Forum Settings
Forums

Is there an anime you can't seem to find flaws in it's enjoyment? Probable spoilers for multiple series.

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 22, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always LOGH and Cowboy Bebop to disprove the existence of flaws.
bebop episode 6

heh was gonna say Sympathy for the Devil too
Apr 22, 2014 2:39 PM

Dec 2013
JD2411 said:
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:
Clannad because there are no flaws

Afterstory's ending?
Okay, how is the ending a flaw? It was foreshadowed from the first season so it wasn't a plothole or anything

not liking something ≠ flaw

FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT.
Apr 22, 2014 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
hybreezy said:
JizzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always LOGH and Cowboy Bebop to disprove the existence of flaws.
bebop episode 6

Its honestly the only episode of that series id say was bad. That episode and a couple other ehh episodes/moments at random parts of the series are why i didnt give it a 10. still a well deserved 9/10 in my book

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 22, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
JizzyHitler said:
hybreezy said:
JizzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
bebop episode 6

Its honestly the only episode of that series id say was bad. That episode and a couple other ehh episodes/moments at random parts of the series are why i didnt give it a 10. still a well deserved 9/10 in my book

Yeah it also doesn't help it comes right after one of the best episodes (if not clearly the best by that point).
Apr 22, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2011
JD2411 said:
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:

Afterstory's ending?
Okay, how is the ending a flaw? It was foreshadowed from the first season so it wasn't a plothole or anything

I could say it's DEM but then I'd get lots of VN players telling me otherwise. It felt that way to me, to be honest.
But yeah, I honestly hated the ending but liked the rest of the series.

Apr 22, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2014
Zer01 said:
Steins;Gate

Meh
Apr 22, 2014 2:47 PM
Mar 2013
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:

Afterstory's ending?

I could say it's DEM but then I'd get lots of VN players telling me otherwise.
It's not DEM because it was foreshadowed

Not liking it is fine. But saying it's an asspull or DEM makes no sense at all because it was foreshadowed from the beginning
Apr 22, 2014 2:47 PM

Nov 2010
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:

Afterstory's ending?

I could say it's DEM but then I'd get lots of VN players telling me otherwise. It felt that way to me, to be honest.
Well you don't need VN players to tell you. Just anime fans can show you where it was foreshadowed.
It's not a DEM but you're free to dislike how it was done.
Apr 22, 2014 2:48 PM
Nov 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always Baccano and Cowboy Bebop to disprove the existence of flaws.

Yup, indeed... I'd also say that Mushishi has no flaws. Every episode, with its own story, is perfectly made. Also, Ginko's backstory is perfect.
Apr 22, 2014 2:50 PM

Mar 2014
Rashkolnikov said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always Baccano and Cowboy Bebop to disprove the existence of flaws.

Yup, indeed... I'd also say that Mushishi has no flaws. Every episode, with its own story, is perfectly made. Also, Ginko's backstory is perfect.

Mushishi is one that I can't really find flaws.
Apr 22, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2011
JD2411 said:
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:

Afterstory's ending?

I could say it's DEM but then I'd get lots of VN players telling me otherwise.
It's not DEM because it was foreshadowed

Not liking it is fine. But saying it's an asspull or DEM makes no sense at all because it was foreshadowed from the beginning

It's been a while since I watched it so my memory of it isn't the best regarding minor plot points. Meh... we'll leave it at that, I guess.

Apr 22, 2014 2:58 PM
Nov 2013
pLaguE_ said:
Rashkolnikov said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Because objectively speaking there are zero flaws :D
Apr 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Mar 2014
Rashkolnikov said:
pLaguE_ said:
Rashkolnikov said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Because objectively speaking there are zero flaws :D

Of course :)
Apr 22, 2014 7:41 PM

Dec 2013
Hunter x Hunter 2011
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 22, 2014 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
Except for technical flaws, it's completely subjective and differs with each person. For example, lack of character development in Shingeki no Kyojin. While some might see this as a shortcoming, others could argue that they saw nothing wrong with mostly static characters and thought the real merits of the show were elsewhere.

