Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2008 3:00 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Triela~ Dx

She's my fave out of all the girls, was great to see a whole episode dedicated to her. Though it was true, they couldn't really do much against them. I enjoyed this episode but it really looks like the animation is not what you expect from Gunslinger Girl:

Pics:

A little shame.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 24, 2008 3:18 AM

Oct 2007
I seriously hate how they had the fight between Triela and Pinocchio end. Could they have made it any cheesier? This episode scarcely even feels like Gunslinger Girl in large part because of that. The penchant for "realism"--or at least something resembling it--and unique progression was what made the first season, and this one has thrown that away so far, in addition to taking on a much more generic art style and making some very odd decisions for the direction of the voice-acting.

So far this season has been pretty disappointing, really. It has lost a lot of what made Gunslinger Girl so interesting before. Here's to hoping it gets better as it goes, or this will be a very disappointing sequel indeed.
"A geek is a person, male or female, with an abiding, obsessive, self-effacing, even self-destroying love for something besides status."
--D.B. Weiss, Lucky Wander Boy
My anime review blog.

Many thanks to Alwerien for the claim banner.
Jan 24, 2008 4:10 PM

Aug 2007
can someone tell me the release dates cos i thought it was weekly on mondays
SharpShot.gif
Jan 24, 2008 4:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
SharpShot said:
can someone tell me the release dates cos i thought it was weekly on mondays

There is no such thing as set release dates.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 24, 2008 4:45 PM

Aug 2007
i mean airing days
SharpShot.gif
Jan 24, 2008 4:49 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I am not sure but the first ep aired indeed on a Monday. So I guess you're right.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 24, 2008 5:57 PM

Apr 2007
Tuesdays at 3:00 a.m. (advertised as Monday 27:00) .

I wish Artland could have veered a little closer to the designs they have on the official site. That design they have up now for Triela looks gorgeous. They just don't have Madhouse-like manpower/money to get the shading and details right in a way we're used to with GSG.
Jan 25, 2008 1:00 PM

Sep 2007
Maybe if everyone could donate 20 bucks to Artland...
Jan 27, 2008 2:16 PM
Nov 2006
SamuraiTom said:
Maybe if everyone could donate 20 bucks to Artland...

With the amount of people dropping the series already, i'd ventuer it'd have to be more than 20...

but i will still watch the entire series regardless of how it is
Jan 28, 2008 12:10 AM
Dec 2007
Honestly, the second season of Gunslinger Girl is great. Not as good as the first one I agree but the script and the characters are still as good as GSG 1 even though it is slightly different. I'm getting used to it already and I think that those who don't like Il Theatrino just can't go on with an evolution of style and a different feeling (lighter I agree but probably more poetic at the same time).

And I would like to add that it is still easily a top 3 series released this winter with Spice and Wolf and Shigofumi. No, the true failure of the winter is the second season of Minami-Ke which is absolutely bad and feels way older and weaker compared to the first season, but Gunslinger Girl II is just a great animé (oh and thos wonderful OP/ED !).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 29, 2008 11:12 AM

Sep 2007
Triela has gone from one of my least favorites in S1 to one of my favorites in S2. We'll see, once more of the other girls are introduced.

Feb 1, 2008 2:54 PM

Jul 2007
I don't know if you guys read the manga or not but the episode followed the book pretty well.
Feb 3, 2008 6:40 PM

Jan 2007
man, it sucked seeing Triela get beat so easily like that.
Feb 11, 2008 10:53 PM
Feb 2008
It hasnt been mentioned yet. At least I haven't read it. The fact that they seem to be showing us that Pino is a cyborg also. Am I the only one that sees the little hints they give us?

I'm late to the party. I just three weeks ago started watching the 1st season. I was happy I didnt have to wait too long for the second season to start up. The first season effected me so much I had to join this site and chat with other fans of the show. : ) ((blush))

- Eldarwen pronounced: E'ld-are-when
Feb 12, 2008 6:39 PM

Jul 2007
I'm pretty sure Pinocchio is a normal human. And I haven't noticed them hinting at him being a cyborg.
Sep 13, 2009 4:19 PM

Mar 2009
WhatWhatWhaaaat?!? Triela beaten? Damn, I mean I know they had the advantage over her 2 to 1, but still Triela's the biggest beast outta all of them. Pinocchio's bad-ass, he pwnd her, and that uppercut was vicious. Definitely the best ep so far!! I'll still say it's not as good as season 1, but it's getting a lot better with every episode!! Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 23, 2010 10:00 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, the fight sucked big time but the story is getting interesting...poor triela she feels useless

Feb 9, 2010 10:57 PM

Jul 2009
as a fan of tragedies I would not have minded Triela's death if Pino had decided to kill her
though I liked the idea that even though they are part-machine they can still be defeated by other skilled assassins, this added some realism to the show, I dont know if anyone else noticed it but if I remember correctly the girls have only fought politicians up to this point and this is the first time they have faced off with a skilled assassin. I think it will be a good lesson to Triela and the others that they are not undefeatable. though it was kind of sad to watch Triela face defeat for her first time
I felt really sorry for the girl who admired Pino as she recieved quite the terrifying shock when she found out he wa an assassin, she was then almost killed by Pino before Franca saved her, after all that she was caught in the middle of a gunfight and saved by Triela and Jose.
overall I enjoyed the episode
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Nov 24, 2010 4:08 PM

