder cousin). Being jealous towards cartoon characters have nothing to do with my points on previous posts. I just felt a pity that a series with well-constructed premise and concept like this (hence my comparison to Noragami), ended up being a complete crap for focusing more on stupidity and banalities than on the story itself.

but eh~ not like i should expect logical replies from someone like you.
Jun 17, 2014 8:45 PM

Dec 2011
Never expected this manga to have an anime adaptation. Will watch since I kind of liked the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2014 8:50 PM
Jan 2014
Did I saw boobs there? o_O
Jun 17, 2014 9:04 PM

Aug 2013
This seems boring
Jun 17, 2014 9:06 PM

Sep 2013
LigerNyan said:
Did I saw boobs there? o_O

Yes, people act like it's a sin to have boobs and be good looking, disgusting really.

Amiluhur said:

And stuff do actually happen in Mushishi, just in more serene and atmospheric manner. Sure it's not for everyone, but the way you casually dismiss it for being "slow" and "boring" without even trying to elaborate much on it totally shows your lack of understanding of Iyashikei type show.

Mushishi is slow and I find it boring, if you like it it's cool but it's overrated and people act like it's a god like anime, has no flaws and if you don't like it you're simple minded and an action junky.

ichii_1 said:
Amiluhur said:
Jealousy

You should get out more.

If it helps you, i have a girlfriend IRL (and she happens to be my elder cousin). Being jealous towards cartoon characters have nothing to do with my points on previous posts. I just felt a pity that a series with well-constructed premise and concept like this (hence my comparison to Noragami), ended up being a complete crap for focusing more on stupidity and banalities than on the story itself.

but eh~ not like i should expect logical replies from someone like you.[/quote]

:O Incest? whatever, I'm not even gonna go into that topic.

Maybe the characters are strong enough to beat the creatures and have their lives in order (except 1 or 2 things) and are enjoying their lives while they fight.
You know what else is banal? Life.
Jun 17, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2013
I give up. It seems pointless to debate it because you're not responding to what I actually said, but seem more interested in talking about anything else.

Oh, and
ichii_1 said:
Maybe the characters are strong enough to beat the creatures and have their lives in order (except 1 or 2 things) and are enjoying their lives while they fight.

Go read chapter 5 and 8. There, i'm done.
Jun 17, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2014
Heh...read a few manga chapters. The words "generic" and "clichy" are way too merciful to describe this series...definitely a deal-breaker. Not looking forward to the anime adaptation.

SmilingBeginnerJun 17, 2014 10:01 PM
Jun 17, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2013
Amiluhur said:

ichii_1 said:

Go read chapter 5 and 8. There, i'm done.

Chapter 5 - did you miss what it lead up to?
Chapter 8 - oh, maybe you missed him manning up a bit and what it lead up to again huh?

Please, you're a joke.
Jun 17, 2014 10:03 PM
May 2012
At least it looks fun........I'll probably watch this.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
30 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.