Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 17, 2019 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
pucci carried this fucking part, cause outside of jolyne and foo fighters the cast this time was just misused and halfbaked with many forgettable fights until the final act. That last act was great but with a better cast it could of been so much more.

Kind of middling to low 7, that I honestly want to give an extra point to just cause of how much I love Pucci

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 14, 2019 1:51 PM
Feb 2018
8/10. I guess this universe will have different identities and people. So this universe will probably be the universe we get in part 7.
Nov 22, 2019 12:46 AM

Jul 2009
WOW just WOW. I finally finished JoJo Part VI Stone Ocean.

This has got to be the most depressing ending in the series.. Just wow.

There's a reason why Part VII and Part VIII would feel like a "reset" in the series.

While it kinda feels like an Evangelion Ending. Still, I'm excited to see it being animated.

First few chapters are intense then it slows down a bit on the middle then went ramp up at the end.

I respect Araki for not pulling any punches in this. I just wish he also did the same with Part V with Fugo and his original story

Also gain my respect for Weather Report. I would say Weather Report is among the best Stands out there! Not even sure if Golden Experience Requiem can stand toe to toe with it. And of course stupid ass Made in Heaven as well. This shit is broken as fuck.

I can't wait for the Anime.

Nov 22, 2019 12:08 PM
Mar 2015
Well, this part certainly lived up do the bizarre-part.

While Jolyne has become my second favorite JoJo, next to Joseph, I didn't find her companions to be as interesting as the ones in part 4 and 5. I also found most of the stands to be less interesting than the ones in part 4 and especially 5.
Pucci has, however, become my favorite JoJo villain by far, and his morally gray ambitions made him a villain I didn't actively root against. That's not to say the previous villains, aside from Diavolo, were boring though.

My current ranking is 4>5>2>6>>3>>>1

Looking forward to SBR

Dec 19, 2019 10:53 PM

Mar 2011
wow.... i mean, what?

Feb 7, 2020 10:54 AM

Oct 2013
A beautiful, but bittersweet ending. Pucci was defeated and I was happy to see Emporio surviving everything and to see that souls of Jolyne and her friends "reincarnated" in alternative universe with happier fate for all of them.

But they still were not Jolyne and others.. and Emporio still was all alone in the new reality. :(

I heard

I must commend that small Rohan cameo-like moment when he could draw a manga despite time being several times accelerated. xD That was funny.

Too bad that Giorno eventually didn't appear in Florida, even if we were teased about his possible arrival in Rykiel's description panel.

Huge minus and disappointment for last panel. It was beautiful, but Araki-san... Where is F.F.?! :( I know, she was a plankton, but it shouldn't be problem. The same way Iggy could have not been considered as Stardust Crusader, but he fairly was considered as such.

I heard many bad opinions about Stone Ocean being "the worst part". I actually enjoyed it a lot, especially its beginning and ending. Somewhere in the middle some arcs felt boring, even a lot, but later, when that Green Child appeared, everything was only better.
Mar 9, 2020 8:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The last 20 chapters were beyond wonderful, I agree the end is a bit confusing but damn, part 6 is a freaking masterpiece. 10/10
Mar 13, 2020 1:45 PM

Dec 2019
Damn so this is how the 6 part series came to an end, the joestars from that universe dying, it's kinda sad if you think about it cause they are other personalities (kinda i guess?) but damn all of them met up at the ending plus emporio, i seriously didn't expect everyone to get killed by pucci expect emporio, then move to a parallel universe, araki- sensei got me good on this one, definetly the most bizzare ending ever till now 10/10 for the manga cant wait to see part 6 animated !!
                                                         🖤   

Apr 24, 2020 12:20 PM

May 2016
I'll have to thank my friends for giving me such low expectations for Stone Ocean because they didn't like it especially when compared to Steel Ball Run since it made me become more surprised at how good Part 6 actually was. There were some fights that I didn't like much but the whole experience was wild overall. The characters really drove this one out of the park, that's for sure. It's too bad that pretty much all of them died though. I'll definitely miss them and I wonder what happened to the characters from the other parts.