All of my 10s are flawless in that respect. I don't really care about the gripes of others, they got through to me and that's all that matters.
Apr 22, 2014 7:55 PM
Feb 2013
Extreme3708 said:
My favorite anime ever is One Piece, I simply love almost everything about it and I doubt I will find another series to can take it's place in my heart, however I do find some flaws in One Piece ( animation and art is a big issue) and also some other things I come across as well. In the other hand Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in my opinion is "the perfect anime" I just can't seem to find anything wrong with it. I rate based in my enjoyment but when I think about it FMAB animation, sound, story, characters is just amazing. It has a little bit of everything to be honest, I think it definitely deserves the top spot on MAL.

But I wanna know if there is a series that you guys like, that you like so much that you can't find anything wrong with it.

i agree with you in terms of one piece!in the beginning...art was the biggest issue for me whether to start it or not, but glad i was able to overlook the art!after getting used to it...everything else is just perfect!there are other ones i've watched that are similar to one piece or majority have little tiny bits of flaws to it...the ones i would say skim through my list...probably like tokyo magnitude might be one(along with other ones)!movies such as Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki and Spirited Away were really good! :D
Apr 22, 2014 7:56 PM

Mar 2014
i can find flaws in any anime.

fact is no one talks like that in Japan. :U go figure.
Apr 22, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
The Baccano LNs seem flawless for the most part, but I won't know until I catch up to it.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:

"Objectively" speaking, logh is filled with mary sues and most battles are won with conveniences.
Cowboy Beebop episodes are inconsistent in quality, The only "great" part is Spike.

This is coming from someone who likes both of those.

Also, Brotherhood had a cheesy ending. I hate simple endings.
ChangeItSelfApr 22, 2014 8:18 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2014
Everything has flaws. Flaws never stopped the best series from being impactful though. Only a negative nancy would harp on them.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 22, 2014 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
Cupquake said:

Durarara and Baccano were written by the same guy, so I was basically angry that they didn't decide to continue baccano instead of drrr

The later drrrrrr arcs are great, so it is better than nothing.
Of course, still not baccano.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2014 8:29 PM
Nov 2013
Elitism is too much in this thread, good night.
Apr 22, 2014 8:32 PM

Nov 2012
SolBlade said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there is always Skelter Heaven to disprove the existence of flaws.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

You guys really know your animu.
Apr 22, 2014 8:33 PM

Jun 2012
I'd rather like something over it being flawless.
получить деньги моего друга
Apr 22, 2014 8:46 PM

Feb 2014
Mushishi (except maybe my spelling of it) and Kiniro Mosaic are absolutely flawless. Ideal... no, PERFECT shining testaments to what humans can achieve, as if we mortals have created the Platonic forms of atmosphere, beauty, and adorableness themselves.

They're so perfect they scare me. What does it mean, that imperfect humans can create perfection? Was this the purpose of our existence all along, to prove that imperfection and perfection are not mutually exclusive, but part of the same singularity? Is singularity contradictory, because the universe has continued to exist beyond its intended lifespan, as it has already fulfilled its purpose?

I need some sleep.
*^^* Click to hug Mami! -->

Snarky memes & witty GIFs for All!
Stolen from PDot19, with credit to Ntad

Apr 22, 2014 8:48 PM

Apr 2013
_ultima_ said:
Cupquake said:

Durarara and Baccano were written by the same guy, so I was basically angry that they didn't decide to continue baccano instead of drrr

The later drrrrrr arcs are great, so it is better than nothing.
Of course, still not baccano.

That's good to hear

At least I can look forward to s2
Apr 22, 2014 9:14 PM

Oct 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
B-But the e-episodic structure! My pick would probably be Paranoia Agent which is more less perfect in every way.

