Forum Settings
Forums

Is there an anime you can't seem to find flaws in it's enjoyment? Probable spoilers for multiple series.

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 23, 2014 9:21 AM

Dec 2012
Extreme3708 said:
My favorite anime ever is One Piece, I simply love almost everything about it and I doubt I will find another series to can take it's place in my heart, however I do find some flaws in One Piece ( animation and art is a big issue) and also some other things I come across as well. In the other hand Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in my opinion is "the perfect anime" I just can't seem to find anything wrong with it. I rate based in my enjoyment but when I think about it FMAB animation, sound, story, characters is just amazing. It has a little bit of everything to be honest, I think it definitely deserves the top spot on MAL.

But I wanna know if there is a series that you guys like, that you like so much that you can't find anything wrong with it.

Dragon Ball Z. To be frank. I know there's actually plenty wrong with it, but I choose to ignore everything wrong with it every single time I watch it. I just prefer the rose-tinted glasses I see it through, and I don't believe that's ever going to change. I got too much nostalgia from it.
"Live a good life, leave behind a legacy to be proud of."

I review anime! (via TrashMutant.com): Aldnoah.Zero: http://tinyurl.com/ly6oyr6; Sword Art Online: http://tinyurl.com/mzpks8t; Patema Inverted: http://tinyurl.com/kphmu7t

I also now review manga! (via Bagandbored.net): Chirality - To the Promised Land: http://tinyurl.com/mvblbuo
Apr 23, 2014 10:22 AM

Jul 2013
pLaguE_ said:
Shinsekai yori is one with little flaws and the flaws that are there can easily be ignored.

It's hard to find an anime that doesn't have flaws.

Mushishi and Shinsekai yori are my choices.

How can SSY have easily overlooked flaws when the characters are meh and most of the revelations mean nothing by the end.

Apr 23, 2014 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
hybreezy said:
pLaguE_ said:
Shinsekai yori is one with little flaws and the flaws that are there can easily be ignored.

How can SSY have easily overlooked flaws when the characters are meh and most of the revelations mean nothing by the end.

Apr 23, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2013
hybreezy said:
pLaguE_ said:

Um, how is that bad?
gedataApr 23, 2014 11:05 AM
Apr 23, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
Let's see

I still enjoyed the show quite a bit, but really...
Apr 23, 2014 11:23 AM

Mar 2014
hybreezy said:
Let's see

I still enjoyed the show quite a bit, but really...

Apr 23, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
Extreme3708 said:
ButNotForMe said:
Yes, Cowboy Bebop

Oh wait Episode 21 SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED

Im on episode 11 of cowboy bebop and I don't see whats so special about it. Sure spike is a cool MC but it has poor story, worldbuilding and boring episodes.

Story and episodes I can agree, since there's isn't much at the first 11 episodes when episode 5 is clearly the best

but worldbuilding? really?

If you find it boring, just watch Spike's and Faye's arc as Jet's arc contains the worst episode of the show
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Apr 23, 2014 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah Bebop has some solid worldbuilding, I think that is probably one of the show's biggest strengths. Also one of the relatively few benefits I can see to episodic stories in general.
Apr 23, 2014 4:57 PM

Feb 2010
The wordbuilding in Cowboy Bebop is probably one of the weakest part of the show. Compare it to LoGH, that reserved two whole episodes narrating the historical events that led to the current political universe, and you’ll see the difference. In Cowboy Bebop there is hardly any explanation of why everything is happening, like how some of the planets visited in the show seem to have different cultures and technologies, as well as divergent political and religious structure. I can accept the lack of information if there is a reason for it, but there isn’t. Moreover in Cowboy Bebop people can apparently live in space just by holding their breath and clog their ears (episode 7 around minute 20.00), nice worldbuildng there.
Apr 23, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2014
Nope, no animes nor anything is perfect
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Apr 23, 2014 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
My nigga. Yes, though I still enjoy Brotherhood a good deal it's far from perfect and no where near the level most people hold it to. The original is vastly more thought out in a lot of areas. On topic, Ghost in the Shell SAC series is another that comes to mind. I couldn't really find flaws with it nor would I change anything about it except more lesbian scenes with the Major.