Emporio defeating Pucci using Weather Report was a very poetic way to do so and it was also pretty satisfying to see him finally get his comeuppance. I feared that it would be a completely depressing ending where the kid slowly dies of oxygen poisoning in the ghost room after the fight but it's good that he had a bittersweet ending with the alternate versions of his friends reunited by destiny instead.

They better drive past FF's alternate version playing in the rain in the middle of nowhere on the way to Cape Canaveral!

May 3, 2020 4:34 PM
May 2016
One of the boldest endings to any manga I've read honestly. Araki is a genius, it's going to be something else to see the reaction to this ending when the part gets adapted in anime form.
May 10, 2020 6:14 AM

Sep 2019
I guess this is the first time i read a manga where every last one of the pratoginsts die. But honestly that was terrific. One of the best jojo part for me. Although honestly, i really want Annasui and Jotaro gets more development. There were flaws here and there but i don't think that's a problem.

I thought emporio would have died there but then he pulled a trick under his sleeves. And it was brilliant. Pucci wasn't the best villain ever but his powers, especially all of those stand discs and evolutions... makes him a formidable villain. To finally see him getting cornered and defeated was satisfying. And that alternative universe tho, i just can't express it in words. What a beautiful ending.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
May 27, 2020 9:20 PM

Nov 2019
Here it ends part 6. Overall worst part so far imo. I didn't find any characters from the group interesting except Annasui, all the villains were forgettable, with the exception of Pucci, who carried this part. Jotaro was a waste, still figuring out how he's listed as a main character. The fights except the first 3 or so and the final were the worst so far and not particularly fond with the artstyle.

The only thing i really liked in this part was Pucci, the man should go to the did nothing wrong gang. And the ending and the final fight, which were awesome.

Hopefully DP will make the part more watchable.

6/10
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Jun 13, 2020 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
After finishing this part I sorta understand why there are so many polarizing opinions on it.
There is a lot to like about part 6 that be stand ideas, which might be the most creative we got when compared to previous parts, and great story pacing with every battle taking the necessery amount of chapters and everything being tied to the main plot; the prison as a location was also well establish; and Pucci is, in my opinion, the best villain so far of the whole franchise... yet the problems with this part strive from both a really weak main cast and lack of proper conclusion for most arcs. It captures the bizzare but lacks the sense of adventure and comradery that defines jojo.
Characters have a common goal but nothing that ties them together and is hard to view Jolyne as nothing more than a figurehead. The stands are very creative but the battles themselfs (apart from a few like Westhood) lack proper resolve and new abilities are revealed without any background and used as deux exmachina (looking at you Weather Report).
I really wanted to like this part and praise its creativity, but apart from Pucci which is easly the best this arc offered (from his ideals, design, backstory, strong belives, mannerisms like how he counts primes everytime he is in a dire situation, calm nature, etc... plus the final showdown against him was amazing) there is not much else that stands out in this part. What a shame. Since there was a universe reset I guess next parts will partake in a different universe setting so I am curious in that regard even if also a bit apprehensive.
As for rankings I guess I would put this part above part 3 but slightly bellow part 5. Anyway off I go to hear Made In Heaven while starting part 7.
removed-userJun 13, 2020 7:12 PM
Jun 19, 2020 9:25 AM

Oct 2017
alright what tHE FUCK HAPPENED.

In Stone Ocean, I find it amazing that Araki can think of so many scenarios that all occur in the same location, which is the prison. Although I find that creativity amazing, it does not really bring uniqueness to each arc, thus some arcs were easy to forget, along with the arcs' enemy stand user. I almost forgot that the Max arc existed.

I enjoyed this cast of characters, they were sorta fun and some had great character developments (my boi Anasui y'all). I really love watching all of their relationships develop from one chapter to the next.

I also enjoyed the villain very much, especially his ideals and backstory.

Regarding the art style, I'm a fan of it, especially the coloring. Gosh the blending of the skin colors on each character was so smooth omfg.