Nov 2007
Wow. Okay, I call shenanigans on this episode! First, Triela's handler, though a good guy, is also very level-headed and NEVER would have sacrificed the mission for a single innocent victim. In the first season, the girls are INSTRUCTED to kill bystanders if they are seen (look at the episode about Rico with the hotel boy). They try to avoid getting innocents involved, yes, but they aren't above taking out hapless witnesses if it jeopardizes the agency ( I can only see them making an exception if the victim is some high and mighty political figure that would be very bad for them to lose). So that's demerit number one.

Demerit number two is that Triela's handler leaves her alone. The handlers ALWAYS serve as backup to their girls and have their backs covered. Further, there's NO reason that he shouldn't have initially gone in with her as Franca fled AFTER Triela came in, not before, so the "I'll go after x, you go after y" mentality doesn't work here. If anything, he should have flanked and provided cover from another angle. They were all in the same room, so he didn't even have to cover an alternate exit or anything.

Number three: Triela gets beaten, and she gets beaten easily. Now I know that Pino is supposed to be awesome assassin, but he didn't do anything particularly impressive to get the upper hand. This is a problem with several animes: They show a character as being awesome, then they want an adversary to come in and match them, but instead of having said adversary have powers/skills that would allow them to be a match, they just make the protagonist weaker, completely dismissing their awesome powers seen previously. I mean, come on! The girls have beaten how many adults in hand-to-hand combat? They've taken out ENTIRE ROOMS of guys with guns. They've been shot and not even flinched, yet an upper-cut does the trick? I guess that one's a bit more forgivable in that the series is slightly inconsistent about what kinds of damage they can handle, and it doesn't really show them being punched before. But still. I find it hard to conceive that a bullet to the arm is no problem, yet a punch to the chin is instant K.O. Now if she'd stumbled, and it'd taken another hit or two to take her down, okay, I guess I could have forgiven that. But not this. Further, the girls are super fast (Henrietta catches up to a vespa on foot) and super strong (Henrietta also breaks part of a concrete wall just by running into it). So how is it that Pino is so much faster, without actually LOOKING faster? He seems to move just a little above average speed, but he still gets around Triela? No. Wrong. Insert new coin to try again. This fight could have worked if Pino had to beat on Triela more, and if he said something to throw her off. The girls can get distracted if something hits close to home, and they have said that if the girls do not concentrate, they are pretty vulnerable. But if they are focused (as Triela was), there's a 98% chance you are dead.

Someone pointed out that it seems like Pino's a cyborg. I'm sorta hoping that turns out to be true, because otherwise, this entire episode makes no sense whatsoever.
Feb 14, 2012 2:39 AM

Sep 2011
I like how Hilshire is so nice now... In the first season he was nice, but never THIS nice. And Triela is so fkin lucky Pino pitied her. Though I do feel bad for her.
Sep 4, 2012 9:32 PM
Apr 2012
Dunno what to say ... I mean story's picking up somewhat, but I completely agree with the poster who said that A. fight was lame and B. strength of these cyborgs is horribly inconsistent and C. Morality of the organization is inconsistent.

Although maybe we can attribute that to the handler?
Jose doesn't make Henrietta take out all bystanders, as far as I can tell only Rico had to do that on Jean's orders..

I really really miss season 1.

Grrrr.
Feb 27, 2014 6:11 PM

Feb 2012
I was hoping the fight would have been better animated, but I still greatly enjoyed it. What I love most about this fight is that Triela lost because she made too many mistakes.

1. She hesitated when enemy split up at the beginning of the fight. She wasn't ready to pull the trigger so it took her too long to reacquire a target.

2. She wasn't aware of her positioning and her shotgun hit the wall, which prevented her from killing Pinocchio when she had the chance.

3. Her biggest mistake is that she didn't commit to the close range fight. Pinocchio is a master a close range fighting but Triela could have beaten him if she had continued with strikes or attempted to grapple him and take the fight to the ground; Pinocchio was alone at that point so fighting on the ground wouldn't have been a bad decision. Instead, Triela reached for a gun that would be very ineffective that close and Pinocchio was able to break her guard and deliver a nice uppercut.

Now I know that Pinocchio doesn't have super strength, so I believe that the fall was mainly Triela's doing. She saw the punch coming so she jumped back to attempt to dodge it. Pinocchio still connected the punch and Triela's maneuver left her completely unbalanced so that hit was all it took to send her falling backwards. Her head striking the ground first is what caused her to black out, not the punch. She may be a cyborg, but a hit to the head is a hit to the head. If Triela would have leaned forward, I'm sure she would have weathered the hit and could have kept on fighting.
Aug 2, 2014 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
I Liked how Hilshire is nice to Triela in this episode. But I hate that Triela couldn't beat Pinocchio's ass.
Sep 5, 2014 11:38 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, let's see what's next!
Sep 28, 2014 6:44 PM

Sep 2014
Not getting the same feel I got for the first season, but that's probably to be expected. But I will continue to keep watching!

