Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2014 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an okay episode. The battles and exercises are taking a toll but it's all worth it in the end I suppose. I actually think Rygart is doing well though in terms of his skills so far.

May 19, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode. Silly Rygart why bring up the family jewels at that moment? xD I enjoyed how Girge made a training method to get back into shape. It at least shows he may be unstable but hes not to be underesitmated in a golem. Poor General True this is going to usher in more battles. Well I can't wait to see what unfolds next!'

Sent with Mal Updater
May 19, 2014 9:48 AM

Jun 2012
Girge's entrance wasn't as cool b/c they're skipping scenes left and right. We better get some new content then to make up for it.
May 19, 2014 11:01 AM

Apr 2012
damn every episode is so good that I can't wait for the next one.

It reminds me how epic the manga was.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 19, 2014 11:21 AM

Aug 2008
There were some major issues with editing in this episode. Transition between some scenes was horrible, leaving you scratching your head and thinking where the hell is that missing 10 minutes, which should be in between... At least it was nice to hear some music from the movies.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 19, 2014 11:37 AM

Apr 2011
is this simply a remake? cause a lot of it is the same as the movies
May 19, 2014 12:37 PM

Aug 2010
Loved this ep so much :D

Finally Girge is here and shows his BAness ^^

I really like Rygart a lot. His personality is just so much fun ^^ Loved his training with the insert song. It was nice. Good to see him improving so much, even becoming a BA sword wielder :D

Sigyn was soooo cute >.< In both flash back and when standing in front of his door tearing up while pouting and saying I'll stop being angry when u come back alive. These 2 are OTP no doubt about it <3<3

And lol'd at her reaction to Rygart's talk about family jewels XDXD
May 19, 2014 2:47 PM

Feb 2012
Antanaru said:
There were some major issues with editing in this episode. Transition between some scenes was horrible, leaving you scratching your head and thinking where the hell is that missing 10 minutes, which should be in between... At least it was nice to hear some music from the movies.
I completely agree. The 2 that most bothered me was Girge entrance and the random transition to the General's death.

Anyways the fights next episode are gonna be awesome I can't wait for next week.
May 19, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2012
This show is so underrated! But that furious 4 and One legendary man!
May 19, 2014 7:31 PM

Jul 2012
Was this the episode the movies differed from the manga? Or is that next episode? I really hope they follow the manga, 'cause the missing transition scenes made it feel a bit rushed.
May 19, 2014 8:13 PM

May 2013
The General died. Squeezed to death. Painful way to die. Who was that pilot who killed him. I wonder what's Narvi's reaction to this unexpected event.
May 20, 2014 1:03 PM

May 2007
So this is a retelling of the movies right?

I wanted to ask if the 12 episodes will be animating the entire story or will it require a 2nd season?
May 20, 2014 6:30 PM
Mar 2012
The Rygart x Sigyn love was very strong this episode.
May 20, 2014 10:42 PM

Apr 2011
I lol'd at the family jewels scene. Even Sigyn snapped.
May 21, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2013
Oh finally getting to the good part, are we?
May 22, 2014 10:51 AM

Dec 2011
Yeah Rygart! You show her your manly man balls lol.

Haha, the Queen and Narvi snapped after they heard Rygart's statement about bringing out the family jewels if his leader commands it next time.

That guy Girge sure is strong and freaking weird to be honest.

So Rygart is finally improving the it shows that the Queen wouldn't have minded marrying him even if he was a peasant.

Too bad General True died...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 22, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2013
Antanaru said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that the transitions were all over the place. Never read the manga so when they mentioned the name, then suddenly cut to some scene where Rygart looked to be ambushed, it confused the hell outta me.

Then General True's death was another scene that seemed oddly out of place with what happened before that. That said, it wasn't even a fight, it was basically an execution. That scream afterwards was kinda creepy as well.

I think I like Girge more than Rygart. Don't know why. At least he knows how to fight properly. Plus, that fiery hair and unpredictable killer attitude is so awesome.

Sigyn's flashback was too little too late. I wonder why the heck she agreed to marry the King instead, if she liked Rygart so much. Given the interaction between them, it makes me wonder if Rygart would have even bothered helping Hodr if Sigyn wasn't in danger of getting her head chopped off.

Somehow those OP Athen Golems looked a lot cooler than the ones that Krisna have. Maybe I have a thing for cloaked mecha (ala Endless Waltz Sandrock, if you catch my drift :D)

Wonder what stupidity will ensue next when an actual fight happens.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 22, 2014 12:01 PM

Aug 2008
Rygart changes a lot over the course of the series. He drops his pacifistic nonsense and passive stance. He also gets much better at fighting and is part of one of the best battles you will ever see in an action show. Well, as long as they stick to the manga and don't repeat that horrid excuse of a fight from the movie.

I hope they will stop with omitting material and poor editing and make this a proper adaptation with more seasons. Because this series is really worth it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 22, 2014 5:28 PM

Mar 2012
Uhu, it looks like Sigyn loved Rygart instead of Hodr, and seems like Hodr knows that.

I like mixed action anime with romance, let's see where this gets
May 24, 2014 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

I do not remember (I'm past several years) in the film but the part about the clash between armed forces and those of the commander general Borcuse True, it was much more engaging. The audience found itself long ago involved in the clash, it is the end, the psychopathic was to end the life of True so violent!
The plot and story are well explained in that "climate" are the characters, poor Hodr, boredom will always sit in that chair ... XD
Always better the plot, I can not wait to come twists.
Rygart start earning points and more! ASD
May 26, 2014 1:43 AM

Nov 2011
Holy crap, General True was killed? Who was in that golem with the chainsaw arm things? Sounded like a girl's scream.
May 27, 2014 7:38 AM

Nov 2010
RIP general True and your army
The flashbacks of Sigyn with Rygart were nice
Jun 9, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2013
lol "The queen snapped"

Aug 7, 2014 5:02 PM

Dec 2010
So I was not the only one to not like the transitions.

I never saw General True dieing, not this early on. Gen Borques is not to be taken lightly indeed. Rygrart's development was great.

L-Ryoshi said:
Sigyn's flashback was too little too late. I wonder why the heck she agreed to marry the King instead, if she liked Rygart so much. Given the interaction between them, it makes me wonder if Rygart would have even bothered helping Hodr if Sigyn wasn't in danger of getting her head chopped off.
Not really, Rygart is actually oblivious about Sigyn's feelings imo.
Sep 6, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2014
b1GZZ said:
Uhu, it looks like Sigyn loved Rygart instead of Hodr, and seems like Hodr knows that.

The Queen almost snapped, lol. To bad for General True, I didn't like that guy to much anyway. All those orphans will be heart broken though..
---------My Profile------------
Jan 10, 2016 7:31 PM

Jul 2013
Narvi > Sigyn. But I wouldn't mind both.

RIP midget general. It was short and anticlimatic but I enjoyed it while it lasted. lol seriously this is soo rushed
Sep 24, 2016 12:25 PM
Mar 2016
couldnt girge easily maim zess in battle?

More topics from this board

» Break Blade vs Movie. whats better?

TheNoseOfDeath - Jun 22, 2014

22 by quercifolia »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

37 by dexter247 »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

28 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

48 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:35 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

20 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.