Before reading this part, I knew from the fandom that the ending was kinda difficult to understand, so I tried my best to read every line and understood what was happening in each arc of Stone Ocean.

Overall, 7/10.
nerd_64Jun 19, 2020 9:37 AM
Aug 5, 2020 12:18 PM

Mar 2020
What the absolute fuck just happened. lol so everyone basically died except Emporio that's wild.

This was actually kind of a fitting ending for the most trippy and bizarre Jojo part by a fuckin mile, i honestly loved how crazy this shit was.
That Bohemian Rhapsody arc is my favorite arc in the whole series. Overall this part definitely had the best and most enjoyable fights in the series.

Also Jolyne is a dope ass character, she's probably my 2nd/3rd favorite Jojo.

I think the weakest point of this Part is the characters, outside of Jolyne, Pucci and Foo Fighters the rest were kinda meh. I think because Araki focused on Jolyne too much. The characters weren't bad just not as strong of a cast as Parts 3-5. Still tho overall i think this is my 2nd favorite part after part 5.

and i guess R.I.P to everyone in the main timeline lol can't believe they actually ended it like that. Araki was definitely on something when he wrote this one.
BlufaceBabyAug 5, 2020 1:40 PM
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Aug 13, 2020 1:24 PM

Oct 2017
I don't know you all, I am crying all the shit because of Jotaro, I really loved him, I loved his character but suddenly he died. I don't care any other shit but this.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Sep 9, 2020 1:05 PM

Nov 2019
zzzmohamed said:
So this universe will probably be the universe we get in part 7.
Its not the same universe as SBR. Parts 7 and 8 do their own thing in a different universe. Part 6 just ends the 1st story (aka parts 1-6) while introducing the idea of a multiverse into JoJo.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Sep 15, 2020 2:48 PM

May 2020
This ending is definitely something that I did not expect from Araki... I was kind of trying to finish this so I could read SBR but honestly, I was definitely surprised by this ending! I look forward to seeing the anime adaptation.

In my opinion, I felt that that despite Araki saying that he reached his creative peak, I still feel like there were some avenues of the story that didn't reach a conclusion. For example, in Part 3, Ann, the runaway girl, just disappeared halfway through Part 3 and I just assumed she'd reappear later in the series as an adult, but no she doesn't!

Maybe that's just Araki keeping his audience on their toes. A lot of stories have obvious foreshadowing of characters coming back, so maybe Araki just wanted to go against the grain and say that there is no way of knowing who may or may not make an appearance in the future.
sk8headSep 15, 2020 5:55 PM
Nov 11, 2020 12:10 PM

Oct 2019
Knowing that this is not just the end of Stone Ocean but also the end of the original universe of JoJos, really puts everything into a whole different perspective. This is the end of this beautiful, amazing and extremely bizarre adventure that lasted for more than 2 centuries.
This is the end of all those amazing JoBros that made this journey possible. This is the end of all those incredible and intriguing antagonists that made this journey so harsh and struggling. But in the end, they made it so worth it! This is the end of the Joestar Bloodline.
Goodbye Jolyne, Jotaro, Hermés, F.F., Annasui, Weather, Emporio… And of course, Goodbye Father Pucci!!!

P.S.: SBR HERE WE GO BABY!!!!!
Feb 24, 2021 4:11 PM

Jun 2020
I'm by no means a critic, but WOW what a ride. I did find probably the first half of Part 6 a bit boring, but the second half really made up for it. Sure, there were times where all I was thinking was "what in the fuck is going on?" but that was half of the fun for me. The ending was bittersweet, in the end the Joestar legacy has ended by the influence of Dio, but ultimately everyone lived on.

Here's what I don't understand.... exactly how many alternate universes had there been prior to this? Remember in the very beginning.... Emporio is warning Jolyne to not go into the visitation room to see her father. So how did he know? He would've had to experienced it before the same way he experienced it again after the universe everyone had been in ended. That's probably the biggest head scratcher for me in this part.