Triela looked sharp in that suit of hers. Nice.
Oct 22, 2014 5:54 AM

Aug 2013
Triela was beaten how?! She's a freaking cyborg. You know like they're capable of inhuman strength, endurance and speed. Kind of like how Henrietta chased the purse snatcher riding the vespa on foot in S1 while breaking the pavement whenever she lands or the walls when she was running around corners. They don't flinch at all when stabbed or shot but an uppercut KOs Triela? What?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 23, 2014 10:27 PM
Jun 2013
I see some people said that the choice the handler made in this episode made no sense. Though to be honest how would you know. In season 1 they were never put in the random civilian situation. Only one handler was and that was jean and we all know hes a heartless douch so that fits his character. It doesint shock me this handler did what he did cause from season 1 he didint seem like a dick.

The only thing that made no sense was pino knocking out triela in one punch and then him not killing her. He was about to slice the girl whos been super nice to him in a blink of an eye but seeing triela on the floor someone who tried to just kill you he was like no. I mean come on. I want this guy dead already . Also guessing triela never lost a fight in her life cause hse overreacted a bit much.
Oct 30, 2016 8:44 AM

May 2012
such a downgrade from the last season :/
Apr 9, 2018 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was quite thrilling! Felt different from that OG Gunslinger action scene though...

Pinocchio is better at close quarter combat than Triella who is probably the best combatant out of all the cyborg girls. Makes sense why she felt meaningless.
Nov 18, 2018 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Right so Pino didnt think twice about killing a girl he's known for a while and barely knows whats happening but he lets Triela live ... ?
Surprised Triela even lost the fight despite being a skilled assassin who's been through so much already.
Oct 2, 2019 6:54 AM

Oct 2012
Pino almost killed the little girl without any second thought, but not Triela.. huh
I mean wouldn't want Triela died, like some obsessed girl from S1 who killed herself :(

Poor Triela, she's a cyborg but she still can feel emotions.. Guess not much of a cyborg isn't she
The girls are stronger when they're together, alone they're not that much of a big deal

Next ep, Angelica is back.. But is she still going to forget everything?
"Signature removed"
Jun 4, 2020 3:31 AM
Dec 2017
i think that triela is the most emotional girl in the "organization", and she's the one that can REALLY notice that she's a doll.

back the 1st season, she still menstruates, so i think that have occurred something that could not transform her body like 80% cyborg, so i think that she's approximately 50% cyborg only. Obviously this is just my theory, but i think that interferes, and at the same time does not because of Henrietta feelings on the 1st season, it's a bit confusing but i hope that you can understand and think about it, but, still have some episodes to go, so...
Jun 12, 2020 3:43 PM

Mar 2020
hirsherr fucked up

seriously wtf? if pino didnt have ptsd triela would have died there

risking his life, his friend's and section 2 entire existence to save one civilian? wtf hirsher

if terrorists really wanted to kill the girl, they would have done it before he and Triela would have arrived anyway, all it takes is a single slash.
Jul 27, 2022 3:42 PM

Jan 2020
If they were just going to replace it with worse art, they should've just shown the actual scene from season one of Triela insisting on more conditioning. It probably would've been cheaper that way too.

After a whole season of building up the girls to be these unstoppable forces, Triela is soundly, and unimpressively, defeated. At least have there be a reason she gets defeated, and make an effort to make it look good. It feels like this season exists for the sole purpose of ruining everything the original built up. Even with what happened this episode, in the last season this would've been considered a failed mission. Yet Hirscher is over here, completely out-of-character, like, "Don't worry! At least we did our best guys!"

Also, I don't like how this season has longer episodes either, because it feels like they drag so much now. But, part of that might just be because I don't care about what's happening anymore.

It's just really disappointing that after slogging through a bunch of hit-or-miss shows I end up enjoying Gunslinger Girl only to get such a half-assed follow-up. Why must everything good get ruined?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 16, 2022 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
Even though Pino had the number advantage (and a hostage) still impressive that he beat cyborg girl Triela in a fight, although the decision to not finish her off might haunt him later.

Dec 4, 2022 7:07 PM
Mar 2019
Triella was bested and looks Pissed.
Who takes a rifle into a room sized confrontation, she was never gonna be able to move quickly enough with it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 2 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 20, 2008

41 by freXampl »»
Jan 26, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 10 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

27 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Dec 11, 2022 10:07 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

66 by bushman66 »»
Dec 11, 2022 5:51 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 12 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

18 by bushman66 »»
Dec 11, 2022 5:47 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 11 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

16 by bushman66 »»
Dec 10, 2022 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.