Apr 23, 2014 5:12 PM

Nov 2013
You can find flaws in any anime no matter how good it is.
You enjoy shows despite it's flaws, not because it's perfect.
Apr 23, 2014 5:14 PM

Sep 2012
Objectively speaking, Mushishi is boring as fuck.
Apr 23, 2014 5:16 PM

Sep 2011
ryuushogi said:
Gintama my all time fav its mostly comedy but i still enjoys it every ep is awsm
and i have rewatch it atleast 3 or 4 times and i still seem to enjoy it there might have some flaws but its a masterpiece for me
the first 18 episodes are downright terrible, the series proceeds to be hit or miss throughout its 1st and 2nd year whilst the 3rd year occassionally finds dips in quality, the benizakura arc suffers from the and most generic antagonist in the series whos only motivation and goal was to kill people with a sword cause "hurr durr im evil" as well as the terrible antagonist in the mitsuba arc whos only motivation was similar, the 4th years suffers from the only bad filler in the series as a result of barely any manga chapters left causing a slow pacing on many episodes in an attempt to draw out time out of a show essentially on life support.also gintama' episode 8 was dogshit.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 23, 2014 5:19 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, a lot of people shooting down other people's posts here. I thought this thread was all about what anime can't you find flaws in it's enjoyment (keyword here.), not having others point out what they find as flaws in that thing you enjoyed.

Well, whatever, that's MAL for you.

OT: For me it's FLCL. There's not a thing I don't like about it. Even the stuff that would be considered a flaw in another anime strangely works to the anime's benefit and makes for an unique experience (in a good way.)
Apr 23, 2014 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:

Is the reason I don't plan to watch it ever.
Apr 23, 2014 5:23 PM

Sep 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always LOGH and Cowboy Bebop to disprove the existence of flaws.
bebop episode 6

The ending of that episode completely redeemed it.

BANG!
Apr 23, 2014 5:25 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:

Yeah it doesn't have titties, stock characters, asspulls, explosions, cute girls or a dense main character. Must be shit.
Apr 23, 2014 5:28 PM

Mar 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:

Yeah it doesn't have titties, stock characters, asspulls, explosions, cute girls or a dense main character. Must be shit.

Thanks for the heads up.
Apr 23, 2014 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
Nope. Even 10/10 shows have some small flaws but they aren't enough to take off a point from the overall score. When I watch any show, any genre I tend to be extremely observant as to understand what is going on or what may happen next. During this process, I pick up on aspects of the show that I dislike or am not too fond of. Because of that I will always find flaws in any show that I watch.
Apr 23, 2014 5:34 PM

Dec 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:

Really, you are going to use that meme sort of argument.

It's going to be shit for the lack of interesting concept, episodic nature or any sort of appeal. Same as Aria, and other slow paced type of shows, that scream boring to me.

Apr 23, 2014 5:36 PM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:

It's going to be shit for the lack of interesting concept, episodic nature or any sort of appeal. Same as Aria, and other slow paced type of shows, that scream boring to me.

Watch an episode of Mushishi right before bed and see if it makes a difference.

Apr 23, 2014 5:36 PM

Sep 2012
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Baccano!, and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica are all objective masterpieces that I love to fucking death.

Maybe Baccano! a little less so considering how short it was and how long it's been since I watched it but whatever.

SolBlade said:
Brotherhood does have some flaws, such as (in my opinion) a lackluster final villain and some convenient moments. Nothing too major except the first point, though, so I can see what you guys mean.
This is coming from a guy who gave it a 10, by the way.
I honestly thought that the final villain was fine, considering that he was

And even I'm wrong here, who cares about the final villain when you have people like King Bradley anyway?
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 23, 2014 5:39 PM

Jun 2011
Korrvo said:
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Baccano!, and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica are all objective masterpieces that I love to fucking death.

Maybe Baccano! a little less so considering how short it was and how long it's been since I watched it but whatever.