I found this to be one of the more interesting arcs, probably #2 for me, and WAY better than the previous Part 5. Part 5 was so forgettable for me, I couldn't even tell you what happened honestly.

This was 9/10 for me. Onto Part 7.
Jun 26, 2021 1:35 AM
Jan 2021
I'm so invested in Jojo Araki could write whatever the fuck he wanted and I would suck it up. Normally I hate anime or manga that break their own rules, but Araki gives us such enjoyable characters and goofy stories that I'm willing to excuse most.

Ending was sad. It's sad to know that none of them remember, but at least their all still alive.
Aug 14, 2021 1:30 PM
Aug 2020
I need time to process what happened.... CUZ WTF!!!!

Emporio is literally us as readers, we had the same reaction knowing that the old characters are no longer the same but glad that fate gathered them all together again somehow :')

Can't wait to see the ending animated, I'll definitely cry like a bitch again ;_________;
Oct 29, 2021 1:16 AM

May 2019
Just dropping by to say that Jolyne is my favorite JoJo.
Dec 9, 2021 3:19 AM

Jul 2014
Absolutely terrific. This and Part 4 are my two favourites thus far. Definitely looking forward to starting Part 7.
Take care of yourself

Dec 9, 2021 5:55 AM

Dec 2020
BuiltforSinpai said:

Here's what I don't understand.... exactly how many alternate universes had there been prior to this? Remember in the very beginning.... Emporio is warning Jolyne to not go into the visitation room to see her father. So how did he know? He would've had to experienced it before the same way he experienced it again after the universe everyone had been in ended. That's probably the biggest head scratcher for me in this part.

No. Emporio told Jolyne not to go to meet Jotaro because he knew Pucci was going to attack her like he had attacked his mother. That is all. That was the original universe. Then Pucci reset it where only Emporio survived and everyone who died were replaced by their downgraded versions. Then, Pucci was going to kill Emporio and reset it again but he was killed before the reset was complete. So in the third universe, since the reset wasn't completed, Pucci didn't exist, so Jotaro didn't have to abandon his family, Jolyne Joestar didn't go on a bizarre adventure so she wasn't a JoJo. Her name is Irene Joestar. Part 5 was the end of the battle between Dio and the Joestar Family. In a way, the Joestars won.
Dec 22, 2021 4:47 PM

Jun 2020
troilus_05s said:
BuiltforSinpai said:

No. Emporio told Jolyne not to go to meet Jotaro because he knew Pucci was going to attack her like he had attacked his mother. That is all. That was the original universe. Then Pucci reset it where only Emporio survived and everyone who died were replaced by their downgraded versions. Then, Pucci was going to kill Emporio and reset it again but he was killed before the reset was complete. So in the third universe, since the reset wasn't completed, Pucci didn't exist, so Jotaro didn't have to abandon his family, Jolyne Joestar didn't go on a bizarre adventure so she wasn't a JoJo. Her name is Irene Joestar. Part 5 was the end of the battle between Dio and the Joestar Family. In a way, the Joestars won.

Thanks for clarifying.
Jan 20, 2022 2:34 AM

Jan 2013
In my opinion, this is the weakest jojo part.
I did not enjoy and feel anything on this part 6 lmao
Jan 21, 2022 3:41 AM

May 2020
Still wrapping my mind around over all of this... this indeed is the most bizarre part out of these six.

Even though I knew a bit about all of this alternate universe thing, it's still insane reading it all by yourself. Poor Emporio, he's still the only one having all of those memories but I'm glad to see those "alternative versions" of our usual crew.

Also Jolyne as a character needs a bit more appreciation, and so does this part too. The last stretch is filled with some of the best fights of this whole series, really excited to see them being animated. Still not sure what score to give, but reading SBR right after it is one thing I can say for sure.