Apr 23, 2014 12:36 AM
Aug 2013
One Piece. However you look at it, it's perfect.
Apr 23, 2014 12:55 AM

Apr 2013
Yes, Cowboy Bebop

Oh wait Episode 21 SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Apr 23, 2014 2:19 AM

Feb 2014
I think every series has some flaws... But if I really like it, I overlook them (If they arent too big of course).
Apr 23, 2014 6:43 AM

Jul 2011
ButNotForMe said:
Yes, Cowboy Bebop

Im on episode 11 of cowboy bebop and I don't see whats so special about it. Sure spike is a cool MC but it has poor story, worldbuilding and boring episodes.
Apr 23, 2014 6:44 AM

Sep 2011
hybreezy said:
JizzyHitler said:
hybreezy said:
JizzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
bebop episode 6

Yeah it also doesn't help it comes right after one of the best episodes (if not clearly the best by that point).
yeah coming after episode 5 is deifnetly a bad placement choice. Wattannabe has a bad tendency to put crap after something amazing, like the zombies episode after that incredible episode in champloo or the pants aliens right after the adelei story in space dandy

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 23, 2014 8:30 AM

Jan 2014
To answer the question no.

mclovinballz said:
Kemono no Souja Erin, perfect in every way in my mind.

Wow, that's the one that came to mind! But it still wasn't perfect, I think Iaru's fight in the snow was a bit strange. It was almost perfect though.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Apr 23, 2014 8:36 AM

Mar 2014
I can't think of one thing I disliked about Great Teacher Onizuka.
Apr 23, 2014 8:46 AM
Sep 2013
As far as TV series goes, the only anime that I can't find any legit flaws in is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I have yet to hear of any criticism that makes it a bad anime in any way. Of course it isn't perfect (since there's no such thing as a perfect work IMO), but it still doesn't have any major flaws. And I enjoyed it as well.

There are some anime that I think are enjoyable but I still think are bad (such as Sword Art Online). But then there are some anime I didn't enjoy to much but I wouldn't dare say is bad (such as Akira). The amount of enjoyment I get out of something isn't directly related to quality, so I enjoy most anime regardless.
Apr 23, 2014 8:53 AM

Dec 2012
LoneWolfRain said:
As far as TV series goes, the only anime that I can't find any legit flaws in is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I have yet to hear of any criticism that makes it a bad anime in any way. Of course it isn't perfect (since there's no such thing as a perfect work IMO), but it still doesn't have any major flaws. And I enjoyed it as well.

*A lot of plot points, including the ones above, seem to arise from dumb luck, and involve poor planning/leaving things to chance on the part of several characters, and it often seems like the author didn’t think it all the way through. AND it seems like a lot of the inconsistencies also arise from, as mentioned before in some places, for the sake of CONVENIENCE to the story. Things like that really cheapen it, in my opinion.
rodacApr 23, 2014 10:28 PM
Apr 23, 2014 8:56 AM

Jun 2011
@tsudecimo: I actually read that a while back. A lot of people tend to believe that FMA is perfection and it does irritate me a bit even though it's my second favorite anime series of all-time.

Also, spoiler tags would be helpful.

Apr 23, 2014 8:56 AM

Apr 2014
Gintama my all time fav its mostly comedy but i still enjoys it every ep is awsm
and i have rewatch it atleast 3 or 4 times and i still seem to enjoy it there might have some flaws but its a masterpiece for me
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
Apr 23, 2014 9:04 AM

Apr 2012
Good god spoiler city

Apr 23, 2014 9:07 AM

Jan 2014
well I thought brotherhood until I saw that list.

I'll keep thinking Shinsekai Yori until I see a similar list

I think One Outs is pretty lacking in flaws as well, the good parts just aren't as good as some other anime
Apr 23, 2014 9:09 AM

Mar 2014
Shinsekai yori is one with little flaws and the flaws that are there can easily be ignored.