SolBlade said:
Brotherhood does have some flaws, such as (in my opinion) a lackluster final villain and some convenient moments. Nothing too major except the first point, though, so I can see what you guys mean.
This is coming from a guy who gave it a 10, by the way.
I honestly thought that the final villain was fine, considering that he was

And even I'm wrong here, who cares about the final villain when you have people like King Bradley anyway?

Exactly. If it had been just Father then I would have been disappointed but the other Homunculi (especially Bradley) made up for it.

Apr 23, 2014 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:

-snobby nerd snorting- Really, you are going to spout nonsense about a series you've never seen.

It's nothing like Aria, not even in the way it handles its episodic nature. It might not be for you, but objectively speaking anyone who calls it Mushitshit jacks off to otaku pandering quasi-pedo moe girls.
Apr 23, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
my top 5 are flawless so whenever i rewatch them i always enjoy them like i'm watching the shows for the 1st time
Apr 23, 2014 5:43 PM

Dec 2012
SolBlade said:

Nah, I have too many things I want to watch and finish in anime/manga/TV shows, like Baccano and Game of Thrones. I have no time to try a series, that doesn't interest me in the slightest. Reading that it's episodic alone make me lose interest.

Why before bed though? any special reason?

Ratohnhaketon said:

-snobby nerd snorting- Really, you are going to spout nonsense about a series you've never seen.

It's nothing like Aria, not even in the way it handles its episodic nature. It might not be for you, but objectively speaking anyone who calls it Mushitshit jacks off to otaku pandering quasi-pedo moe girls.

I'm not spouting anything, I'm merely stating my expectation of the series, and why it doesn't interest me, and why I feel like it would be boring.

That's cool and probably true, I mean similar as in slow pace, seemingly boring and having episodic nature. Same goes for Kino no Tabi. And you used to be one of the few reasonable and level headed people here, huh.
tsudecimoApr 23, 2014 5:47 PM
Apr 23, 2014 5:54 PM

Sep 2012
I watched 4 episdes of Mushishi, it had a chill atmosphere, was rather poetic... And that's about it, this is nice, but not enough to make me stay for 26 episodes.
Apr 23, 2014 5:55 PM

Jun 2010
for me that's Space Brothers x)
Apr 23, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2012
There are probably legitimate (though small) flaws in Baccano

But I have so much fun watching it I can't even see 'em

#RoseTint
Apr 23, 2014 5:59 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:

Ratohnhaketon said:

I'm not spouting anything, I'm merely stating my expectation of the series, and why it doesn't interest me, and why I feel like it would be boring.

That's cool and probably true, I mean similar as in slow pace, seemingly boring and having episodic nature. Same goes for Kino no Tabi. And you used to be one of the few reasonable and level headed people here, huh.

"It's going to be shit" and agreeing with "it's boring as fuck" are hardly speculation, more like forced expectations without experience. I can give you a dozen reasons why I will never watch Boku no Pico, but I will never assume anything I can't say without watching it.

Also based on your posts it just seems like you look for ways to shoot down anything in MAL's top 50 so I just have to wonder sometimes.

Nice condescending tone, I'm shaking at my loss of reputation.
Apr 23, 2014 6:06 PM

Jul 2012
-too lazy to quote-

I think Mushishi is really good if it's your taste, but it was not particularly my cup of tea. Like, it's a nice show but it didn't have much of an impact on me other than being a "poetic show".

SSY definitely has flaws and I feel kind of bad for giving it a perfect score but the plot/world-building/foreshadowing/writing was just so good that I really didn't care if the characters were of less impact. Honestly, there are shows that do characters well and shows that just have a better plot.

Take Madoka or Samurai Flamenco which were plot twist-type of shows. Neither had great characters but its really the story that made up for it. And then character shows like Nagi no Asukara and Uchuu Kyoudai which shone even with a not-as-captivating plot as other shows.