So long to Joestars(the original ones)....
Softhenic03Jan 21, 2022 3:48 AM
Feb 12, 2022 7:21 PM

Aug 2019
All I gotta say is Jolyne best JoJo
This part was one of the wildest things I’ve read in a manga and one of the craziest endings I’ve seen so i gotta go 10/10
I still think 4 is the best part tho
Jun 6, 2022 9:56 AM
Dec 2020
Like many people here I was also already spoilt about the ending, but damn was it interesting as hell.
Part 6 started strong went weak in the middle but went strong afterwards.
I can understand why ending is controversial but I still liked it, can't wait for it to be animated
Overall a pretty good experience looking forward to part 7
Sep 7, 2022 12:14 AM
Oct 2021
I liked this ending tho
Sep 20, 2022 5:57 PM

Dec 2020
If Araki wanted a fresh restart of the series he could have just done it without this unnecessary out of the hat bullshit. The fight at the space center was awesome, Pucci's time accelerating ability was awesome and threatening too, and i was looking forward for them to figure out some genius idea to counter it, because playing and interacting between different stand abilities is one of the selling point of this series (not the only one of course).

I think if everyone actually ended up dying instead of rewritten, defeating Pucci during the actual fight at the cost of their lives, it would have been better. Instead we got this ridiculous contrived mess.
Oct 1, 2022 5:10 PM
Jun 2022
Oh wow, how do you even think after this? Araki, once again, has created an utter masterpiece
Nov 6, 2022 1:13 AM

Jan 2011
And my reread of Part 6 is done. JoJolion ending made me feel it was time to give everything a reread, and as long as I was rereading I figured I should do it before watching the Stone Ocean anime. The last of the episodes getting their release date set gave me the motivation to plunge into it all.

A fantastic series when I first read it and a fantastic series now, and the perfect send off to JoJo as a weekly series. Even if SBR was weekly at first too. I look forward to seeing it all animated in the near future.

BTW I really don't get how anyone could take it as Pucci winning when he was straight up begging not to get killed and spelt out exactly how that derailed his entire plan.
Dec 10, 2022 4:21 PM
Jan 2021
finally girls on jojos
Jan 13, 2023 6:31 PM

Apr 2021
Oh my the feels.... the 10 years journey of Joestar had finally came to an end..
Feb 2, 2023 6:25 AM

Sep 2011
This was.... messy I guess.  Jolyne was a good MC but other than her and Weather the rest of the main cast was just a nothing burger.  Pucci is up there for worst JoJo main antagonist and that ending is still super confusing even after seeing it twice.  SO still has all the JoJo energy I love but it's just not satisfying.
Feb 6, 2023 6:29 PM
Feb 2023
el mejor capitulo que lei en mi vida, 10/10 me puse a llorar
Feb 16, 2023 12:31 PM
Mar 2019
5/5 maistuu salami
Oct 29, 2023 8:38 PM
Oct 2023
i hate nightmares
Jan 19, 9:09 AM
Oct 2011
Reply to GoldenDevilGamer
Idk how to react to Stone Ocean's ending. This really was the most bizarre part imo.

The first half was just as good as Vento Aureo, but the second half was very, very enjoyable. And the ending just took the JoJo universe and threw it in a trash can before you can say wtf. Every one died, and those who didn't get killed, ended up dying of age because of that next-level time acceleration.

And Pucci was way to f*cking OP, yet his death was way too easy. They should've tampered with the oxygen levels a long, long time ago. The alternate main characters was really sweet though, especially the alternate Jolyne and Annasui being together.

Overall it was a great part with an ending I'm not sure if I should like or hate. Everyone we know is basically dead except Emporio. And I thought Stardust Crusaders killed off way to many main characters...

?/5 for this chapter
?/10 for this series
@GoldenDevilGamer If they weren't in a confined space tampering with the oxygen levels wouldn't work
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Chapter 122 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

12 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 6, 1:35 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Chapter 145 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2014

10 by animalia »»
Jan 7, 12:13 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Chapter 106 Discussion

Terrestrious - Aug 28, 2015

13 by animalia »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Chapter 86 Discussion

Mana - Nov 12, 2016

7 by animalia »»
Dec 27, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Chapter 59 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Apr 26, 2014

14 by animalia »»
Dec 25, 2023 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.