It's hard to find an anime that doesn't have flaws.

Mushishi and Shinsekai yori are my choices.
Apr 23, 2014 9:21 AM

Dec 2012
Extreme3708 said:
My favorite anime ever is One Piece, I simply love almost everything about it and I doubt I will find another series to can take it's place in my heart, however I do find some flaws in One Piece ( animation and art is a big issue) and also some other things I come across as well. In the other hand Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in my opinion is "the perfect anime" I just can't seem to find anything wrong with it. I rate based in my enjoyment but when I think about it FMAB animation, sound, story, characters is just amazing. It has a little bit of everything to be honest, I think it definitely deserves the top spot on MAL.

But I wanna know if there is a series that you guys like, that you like so much that you can't find anything wrong with it.

Dragon Ball Z. To be frank. I know there's actually plenty wrong with it, but I choose to ignore everything wrong with it every single time I watch it. I just prefer the rose-tinted glasses I see it through, and I don't believe that's ever going to change. I got too much nostalgia from it.
"Live a good life, leave behind a legacy to be proud of."

I review anime! (via TrashMutant.com): Aldnoah.Zero: http://tinyurl.com/ly6oyr6; Sword Art Online: http://tinyurl.com/mzpks8t; Patema Inverted: http://tinyurl.com/kphmu7t

I also now review manga! (via Bagandbored.net): Chirality - To the Promised Land: http://tinyurl.com/mvblbuo
Apr 23, 2014 10:22 AM

Jul 2013
pLaguE_ said:
Shinsekai yori is one with little flaws and the flaws that are there can easily be ignored.

How can SSY have easily overlooked flaws when the characters are meh and most of the revelations mean nothing by the end.

Apr 23, 2014 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
hybreezy said:
pLaguE_ said:

How can SSY have easily overlooked flaws when the characters are meh and most of the revelations mean nothing by the end.

Apr 23, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2013
hybreezy said:
pLaguE_ said:

Um, how is that bad?
gedataApr 23, 2014 11:05 AM
Apr 23, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
Let's see

I still enjoyed the show quite a bit, but really...
Apr 23, 2014 11:23 AM

Mar 2014
hybreezy said:
Let's see

I still enjoyed the show quite a bit, but really...

Apr 23, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
Extreme3708 said:
ButNotForMe said:
Yes, Cowboy Bebop

Im on episode 11 of cowboy bebop and I don't see whats so special about it. Sure spike is a cool MC but it has poor story, worldbuilding and boring episodes.

Story and episodes I can agree, since there's isn't much at the first 11 episodes when episode 5 is clearly the best

but worldbuilding? really?

If you find it boring, just watch Spike's and Faye's arc as Jet's arc contains the worst episode of the show
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Apr 23, 2014 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah Bebop has some solid worldbuilding, I think that is probably one of the show's biggest strengths. Also one of the relatively few benefits I can see to episodic stories in general.
Apr 23, 2014 4:57 PM

Feb 2010
The wordbuilding in Cowboy Bebop is probably one of the weakest part of the show. Compare it to LoGH, that reserved two whole episodes narrating the historical events that led to the current political universe, and you’ll see the difference. In Cowboy Bebop there is hardly any explanation of why everything is happening, like how some of the planets visited in the show seem to have different cultures and technologies, as well as divergent political and religious structure. I can accept the lack of information if there is a reason for it, but there isn’t. Moreover in Cowboy Bebop people can apparently live in space just by holding their breath and clog their ears (episode 7 around minute 20.00), nice worldbuildng there.
Apr 23, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2014
Nope, no animes nor anything is perfect
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 33 minutes ago

9 by Ex-Aid »»
49 seconds ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 5 hours ago

20 by luckyrune »»
3 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 2 hours ago

3 by Timeline_man »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

42 by Kenzolo-folk »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 22

36 by bucciest »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.