Sun-Hae said:

Same. It's really hard to find flaws in it, except the slow pacing in the latter episodes but otherwise, it's just masterful at everything.
MayukaApr 23, 2014 6:12 PM
Apr 23, 2014 6:07 PM

Jul 2013
SetsukoHara said:
I watched 4 episdes of Mushishi, it had a chill atmosphere, was rather poetic... And that's about it, this is nice, but not enough to make me stay for 26 episodes.

Around the middle it did start to feel to me like it didn't need to be 26 episodes, but I still enjoyed it overall. I will say there are a few too many episodes of Ginko giving someone treatment and saying he'll return in a few months then the last 3-5 minutes show the outcome. Though I did appreciate them mixing up stories that ended on both happy and sad notes.
Apr 23, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
NarTaco said:
FMA: Brotherhood.
Apr 23, 2014 6:09 PM
Apr 2014
Eureka Seven.

I don't know man I just love that show.
Apr 23, 2014 6:10 PM

Dec 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
tsudecimo said:

Ratohnhaketon said:

"It's going to be shit" and agreeing with "it's boring as fuck" are hardly speculation, more like forced expectations without experience. I can give you a dozen reasons why I will never watch Boku no Pico, but I will never assume anything I can't say without watching it.

Also based on your posts it just seems like you look for ways to shoot down anything in MAL's top 50 so I just have to wonder sometimes.

Nice condescending tone, I'm shaking at my loss of reputation.

I didn't use ''it going to be shit'' as an actual speculation of the show. I merely replied with it's going to be shit, because you brought it up ''Must be shit''. My speculation and prejudgment was that it was going to be boring, nothing more and nothing less. Setsuko, said it was boring, I replied to express that I feel that show does indeed seem like something that would bore me, hence why I don't want to watch it. But you seem butthurt enough to take that as if I'm actually bashing the show or stating that it's shit and boring without watching it, and then to imply with that meme thing I would find it boring because of those things you listed.

Cool, but I deny that assertion. I barely remember that Mushimushi is at the top 50 or top whatever. Sorry, I don't care for MAL's ranking, since they mean practically nothing.
Apr 23, 2014 6:13 PM

May 2013
tsudecimo said:
SolBlade said:

Nah, I have too many things I want to watch and finish in anime/manga/TV shows, like Baccano and Game of Thrones. I have no time to try a series, that doesn't interest me in the slightest. Reading that it's episodic alone make me lose interest.

Ratohnhaketon said:

You have fucking Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei in your favorites. Taikei is episodic from what i've seen so far. I mean if you don't wanna watch it, it's fine but the "i'm not gonna watch it cause it's episodic" is kinda odd, considering The Tatami Galaxy is in your favorites.
"A samurai doesn't need a reason to take action. If something needs saving, all you have to do is grab your sword"-Sakata Gintoki
Apr 23, 2014 6:15 PM

Sep 2012
mayukachan said:
Sun-Hae said:

Same. It's really hard to find flaws in it, except the slow pacing in the latter episodes but otherwise, it's just masterful at everything.

MuttaxSerika: No progress at all!
Apr 23, 2014 6:16 PM

Sep 2011
SetsukoHara said:
JizzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always LOGH and Cowboy Bebop to disprove the existence of flaws.
bebop episode 6

BANG!
i think you got it mixed up with episode 5 which ends with him saying bang, episode 6's ending was a really dumb deus ex machina

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 23, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
SetsukoHara said:
mayukachan said:
Sun-Hae said:

True. But, I don't care much about the romance. It's like an bonus in the show.
Apr 23, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
za0ldyeck said:
Eureka Seven.

woo another fan, it's possibly my all time favorite. People will be quick to attack Renton though, he seems to make a lot of people mad
Apr 23, 2014 6:19 PM

Nov 2010
SetsukoHara said:
mayukachan said:
Sun-Hae said:

Not achieving his goal is a big one and always fixing the problems mostly by himself(he's like House). Also always saying the right thing at the right time, like randomly.
Apr 23, 2014 6:21 PM

Dec 2012
KingKongShrest said:

You have fucking Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei in your favorites. Taikei is episodic from what i've seen so far. I mean if you don't wanna watch it, it's fine but the "i'm not gonna watch it cause it's episodic" is kinda odd, considering The Tatami Galaxy is in your favorites.

Was it though? the difference here is that Tatami Galaxy, actually has a reason for each episode to be episodic. It has a purpose on the narrative and not merely just a choice for storytelling. It adds more interest and subtlety, rather than taking it. And the final choice for Watashi has more impact due to his ''episodic'' experiences. While on the normal type of episodic, the episodic does harm, without presenting any merits and benefits from it, in my own personal experience.

I'm not saying that any episodic anime is boring or will be boring. I just tend to lose interest in them. Especially if they are 20+ episodes like Samurai Champlo for example. It's just not my cup of tea.
Apr 23, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:

True. But, I don't care much about the romance. It's like an bonus in the show.

Really? Damn. Having romance would have gave more motivation to continue from episode one. So, the romance is not prevalent in the series or important?

gombo said:
za0ldyeck said:
Eureka Seven.

woo another fan, it's possibly my all time favorite. People will be quick to attack Renton though, he seems to make a lot of people mad

He is the best character in that show imo. The rest suck imo (except for Ray and Charles obviously).
Apr 23, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
SolBlade said:

From the little I've seen so far, it's the kind of anime that has a calming effect for restless days, so that was my reason for the suggestion.

Apr 23, 2014 6:29 PM

Sep 2012
JizzyHitler said:
SetsukoHara said:
JizzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
bebop episode 6

BANG!
i think you got it mixed up with episode 5 which ends with him saying bang, episode 6's ending was a really dumb deus ex machina

Episode 6 was with that kid that couldn't age, right? That's the one which ended with Spike saying Bang at the end.

IntroverTurtle said:
SetsukoHara said:
mayukachan said:
Sun-Hae said:

Not achieving his goal is a big one and always fixing the problems mostly by himself(he's like House). Also always saying the right thing at the right time, like randomly.

I'm speaking about their romance.
Apr 23, 2014 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
Out of what I've seen, Madoka Magica for sure. The quality of the writing in that show is just incredible.
Apr 23, 2014 6:31 PM

Nov 2010
SetsukoHara said:
IntroverTurtle said:
SetsukoHara said:
mayukachan said:
Sun-Hae said:

I'm speaking about their romance.
And I'm throwing in some more flaws.
Apr 23, 2014 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:

I didn't use ''it going to be shit'' as an actual speculation of the show. I merely replied with it's going to be shit, because you brought it up ''Must be shit''. My speculation and prejudgment was that it was going to be boring, nothing more and nothing less. Setsuko, said it was boring, I replied to express that I feel that show does indeed seem like something that would bore me, hence why I don't want to watch it. But you seem butthurt enough to take that as if I'm actually bashing the show or stating that it's shit and boring without watching it, and then to imply with that meme thing I would find it boring because of those things you listed.

Cool, but I deny that assertion. I barely remember that Mushimushi is at the top 50 or top whatever. Sorry, I don't care for MAL's ranking, since they mean practically nothing.

I'm going to call you butthurt but look at my essay.

Well I'll apologize. It was clearly my fault for not interpreting the full meaning of a poorly articulated one liner. Please forgive me, I am not worthy.
Apr 23, 2014 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
The funny thing here is that I most likely will enjoy Mushishi. I mean I didn't think I would like Space Dandy at all since it's about Space, is episodic and seems unappealing from the first look.

There is just certain anime, that I don't feel like trying them out, even if I might like them (ex: Gibli movies, Rurouni Kenshin, Hotarubi no Mori, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell)

Baccano! was one of the those, and what do you know, I actually enjoyed it, despite it being seemingly boring, when I first saw it's page.

SolBlade said:

From the little I've seen so far, it's the kind of anime that has a calming effect for restless days, so that was my reason for the suggestion.

I see. Well, calming anime, have no particular effect on me, so I doubt I will appreciate that aspect of it.
tsudecimoApr 23, 2014 6:39 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

130 by -YaoiBoy- »»
14 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

216 by Coaghim »»
22 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

33 by FanofAction »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
33 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

24 by Coaghim »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.